• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
haha nah i doubt i t was a playful sense of humor. If you have a playful sense of humor you should play in "For Fun", no? Not trying to suck the fun out of Smash but is For Glory not supposed to be a bit more serious fighters? If his "playful sense of humor" was grabbing and spamming his neutral-b than i'd rather not play FG haha. and taunting when accidently SD is a bit of a middle finger to the face to me haha.
I don't think your sense of humor should constrict you to that extreme! You can have a playful demeanor and still enjoy playing competitively. That could just be the way you like to play the game. I say this because I know many people who fit that description. And who knows, he could play For Fun on the side for all we know.

I mean, he totally sounds like a tease either way, but I wouldn't take it too personally regardless.

(sorry to derail the topic with this conversation)

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
"Suzie" who played Diddy Kong.. Uhh.. I can't remember who else but I know you played Jigglypuff as well. I played Sonic and FD Link. Amazing matches!!!! But your Jigglypuff is amazing!!!

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Played someone named Ryoko

Sorry if it looked like I wasn't takong the last game seriously. Was trying to signal you to wait lol. GGs anyway

Last edited:

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
Zaga from kentucky, we played a very good set of yoshi dittos just now. Definitely hope you see this so we can exchange FCs. I was Mortisune, the black yoshi

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
Hey "Chris" who used Palutena and I think Ike.... We started off awesome! But I was destroying you with Sonic and Link and you pull out Little Mac and just start spamming the attack button. That's when I lost all respect for you. At least I know I was way better than you. Couldn't beat me with ANYONE but Little Mac. How sad! Haha :)

link2702

Smash Champion
over 1600 matches in for glory...

I've yet to run into anyone from here yet :<

on a side note, my win % out of those 1600 is 79.08%

*shameless bragging*

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Met a fun Ness played named Fabian. There was some bad lag but we had some good times.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
over 1600 matches in for glory...

I've yet to run into anyone from here yet :<

on a side note, my win % out of those 1600 is 79.08%

*shameless bragging*
I was saying the same thing a couple weeks ago. Another user shared the same sentiments as mine. A few days later, us two were matched up in For Glory. We exchanged numbers for good times and we haven't played since. lol.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Thought I'd shoutout to a guy named KiRbY he was very fun to play with and i'm pretty sure that was the second time I played with him today especially after seeing the same megaman color. He/she started out as :4myfriends: against my :4ness:. My 3DS was about to die plus we played a good amount. Good games all around

LayingSnow

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that's what I've done in the past for PM/Brawl, and had some futile hope I wouldn't need to in SSB4. Oh well. Thanks for the info.
Hey man. You only geht good players after playing a lot and have a decent percentage. After 900 matches I only got really fantastic players and no noob for like 150 matches

CCCM89

Smash Ace
found a guy in for glory a few minute ago. we went double kirby against a zelda/shiek combo in teams, and even with the lag, dear god it was a lot of fun. I would like to meet with them again and possibly exchange friend codes. I enjoyed the game enough that I want to play him some more.
His name was Garf, and I do so hope he frequents these forums...

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Gotta give mad props to V from South Carolina, I think it was, who gave me some really close matches. He used Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Olimar, Link, and (I think?) Kirby. I used Game & Watch for the first five or so matches then switched myself. I used ROB, Ganon, Villager, Bowser and Ludwig. I beat you most games, but I never did best your Pac-Man and lost to your Olimar and Diddy once apiece.

I also fought a player with the tag Gustavos. His Mega Man was good, and his Little Mac was probably one of the best I've seen. He actually used his aerials well and made the KO Punch a legitimate threat with its conservation and timing.

I'd love to fight either of you guys again in the future. My tag was Atoyont.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Shout out to † DJ † who played Shulk and Link.

LoreLes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoreLes
Shout outs to Summer from NV. I'm from there as well so it worked out really well with our connections. Anyways you have a really great falco, and I don't see much of them at all but you've impressed me. Ggs it was fun playing.

Flameduck

Smash Cadet
Fighting some good guys Bloading, DOminic, Dani, and TdM. Bloading left (Charizrad) but then Domninic came. Dani wsa a Game and Watch and I was Flamedu../Flameduck who rotated mains as well as TdM. Dominic was a Falco in our first match with him and also rotated.

This was on For Fun.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Bonren, those were some intense matches, your Shulk is really good.

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
Just fought an annoyingly good Yoshi by the name of Fabian. I was Sonny, the green Luigi/Sheik/R.O.B/Marth, and I had to leave.

Your Yoshi. Is very beast. I just don't know how to deal with it. GGs, though, you wrecked me multiple times.
I'm pretty sure I played against the same guy. He was a pretty good Yoshi, I couldn't beat him.

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
I was playing many Matches against someone with the Nickname PJUCKASS. He was mainly playing ZSS, Captain Falcon and Megaman. I was playing Sheik, Robin and Little Mac mainly.

I just wanted to say, very nice matches! I really hope my ZSS will be as good as yours one day. And sorry for my SD's. I simply messed up those :S

dawnpatch

Smash Rookie
NNID
dawnpatch
I've had a lot of good matches online with players but never got around to making an account and looking for those players until now lol name's dawnpatch if anyone recognizes me although the name doesn't fit so it shows as dawnpat... i think lol

av448

Smash Cadet
"nightmare" those matchs were good , i was "Avi" and i was using Marth , you used Dark Pit , Marth and Ike and i don't remember if you used others , i hope you are reading this

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Korden, who mained Pit. Shame we only played one match before he left. It was pretty back and forth until towards the end I started to get the edge on him, but then time ran out and I lost sudden death. I'm the Ness named Jonathan. That was a good match and I would like the opportunity to battle you again, though this was about a month ago, so... You may have forgotten.

Also, to KohackSB, the first player I played online and mained Villager, I would like the chance to play you again. I hope you are reading this and remember since these battles occurred a month ago.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I had a really embarrassing moment today against a Link main named "Culley" or something like that. He was really really good and I had to play extremely carefully so I did and got him offstage where I decided to gimp him with DKs bair. I did that and he was going to die until I decided to Dair after that for no reason and he got hit by the weak hitbox. He then up-b'd and if I had just left him he would have still died but then out of retaliation I up-b'd as well. Sadly DK's up-b sucks and Link's is better. That made me feel horrible.

link2702

Smash Champion
^ i just faced culley earlier. barely beat him out with my falcon.

caught me off guard cuz at the start he played juts like a run of the mill noob link(or maybe he just didn't expect that full on rush of my falcon at the start...?) but soon as I let off the pressure a bit, he came back with vengence. The main reason I won was I popped him off the ledge when I grabbed it and proceeded to back air him, he was just at high enough damage for him to not be able to recover from it.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
I selected Bowser(dark green color) and proceeded to win against this player's Rosalina(On Green Hill Zone) and Yoshi(On F-Zero)(Both using the black alternate colors.).
I think the guy's name was Fabian. His Yoshi was pretty good!

This Fabian guy seems to have faced a lot of people from here...

Last edited:

Kyntelle

Smash Rookie
Shoutout to Nikoru. You used Zelda, Pit, and some other character I can't remember, and you were several leagues above everyone else in the match. Nice job.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Shoff, it sucks that Nintendo flat-out destroyed our connection out of nowhere.
Amazing D3 you've got; it'd be awesome to face you offline.

deech

Smash Cadet
Paulica

Playing you right now.
You're pretty good! I'm laughing my ass off fighting you because of our random taunts mid fight.

(Y)

Albeit, I'm kinda buzzed hahaha.

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
No idea if I've ran into anyone from here but my name in the game is "Porter" and I tend to play just about every character. Captain Falcon mostly.

Katnopic

Smash Rookie
I've ran into "Tira" and we mostly played yoshi vs ganon, were very enjoyable matches, in the end i switched to ness and we did a ness ditto. if by any chance you appear to be here, i would like to practice against you if you like. my FC is : 4699-7180-4002

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
Warning Received
To Liam from the UK, what even is your deal? You were spammy and horrible, fighting you was less satisfying than fighting a Melee CPU. And despite me wrecking you harder than Ralph would on multiple occasions, you take out Dark Pit, to show me that you can go into filthy clone land and still defeat me. Except that didn't actually work, because all you ever did was to spam his arm so severly that it put my days of spamming Yoshi Bomb to shame. Are you sure you went into FG on purpose, or did you just sneeze really hard while holding your 3DS? You seem like the kind of dude who would start pushing buttons on your opponent's controller in a local match when you realized you were going to lose.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Terence™ with the Mega Man ditto! Our first match was on Wiley's Castle and we both had the bumble bee colors. It came to Sudden Death where he won. The next two matches I won. He changed colors for the 2nd match, and I changed mine for the 3rd, but he changed it again for the 3rd and we were both white/red. I would've played more, in-fact I wanted 1 match in-between something, but I stayed for that bit cuz I'da never guessed that matchup between us. If you see this, cool. Most fun MM ditto I've had, and they're usually pretty meh.

Gonna start tagging all the users named Terence lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom