• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

MarkT

Smash Rookie
I just played a whole bunch of games against someone named "George". I was Mark.I played mostly Megaman and 3D. You were Rob, Greninja, and Samus mostly.

WTH man! You really know how to deal with Megaman. It was INFURIATING losing to you! Any advice on what was missing in my game? I don't get to play a lot of skilled players on For Glory so I've never seen a lot of what you were doing.
My Dedede stole a bunch from you though ;) Hail the King!

Cura

Smash Rookie
NNID
Delta17
3DS FC
3609-2093-3761
I played a guy called Manny a bunch of times today (and the other day, if it was the same Manny). He primarily used green palette swaps for his characters. He also won most of the games, although it was usually pretty close. Very fun matches, he was a great player.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Sorry to a Yoshi named Jeff that just played my Falcon. Unreal 2 games, I'm sorry I had to bolt. I'm actually helping cook dinner at the moment haha Really wish to play again!!!
Feels, ive done that a couple of times. Plus i always feel bad >.< always sucks when you gotta hit and run

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Feels, ive done that a couple of times. Plus i always feel bad >.< always sucks when you gotta hit and run
Felt worse because he won the first, I won the second and had to run. Felt like I took a win from him like a jerk. Hopefully its someone on here and we get our rubber match

AstraEDM

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to TWILT for the Shulk dittos! We'd "really feeling it" at the start of every match, and we went just about even, you hit so many forward smashes on me! Super good games, hope you're on here so we can talk S H U L K B O Y S

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
[q."iam8bit, post: 17781489, member: 224625"]I played a few good matches against a nice Bowser yesterday. He was annoying the hell out of my Ness...

We switched characters around and he ended up using a Jigglypuff against my Ness for a good few matches. He was very trolly (kept running towards me, then backing up), but fun. Good times.

BTW, I changed my Mii name to my screen name, so if anyone sees a Ness player by the name of "iam8bit", it's me. :awesome:[/quote]

If you meant Bowser Jr and with an annoying jigglypuff then yes that was me. The name was charlize. Sorry for the annoying jiggs.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
D-idara, what's your name on Online? I want to mark it down so I can walk all over you in Randoms :troll:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Today I ran into the first person to ever make me lose 3 in a row on For Glory so far. His name was Dillio or Dallio or Dillon or something like that, and he had absolutely perfect spacing and timing with Captain Falcon. Everytime he starts his match, he starts with the "Come on!" taunt. That is how you know it's him.

Every time I start a new series of matches with someone, I go 1) Little Mac, 2) Iggy, 3) R.O.B. I got a stock on him with each character, but he was had Falcon down perfectly.

Lost a 4th straight match, and I quit because I didn't want my win %age to keep dropping. He knocked me from an 80% to 78.something%. Props man.

Apple Jaxx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaxvex
3DS FC
3566-1709-4610
thesman, another cheap bad sport that consistently downloads the opponent after the first stock to make their life a living hell, and it's not for fun, it's losing, if I wanted to have fun, I'd go play a good game, not a fighting game. This game's not fun as long as you lose, I don't consider losing learning, the more you lose, the worse you become because you get angrier and angrier.
Couple of things:

1. What is downloading an opponent after taking the first stock?
2. Are you saying fighting games are not good games?
3. Losing doesn't make you worse, getting angrier and angrier after losing makes you worse. You aren't paying attention to what you're doing wrong or what you could have done better.

Last edited:

Abhi-wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Abhi-wan
3DS FC
2852-7698-3155
I've played so many matches yet I've never run into any of you guys :/

Zage

Smash Journeyman
OMG Urk if you're here message me! We had some close ZSS/Samus battles. I was in a rush because I was late for my class but I'm definitely down to play more matches with you!
Hahaha what a coincidence. I'm not Urk, but I know him IRL, I can get you his FC if you want.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I just contributed 23 points towards the Gunner side and we're still losing. People on the Gunner side need to get a bit better if they want to represent their character, just saying. I bet Brawler is just relying off of pub-stomping Macs to get their points. I have no idea what Swordfighters are doing that are getting them points, I rarely encounter them.
I have no idea how the swordfighters are so high either. I've been using Megaman to contribute some wins each day. Not sure how the conquest points actually work though. Am I supposed to win with each of the gunners, or is it just one win every X hours?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Couple of things:

1. What is downloading an opponent after taking the first stock?
2. Are you saying fighting games are not good games?
3. Losing doesn't make you worse, getting angrier and angrier after losing makes you worse. You aren't paying attention to what you're doing wrong or what you could have done better.
1. When people figure me out completely shortly after I take their first stock.
2. Games are supposed to be fun, fighting games aren't fun unless you win, so kinda.
3. How can you not get angry when you can't even play? These people don't even let you move. HOW CAN I NOT GET ANGRY AT PEOPLE WHO BARELY LET MY CHARACTER MOVE.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
2. Games are supposed to be fun, fighting games aren't fun unless you win, so kinda.
3. How can you not get angry when you can't even play? These people don't even let you move. HOW CAN I NOT GET ANGRY AT PEOPLE WHO BARELY LET MY CHARACTER MOVE.
Can I ask a simple question then? Why are you even playing smashbros then?

On another note, have't run into anyone for the pass few days. I keep getting paired with Japanese players and it's getting annoying as the lag is unbearable.

Apple Jaxx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaxvex
3DS FC
3566-1709-4610

1. So they adapted to your playstyle. That's normal in fighting games and is pretty vital to competitive level play.
2. Well by that logic any competitive game that involves one person losing and not having fun is a bad game. This includes Sports, Chess, Laser Tag, Staring Contests, etc.
3. Because I can respect that my opponent played better than me and next time I need to play better than them. The only time I'm salty is when I lose due to lag or overpowering characters with too many MUs in their favor.

Hina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3055-0413

On another note, have't run into anyone for the pass few days. I keep getting paired with Japanese players and it's getting annoying as the lag is unbearable.
I'm mostly quoting you to tell you that I like your avatar.

Oh, and I've definitely never fought you. My name is still Misaka though I may change it once more for good.

Though if you would like to play, I'd totally be willing.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

I was having fun until I went into For Glory.

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
thesman, another cheap bad sport that consistently downloads the opponent after the first stock to make their life a living hell, and it's not for fun, it's losing, if I wanted to have fun, I'd go play a good game, not a fighting game. This game's not fun as long as you lose, I don't consider losing learning, the more you lose, the worse you become because you get angrier and angrier.
The more you lose is an eye opener that their is always ways to improve. It's not the opponents fault for your anger tantrums

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Losing was the basis of me becoming the above average Guile in ST that I am today.

It's important to know that there are people better than you because if you get too confident that one loss will drag you into the depths of hell.

Alternatively you could just correct linearity and get better if you lose, salt is normal, excessive salt is a bad habit.

But if it's this priceless I might not aim to stop this, it's a little entertaining.

Last edited:

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
It's important to know that there are people better than you because if you get too confident that one loss will drag you into the depths of hell.
Words to live by in almost any competitive circumstance people. The cold hard truth.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I'm mostly quoting you to tell you that I like your avatar.

Oh, and I've definitely never fought you. My name is still Misaka though I may change it once more for good.

Though if you would like to play, I'd totally be willing.
Thanks a lot. I've had it since I joined, so I'm gonna be drawing a new Lucas and Claus avatar eventually as I found this one on the internet. Yours is nice too. I'd be up to play you, but maybe sometime tomorrow as my hands have been kind of crampy today. I'll add ya.

I was having fun until I went into For Glory.
Then stay in for fun or offline until you can keep your composure. You don't need to spread your saltyness around here. At least take what everyone said into consideration.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
To the guy named vince who played as Sheik, you're good. Too good.
:L I really shouldn't be playing For Glory late at night. I'm not at the top of my game and the raging makes me progressively worse.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
To the guy named vince who played as Sheik, you're good. Too good.
:L I really shouldn't be playing For Glory late at night. I'm not at the top of my game and the raging makes me progressively worse.
Don't worry, at least it makes you realize that this game's not based on true skill, but cheap tactics that only cheap people use, fighting games are the worst things ever and not being at the top of your game shouldn't mean losing. You have to rage to acknowledge how that person should've let you win.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Oh, that was me! :D
I remember you! You were that awesome G&W and Villager, right? Those games were very fun indeed. And thanks for the compliment. :D
Yep, I used G&W and Villager. I don't know if I'd call them "awesome" but I'm working on it. Thanks for the compliment though! We'll have to play again sometime.

I am, however, good enough to get frustrated when I see someone using Ike and trying to approach with Quick Draw. Repeatedly. I then proceed to select Ike myself (a character I don't use much) and win. Maybe that's mean?

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
And the game shouldn't match you up againist those people.

Yeah, you could try a little less "I'm gonna spam the same move over and over and whenever he figures it out I'm suddenly going to change my strategy so he has to constantly guess what to do to overcome the next cheap tactic". You alone destroyed all my interest in getting better at this game, nice going.
Are you serious? Surely these posts were a light hearted joke.

If you can't deal with a tactic, and they're not just running down the clock (which can be dealt with, I just don't get the point of trying to stall out a 5 minute match), then you're the one with the problem, not them.

Here is exactly the problem for you then. Losing is learning, you learn by adapting to what other are going to try, and you find a counter for it, making you a better player. I spend most of my time tanking my win percentage by battling anyone who can beat me for as long as possible. In doing so I've finally found a main, figured out how to deal with a myriad of tactics, including aggressive approaches, "spammy" and "campy" styles, as well as players stalling.

Learn from your own mistakes, don't whinge about them.

I had a day where I lost about 40 out of 50 matches. It was the most fun I've had on the game yet. If being beaten makes you angry, then it's your anger that's the issue, not the game. Maybe you should try working on your fundaments for a bit before you go again.

Last edited:

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I really wish I could remember the names of the awesome people I've played. I'll have to start saving replays or something.

I played a purple villager quite a bit last night, and those matches were so fun. Seemed like every game came down to last stock at high % where anyone could have taken it. It's not something I've come across often, where I can get 10+ games in against an awesome opponent.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Don't worry, at least it makes you realize that this game's not based on true skill, but cheap tactics that only cheap people use, fighting games are the worst things ever and not being at the top of your game shouldn't mean losing. You have to rage to acknowledge how that person should've let you win.
Um, no I wouldn't say he was being cheap. He was definitely the more skilled and honest players that I've faced. But it was basically his skill vs my waning skill from raging at 2 AM.
And it's not the game's fault entirely. There's always going to be someone better than you, always someone worse than you, and occasionally you'll find that person on equal grounds. That's just how gaming in general works.
:glare: Also, no, the person should not let you win.

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Um, no I wouldn't say he was being cheap. He was definitely the more skilled and honest players that I've faced. But it was basically his skill vs my waning skill from raging at 2 AM.
And it's not the game's fault entirely. There's always going to be someone better than you, always someone worse than you, and occasionally you'll find that person on equal grounds. That's just how gaming in general works.
:glare: Also, no, the person should not let you win.
There should be always someone worse than you handy to play againist them, some people simply don't like losing at all, I prefer to not learn rather than losing to anyone.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Kimani, if you're here; sorry about the lag. My connection went to crap. Your Toon Link's pretty alright.

And @ D-idara D-idara , I guess you're that someone worse for that Lucina, huh?

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
There should be always someone worse than you handy to play againist them, some people simply don't like losing at all, I prefer to not learn rather than losing to anyone.
That's really closed minded of you. But hey, you seem like someone who doesn't like to lose. That's your prerogative. I myself, or usually any sensible person, would rather learn from my losses and see what I can do to improve. I've gotten around to saving replays of my worst moments to see how to better myself.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
We're here to share experiences with people we've fought online in hopes of being able to find that person and play with them again, not to listen to you whine and complain of how people won't let you win. Either leave the game alone, control your anger tantrums, stay offline or in for fun and stop complaining here. Please. If you're getting your ass whooped, leave the match and find someone whose easier to beat if that would make you feel better.

And to that Pac-Man and Dr. Mario I just played (can't remember your name), that rolling and spamming your special attacks didn't seem to work too well huh?

SmellTheJava

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0834-0767-5817
Yeah, it sure feels like a lot of fun to take from 15 losses and 1 win. And HA! bait the grab? More like he figures out I'm gonna mix it up and acts accordingly, right now I'm facing againist some punk using the gamertag Jake, I'm Lucina, and I always take the first stock, then he completely downloads me and whoops my ***.

And no, I'm not better than that, my opponents should be better than that.

I read that 'Playing To Win' bull**** that basically excuses all cheap tactics.

So you want people who are worse than you to stop playing by demoralizing them? Nice going.

This game's impossible, everyone downloads you and you can't take a stock because then they take two stocks from you, everyone 2-stocks me and I'm never going to get better, this game's impossible, it's completely unfair and I hope all copies of Smash 3DS worldwide explode so that no one can play anymore.

I'm currently at 78 matches with 27 victories and 51 losses, with a 34.61 ratio, and it's only going to get worse and worse. This game sucks and nobody should play it, you have to mix things up too much.

IT ALSO DOESN'T HELP THAT LUCINA'S DAIR IS UNSAFE ON HIT, UNSAFE. ON. HIT.
At least we got Ridley in.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
At least we got Ridley in.
Holy smokes the shots are real.

ON TOPIC I met this pretty dece G Dubs(G&W) called Bynine. That guy called TTTTTsd who used Doc, that was me!

Wait wait, I just decided to read that wall of text . "This game sucks you have to mix things up too much." If I had a coffee table to put my face through and take a wood splinter in the eye I would.

Last edited:

Hina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3055-0413
Thanks a lot. I've had it since I joined, so I'm gonna be drawing a new Lucas and Claus avatar eventually as I found this one on the internet. Yours is nice too. I'd be up to play you, but maybe sometime tomorrow as my hands have been kind of crampy today. I'll add ya.
How nice of you. Thank you for my avatar. I'll add you as soon as you tell me you're able to play.

Greedoid

Smash Rookie
I played as Dark Pit vs a Pit for 10 matches around an hour ago. Those were some hella canon matches.

Top Bottom