• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

HylianCricket

Smash Rookie
Its been a looooooong time since I've posted anything in these boards (I'm a career lurker). Anyway, to Tuan from Washington, I believe, if you are on these boards I just wanted to say I enjoyed our matches earlier between your Lucina and my Zelda (I go by J.R. in smash). 'Twas lots of fun and it was too bad our connection was dropped before one of the matches :-/

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Shoutouts to luis, who plays a blue Megaman.

It was clear he was a novice, but when something didn't work on me, he kept trying new things, not sticking to the same strategy over and over, even switching to a more physical approach when he saw me using the Pocket effectively.

Props, bro.

ApolloJustice

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trips97
3DS FC
4399-1028-9689
Switch FC
SW 3765 5242 2129
Played a hell of a lot of Toon Link/Link matches against UmZ 2, I was Apollo. Like 6-7 matches. I did lose the majority of them, but yeah. GGs.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Shoutouts to luis, who plays a blue Megaman.

It was clear he was a novice, but when something didn't work on me, he kept trying new things, not sticking to the same strategy over and over, even switching to a more physical approach when he saw me using the Pocket effectively.

Props, bro.
Yeah. Yeah! I fought that guy today too. No matter by how much he lost. He was already at ''OK!'' at the selection screen for the next match. Mad props indeed! Keep at it luis! <3

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Yeah. Yeah! I fought that guy today too. No matter by how much he lost. He was already at ''OK!'' at the selection screen for the next match. Mad props indeed! Keep at it luis! <3
Great to know someone else faced him :3

I was thinking of going a bit easy on him for a bit, but I decided, with how he was tryin, he deserved my best game, especially so he could learn more and get better~

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
GGs to a Fenrir VII who played a really good Megaman. Is it this @Fenrir VII? I was the Lucario player named Howler. Why did you only play 2 games? :(
I also fought Fenrir earlier. He switched characters every match, and beat me each time (4 or 5 games) but all matches were decently close. I used Ludwig.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
GGs to KYam who played as Sheik, Samus and a few others in 2v2 FG. Also GGs to a Megaman/Bowser player named moise who was also there.

I was the black Dr. Mario/red Wario named Brandon.

JackD

Smash Rookie
Fun games with a guy named keytachi who played Marth. I was the Yoshi you 2-stocked back to back. You never returned any of my taunts though; they were out of respect :c

HylianCricket

Smash Rookie
That name rings a bell! I believe I may have faced you at some point.
I couldn't say for certain because my spread between online sessions is quite large (work and all that stuff). But if you faced a white or blue zelda, then perhaps it was me since she's the character I tend to frequent. :)

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
Just had some great games with a Tony. I was playing Jigglypuff against his really versatile MegaMan, and we must've played 20 games. He was whooping me at first, but the games got closer and closer. He kept playing as I was figuring out the matchup, and I even took a few games.

We had a really respectful competition. The battles themselves were cutthroat, but we'd taunt each other after good kills, and we'd both SD if the other one did. It's nice to find a good person for friendlies. I felt bad that he wouldn't punish my missed Rests though, so I'd always jump off the ledge and Rest to my doom if a punish would've killed me. Fortunately, he didn't SD to even me out on that.

Then we started playing other random characters, and we evenly split the rest of the games. Unfortunately we got disconnected right before a match because I could tell I was fighting a CPU Pac-Man. If you're on Smashboards, GGs, Tony.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Just fought someone by the name of Cam who used a bunch of characters. I was Sonny, and I played as Luigi, green Sheik, green Marth, green R.O.B, and lastly green Zelda.

In the last match I was playing Zelda to use her 'wave' taunt to say goodbye as in the last match because I'm low on battery, but I ended up getting into the battle too much and forgot xD.

Sorry about self-destructing on one of those matches, I was feeling salty because you had pretty much zero-to-death'd me so I felt like I couldn't win and jumped (an annoying thing to do on my part, I know), so I'm very sorry about it.

You're very skilled, I felt like we were pretty evenly matched (though you may be a fair bit better than me), and I'd like to play you again sometime if you're here. Once again, I'm sorry about being salty when you pulled of that epic string on me, and I hope you forgive me :ohwell:.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Just fought someone by the name of Cam who used a bunch of characters. I was Sonny, and I played as Luigi, green Sheik, green Marth, green R.O.B, and lastly green Zelda.

In the last match I was playing Zelda to use her 'wave' taunt to say goodbye as in the last match because I'm low on battery, but I ended up getting into the battle too much and forgot xD.

Sorry about self-destructing on one of those matches, I was feeling salty because you had pretty much zero-to-death'd me so I felt like I couldn't win and jumped (an annoying thing to do on my part, I know), so I'm very sorry about it.

You're very skilled, I felt like we were pretty evenly matched (though you may be a fair bit better than me), and I'd like to play you again sometime if you're here. Once again, I'm sorry about being salty when you pulled of that epic string on me, and I hope you forgive me :ohwell:.
Could've been my friend, did he use Sheik?

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
@ Lamato Lamato

Pretty sure I played you on For Glory just now.

You beat my Yoshi with Kirby, then I beat your Kirby and your Toon Link with Rosalina.

Just wanted to say that you've got skills, man. Would definitely play again someitme.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Aaron16sk (I think that was your name) I admit defeat, overall your:4falcon: is much better then anything of mine. Great games though I'd love to verse you again someday and next time i'm going to win the majority.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Could've been my friend, did he use Sheik?
I don't think he did, though it's possible he did for one match, it's unlikely though as I don't remember him going Sheik.

He used Mario, Captain Falcon, Fox, and red Yoshi. Those are the ones that I remember, there may have been one or two more characters but I don't think he used Sheik.

If you can contact him, you can always ask if he remembers fighting me.

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Shoutouts to Chezznee in 2v2 FG. I was [SB]Mike. Your Charizard is definitely one of the best I've seen so far. You know that he can do more than just :GCR: :GCB:. When your Charizard got paired with my Bowser. we were completely in sync, and we actually used teamwork. That one match kinda makes me want to form a team with a Charizard main. It's too bad we only got paired together once though. Anyway, GGs.

WishMaker Ace

Smash Rookie
Made an account due to saltiness and hope of finding someone I've played with here (best reasons, I know).

<salt>To a player named "Edge" from *didn't see location due to salt* who used Samus, quit the ridiculous missile and charge shot spamming, ffs. Worse than all the Link/Toon Link spamming arrows and boomerangs of all kinds.</salt>

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Rezie, if you read here those 20 something matches against your Peach were some of the best i've had in for glory, just try to abuse toad a bit less.

Lamato

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lamato
3DS FC
4983-5234-2632
@ Lamato Lamato

Pretty sure I played you on For Glory just now.

You beat my Yoshi with Kirby, then I beat your Kirby and your Toon Link with Rosalina.

Just wanted to say that you've got skills, man. Would definitely play again someitme.
Oh hey man! GGs
You definitely had me working for that kill with your Rosalina. I'll add you after I get off work later if you want to get a few more matches in.

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
Made an account due to saltiness and hope of finding someone I've played with here (best reasons, I know).

<salt>To a player named "Edge" from *didn't see location due to salt* who used Samus, quit the ridiculous missile and charge shot spamming, ffs. Worse than all the Link/Toon Link spamming arrows and boomerangs of all kinds.</salt>
It seems like a lot of people come here to post salty comments like this about spammers, but really guys people are trying to win and if their spamming of an attack is working they're going to just keep doing it. It's up to you to come up with a counter to it. I don't think it really says anything to their skill, but maybe your lack of it if it makes you all salty. For Glory is supposed to be competitive, and the goal is to win. If you don't want to deal with spammers and people trying to win, go play For Fun.

UnsuspectingVillager

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blockyraccoon
3DS FC
0430-8629-1274
My name's Connor on For Glory. I "usually" play these ones::4mario:(Occasionally Fire Mario skin):4fox:(Darkish furred Fox):4sonic::4littlemac::4marth:(White or black caped marth). Although I am trying out different ones like: :4luigi::4falcon: (A white and pink Captain Falcon btw)

Last edited:

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
hello everyone, i play as Tackz the new little mac, i just got the game but i'm a vertaran smasher though, day one i got destroyed !!! but day two i hit a 90% win rate with lil mac. i'm training up my mac. i would love to play anyone here, and also hope to see you in For Glory one day.

Karif

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4012-5896-6251
hello everyone, i play as Tackz the new little mac, i just got the game but i'm a vertaran smasher though, day one i got destroyed !!! but day two i hit a 90% win rate with lil mac. i'm training up my mac. i would love to play anyone here, and also hope to see you in For Glory one day.
lets play man,add me ill add you.here to make friends

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
To a player named Adam who played an Awesome Ike, DK, Palutena and just a lot of characters really, you're awesome. I can't play as well as you, but I had fun even though I lost like all the matches. Thank you for sticking around for as long as you did. I still have habits I need to work on, so I'm glad I fought a higher level player like you. It just goes to show how much I still have yet to learn. :)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Played a ROB player named Prg0 (I think I have that correct).

Good games, never played against ROB online before, so I definitely learned a lot about that match up.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Ran into a pretty awesome Falcon named Thomas. I barely stood a chance, I got up-tilt spiked SEVERAL times.
Very good, sir, those games were a ton of fun. Your falcon was pretty insane.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
If anyone sees JtheUnseen,and he uses primarily :4greninja:,with some:4lemmy: on the side, and a desert of :4shulk:,with :4duckhunt:, :4darkpit:,:4drmario:,:4lucina:,:4megaman:, as a rare snack,it'll be me.

Top Bottom