• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

Adi

Smash Lord
Holy crap you double shine with the y button!?!?!?

Do you hold the controller in a wierd way or do you have insanely fast fingers.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Adi, why do you ask? Did you just see my combo vid or something? And I'd be glad to explain it to you, but I want to know what made you so curious all of a sudden...

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
^^ There's my question lol
I main CF so maybe I could give you a little advice in addition to what Shiz said. Basically just be as gay as you possibly can. If you get CF off the stage, he should not come back, ever. He can't sweet spot the ledge so dair spikes destroy him, and repeated ledge-hopped bairs work where you can't dair him.

Lasers totally disrupt CF's dash-dancing, which disrupts his mindgames, which should make him easier to predict. His approach is generally limited to full jump or double jump aerials, or, if he's close enough, he can raptor boost under your lasers.

Vary your tech patterns if the CF is good at tech-chasing. Generally teching in place is probably the best option. You could also occasionally not tech at all, but that's pretty dangerous because CF can stomp => knee you.

You can get killed by stomp => knee around 50ish, I think, so watch out for that. Stomp => raptor boost => knee around 40ish. You can smash DI the raptor boost pretty easily to avoid the knee, though. Uthrow => knee around 92 for any DI but away, so always DI away once you get that damaged. At high %, watch out for CC dtilt => knee as well.

Counterpick FOD.

I watched a couple of your videos and it seems you're playing too aggressively.

Adi

Smash Lord
Overall though, real nice Falco. Keep the practicing up, and I saw you trying to do double shiens while he was dead, I really recommend you don't use the control stick, it is really easy to phantasm off the stage doing it with the control stick. Thats why I use the Y button.
I've always done double/triple shining with the control stick, I didn't think it was possible to do it fast enough with the buttons to stay on the ground =P. That's why I was asking whether you held it the controller in a different way while doing it or is it just that my right thumb can't move fast enough to do it like that =P.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
The reason you see the pros appear to move so quick is because they are preforming the "Isai platform drop". This is as soon as you land you do a dash but at the same time you press down. Its like doing a half circle or a Hadoken. You do it corresponding to the direction you are facing. This allows your charcter to fall through the platform quickly. If done correctly you can then perform a d-air or w/e you want. This is most likley what you wan't to do its pretty muching timing. Any character to my knowledge can do the "Isai drop" heres a video of it being performed with a DK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uVk-myfyLI

There really isn't a whole lot of information out on this like wavedashing ect. I myself have looked it up and picked stuff up here and there. For the most part as soon as your charcter lands on the platform if you perform the half circle movement from (right to down if facing to the right, or left to down facing to the left) your charcter will fall faster than just pressing down on the platform. I hope this is what you were looking for because it appears to be what your asking for.
Alright, so you covered if I'm not doing an l-canceled aerial, in which case the "isai drop" is what I want.

If you L-cancel an aerial on a platform, you can drop through pretty immediately if you press down with the correct timing.

There's another way to do this as well, and it's especially useful for when you just land on the platform from a jump; not doing an aerial or anything. When you land, there is a small amount of lag time before you can drop, but you are allowed to run forward or jump again immediately. So if you press forward, down right/left, down then you will fall through immediately. It's quarter circle rotation of the joystick, similar to performing a hadouken on Street Fighter, only you start with forward instead of down first.
If I am doing an l-canceled aerial, then I can just press down with the correct timing. If not, I do the "isai drop".

These methods should be added to some of the major guides. There is lots of material for complete noob and intermediate players, but not so much for advanced players.

Squeek727

Smash Cadet
This might have been said already but because of my laziness im not going through 81 pages XD. So do you have any tips on doing the double shine?

Miharu

Smash Hero
I main CF so maybe I could give you a little advice in addition to what Shiz said. Basically just be as gay as you possibly can. If you get CF off the stage, he should not come back, ever. He can't sweet spot the ledge so dair spikes destroy him, and repeated ledge-hopped bairs work where you can't dair him.

Lasers totally disrupt CF's dash-dancing, which disrupts his mindgames, which should make him easier to predict. His approach is generally limited to full jump or double jump aerials, or, if he's close enough, he can raptor boost under your lasers.

Vary your tech patterns if the CF is good at tech-chasing. Generally teching in place is probably the best option. You could also occasionally not tech at all, but that's pretty dangerous because CF can stomp => knee you.

You can get killed by stomp => knee around 50ish, I think, so watch out for that. Stomp => raptor boost => knee around 40ish. You can smash DI the raptor boost pretty easily to avoid the knee, though. Uthrow => knee around 92 for any DI but away, so always DI away once you get that damaged. At high %, watch out for CC dtilt => knee as well.

Counterpick FOD.

I watched a couple of your videos and it seems you're playing too aggressively.
Hmm. So just camp against CF. Sounds good, thanks for the advice

And yeah Shiz, I do doubleshine with Y. I'm just not very good at it >_>

Lol Squeek, most people do it by sliding from Y to B. Quickly, of course.

Youngdude111

Smash Rookie
I've found that whenever you do a double shine, it's actually easier if you lower your index finger from R (assuming you don't have "the claw" grip, in which case it's already on Y/X), so that your thumb can stay on B without moving, and then you can move your index finger back during your aerial. Either that or you just get really fast fingers.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i also doubleshine w/y and i feel like it's pretty consistent. it's not as easy to do 5 or 6 w/y but doing 2 or 3 shouldn't be a problem. also, i feel like if you use the control stick you risk doing the firebird accidentally.

my friend mains falcon and i find that i have the most success when i am aggressive and use lots of lasers. as shai said lasers ruin falcon's mindgames/dd-ing, so while he 's trying to figure out how to approach, i take the opportunity to counter.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
I've found that whenever you do a double shine, it's actually easier if you lower your index finger from R (assuming you don't have "the claw" grip, in which case it's already on Y/X), so that your thumb can stay on B without moving, and then you can move your index finger back during your aerial. Either that or you just get really fast fingers.
What exactly are you talking about?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
No I don't, but I do know that After the first shine around 15 damage, you jump in the air and do a dair, you can't hit him with the uptilt. But I'm pretty sure around 25 damage the pillaring should start working. But what I advise vs Doc/Mario is doing lots of Shines to Uairs instead of trying to combo him. Unless your Fox, Fox can combo Doc really well.

Anyways guys, I g2g, have to spend the weekend at my moms house now. I'll see you guys Sunday/Monday, perhaps even saturday because I might be at my friends house who has internet connection, my mom doesn't.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey good luck with that DaShiz..

Hey guys i fool around with falco a lot and i was wondering..

Ok when i shine someone i constantly feel the need to go up D-air and then U-tilt.. i do it to my friends marth whenever i get the chance.. heck i miss a lot too but it what i like to do

Should i find a new combo hehe

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
against marth it's pretty easy to full jump out of the shine instead of wding out of it, but wding out of it is probably more effective b/c like you said sometimes you miss.

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
hey i got a question about combos wit falco wat is the most consecutive hits u got in a combo with him without ar or cheating.. i got 6 & wat did u do 2 get that many

Youngdude111

Smash Rookie
First, I've found that after a shine, the easiest thing to do is either JC it or just wavedash in place. In fact, if you keep practicing wavedashing in place, it'll look like your shine just suddenly ended, which can be useful mindgaming. Also helps that you don't have to guess which way to wavedash to follow DI.

Second, for son1x, the way I practice is going to training mode and using stars to simulate an opponent's shield. As for practicing, you might first want to get used to shffling dairs, then go on to incorporating shines so you can pillar.

Third, I managed to get 8 consec. with Falco, but I don't really remember how I got it (I don't really go into training mode much). I think I got it by just starting off with a down throw (that's like 4) into a JC shine-> l-cancelled dair -> JC shine and repeating... which makes 8 sorta pathetic -.-

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
What would be the best (safest) way to fight a luigi? What moves should i watch out for...should i try ariel or try to stay grounded... JUst lookin for advice :D

Youngdude111

Smash Rookie
If the shine doesn't hit, then you can just JC the shine, or just do a normal wavedash. I never said it was your only option. You have plenty of time to react.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If the shine doesn't hit, then you can just JC the shine, or just do a normal wavedash. I never said it was your only option. You have plenty of time to react.
pretty much wat I do in that type of a situation. It is risky bussiness, but if you know how to avoid damage this isn't too hard for experienced or veteran players.

Youngdude111

Smash Rookie
Most ofthe time then I shine wether or not it hits I JC it. Once and a while I like to throw in a JC-ed grab or a backwards wavedash.
I used to do that, but I found it ineffective against characters like Marth who go high up and have little recovery time. It's not a bad strategy against fastfallers like Fox or Falco though

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
I used to do that, but I found it ineffective against characters like Marth who go high up and have little recovery time. It's not a bad strategy against fastfallers like Fox or Falco though
you are assuming that the shine has hit. many people try to shield the first shine and try to shield grab, so jcing shines into grabs is great against crafty shield grabbers.

madskillz313

Smash Cadet
how do i play a total arieal spamming ganon? i laser him lots but he just jumps onto the platforms and jump and dodge and stuff.... second ques: i cant seem to isai drop... is it quarter circle or half circle? and do i have to do it real fast? or should i slow it down? thx in advance

itsneverfair

Smash Cadet
for reverse shl, should i start out facing opposite direction of the way i want to shoot and then jump forward, or face direction i want to shhoot and jump backward?

Youngdude111

Smash Rookie
for reverse shl, should i start out facing opposite direction of the way i want to shoot and then jump forward, or face direction i want to shhoot and jump backward?
Reverse SHL is when you tap the control stick in the opposite direction of the way you're facing (in midair), and then press B, so that you do the laser going backwards. This works for any B attack. It's somewhere in this video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6268917341431368191&q=advanced+ssbm+technique.

P.S. make sure you don't hold the control stick, 'cause then you'll do a phantasm. It's hard at first, but you sorta get used to the timing after a while.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
how do i play a total arieal spamming ganon? i laser him lots but he just jumps onto the platforms and jump and dodge and stuff.... second ques: i cant seem to isai drop... is it quarter circle or half circle? and do i have to do it real fast? or should i slow it down? thx in advance
b real agressive. don't let him get off the ground. aint like u got to worry about any projectibles, jus dodge his ariel attacks n combo his ***. i used to hav the same problem against my friends ganon but nowwww i think he can beat me about once out of 10 games lol. isai drop ???

Secks.

Smash Ace
If the half circle Isn't helping try to "moon walk" or do a half circle. I have found if you attempt to "moon walk" on a platform you do the "Isai Drop". Heres a vid on moon walking its probably the best one that explains how to perform not just shows you what one looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDiQ0qJd1p4

"Moon walking" and the "Isai Drop" are topics that are not talked about a lot. So its good to pick things up here and there about them with experience or watching vids ect. Just remember your moving the control stick the right direction depending what direction your facing. Now my experiences vs a Ganon is to simply spam as much as possible. If hes jumping over do full jumps and spamming the lazer you can get a good two or three out if you double jump. And if he gets close neutral seems to work well for defensive/offensive purposes. Other than that listen to what Falco 4 Life said thats pretty accurate I think.

Top Bottom