• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
Anyone play MVic? I usually main Roy. I just had a couple tough matches again a Rosaluma named steve and someone named mini-me with some fun matches.
hey thats interesting i also just fought a Rosaluma named Steve,

still searching around if anyone has faced me, but until then im still checking to see whos my next good opponent and come over here to post his/her name hehe

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Just fought another Wario by the name of andyroo on 1v1 FG. If you're reading this, it was really fun playing with a fellow Wario player (which I rarely see on FG). P.S. Yes, I did accidentally kill myself at the end of the 2nd match while trying to show off. I'm an idiot :lol:

My name was Brandon and I was the red biker outfit Wario and then the Mario overalls one.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Hey I was Arc on For Glory but i'm changing it to Arc Skypaw to be more recognizable.

Anyways played a :4ganondorf: by the name of Jam. Pretty fun playing with you, though would've more fun if you switched up your characters every now and then.

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
Bruh Javier, that King Dededee is insane. I played somebody by the name of Javier who had a beastly King Dededee. He won every single matches out of like 20 or something and this is seriously the most patient player that I've ever played. Punished almost every mistake that I did. I really appreciate giving me the chance to play your dededee without quitting in like the second match.

Shows a lot that I need to work on my matchup against him and adaptability overall. Thanks Javier and I hope to play you again.

This is charlize with them lol SDing Bowser Jr.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I believe I have played you before. I go by Arturo or Oblivion, normally using a Black Knight Ike, White Greninja and King DeDeDe.
I think I've played you a while back actually. I remember thinking it was a well known NRS player who goes by Arturo Sanchez and was surprised he would play Ike.

Last edited:

~Rainbow Mika

Smash Cadet
NNID
rigobfd64
3DS FC
0361-6812-0263
Rigo reporting:

shotouts to ICON & Jim for all those fun matches we have, you made me think about maining Falco again.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Bruh Javier, that King Dededee is insane. I played somebody by the name of Javier who had a beastly King Dededee. He won every single matches out of like 20 or something and this is seriously the most patient player that I've ever played. Punished almost every mistake that I did. I really appreciate giving me the chance to play your dededee without quitting in like the second match.

Shows a lot that I need to work on my matchup against him and adaptability overall. Thanks Javier and I hope to play you again.

Not him, but patience is really, really important in this game.
I play Dedede, too, but I aim to use gordos to help me go on the offense rather than camp.
Sucks that every projectile reflects them, but he has some strengths.

FG has been a lot of fun, but also very frustrating because I'm just not a patient player, and none of the characters with good offense interest me in the least bit (I've been playing Metaknight some more, but I can never pressure anyone well; it's all hit-and-run, like everyone else).
I did find this one Japanese player with a beast Wii Fit Trainer, but, again, the match involved a lot of patience.
Spending 5 minutes on two stocks just wears me out.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Not him, but patience is really, really important in this game.
I play Dedede, too, but I aim to use gordos to help me go on the offense rather than camp.
Sucks that every projectile reflects them, but he has some strengths.

FG has been a lot of fun, but also very frustrating because I'm just not a patient player, and none of the characters with good offense interest me in the least bit (I've been playing Metaknight some more, but I can never pressure anyone well; it's all hit-and-run, like everyone else).
I did find this one Japanese player with a beast Wii Fit Trainer, but, again, the match involved a lot of patience.
Spending 5 minutes on two stocks just wears me out.
Heh, play Sheik then. Her rushdown is ridiculous.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I think I've played you a while back actually. I remember thinking it was a well known NRS player who goes by Arturo Sanchez and was surprised he would play Ike.
After around the first week of Smash 3DS I changed my name from Arturo to Oblivion. If it was recently then it wasn't me. What name do you go by?

Sir_Waffle33

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirWaffle33
3DS FC
3437-3212-3786
and to Pokey just now who ragequit Mega Man vs Peppermint Mario just as he was about to lose the last stock....

AMERICAN MARIO, ON FOR GLORY.......AND YOU RAGE QUIT. NICE PATRIOTISM, BREH.
My heart aches at the thought of Marios rage quitting. WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG!?

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792
If there is a player named Josh, great games man. My name is Corey online. It was fun playing all those matches. Especially our Lucina mirror matches. I only left because my 3DS was dying. Message me if you're on this form. I want to battle you again.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
After around the first week of Smash 3DS I changed my name from Arturo to Oblivion. If it was recently then it wasn't me. What name do you go by?
It was soon after I got the game, possibly the first week.

I go by Fromundman (My full name didn't fit) and play Megaman/Rosalina/Ganon/PacMan

alandaband

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1349-5943-3631
Shoutout to Wumbo. Thanks for playing with some style and etiquette!

I really wanted a Falcon Punch match but I guess my message didn't get across :(

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
My heart aches at the thought of Marios rage quitting. WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG!?
Yeah, I mean you'll get bad players for all of the characters, but mostly the Mario's have pretty decent players. He wasn't a bad player, just not good, either. I think he felt he got outperformed on every move he made. As for Mario's... he's the poster boy. It's too bad when there's scrubs playing as him.

So I never lost a stock. What happened was I play the edge game when I'm the one hanging on it and they're on the stage. I don't spam my tactic, but I do it as my strategy. I jump off and shoot a sticky bomb and hang on the ledge again. I guess he felt the need to meteor smash me or something while he had the chance. I forget what happened, maybe I landed the shot on him just as he had enough and tried to take me out, but we were both in aerial space at the ledge, his sticky bomb went off, I grabbed the ledge and he used all his jumps and Up+Special but couldn't reach. He left just as he was falling.

I don't lie. He got worked, but I have my moments of ragequitting. Still, it was my turn, lol.

Last edited:

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Shoutout to the guy who just faced me Mario to Mario in For Glory. We were both evenly matched and we persevered through some nasty input lag. We seemed to perfectly mirror each other right up until I landed that meteor smash, eh? :)

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Shoutout to the guy who just faced me Mario to Mario in For Glory. We were both evenly matched and we persevered through some nasty input lag. We seemed to perfectly mirror each other right up until I landed that meteor smash, eh? :)
I'd like to play you some time. :bluejump:

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Good games to a fellow named Jacob from Nevada. Your Wario was pretty good, althougth you took some heavy risks with that momentum glitch. I got beaten pretty badly with my other characters but that's what I get for playing mostly Ike.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Lazu, your Link is ace. 5 or 6 matches and the dude never taunted. Really good Link. 2nd match I taunted at the beginning to acknowledge that, but I was attacked.

No personality, you're probably a robot.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Brandon, who first started off as a good Rosalina who I think is his main, but played a variety of characters as did I... thanks for the fun. Thanks for being a good sport, too.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Lazu, your Link is ace. 5 or 6 matches and the dude never taunted. Really good Link. 2nd match I taunted at the beginning to acknowledge that, but I was attacked.

No personality, you're probably a robot.
That was not me, but I was just wondering if people take it offensively if you don't taunt back at the start of the match taunts? I never taunt, and usually do rush attacks, but if I see them taunt at the start I quickly back off and wait.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
That was not me, but I was just wondering if people take it offensively if you don't taunt back at the start of the match taunts? I never taunt, and usually do rush attacks, but if I see them taunt at the start I quickly back off and wait.
I don't take offense. I often rush, too. If I do see them taunt, I'll back off and taunt, too.... or crouch a few times. What I don't like is if I taunt and they just attack and don't let off for a second. It's not a huge deal, but if you're gonna play 5 or 6 matches with me...........

They were really good, though. I don't think they knew or cared. I actually like it when people don't taunt after removing a stock, but they were probably just a straight-to-the-point kinda player.

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
I don't take offense. I often rush, too. If I do see them taunt, I'll back off and taunt, too.... or crouch a few times. What I don't like is if I taunt and they just attack and don't let off for a second. It's not a huge deal, but if you're gonna play 5 or 6 matches with me...........
Ah okay! I just wonder in general sometimes, I'm not quite sure what to do if they keep crouching or taunting. XD

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Ah okay! I just wonder in general sometimes, I'm not quite sure what to do if they keep crouching or taunting. XD
That's the problem with crouching. You can never tell if they're cool or if they're teabagging :laugh:

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
First post after lurking for so long, but I'm convinced I played someone on here.
Just about a half hour ago played someone named...ceadda...caeda..something I can't remember how it was spelled with a nice Ike. I was lucario first 2 matches and sonic 3rd match, name AJ. Trying to get better at the game now that I finished challenge panels and it was refreshing to see someone that was actually good and didn't sit at the side of the stage and spam the whole match xD.
That was me. Sorry for the late reply, but I remember you. GG's.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
That's the problem with crouching. You can never tell if they're cool or if they're teabagging :laugh:
I only taunt in the beginning of the match if it's a ditto match. I feel like I'm saying "May the best ditto win!"
I play Link too, but that wasn't me. If you're interested, let's smash!

RWB

Smash Ace
Looking for someone named Schlont, who played a mean ZSS(My Marth did 20% total I think before getting annihilated entirely), and hard as nails Pac-Man(got to sudden death and lost against it).

I used mostly Pikachu.

Shmoe93

Smash Rookie
NNID
shmoe93
3DS FC
3222-6067-0595
Codeman, if you're here i find it so convenient that after i beat you four games in a row our games you switch to peach and start lagging :/

Hong

The Strongest
I'm looking for people to 1v1 with regularly.

Rules:

No items
FD, BF or YS
2 or 3 stocks (I prefer 3)
I don't set a time limit but I will if you want it
No equipment
I don't use custom moves but you can use them if you want

Before you accept, keep in mind that we might be unable to play, because my excessively strict router keeps me from playing about half of all people. The same error repeatedly appears after every attempt to join, regardless of who's hosting. If we manage to connect, the lag is unlikely to be unbearable. This problem is permanent and seemingly depends only on the person's wi-fi equipment, so if we can't connect and you have another access point available, we might be able to connect through the other one. I've tried to fix this many times, in many ways, to no avail. Whatever you may suggest as a fix I've most likely attempted already.

I main CF, and am also comfortable playing Samus and MegaMan. If you'd like practice against any particular character, I can use them for you. I like long sessions, and usually stay as the same character throughout. I prefer to play the same matchup many times, consecutively, before changing it. I'm not forcing this on you, I'm just stating my preferences. If you want to change characters often, or only want to play a few games, that's ok. If you want me to change characters more often, I will. If you beat me consistently, I'll continue trying for as long as you let me. If I beat you consistently, I'll let you keep trying, so feel free to try a new character on me. I seek to increase the amount and quality of matches that I have over the time I spend on this game. Having people I can play with regularly would lead to less time wasted searching on For Glory. We can set up matches via PMs on here. Anyone interested?
This isn't really the right thread for this. More likely to find people to play with here.

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
If anyone ever comes across someone by the name of PPC, congrats on winning/losing! :D

Noxity

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2723-9582-2577
I'm sad no one's posted for me here xD
I've fought so many great players I can't remember them all ;-;

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Just a shoutout to a Megaman player; I actually won 2-1 against them, but they had some smart tactics. They also convinced me it's time to return to my old friend, Yoshi!

Smog753

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1676-3692-5783
This isn't really the right thread for this. More likely to find people to play with here.
People come to this thread in hopes of finding people they've played on FG and exchanging codes with them. I could go on For Glory and just hope that I find some of them, and I've done this many times. I've managed to find a few members by looking them up on this site, including one person who also tried to find me through this thread after he couldn't find me through search. I only aim to increase my chances by reaching more people. I wish I didn't have to wait for chance. I'm right here, and chances are if any of the guys seeking people on this thread played with me (assuming my router allowed it), they'd like it. To my knowledge, I do none of the things people hate to see on FG, except I rarely switch characters, but if you tell me to I'll do it. Maybe they could find I lag too much, or they may think that I'm too bad/good at the game for them. I'm willing to play anyone, regardless of skill level or playstyle, and am generally accommodating, as long as the matches are serious 1v1s.

I've already posted on that thread. If you just wanted to let me know, thanks. If you want me to stop making that kind of post on this thread, fine, I understand that it's off-topic. Was that the aim of your reply?

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930

Bruh, I have a friend named Javier who plays smash all the time on for glory and happened to be last online a little bit before you made your post! Idk if he's the same guy, but he could be! I could try contacting him for you if you'd like.:)

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Those were some fun mirror matches Vaivo with the Fox, Shulk and Falcon. Come on and show me the monados power. :4fox::4falcon::4shulk:

NidoMay

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4897-6023-8031
Okay this one goes out to Aadil, who was using Greninja, and I was using Morton.
It's less of a shout out and more of an apology. I have a bad habit of taunting when computer players mess up their recoveries and I did it without thinking when you missed a shadow sneak... then I got ashamed for doing that and left. I- I'm really sorry if I pissed you off at all. If you see this and wanna kick my arse properly, send me a pm, okay?

Again, I just kinda did that with thinking. I'm such a disgrace... Hell you came out with some great ideas (like countering when I got up and attacked) and I think you deserve a fair shot at me.

Tra-SB

Smash Rookie
NNID
sonicxpika
3DS FC
2063-0487-8921
To Augmented, not sure if you're here or not, but good games man. I would of played more but my 3ds started to die.

Btw anyone come across someone named 3DSMASTER (at least thats what I think his/her name was). I didn't even realize you could be so fast on the 3ds...

Top Bottom