• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

DynamicMoves

Smash Cadet
NNID
DynamicMovement
3DS FC
4485-0297-2818
Just played somebody named Ant. Killed me easily in the first two fights, came back and won the third and the fourth was close, but I lost.
Ganondorf vs Mr. Game and Watch
Capt. Falcon vs Zelda
Ike vs Doctor Mario
Samus vs Ness

Good fights, would fight again.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I played a guy named BlkVox earlier. His Jigglypuff was good at edgeguarding, but his other chars--Bowser, Bowser Jr., Ganon, Toon Link, and Dedede were better. I was using Villager, and Game & Watch. Shout outs to his Toon Link in particular; it was the first one I've seen on For Glory who used his projectiles well.
Man, I got frustrated vs his Toon Link because I got bored of dealing with projectiles.
I can't remember how I KO'd him the first time, but I caught him sleeping when he recovered; he dropped off to upB again, so I jumped off and farted for the gimp.
I quit soon after because we were lagging, but it's good to know he's good against others.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Man, I got frustrated vs his Toon Link because I got bored of dealing with projectiles.
I can't remember how I KO'd him the first time, but I caught him sleeping when he recovered; he dropped off to upB again, so I jumped off and farted for the gimp.
I quit soon after because we were lagging, but it's good to know he's good against others.
Yeah, the lag wasn't too bad really. All the other Toon Links I've fought just threw their boomerangs in a straight line and tried DAiring me over and over. Not that hard to counter, really. :p This guy angled the 'rangs, cleverly tossed bombs, and trapped my landings with arrows.

I also had a few matches with a player named Yasmine who used Marth and ZSS. We went to time on the first Marth match. Really clever spacing, probably the best I've seen someone do on this game yet.

My current name is Atoyont on there, if anyone's wondering.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
If anyone wants to find me online, my online name is エルレイド with a star on both ends of the name. I play with Greninja most of the time, and you might see me throw in some Shulk, Robin, Lucario, and Sheik here and there, as well as a few other characters like Bowser, Duck Hunt, etc.

You might be thinking that there is no way you can get a username with Japanese characters, but there actually is a way. I had a Japanese 3DS for a period of time. When I created a mii there, I used Japanese characters for my mii's name, transferred it to my WiiU (you can connect a Japanese 3DS with an American WiiU when it comes to Miis; I've tried this several times), used the Japanese mii as my Miiverse mii, and then the same mii got carried over to my American 3DS once the update arrived that incorporated Miiverse to the 3DS.

Last edited:

PCHU

Smash Lord
Just fought a player named Ookami; not ashamed to say I got bodied hard.
Greninja and Pikachu main; I could not find an opening and got quickly overwhelmed with speed.
Part of me wants to say that it's because my mains can't deal with projectiles/aren't fast, but the other part says this guy was good, and he was.
Such a shame they took away Wario's KO power on clap; I don't even bother anymore because it doesn't combo and it doesn't kill, it's just there; I may as well go for fair because I can at least string those.

Anyways.
Turns out Falco is a viable pick vs Pikachu (even though I could tell the guy was taking it easy on me on occasion; at least Falco's nair is fast enough to hit Pikachu before he can continue his combo); neutral A has decent enough speed and range to catch Pika and it's great for racking up damage.
Dthrow can chain into dash attack/RAR bair, but I haven't found anything beyond that.
Dtilt KOs, but ftilt doesn't seem to do much for me in terms of pressuring shield; I couldn't safely bair him either because I got shieldgrabbed, and I actually lost a fair amount of trades as far as thunder jolt is concerned (which is always disheartening).

Pika's combo game is no joke, and he's actually really safe if you utilize his full mobility and establish your stage presence.
A huge pain to fight against and the big reminder that I don't really like this game, but a great opponent that I'd love to fight again.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Real., do me a favor.

Take your pink Falcon and never fight me again. You're too good at video games.

Ink Foxclaw

Smash Rookie
Ugh, I forgot your name. But we just did like 10 Mac vs Falcon matches. I'm Ty. It was so fun dude, you're really good at Mac, which is rare on For Glory, lol.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I fought ten or so matches with a guy named Prism.
He primarily used Charizard and Lucario. His Lucario was really good, his Charizard was a bit easy to read.
He also used Ike and Pac-Man.

BTW, my name is RipoffmanX and/or Kenith and I used Lucina, Rosalina, Ganondorf and Wii Fit Trainer.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Anyone know who Le Troof is? Really good Bowser. I literally couldn't do anything but pull hard Aerudo reads 'cause of his spacing.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Played an Ike going by Alan. His spacing was incredible. That's the first time my Megaman's been defeated 5 in a row, even if they were all close after the first one. It was still enough to learn from though.

Soulstice Music

Smash Cadet
Looking for a Pac-Man main by the name of John.

I played a BUNCH of matches with you just now. I played villager (named Hayden). You kicked my butt like 90% of the time, but I was improving and learning with every game. PM me if you happen to see this!

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Chuy, if you're out there, I wanna play against you again. Those Mario dittos we had were sick. You're the best Mario player I've come across in FG yet.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
I also had a few matches with a player named Yasmine who used Marth and ZSS. We went to time on the first Marth match. Really clever spacing, probably the best I've seen someone do on this game yet.

My current name is Atoyont on there, if anyone's wondering.
That would be @ Matsushi Matsushi if you were wondering

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
There is a shulk player with the tag "Chris" who bodied me pretty bad earlier..

Last edited:

SagaTheMeow

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SagaTheNetwork
3DS FC
4399-1366-7597
I played vs a Peach whose name was: ♪
That player was so good >w< i could not do anything vs him/her.

Crazy, but awesome!

Last edited:

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
Was it a Red DK?

Considering I've played around 400-500 matches without facing another DK main. It could very well be me.
Possibly, not 100% on the details LOL... I'm boring and almost always go default (except Lemmy =P ).

Anyway if you wanna play (again? lol) I added your 3DS FC, go ahead and add me if you want :)

K-45

Smash Journeyman
I recently played a really good peach who called herself mage. If anyone knows who she is tell her to add me.

Also if u seen anyone who mains megaman by the name of mitch that's me.

Last edited:

ThaiMyShoes

Smash Rookie
Wondering if anyone here has played me, my tag name in game is mr.white - thaitanium for my ds name
I mostly use link

Matsushi

True Blood
Oh, that was me! :D
I remember you! You were that awesome G&W and Villager, right? Those games were very fun indeed. And thanks for the compliment. :D

Twewy

Smash Lord
Beavis, if you're out there, those were some fun matches. Loving our Falcon Punch only one.

EDIT: Turns out that was with Alnium. Either way, you were both fun to play with.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
"Proto :3", please get better internet. The lag was so bad I selected Tharja! Lucina, which was what was on the bottom screen, but ended up getting the Cherche palette in battle.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
Played a DHD player named Koku, he was pretty good but he was so damn campy..... he literally did nothing but use projectiles and Anti air when I tried to approach, but that's how DHD is supposed to be played.
we disconnected though.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Had a few good games in a marathon session against someone today. They were using Little Mac and Ike mostly.

Played a DHD player named Koku, he was pretty good but he was so damn campy..... he literally did nothing but use projectiles and Anti air when I tried to approach, but that's how DHD is supposed to be played.
we disconnected though.
*"disconnected"*

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina name Regi. Good games. Had to leave a lot earlier than I would have liked. Trying to learn the character myself.

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
Fought someone named SK who had a pretty slick Shulk. I don't think I've ever seen someone use Speed stance that effectively.

GGs sorry I left early my battery was dying.

Intero

Smash Cadet
Fought a Fox named Mii, I was intero using mainly sonic, had fun! would love to fight you again

Twewy

Smash Lord
To JJ the Shulk user: Fix your Internet please. Microsoft Powerpoint is not a valid platform for Smash.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Justin who played Falcon and Dorf with me for who knows how long, a long long time. Where are you.

Don't be a hater, quote me.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Props to Avogadra to having a good Peach. Kinda bummed out you only played her, though.

BoJ, you have a godly Dedede.

Last edited:

Intero

Smash Cadet
Props to Avogadra to having a good Peach. Kinda bummed out you only played her, though.

BoJ, you have a godly Dedede.
Because I'm a wild stallion who cannot be tamed, I have a feeling you'd be really fun to fight, down to play sometime?

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
I had some good mirror matches with my Bowser Jr against another one by the name of yayo. I was charlize and before you ask I'm not a girl. It's my little sister's 3ds that I'm using for the meantime since mine was stolen a couple of days ago.

We had 6-8 matches and yayo won every single one of them. This guy for sure knew how to use Bowser Jr and punished me real hard whenever I upspecial. I hope to play you again though dude. I need these kind of mirror matches to improve my Bowser Jr.

Nevarro

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nevarro
3DS FC
0619-5007-5867
I played my first for glory games against a Falco names Vic. I'd of played more but it seems I can't keep my 3DS held with shaky hands for long enough. GG's though if he happens to be on the boards.

MoHarp

Smashin' Bass Guitars
NNID
MoHarp
Switch FC
SW 3796 8060 8415
Just want to say, this is an amazing thread. I hope that eventually there will be a way for everybody who battles each other online to be able to say at the very least, "Good Game." But until then it's just mysterious matches with abrupt goodbyes. I hope this thread becomes big and a lot of people meet from old matches this way.

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
Just played a match of Diddy dittos with some guy named Soul. He was great, felt like I was playing a better version of myself.

My mii name is >матт★ btw

Last edited:
Top Bottom