• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
That was me. I was in the middle of posting :) I, too, had a lot of fun.

That feel when the person who knows that feel of not having anyone try to find them also posted to find you.
Shucks what a coincidence. :3
I'd love to play you with our mains one day! My FC is 4081-6163-3866 if you ever wanna play.
Also thanks for helping me find out that I like Ike.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Shucks what a coincidence. :3
I'd love to play you with our mains one day! My FC is 4081-6163-3866 if you ever wanna play.
Also thanks for helping me find out that I like Ike.
I couldn't think of who you were in our first match with me being Mega Man, I think you were Greninja. Good times. Also funny stuff and SD's in a few of our matches.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't think of who you were in our first match with me being Mega Man, I think you were Greninja. Good times. Also funny stuff and SD's in a few of our matches.
I think I was Charizard in our first match, actually! I don't see a lot of Mega Men so I figured there was a high probability you were from Smashboards. :p
Yeah, my Ike SDs man, oh Lord.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I think I was Charizard in our first match, actually! I don't see a lot of Mega Men so I figured there was a high probability you were from Smashboards. :p
Yeah, my Ike SDs man, oh Lord.
Right, Charizard! I'm guilty of SD. Still can't figure out why I lose a 2nd jump when I think I have a fresh one to use. Ah well :p

Surprisingly I play Mega Man more than any other character. I wouldn't call him a main, but I might? It's weird. I guess I think too much in competitive terms to call him a main, but he might as well be a main. Fun over Matter.

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
Had some awesome matches with a player named Mathias. I was Morgan. I love how we didn't battle at all and we were just messing around, playing catch with the lloid rocket, and other things xD I hope you're on Smashboards so we can add eachother!

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Just played a ton of matches with someone named Kurei. They mainly played casual Ordon clothes Link, but I think they also played black Palutena, Wendy, orange and black Falco and red Ike. I played a bunch of characters during those matches, but IIRC I mainly played as green Palutena, Mega Man, Little Mac, Diddy Kong, and Pit at the end. Maybe a bit of Sonic, but I can't remember exactly.

Anyways, if you're reading this, GGs dude! Your Link is pretty good. My only suggestion to you is maybe calm down every once in a while. You attack a little too often and it's easy to punish, which is how I managed to hit you with the sweetpot on Mega Man's U-tilt so consistently.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, my tag online is Isaiah. Before anyone asks, yes that's my real name lol.

Last edited:

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Shoutouts to zzarrow for being the must fun Little Mac I've ever played. If you're on here, sorry we couldn't play more :4ludwig:

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Right, Charizard! I'm guilty of SD. Still can't figure out why I lose a 2nd jump when I think I have a fresh one to use. Ah well :p

Surprisingly I play Mega Man more than any other character. I wouldn't call him a main, but I might? It's weird. I guess I think too much in competitive terms to call him a main, but he might as well be a main. Fun over Matter.
It seems to happen a lot in this game to me, too, for some reason. Especially when playing someone like CF.
I usually say my main is who I play, most so yeah, I'd say so! :p

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Yo! Papero, you've been the only guy I've played online to consistently beat me! We fought like 20 matches, and I only won like 2 of them. Friend me man! I gotta figure out your Robin.

And Zekey. Great sheik dittos! We really went toe to toe.

And finally Red Ryu. We had some fun games! Good stuff.

LighTz

Smash Rookie
I was playing against someone named isaac he was using a black sheik and me using mega man (my 3ds name is arthur)

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
Played someone named SSJspectre who played Falcon. The name seems familiar. Is he a well known player? Anyway, GGs man, I got may ass kicked hard lol. If you're here, my tag is Howler btw.

Munchy

Smash Rookie
Had a really tense mirror Sheik match against a guy called Aki earlier (After well, I destroyed his Deity Link as Pink Falcon). I want to say that was a great game, and I kinda feel bad for snatching that Sudden Death win off of you.

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
I never find anyone looking for me on here :( lol

FightingPorygonTeam

Smash Apprentice
I played a couple of bad players in a row, when suddenly I met "chili" and "Jeff". I didn't get one single win over these guys in more than 15 matches in total. After losing my first stock, I literally couldn't even touch them.

I never find anyone looking for me on here :( lol
It's not that easy with so many Smash players and 33 pages in this topic. :p There should be some system if we want to make it work.

KingBroseidon

Smash Rookie
NNID
BeefHammer69
3DS FC
2879-0137-4639
Played for about an hour with a Marth player named karlo. It went back and forth, and we both styled/got styled on many times lol.

PND

Smash Champion
Shouts to ZellJr. Fun matches. Lol, I spent the last match trying to wave goodbye with Zelda, but your Ganon jut leveled up into beast mode. If you want to swap friend codes, shoot me a message.

SaturnFrost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaturnFrost
Yesturday I played a guy named PuppyFace on 2 vs 2 For Glory. He was a great Falco and Robin and was usually on my team. If I could somehow find him again, that would be great.
Super late...I happened to type in my tag PuppyFace in the search in case someone was searching for me in this thread...Well Thats me.

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
Yo! Papero, you've been the only guy I've played online to consistently beat me! We fought like 20 matches, and I only won like 2 of them. Friend me man! I gotta figure out your Robin.
Sure thing.

Glory Mode has been pretty brutal today. Got my ass handed to me by several people today, including a Bowser/Bowser Jr. player who I got twice somehow(Le Troof, I think?). Also, shoutouts to that "M2K" I played. Falcon dittos are always a blast.

Last edited:

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Just played a ton of games with a guy called gamewinner. Never has anyone destroyed my confidence as much as this guy. Man, for a lot of those games, I couldn't even get you to 100%, never mind take a stock off you. I really appreciate that you stuck around for ages even though I only beat you like, twice. Also it was super nice when you didn't even taunt after you two stocked me with no sweat :p

You played a different character every turn, and you were really good with all of them. I'd really appreciate some advice if you're around here somewhere! GGs :)

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
I played a couple of bad players in a row, when suddenly I met "chili" and "Jeff". I didn't get one single win over these guys in more than 15 matches in total. After losing my first stock, I literally couldn't even touch them.

It's not that easy with so many Smash players and 33 pages in this topic. :p There should be some system if we want to make it work.
Nintendo should have just implemented a system that would let you send friend requests to people you meet in For Glory :p Maybe we'll get it on the Wii U version or maybe in a 3DS update.

Deadshot

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1220-6935-7547
Gonna just put out their that I'm a light blue Yoshi named Nick for search purposes.

I've had some good matches with people, and some lame ones, refresh my head.

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
I'm a black-clothed Marth named Random4811 (shocker) if anyone's seen me out there. I've had some pretty good matches.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Super late...I happened to type in my tag PuppyFace in the search in case someone was searching for me in this thread...Well Thats me.
Cool. It was fun playing with (and against) you! You probably won't remember but I was a player named Brandon and was most likely either playing as Wario, Villager, or Dr. Mario.

Metaler

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3711-9189-6727
Played against someone named Gunsir, who mostly used Toon Link, and also some Dedede and Luigi. I go by "Metsy?!", and I used Palutena against him... He really beat me up hard, but those were some of the most fun matches I've had in a while. His Toon Link in particular is really good. I'd love to play like that!

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I just played an insane Ike in FG 1v1. I don't remember his name, but my tag shows up as "DrkDeit.." and I main Link (preferably Dark Link). I hope he sees this. He's actually miles better then another Ike main I play online named Ultima. It went back and forth at first, but it went down with him pretty much dominating me. I only 2 stocked him once, but he 2 stocked me like 3 times in a lot less time. He's the best Ike main I've ever seen in Sm4sh (and believe me, I've met my fare share of great Ike mains). So glad I got to play him. I hope we meet each other again.

~Rainbow Mika

Smash Cadet
NNID
rigobfd64
3DS FC
0361-6812-0263
To Lil Dip (that was his name i think)

Good T.Link overall, your marth is so far the best one i've encounter so far, too bad after some matches the lag started to increase.

Mataata

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mataata
3DS FC
2964-8599-6875
Shout out to Char. Very good Shulk that I played a quite a few rounds with as various characters.

Riggy Rascal

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2363-5630-4667
I want to talk about a guy named Randall who's got a pretty neat Peach in green. He also used a blue Zelda from time to time. Absolutely smarted me in our first 7, 8 matches or so, until I started to score a few wins.

Seems like a pretty nice guy too, because I found that one of our matches was the response-time kinda laggy, so I walked right off stage to end the match. In the match after, he did the same thing even though it didn't seem very laggy, so I guess he gave me a win back? Either way, that was cool.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Shoutouts to Jesse (Bowser). We met a while back (last week I think), but we had a lot of close matches. You taught me a lot about Bowser. That one match where I two stocked you with Ganon was hilarious. The first kill I got was from a hard read warlock punch. The other was when I caught you trying to gimp me with a yolo flame choke.

GGs to Jake (Mega Man). There was some lag, but you have a great Mega Man.

Lastly, props to Eight (MK and Jiggs). At the time, my tag was Sebastian. I honestly think you should've stayed Jiggs . You destroyed with her and I don't think MK has much of a chance against Link.

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Shayne, your rosalina made for a badasss partner in FG 2v2. I was the Pink Samus. I go by Raven B. atm. Keep it up! Im an aspiring Rosalina Player and loved what i saw. :)

Spirst

Nintendo should have just implemented a system that would let you send friend requests to people you meet in For Glory :p Maybe we'll get it on the Wii U version or maybe in a 3DS update.
The Wii U version uses NNID, I believe. This makes it infinitely easier to find someone using Miiverse.

Spirst

But what if a ton of other people have the same name? I'd rather go with what Starman suggested. Searching for them can be a hassle.
An NNID is unique, no? I'm not disagreeing with adding in a friend request option, I'd love that. But having something is better than nothing.

ColdPhazon

Smash Rookie
NNID
ColdPhazon
3DS FC
0018-0926-0904
Hey Nikes. Good games! Nice Yoshi! Lost a lot of matches, but the button lag was terrible :/ put in lots of moves that I shouldn't have. Hopefully the button lag will get better. Sorry I left like that xD I shouldn't have won that, cuz you SDed, but yeah lol. Maybe we can play again so I can get better!

Last edited:
Top Bottom