• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who plays WoW here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Another soul saved.

In other news, this is not correct:

I never got into card games
i was always at uuaas house playing smash while they played yugioh i was like man...u guys r ghey.
I just hate games where being good is entirely dependent on how much you can spend on it.
(bear in mind I'm talking mainly about magic here)

This is a missconception that bugs the **** out of me, because it discourages a lot of people from picking up a really amazing game and it just isn't true. While no one will argue that there is a financial barrier to playing the game, there is a HUGE amount of skill involved at winning at magic once you get beyond really beginner-level play.

I can't comment on yu-gi-oh since I've never played it - though I've heard from a number of sources that it's both more expensive to play and less skill-intensive, so you may have me there. Mtg is off the chain, though.

And WoW still sucks my c0ck.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Another soul saved.

In other news, this is not correct:

(bear in mind I'm talking mainly about magic here)

This is a missconception that bugs the **** out of me, because it discourages a lot of people from picking up a really amazing game and it just isn't true. While no one will argue that there is a financial barrier to playing the game, there is a HUGE amount of skill involved at winning at magic once you get beyond really beginner-level play.

I can't comment on yu-gi-oh since I've never played it - though I've heard from a number of sources that it's both more expensive to play and less skill-intensive, so you may have me there. Mtg is off the chain, though.

And WoW still sucks my c0ck.

Not saying theres no skill involved
im just sayin if u got no money u aint goin far

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
I have to agree with Pritch here. You'd be surprised how ridiculously well you can do with a small investment and some studying to find a good deck and how to play it.

I play(ed) a Worldgorger Dragon combo deck for T1, and could get the combo in 1-3 turns nearly every game for the kill. Total deck cost: $50 if buying singles. I could arguably make it "better" by changing it to blue/black with counters instead of all black with Dragon/Laquatus as my kill, plus adding pieces of power, but oddly enough, I've spent quite a lot of time playing with a proxied version of the "full power" deck, and it wasn't half as consistent as the cheap version I made. :D

Point being; it can be cheap, but a lot of the fun for most people comes in the randomness too. '

Things like drafts are a blast too, and are a great test of your on-the-fly deckmaking/statistical choice making, and general knowledge regarding the game.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I was hardcore into MTG back in middle school but I was too embarassed to tell any of my friends lol. :)

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
well face it...
what could he (or anyone, lol) have said that would have been a necessary bump for this thread?
Nothing at all

exactly. :confused:

I was hardcore into MTG back in middle school but I was too embarassed to tell any of my friends lol. :)
Pssh. I was the same way for a bit until I just gave up and couldn't resist ****** everyone in my school :psycho:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom