• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Shoutouts to a guy named owl. I was [SB]Mike. Great Luigi dittos. I don't see many "competent" Luigis in FG, but you definitely knew what you were doing. Although our playstyles were just slightly different, our skill was perfectly matched. Sorry I had to leave early though. GGs.

Last edited:

SonicTHP

Smash Cadet
NNID
SonicTHP
3DS FC
4897-6845-2284
Good games with someone named KoolKai from Texas who played a lot of characters well (that Sheik was easily the hardest though). Really good matches. Wished our connection was a bit better because it seemed like that held us both back.

D

Deleted member

Good games to someone named "Numbers"! :D Meh, my Peach and Jiggs game are off point today .-. But holy s**t that WFT 0-0 Definitely the best one i've played! ^0^

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I just played a really good :4luigi: And :4palutena: by the name of Exile.

I used :4duckhunt: except for the very last game before you left. I had a lot of fun and was impressed.

Deitylight

Smash Rookie
NNID
Deitylight
Just got rekted by Diddy named Chris.
Perhaps you can teach me how to not get destroyed like that

link2702

Smash Champion
Faced a mario earlier named freddy who gave me some really ggs. destroyed my falcon, then we had some close matches with my link. I won a few, he won a few. Final match though I almost had him with my sonic, but I suicided at the end cuz the stupid game thought I input a dair when i meant to do an Fair from the ledge. and he was at high enough damage at the time, that the fair would of killed him. Instead I fall to my death at only 80-something damage DX

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Fought a zillion matches with a zealous Falcon player named Seth. We were pretty evenly matched and I had some super great times. Best opponent in For Glory so far.

I hope I can see him again, unlikely as it may be!

Deitylight

Smash Rookie
NNID
Deitylight
Dark Chris of United States.Your Jigglypuff is petty deadly had me on the ropes multiple times when I was using Lucario.
Couldn't beat her with Pikachu but did just fine with Marth/Lucina.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Just fought an annoyingly good Yoshi by the name of Fabian. I was Sonny, the green Luigi/Sheik/R.O.B/Marth, and I had to leave.

Your Yoshi. Is very beast. I just don't know how to deal with it. GGs, though, you wrecked me multiple times.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
GGs to an Ike/Palutena/Megaman named Jacobo in 2v2 FG.

I was the Larry/Wario/Dr. Mario/Villager named Brandon.

airtight_hag

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2509-1836-2910
There was a dude Jestunku or something that I was playing earlier who wrecked me as Bowser JR. and then when he saw how bad at Shulk I am (I was just kinda ******* around trying to learn him, but still) proceeded to switch Shulk and show me how a good player does him. Good game bro.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Adrian, I find it quite interesting how all the lag from the first game, and part of the second, magically disappeared once you started getting the upper hand, and somehow returned once it seemed like I might pull off a comeback. Quite interesting indeed...

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
If there is a Diddy Kong with the name of Solid, or a Shulk called Dr. Gepe....., know you are amazing.
Hey! This is Solid. I do use Diddy Kong online, although I don't main him in live tourneys. Thanks for the compliment! I think I remember a Shulk-Little Mac player.

Last edited:

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I just faced some really good players today. Chef Curry who played a green Fox and Satoshi who played the best ROB I've seen on 3ds. @Satoshi: Sorry I got really tired about halfway through our matches and kinda stopped being competitive. It'd be cool to face you again.

SatoshiM

Smash Cadet
@ Zylach Zylach
Oops, looks like I forgot to put the M after my name. Gotta fix that. Anyway, the ROB was me.

Really solid Zelda, especially the first several games. That one 2 stock where you only took like 14% was crazy, (Zelda can dthrow -> nair -> bair? o.o). I need to practice vectoring a lot more I think. And not nairing into shield as much, haha.
Er, how do you send a PM on this forum? I have no idea. Want to swap FCs, of course.

Red5_snt

Smash Cadet
NNID
Red5_snt
3DS FC
5429-7893-3202
Just played a Marth named Ghost. I always run into people who are good when I'm playing an unfamiliar character. Got **** on while using Lucina and he left. I was looking forward to working on the Zamus/Marf MU... sad panda... Your Marth was on point, and I dug all the B-reversals.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Shout out to Ryo (with some kind of character in front of it) for some sick Charizard/Sonic against my Ness (Andy)! I learned a lot about why people call the Blue Blur high tier, and your 'zard was keeping my spot-dodging honest.

Last edited:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
My friend was battling a Yoshi player as Ike and lost to him. He handed me his 3DS and said: "Beat this guy."

I selected Bowser(dark green color) and proceeded to win against this player's Rosalina(On Green Hill Zone) and Yoshi(On F-Zero)(Both using the black alternate colors.).

These two matches were really exciting, but I had to go shortly after. If any of you remember getting ambushed by the Bowz:4bowser: let me know!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Warning Received
Some little mac named Marco, you're a scrub. (spam d-smash some more knub, get rekt)

In fact, every player from TX = scrub, come at me.

Love how these mods have no life. and another thing, leaving after one match is scrubby too, like you own the place, if you lost, stay for another round at least.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
I've really got to stop picking random characters in for glory against noob players :/ each time I get the bad luck of having the noob d/c and get replaced by a decent/half-decent player.

earlier after destroying a noob marth player, i decided to pick ike for lolz. already got to the waiting room, next thing I know he leaves and a decent sonic named 2quick comes in. But seeing as I'm playing smash4 ike who was nerfed to hell and back, I literally couldn't do anything to em :/ no jab canceling, nerfed fair, can't follow up bthrow with dash attacks anymore. Nothing....

naturally as you'd expect...he leaves after a single win :/ while acting like cocky as hell during our match. My falcon could have handled him fine, as could my link, but being ike left me completely defenseless

ugh....

/:salt:

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I've really got to stop picking random characters in for glory against noob players :/ each time I get the bad luck of having the noob d/c and get replaced by a decent/half-decent player.

earlier after destroying a noob marth player, i decided to pick ike for lolz. already got to the waiting room, next thing I know he leaves and a decent sonic named 2quick comes in. But seeing as I'm playing smash4 ike who was nerfed to hell and back, I literally couldn't do anything to em :/ no jab canceling, nerfed fair, can't follow up bthrow with dash attacks anymore. Nothing....

naturally as you'd expect...he leaves after a single win :/ while acting like cocky as hell during our match. My falcon could of handled him fine

ugh....

could have*

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Good games to "Memos" I apologize for the nonsense in the first few matches, I was trying to look at something with the first two characters I used. Thanks for sticking around and being a good sport about it.

ColdPhazon

Smash Rookie
NNID
ColdPhazon
3DS FC
0018-0926-0904
Hey Jaeger, good matches. Your :4fox: is good. I hated how I was SDing here and there lol...I decided to leave cuz my thumb was hurting D:

Last edited:

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
Just played two hours or more with Samzo from Germany. So much fun, we almost pick every character, mostly Shulk for me and Captain Falcon for him. Taunt at the beginning, taunt each time one of us lose a stock, and a lot of fair play here and there SDing when the other makes a mistake. On the last match I pick Zelda and down taunt to tell that I must leave.
That was just awesome, I hope you're on smashboards so I can add you!

Tra-SB

Smash Rookie
NNID
sonicxpika
3DS FC
2063-0487-8921
Just played a bunch of ditto matches against a dark sonic named Serban.

GGs man. Would of continued playing but I had to go.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Anyone know who Le Troof is? Really good Bowser. I literally couldn't do anything but pull hard Aerudo reads 'cause of his spacing.
Eeeyyy. We talked a bit on nintendojo but hi again!

Sure thing.

Glory Mode has been pretty brutal today. Got my *** handed to me by several people today, including a Bowser/Bowser Jr. player who I got twice somehow(Le Troof, I think?). Also, shoutouts to that "M2K" I played. Falcon dittos are always a blast.
Yep and I remember literally WTFing the 2nd time we got matched up. Those Bowser Jr. dittos were a lot of fun though

If Le Troof is here, I just want to say this about our last game: lol. Best 5-minutes I've ever spent.
Did you use Wario and did we have a 5-minute taunt-and-teabag-a-thon that went into sudden death? If yes then LOL that match

Treehugger

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-6020-2201
Connor, if you're on here, this is Cirque. That For Fun match was hilarious. What were the odds of us both being green male WFT?

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Shoutouts to a Bowser player named uv. While I hate the character for personal reasons...you were to be respected, you're a really good player. Good games :)

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Late last night I played some great games with a guy named Cargrular. He started with Samus, then used, among other characters, Robin, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, ZSS, Wii Fit Trainer, and Ness. Really enjoyable games. I was Atoyont and used Mr. Game & Watch, Villager, and Ganondorf.

Deitylight

Smash Rookie
NNID
Deitylight
HiiDOOM of United States.
I never seen Mega man played like that before. gg Name's Alex and it was my Marth that fought you.

Last edited:
NNID
TheBeardalls
3DS FC
3539-9009-9936
While I am looking for two people by the name of C3P0 and Tintin, I get the feeling like I've fought a fair few of you before. The names look familiar atleast.

For all of my first matches, I'm always Link with the Fierce Deity skin on, after that it could be any character. Samus (Light Suit), Little Mac (Any skin) and Lucina (Dark red hair).

If this, and my name, sounds familiar to any of you please let me know. There are a LOT of players I want to have a rematch with, whether they're about having fun or a personal vendetta, it depends.

Metaler

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3711-9189-6727
Jazz, if you're here, I loved playing with you. I was "Metsy?!", and I used Pac-Man and T.Link. Those were some of the most fun matches I've had in a while!

Last edited:

Primer TMT

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carlosva
3DS FC
4940-5763-3694
Ridley, the ROB, im the red Ganondorf (brad) u have a lot of potential with him, but u are really coward, extremely coward to be exactly, but if u are here, send me a PM i want to invite u to my clan

~Rainbow Mika

Smash Cadet
NNID
rigobfd64
3DS FC
0361-6812-0263
shotouts to AGUMA (i think that was her name).
A goddamn awesome Puffz you got there, i enjoyed a lot those matches, hope we see soon again. (I was Rigo, the blue Yoshi)

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Edit: that wasn't sportsman-like of me to say. That was the salt in me speaking. thanks for the matchup experience Manny. Instead I will release my frustration to your character.

Dear Rosalina,
Set an example for your Luma children and stop being a busted character that I still have no clue how to fight.

Sincerely,
The guy who is annoyed at hitting you only to have your untrained star kid interrupt the grown-ups speaking

I totally stole the letter idea from the guy below me

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Dear Nick,

Thank you for the matches! I had a really great time. You showed me that my dodge roll game is far to predictable. I wised up though. I feel much more confident in my skill. I'm getting my groove back.

Your Too Slow,
Ian

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It's not often I go from two-stocking someone to getting two-stocked.

A fellow by the name of Kaiju (surrounded by stars) lead with a purple Charizard. After I beat it, he switched to a Virtual Boy ROB, who proceed to destroy me with excellent reads. If he sees this, I'd love to play again sometime, since I clearly don't know the ROB matchup and you're a great player. I go by Atoyont and used Game & Watch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom