• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

PRGN

Smash Cadet
NNID
パラゴン
3DS FC
1891-1272-1580
gg's to this (Japanese?) yellow Yoshi player named " たろう " (taro?) or something like that.
I've never seen this before, a yoshi with such a great egg throw accuracy.
My Toonlink projectiles were pretty much useless, I really couldn't figure out how to
deal with those eggs. Lost almost every match, and got spiked A LOT.
The best yoshi i've seen so far. very impressive
(for 3DS, for Glory)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Shoutouts to M from England. I was [SB]Mike. I thought I was pretty good with :4zelda:, but you showed me I still have a lot to learn. Best Zelda I've seen so far. GGs.
Ha! That's me! You were great as well. Also a good connection I must say (I seem to have good and bad ones depending on the player...). I don't own a 3ds properly so my profile's not really on there, but come join us on the zelda forums and exchange strats! It's all about the SH airdodge into kicks buahaha!

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
Out of curiosity, has anyone here ran into me? I go by Kenta, and until my return just now I was a Bowser Jr, now I'm maining the good Captain.

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
I played some French player named "Jheroni..." (I think it was something like "Jheroninom") on the 3DS. Really good connection, especially considering it says he's from France. He played a lot of characters really well, but he mostly played Ike, which was the best I've seen yet (his Little Mac pretty was good too).

If you're here, GGs. I was Howler and I played Greninja/Lucario. I would love to play again.

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
I think I did a bunch of Glory 2v2 with some one here, a Peach player whose in game name is just a music note.
I swear I heard them post here before... I was the Meta Knight and Iggy player!

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Ha! That's me! You were great as well. Also a good connection I must say (I seem to have good and bad ones depending on the player...). I don't own a 3ds properly so my profile's not really on there, but come join us on the zelda forums and exchange strats! It's all about the SH airdodge into kicks buahaha!
Yeah, I learned that from you. It makes landing those kicks so much easier. :4zelda:

Last edited:

sweetiepuff

Smash Rookie
Ah~ if there's a 'Jonjon' out there that used Little Mac~ you were amazing ! I was jigglypuff named 'sweetie' ! I'm sorry I had to leave because 3ds was dying but I had fun !(^◇^)

SonicTHP

Smash Cadet
NNID
SonicTHP
3DS FC
4897-6845-2284
[Wii U] Just played a few hours with someone named Last Min (or something like that). I was a Sonic player named SonicTHP. You have an awesome Cpt. Falcon and those were some good matches. I'd be happy to play again in time. I think we were learning from each other.

Last edited:

CCCM89

Smash Ace
played someone named Komugi in for glory just now. 5 or 6 matches with them, switching from little mac for the hell of it, to bowser jr. for practice, to pacman because, hey, it's pac-man. they played zss, lucina, a very spammy toon link, ike, then villager. I will say, as annoying as they were being, it was fun.
oh, I believe they also played mario as well. our first match was a bowser jr. vs mario. I pretty much sandbagged the first hstocks, then kicked his ass when I hit 100%+.

All in all, a great way to spend 5 in the morning. ^_^

SagaTheMeow

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SagaTheNetwork
3DS FC
4399-1366-7597
I go by ♪ and I only use Peach. If anyone wants a rematch or something I'd be happy to oblige. I prefer 2v2s mostly but I do venture into 1v1s every once in a while. It's hard to find quality 2v2s on For Glory. When you find a room full of people around your skill level or better than you, boom, lag.
I was combing through the thread to see if I could find any familiar names. I tend to get matched up against people with common names so the Not Johns and Matthews and Jakes stick out. I'm not sure if I've faced anyone here...

Except for
(Oh and I did see Vermanubis for a second but he left immediately, rude)

You.

Thanks, GGs! I have a hard time remembering matches but I am somewhat better at remembering names. I'll keep an eye out for the SBs.
Hehe you were way beyond my skill level when we played, got kicked around like an empty can, haha!
I was quite surprised since not many players know how to use Peach well, and she is easy to knock away.

Will you be getting the wii-u version?
i think i will do better there, with the tighter controls >w<

liife

Smash Rookie
Daniboii from Idaho, you were the cyan Yoshi (and many others, I remember Palutena especially). I was the DDD, Mario, WFT, and Bowser from Maryland. We played many games until I received a communcation error. Please tell me you are here!

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Whoever that Blue Toon Link was that Idled with me and did majestic Toon Link dances with my Purple Toon Link- you are awesome.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Zach from Ontario, who played default female Robin - please, for the good of all humanity, never touch online mode again until you have better than dial-up internet.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Just battled against Robin player from Germany named Younes. Well played, you really made me learn alot about the Captain Falcon vs Robin matchup!

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
To a Riki from Puerto Rico: I had a lot of fun in our matches! It kinda sucks that Peach can SD when she parasols down...they should fix that.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Whoever is a Pink Yoshi named gsmDren and is fighting a Fuel Ness named Timmy, you've made me realize how much I have to learn (this is literally my 2nd day with the game xD) and that the MU I struggled with in Brawl will still carry on. :p

Hm, I don't know if you were experiencing lag during the 2nd half of our match on the Living Room, but sucks that we had a period of lag. I hope to battle you again though! :D

Amazing Yoshi, keep at it man! :)

-

Edit: Oh, turns out I also encountered a Green Fox named Hecate... I wish there wasn't lag at the end there though. X__x

You're literally the first Fox I faced on For Glory though... xD
Was nice playing ya (I loved the Fox MU in Brawl, think I will this game too)! :D

Last edited:

ColdPhazon

Smash Rookie
NNID
ColdPhazon
3DS FC
0018-0926-0904
[Wii U] Hey SSSX. Your :4jigglypuff: was really good! The best I've seen so far. I was that Pacman by the name of Vivi! Good matches! Add me! :D

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I was playing the 3DS version and had a few good matches against a guy with the name "r-a.rix.m"

The name was unusual, but he was a very solid Little Mac. Sadly our last match had significant lag (the whole match was basically at 3/4 speed) but he finished it with a nice read with Jolt Haymaker. If you see this, I was the default Villager with the name Atoyont.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Had some great games against a guy named Paul, he used Ike Falco and Marth vs my Samus, but it was mainly the Marth vs Samus games that were really great, you could see both playstyles evolving and adapting, and it was super fun. And he pulled out some stuff ive never seen a Marth do before. GGs man.

Wish I'd saved the replays

Last edited:

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Today I played a Chalo (maybe it was Chalox), and we shared a good hour or so of GG's. SUPER good Link, and you also played LM, Shulk, and Ike a lot. You won a majority of the games, but almost all of them (that didn't involve your Link) were very close and heated matches. I played Robin, DHD, and Peach.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
my online name is Extreme, (cuz extremechiton is too long <_<) and i found someone whos name was Extremer. not sure if he/she knows about me or it was just some random connection, but it was kinda hilarious.

BBC7

Smash Ace
By the way, to this one guy named Jeff...I hate your play style with a passion. All you did was roll back to avoid attacks and it's disgusting that you were able to live at 300% through just plainly stalling while online. Fight me offline and see if you can do that again.

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
By the way, to this one guy named Jeff...I hate your play style with a passion. All you did was roll back to avoid attacks and it's disgusting that you were able to live at 300% through just plainly stalling while online. Fight me offline and see if you can do that again.
Jesus, what character were you using that you couldn't kill the guy at a lower percentage?
300%? really?

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Mega Man has problems killing people if they're far away and dodgy enough
Charged Buster
Good range fully charged, no issue getting a kill. Even the regular c-stick without charge could of killed him, just keep spamming if he's camping around or rolling, you'll eventually get him.

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Shoutouts to Dimitri from California. I was [SB]Mike. Your :4mario: & :4drmario: were both very good, but your Doc seemed to be better. It was fun to fight against you. Your Doc was definitely one of the best I've seen in FG. GGs.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
GGs to a really good Falcon by the name of King B. Those Falcon dittos were epic, you really know your way around the character.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
If anybody plays me (Geek4Jesus) on the wii u version and sees where my flaws are and has some pointers, please let me know. I'm trying to get better.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Charged Buster
Good range fully charged, no issue getting a kill. Even the regular c-stick without charge could of killed him, just keep spamming if he's camping around or rolling, you'll eventually get him.
Dodging or reflecting that thing is laughably easy.

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
Shout out to William who played 20 Samus (him) vs Jigglypuff (me) matches before taking a single game off me. He was a great sport, crouching and taunting at all the right spots to communicate. He got better and better each match, and he really learned what tools worked against my aerial assault. When he finally took a game, I got bodied pretty good. William, you're the definition of hitting the lab, doing the work, and becoming a better player. GGs.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I met a fun and competent player on 3DS. I cannot remember his name but he played a pretty good Mega Man and a super great Sonic. I was able to defeat his Mega Man, as I'm pretty used to people who play Mega Man the way he did but I wasn't at all prepared for his Sonic. He mauled me quite a few times. Sadly, by the time I was catching on to his playstyle, he left.

Fun times were had, though. He also greeted me with a taunt at the beginning of our first battle, which I always take as a good sign.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Played for around 3 hours on Wii U with someone named J, who had the username Cryosphere. Very tense and fun matches, and we both kept switching up the characters. When he left, he sent me a friend request, which I accepted. Those are always nice.

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
GGs to someone who I played several hours ago by the name of "Matt". I was Sonny, the nightcap Jiggly, default Little Mac, green Marth (I think I used this), Duck Hunt, and mostly the Pikachu with the green headband. Your Rosalina is very good, and I don't quite remember what other characters you used but I know we did Pikachu VS Rosalina at least twice.

Top Bottom