• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Man, to anyone who had the name Vincent, your characters are OP, my names were either Keishoui,Starfy,(I cant pronounce this, but it has a male symbol, a f with a line at the bottom, an a S with a o in the middle)

link2702

Smash Champion
ugh...I hate it when I find a mediocre player who starts getting cocky over 1 or 2 wins when I"m using random characters then leaves. i destroyed him the first few matches with my main Falcon then decided to go random, and he got lucky against em wins 2 matches then leaves...

guess the moral of the story is don't go random, as some players will let it go to their head if they win :/

eldavo2090

Smash Rookie
NNID
eldavo2510
3DS FC
0791-3398-6999
Xanru.. i hope you see this post... those matches were awesome!!!
Decent C.Falcon user and taunting gentleman, a great man to fight against...

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I never taunt unless something funny happens. HOWEVER, if somebody taunts me when I'm clearly outplaying them (they get a lag/SD kill when I'm up like a stock +50%), I just go taunt crazy. Punish a roll? Taunt! Out camp them? Taunt!

Yeah, I can be sort of vengeful...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
ggs to Marcos, we played twice yesterday, I saved a bunch of replays both of winning and losing. I feel like we were pretty evenly matched!

also I enjoy running into charged smashes for no reason.

BBC7

Smash Ace
ggs to Marcos, we played twice yesterday, I saved a bunch of replays both of winning and losing. I feel like we were pretty evenly matched!

also I enjoy running into charged smashes for no reason.
Which characters did he use? I think I may have faced that guy.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Which characters did he use? I think I may have faced that guy.
He seemed to main Mario (fireflower costume if that helps) but he played a few different characters once we got into more friendly matches, I don't really remember what they were though.

BBC7

Smash Ace
He seemed to main Mario (fireflower costume if that helps) but he played a few different characters once we got into more friendly matches, I don't really remember what they were though.
I think he beat me because I couldn't concentrate, I was playing FG when I was a little too hyper.

sweetiepuff

Smash Rookie
I-If there's anyone out there named Isaac from Iowa that played as a green yoshi & bowser, I just want to say it was a pleasure playing with you hehe ^^! I was the jigglypuff with a bow named sweetie! I liked how you didn't take the matches so seriously & that made it even more enjoyable to play with you! Oh, & you were kind enough to let me taunt in the beginning as well eheh , to me it's like a greeting ;u;~! A-Anyway I hope we can play again together sometime~!! ◝(●˙꒳˙●)◜♪

Last edited:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I-If there's anyone out there named Isaac from Iowa that played as a green yoshi & bowser, I just want to say it was a pleasure playing with you hehe ^^! I was the jigglypuff with a bow named sweetie! I liked how you didn't take the matches so seriously & that made it even more enjoyable to play with you! Oh, & you were kind enough to let me taunt in the beginning as well eheh , to me it's like a greeting ;u;~! A-Anyway I hope we can play again together sometime~!! ◝(●˙꒳˙●)◜♪
Roleplaying while playing? How meta. That actually sounds like fun.

Also lol @ all the taunt salt in this thread. It's basically the only way you can communicate in FG.

frownifdown

Smash Rookie
I know a Zack in real life that mains Toon Link, if that helps you to find him.

Also, I fought a pretty cool Bowser by the name of ryuxkan. (Could've been ryuxhan or ryukhan)
I learned quite a bit about sidestepping.
He did play as toon link a couple times, but we both played so many different characters. If you could ask him that'd be cool.

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
A while back i played a crazy light blue yoshi who just wrecked me and a good purple samus those two players were great wish i remembered the names anyways i go by mr.m fire mario and default
Mr. M? I definitely remember playing you. You had a habit of dash attacking in unsafe situations and charging forward smashes hoping lag would kick in. Other than that, not a bad mario.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Was the tag name for the black yoshi Mortisune? If so, that was me. I also remember playing a red fox one day that taunted after the first stock then got ground pounded then started playing super aggressively after I taunted back and the match was pretty even up until the last few percent where I nailed a ground pound or upsmash. It was a great game if I remember correctly
Not sure man, I don't usually taunt out of respect. Although it sounds like me when I get pissed off haha. I get really aggressive when i'm losing, that's where my name comes from. If you want we can add and have some matches sometime to find out.

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
Mr. M? I definitely remember playing you. You had a habit of dash attacking in unsafe situations and charging forward smashes hoping lag would kick in. Other than that, not a bad mario.
Thanks were you one of the players i mentioned?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Shoutout to a player named HURAYNIER for some amazing 1v1 Villager matches.

I was the yellow Villager (and occasionally the green female one) named Brandon if you're reading this.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Chris :4kirby:. Your name is so generic, but your doubles Kirby is anything but. I was the Mega Man that was often your team and stayed in the room when everyone left. My first time playing doubles on For Glory and it was amazing, especially when we were paired as teammates. We covered each other really well and had some spectacular double KO's. I'd love to play some more doubles with you in the future (or singles).

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Was FG salty, or was your mind sugary because of Halloween?
o-o
eh, probably a mixture of both.

Raven B, do you hang out in Team Battles in For Glory?
If so, I might've actually played some games with you (Radiarc, I play blue Dedede and green Wario).
I do! Alot. But im not sure if we've fought yet. Yesterday played teams against a DDD named Ricardo. Maybe i read it wrong???

Also, Shout-out to Red from The U.S. GGs! Sorry i had to leave on a win ;P Keep up that Cpt Falcon oh and that Fox! Lil Mac... is good but i hate That punk. We shall meet again. (?)

P.s I was Raven B.

Last edited:

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
played someone named "Lord Ho...." the rest of your name was cut off sorry. Those matches were really fun. i was Patrick and we played mostly random characters. I hope u are on here would really like to play u again :)

theleeryone

Smash Rookie
Looking for one Ryan+_ (that's, uh, supposed to be a plus or minus sign). I would be leery, the white Marth your Ness accidentally SD'd against.

Also, looking for one who goes by Otter. Your Toon Link and Lucina are impressive.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
To Branden, don't try to be cute and spam projectiles with Megaman against a Link. It won't end well for you.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Pato, your Toon Link was generic cliche spam garbage with your run & hide throw boomerang tactic. Plus input lag on my side, it was a *****y fight you didn't deserve.

Someday without input lag, if I ever come across you again... I would love it, actually.

Heropon Riki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
atlantis24
3DS FC
4725-8178-7452
If there is a Diddy Kong with the name of Solid, or a Shulk called Dr. Gepe....., know you are amazing.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
"Master" from Oklahoma, who played me for one lag-ridden match as red Link, and then left immediately after you lagged your way to victory... trust me, you are nowhere near as good as you think you are. Come back and give me a proper match when you get a functioning internet connection.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
"jo o" from Canada...you were a lot of fun to play. Those Falcon/Meta Knight matches were really fun. I think I also tried out Greninja and Yoshi against you.

Pat from Hawaii, first off...you're probably a lot better player than I am. But dang, I'm not sure if it was the distance between us or not but you could've had a better connection. Spammy campy playstyles are already annoying to deal with in this game as-is, but with the lag we had going on dealing with your Villager was a nightmare. I honestly wouldn't mind playing with you again in the future once I've cooled off, but it would have to be with less lag.

Semystic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2724-0984-7173
JD from Colorado, some really fun games man! Wish I could have stayed longer!! Your Greninja was fun to fight with my ZSS!

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Henry with the.... Pink? Luigi. Fun matches. Only played 3, I left. Figured we'd do best out of 3 since I wanted a break. Good sport.

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
Those were nice games Vxsery! I LOL'd so hard at the last match we had when I would sit like an inch away from you when I was on my last limb. But yeah man awesome Rosaluma. I honestly don't know the matchup at all against her. So I just hope for the best for you to whiff and make my move... which was like almost never. Haha

Sorry I left after the third match. Need to take a break from getting frustrated from your good Rosaluma. Lol

As much as I hate to admit, I hope to find and play you again. I really need to learn the matchup against her more with my Bowser Jr.

This is charlize.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Tuna, I was working your Ness. I barely reached 27% before I got rid of one of your stock. PK Fire spamming that never touched me and then teabagging? It doesn't work that way. You don't suck and then try to mock me. It came down to a lucky Sudden Death due to time and I lost.

Tuna, you stink.

Last edited:

Spirst

Tuna, I was working your Ness. I barely reached 27% before I got rid of one of your stock. PK Fire spamming that never touched me and then teabagging? It doesn't work that way. You don't suck and then try to mock me. It came down to a lucky Sudden Death due to time and I lost.

Tuna, you stink.
Happens to me too. If I'm destroying them and they finally take a stock, they'll try teabagging and whatnot. Seems more like desperation to me.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Hey if your profile's name is Austin or Noah add me! I like playing you two and I've fought you both multiple times in the past week!

JancroFin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jancr0fin
3DS FC
5472-8792-6103
Hey, theking. This is Chad. Wherever you are. We just had a bunch of fun, respectful matches. You stayed Falcon, but I was Ness, Jiggs, and Diddy, and even played two rounds of dittos with you.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
veloz, your ZSS taze and run+grab is so original. Wish I could be just like you. Don't get mad you couldn't touch me with it.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
veloz, your ZSS taze and run+grab is so original. Wish I could be just like you. Don't get mad you couldn't touch me with it.
this describes like 95% of all ZSS's on For Glory. It's getting pretty annoying by now. Though some of them do mix it up from time to time - they throw in the occasional dash attack instead of grab.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
this describes like 95% of all ZSS's on For Glory. It's getting pretty annoying by now. Though some of them do mix it up from time to time - they throw in the occasional dash attack instead of grab.
It's rinse & repeat even when they don't connect with it. I'm getting really annoyed with this game :(

Top Bottom