• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
GGs to Pudding (nicename Pud) who outplayed my Shulk and ZSS with Pikachu. Now i know why people say he's such a good character, i found it hard to fight you honestly. GG. Would love to fight again.

Cheers

Smash Apprentice
ggs to Gee with the tag Jeff. You were really giving my wario & falcon trouble lol. nice fox & palu btw you were doing some stuff i never seen before

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
[3DS] GG's to a person named Nick who played as Toon Link (vs my Shulk) and a Marth (vs my Pit). Those were fun matches and I haven't fought a good toon link in forever!

CommanderVimes

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-7625-7862
Had two great 3DS sessions last night.
OGSenpai from Canada started with Pit vs. Falcon and I feel I really stepped my game up to compete with you there.

GioGio from Japan started with Pit vs. Charizard and later devolved into Wii Fit Trainer mirrors. Again, some really fun stuff.

Humanity

Smash Cadet
Had some great games on WiiU last night with a Marth whose name I unfortunately can't remember clearly, but it may have been "Cruelo" or something similar. I was playing mostly Falcon but also Ganondorf a few times with the "AychPii" tag, and we were trading wins (we each two-stocked the other at least once) with some minor communication through tags ("NiceReads", then "LOL" and "Niiice" after a particularly eventful match). Your edge guarding and aerial game were fantastic, and your punishes really helped me kick some of my bad approaching and rolling habits. I'd be extremely pleased to play you again, I haven't had that much fun while not winning consistently in a really long time.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
Just fought a guy named john in 3ds. The mii has an afro and he used an amazing fox, falco, and link. Though Link and Fox are good I'm guessing he's best with Falco. We had so many great battles combined with friendly taunting. It was funny too especially the stage that I did to him using Lucina. My name in the 3ds is Leoness and When I battled you I used Peach, WFT, Sheik, ZSS, and Lucina. FYI, Sheik and ZSS aren't my good characters. Lol. If you're there John with an afro, please battle me again. You left as soon as you won with Falco. Since there's many john here I'm also gonna say his caption says "no problem"

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
[3DS] Played a Zveyx from France last night that was using :4luigi::4sheik::4diddy:and I think :4yoshi:

Game's were pretty intense. First Luigi vs Palutena game was pretty silly. I got lucky and lived through a bunch of moves that should have ko'd me and pulled through at the last second. After that all the games were really close and scary.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
[3DS] For some reason I played someone named Kohak[SB] and yet didn't get the sense to try to find him on Smashboards. @Kohak you probably don't remember me, but you were the first player to play me on FG all the way back in November. I was Jonathan and I used Ness, Kirby, Toon Link, and Ganondorf.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
[3DS] I just played several fun matches against a Link named himtoo, AKA the only good Link I've ever fought in my life. He actually did more than just spam projectiles, like jab-cancelling. However, he seemed to always approach the ground with an aerial attack, leaving him open, and he kept stalling in the air by throwing down bombs, leaving me to FLUDD him. Still a solid Link.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
GGs with @Nitemare from California who's favorite color is blank and he used Marth then Sheik. He was one of the best people I've fought in FG. I understand if you taunt so I would get mad or if I would taunt back when I beat you. Lol I'm not that kind of person. I would like you to "come at me breh!" again! XD. Either connection was bad or you left.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
GG to a guy named chavatron from Mexico. You were great and really hard to fight. Would lvoe to fight again! I was the guy who used Shulk, Bowser, Robin, Marth/Lucina, etc.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Good games to Marc, who used the Mass Production Type Samus and then went to Ganondorf in the later matches. I was using the Blue Ness for a few rounds. You probably won't see this. Either way, I appreciate the sportsmanship. Your Samus was pretty tricky. Not sure if you main her, but if you do, keep it up.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
[WiiU]Played as black kirby against an Ike. I forget their name or the color, maybe default or something close? anyway, it was a fairly even fight for the most part, but ended at the 2 minute mark on the clock. why? because we managed to stalemate eachother. him charging his side B whel I held inhale. he was afraid to attack in case I triggered first, and I couldn't let it down unless I wanted to lose, so we were stuck like that until the game kicked us both for idling. :p

Was a fun match, and I hope to meat this guy again. I had fun.

RaphAttack90

Smash Rookie
NNID
RaphAttack90
3DS FC
0645-5985-1639
Great game to mr. red who mained Lucina, and Bitty who played as various characters. Message me so we could exchange friend codes and play some more!

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Shout-outs to @ Jerm Jerm and @ BSP BSP . Without a doubt, among FG's finest. ^-^

Fearsome Shulk, Jerm. Now I know what it's really like to be pitted against a character whose overall range surpasses even Ike's. :)

As for BSP, very formidable Mario and Pac-Man, as well others including Luigi and Mega Man. I'm assuming you main one of the former two characters? F.L.U.D.D. gimps are something to be feared. Although I lost practically every match, it was worth it solely for acquiring match-up knowledge. Do you mind critiquing my Ike? Worst Ike you've ever seen, huh? :)

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Shout-outs to @ Jerm Jerm and @ BSP BSP . Without a doubt, among FG's finest. ^-^

Fearsome Shulk, Jerm. Now I know what it's really like to be pitted against a character whose overall range surpasses even Ike's. :)

As for BSP, very formidable Mario and Pac-Man, as well others including Luigi and Mega Man. I'm assuming you main one of the former two characters? F.L.U.D.D. gimps are something to be feared. Although I lost practically every match, it was worth it solely for acquiring match-up knowledge. Do you mind critiquing my Ike? Worst Ike you've ever seen, huh? :)
Ehhhh no way! Aha whats up man :p Dope Ike-for some reason I don't like the Shulk-Ike MU...they are so similar and I'm pretty confident at the Shulk ditto but when it comes to Ike I'm a little more iffy for some reason. Love running into good players on FG xD

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Just played someone called "Pulgare..." (Your name cut off because of 3DS. Soz.) who was an incredibly fun Bowser. Jr to fight. I was the guy playing Roy called Conn. I was really happy with how you played - sorry if I came off as a little arrogant, all the up taunts and crouch holds are just basically my way of saying "This is fun." as Roy (That laugh and that crouch animation are just the funniest things about the Koops to me.).

I lost every match, but I'd still like to fight again. I feel today was a bit of a rusty day for me (A lot has gone on. lol), and if you're on here, I'm determined to not only learn a few things from your Bowser. Jr, but generally beat you because "Damnit, you were fun! I want to win, too!". xD

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
[3DS] GG's to Craxos. Our Shulk-Falco matches were really fun. That was the first time in a long time I fought a Falco. Hopefully we can have more matches in the future.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Ehhhh no way! Aha whats up man :p Dope Ike-for some reason I don't like the Shulk-Ike MU...they are so similar and I'm pretty confident at the Shulk ditto but when it comes to Ike I'm a little more iffy for some reason. Love running into good players on FG xD
It is due to their similarities that I use Shulk as a secondary. Punch, kick, slash standard attack; N-airs swinging in wide arcs; counters; etc. ^-^

I have a small favor to ask. If you have the replays saved, do you mind uploading our matches? I forgot to save them myself and would like to analyze them further. It would be much appreciated and of tremendous help the next time I come across another scary Shulk. :)

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Shoutout to a Morton player who I think was named Morton [Wii U]. I was the Wario/Luigi named Brandon.

Uffe

Smash Hero
[3DS] Good games [M2]NJ. Your Dr. Mario was tough! Wish we could play more. I had to leave, though. Maybe next time.

CommanderVimes

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-7625-7862
GGs to two Dr. Marios on the 3DS. One was Drip with two letters in front of his name, and unfortunately I forgot the name of the other. I was Olimar for both sets of matches, and the latter player immediately SDed when I switched to Rosalina. I'd like to play the two of you sometime.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I have a brother who is interested in playing against some competitive players in a 1v1, no items, FD stages.

His name is blockboy18

Cheers

Smash Apprentice
ggs to Parker with the Gojira tag on the Wii U. The games we had were really fun. You were really good at reading me on how I was recovering, as every time I was in the air or offstage it felt like i lost a stock. If we play again I would like to play against your villager because I am really clueless on what to do against him lol

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
[3DS] GG's to a Mr. E that used the only good Pit I've seen on FG. Love those Dark Pit vs Pit games.

BSP

Smash Legend

GGs. No, your ike was fine, and I was surprised that he has some combos of his own backed with sword range. FLUDD is just a major bother to him, that's all. I co-main Mario and Pac-Man.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Played a good Falcon main on FG just now who went by the tag "CIVIL"

our Falcon dittos were probably the best matches I've had so far online. We were just doing some ridiculous stuff off stage.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to an excellent player who went under the tag IMPALA. You rock those heavy characters very well. c:
I was a Marth/Shulk/Mac/Ike who used the tag Junketsu.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Is there any Ike main from Florida that goes by the tag D.T.R. here? The name sounds so familiar from the Brawl days...

Anyway, I had a couple of games with him on FG just now, with blonde :4robinf:. I was Johan. Nice Ike, I'd like to play again sometime!

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Played the most hyper Falcon I've ever seen. NNID was Blood Eagle. Tag was B.E.

Whoever you were, those were some great games. They were all really close, and I was glad to both win and lose against you.
I was Ganondorf, and my NNID was DeadlyTaco. Tag was "(SB) Magus".

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I fought a guy called Legacy on the 3DS, and he (based on the Mii) was the most disrespectful player I've come across.
He had a good Falcon and Falco, but kept choosing the characters I lasted played which were Ganon, Mario and Ness.
Luckily I beat him twice before he quit.
If you're on this site, I want my rematches.

Uffe

Smash Hero
[3DS] Played against a really good gold palette C. Falcon last night at around 3:20 am named Ken. I was using blue Ness. I almost slept on this player thinking he was going to be another typical For Glory Falcon, but my gosh, he was so good! Wish it wasn't so late when I played him because our matches were intense!

waluigithewalrus

Smash Cadet
Shout out to Fennec in the 3DS version of the game. Those Dedede dittos were great fun, it's just a shame you had to disconnect in the middle of it.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Man i wish people could stop using this thread to hate on others. This thread is for hopefully finding GOOD players you found in For glory

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
GGs to a Link/Shulk player by the name of Luckrin, both chars very impressive.

Top Bottom