• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Dear Nick,

Thank you for the matches! I had a really great time. You showed me that my dodge roll game is far to predictable. I wised up though. I feel much more confident in my skill. I'm getting my groove back.

Your Too Slow,
Ian
meh

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
To a player that goes by bchu, good games. Your Toon Link was pretty solid and was probably the best one I've seen yet. I had literally just started picking Samus in For Glory and got some good experience out of it. The Palutena pick you did was likely to stop my charge shots so forced myself not to use them as least as possible.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
I just played a Rosalina and Sheik player who called himself "San". Well played! You are one of the best Rosalina players i have met so far!

(Oh and i was the Purple Falcon with the name Metalekz)

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I feel like this Kuruk person I was playing a few minutes ago (Used Pit, Diddy, and Ness in our set) is a member here, and if so, I'd like to play some more and get well-versed in those matchups. I was Josh and I was using the default Robin.

Apologies for leaving during the setup for the 4th game. Had a communication error.

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
I played a "Tyler" who played Bowser and ZZS.. No offense Tyler, but you were the worst person I've ever played. Not skill wise, but respect wise. First game I'm playing Sonic and you play bowser. I was punishing you and all you knew how to do was grab and then body slam. You seriously only did that the WHOLE game which ultimately lead to you grabbing me and flipping off the edge. with ME getting the loss. Have no idea how that happened but whatever. I thought i'd play you again so I played Sonic, you ZSS. We were having a good match until I accidently pressed left-b instead of up-b and I SD myself to my death.... AND YOU TAUNT. That's the one thing I cannot stand about this game. People that Taunt when you accidently SD. But oh well. You gave me the worst experience i've had on FG yet, Tyler.

Last edited:

Mataata

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mataata
3DS FC
2964-8599-6875
The other day I fought against a Jigglypuff whose lag magically made the game run at exactly half speed. Never went under or above, and somehow his reactions were still lightning quick. Hmmmm.

Khao

Smash Lord
Just fought someone called Jalke who switched between all the Kid Icarus characters. I lost nearly every match (a couple of them because lag prevented me from recovering properly) but it was some of the most fun I've had with For Glory since the game's release. Good games Jalke, whoever you are. I hope we run into eachother at some point, maybe I'll be able to put up a better fight then, haha.

Last edited:

av448

Smash Cadet
"Teemo" , if you are reading this , stop camping with Samus , it is ******* annoying how hard it is to avoid the goddamm** Chargue Shot when there is Input Lag. I battled you 2 times and i'm mad because i can't punish you correctly because of the Input Lag , PM me so we can play another time and finally beat you so you can see how ****** you are playing and why those tactics would NEVER work in a Local Tournament , because in a Local Tournament the InputLag won't save you , i'm "Avi"

BoJangles

Smash Journeyman
Anyone named Videot out there? You were an excellent player with many good characters (Link, Sheik, Ganondorf, Ike, Kirby Greninja ... probably more). I was the rainbow-colored Yoshi named JoeB who struggled, lol!

Great games! Wouldn't mind playing again! Also, that last start-of-match taunt was meant as a goodbye - no disrespect intended.

Last edited:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I played a "Tyler" who played Bowser and ZZS.. No offense Tyler, but you were the worst person I've ever played. Not skill wise, but respect wise. First game I'm playing Sonic and you play bowser. I was punishing you and all you knew how to do was grab and then body slam. You seriously only did that the WHOLE game which ultimately lead to you grabbing me and flipping off the edge. with ME getting the loss. Have no idea how that happened but whatever. I thought i'd play you again so I played Sonic, you ZSS. We were having a good match until I accidently pressed left-b instead of up-b and I SD myself to my death.... AND YOU TAUNT. That's the one thing I cannot stand about this game. People that Taunt when you accidently SD. But oh well. You gave me the worst experience i've had on FG yet, Tyler.
I played that same person with those same characters! Though it sounds to me that Tyler was someone who just had a playful sense of humor rather than someone who was just trying to make fun of you. A lot of people I know love to bowsercide because it's a fun and silly thing to do. Taunting when someone self destructs really is nothing more than a taunt, but I don't think it's one that should be taken that personally regardless. Once again, it sounds like he was just being silly and playful.

Cool down and just have fun.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Cody from Maryland with the :4bowser: and :4ganondorf: but mostly :4ganondorf:. I have never known true fear until just now. I saved the second half of our matches and I'm going to upload them to youtube. Hope you don't mind.

I was Relaxed with the :4samus: and :4shulk: btw.

lunarum

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4055-3233-5833
Jakobeez, it was a ton of fun with you. Your Captain Falcon was pretty amazing, with all the spot-dodging, pummel-grab combos and aerials. But the most fun I had with you was the Ganon clone fights, where we goofed off and tried to kill each other only by stomping to death. If you're reading this, I'd like to share friend codes with you.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
You mad? Pfft
Quite possibly at your grammar.

"Teemo" , if you are reading this , stop camping with Samus , it is ******* annoying how hard it is to avoid the goddamm** Chargue Shot when there is Input Lag. I battled you 2 times and i'm mad because i can't punish you correctly because of the Input Lag , PM me so we can play another time and finally beat you so you can see how ****** you are playing and why those tactics would NEVER work in a Local Tournament , because in a Local Tournament the InputLag won't save you , i'm "Avi"
Yeah good luck with that. I've played that scrub, too.

Last night faced a Captain Falcon who Falcon Punched as he SD's, which was hilarious. I was on the platform anyways. The lag did it, but still... "FALCON PUN-GAME!!!!" They hung on the results screen for a while, not sure if it was checking the score, to block or to report. I hate that.

Laggy Rosalina is S Tier, omg.
Okay, so I played a laggy Rosalina (either green or original colors) a couple games before the Falcon and it was Lag City. The thing here was she was barely moving, almost acting like Level 1 CPU, but she wasn't because she played like a normal player when it mattered. She was just walking back and forth like a dummy. I SD'd once and the taunt came out. I SD'd again. She didn't even have to try and I lost. What?

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Dave with the Skyword Sword Link, you're terrible. I SD'd because I didn't even mean to activate my leaf shield. And you spam like a coward. Hope to play you again so I can bury your face in your lap. Then I will taunt right back.

Last edited:

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
To Caurl from Sweden going with a yellow color scheme, you handed my ass to me twice and I enjoyed the challenge, even though I failed miserabely. You started with a yellow Marth, then changed to a yellow Kirby before leaving. I was Mio with the Pit.

BigBowsa

Smash Rookie
NNID
BigBowsa
3DS FC
0044-3467-0578
whoa, an Olimar player! hey Wesley I'm sorry about the connection on that second match I'm not sure what was up with that. I wanted to get more matches with you because I thought your Olimar was pretty convincing but my 3DS disconnected from wi-fi after that match

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Just played a TON of matches with someone named Yuai367! We started out with a bunch of G&W VS Mega Man matches, then we moved onto a bunch of other characters. Yuai mainly played Mega and Ganondorf, and, as always, I played an assortment of characters (I think I played Mario and Palutena the most tho).

Anyways, if you're out there, GGs dude. Those were some of the most fun matches I've had on For Glory!

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Stylo ggs man! My name was Blitz and I used Mario (black and white), Pac Man, Diddy, Larry, and DK. Would like to play again sometime!

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Played against Alphame... and against Ariel. Both were great and I had a great time playing them.

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
I played that same person with those same characters! Though it sounds to me that Tyler was someone who just had a playful sense of humor rather than someone who was just trying to make fun of you. A lot of people I know love to bowsercide because it's a fun and silly thing to do. Taunting when someone self destructs really is nothing more than a taunt, but I don't think it's one that should be taken that personally regardless. Once again, it sounds like he was just being silly and playful.

Cool down and just have fun.
haha nah i doubt i t was a playful sense of humor. If you have a playful sense of humor you should play in "For Fun", no? Not trying to suck the fun out of Smash but is For Glory not supposed to be a bit more serious fighters? If his "playful sense of humor" was grabbing and spamming his neutral-b than i'd rather not play FG haha. and taunting when accidently SD is a bit of a middle finger to the face to me haha.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Hey, I'm "Charms" and I was playing someone on 3ds called "Tourett..." (probably Tourettes, lol)

Anyway, it was really fun playing you. Those Villager vs Samus matches were hilarious, and the Sheik/ZSS matches were really intense. If you see this, you should totally add me to friends. : >

If not then I'll be sad forever. ;_;

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Paging a person whose names begins with "Unexpected". Used Yoshi, Little Mac, Villager, Link, Wario, and Mario. I was Josh, the default Robin/Blue DDD/Dark Meta Knight/Blue ROB player. Communication error cut me off in that last match of, what was it, 12 or so matches? Apologies.

Either way, very fun games. Each one more or less went down to the wire. Almost got your Wario both times when you brought him out, but I just got too antsy XD.

Hope you see this. I'd love to have some more games with you!

Last edited:

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
This whole thread is
Who was X? YOU MAKE ME SO MAD BECAUSE I CAN'T DEAL WITH A PROJECTILE AAAAAAA.

anyway.
Only found one person like this, but here goes. Played someone called C7A (I think?) with the message of 'Storm Armarda' from France somewhere. I was Mike SF playing nIghts Sonic and flower Puff, good games.

SaturnFrost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaturnFrost
SAGWA from Canada using Ness..Fix your internet bruh,,,that was horrendous playing you as Falco.

AetherStorm

Smash Cadet
NNID
AetherStorm
3DS FC
3093-7092-7192
Hey, just a few minutes ago I was playing as black Rosalina against a pink female robin. My name is Jackson, and theirs was Poison ... (Too many characters)
Anyways, we played some really amazing matches and they really got in my head. I'd like to find them again, so if that's you, or anyone who knows them, contact me. Thanks!

Last edited:

Spirst

How does everyone know where their opponent is from?
On the results screen, tap the panel of the other player and it'll pull up a profile with their personal message and their location they set.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Just curious, SSB4 community - I finally broke down and got this game despite some misgivings I've had, and though I think it's an OK game, the online is sort of a disappointment. I figured For Glory would be where all the talent is and then the window lickers could go frolic together in For Fun, but twenty games in I haven't found a single good player (and half of the ones I did find either had a terrible connection or ran away the entire match). I saw one Marth with decent spacing who was still very predictable, but that's it. How often would you say that you guys encounter someone you consider competent?

Spirst

Just curious, SSB4 community - I finally broke down and got this game despite some misgivings I've had, and though I think it's an OK game, the online is sort of a disappointment. I figured For Glory would be where all the talent is and then the window lickers could go frolic together in For Fun, but twenty games in I haven't found a single good player (and half of the ones I did find either had a terrible connection or ran away the entire match). I saw one Marth with decent spacing who was still very predictable, but that's it. How often would you say that you guys encounter someone you consider competent?
Not too often, to be quite honest. You would think that For Glory would have the talent, yeah (and I've seen a few good players), but more often than not you'll come across average players. If you're really looking for good players, try playing people on ladder rankings and on the FC sharing thread here.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Not too often, to be quite honest. You would think that For Glory would have the talent, yeah (and I've seen a few good players), but more often than not you'll come across average players. If you're really looking for good players, try playing people on ladder rankings and on the FC sharing thread here.
Yeah, that's what I've done in the past for PM/Brawl, and had some futile hope I wouldn't need to in SSB4. Oh well. Thanks for the info.

Ares (Greninja)

Smash Rookie
NNID
linktothepast
3DS FC
1118-0229-8260
shout-out to Ares who used Greninja, one of the very few players i fought with with virtually no input lag.
add me up if you see this haha I used Mega Man during our fight
Not sure I remember the match, but thanks for the shout-out. Feel free to add me, and I'll add you back!

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Played someone named Trev who played an awesome King dedede, Greninja, and Fox. I almost had you a couple of times! Well except that one time I won with R.O.B

av448

Smash Cadet
Was that Marth called "Avi" ?

Top Bottom