• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i don't think you need to do any type of circle to do it. all i do is tilt the controller the way i'm facing and it cancels the lag.

edit: never mind i think i see what you mean. yeah, the quarter circle motion will make you drop through the platform, but moving the control stick forward is what cancels the landing lag.

@itsneverfair: you jc shine into grabs the same way you do a running jc'ed grab. when you jc the shine just press z. if you do it fast enough he will grab out of the shine.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Yo shiz

What are some good Sheik combos, and what's a good % to try to land Dair->Fair? Do you prefer nair as an approach vs Sheik over Dair, and how do you play it in general? What do you do on battlefield when the sheik is needle camping platforms? Sorry, lot of questions, but it's alot of stuff I need work on with more characters than Falco

I'm finding this matchup to be pretty hard when the sheik knows what he's doing, cuz I'm just getting ***** out of my techs like no tomorrow, and I need to be able to return the **** back because Falco has the better setups IMO, I just can't capitolize for crap

Edit: what do I do when I grab as well?

Miharu

Smash Hero
Hmm. I hate Sheiks as well. Nair > dair in terms of shield-grabbability >_>

At low percentages, dair/nair -> shine to doublejump ff dair to whatever you want works. At medium percentages, you can dair -> utilt depending on DI, and at medium/higher percentages you can dair into shine -> bair, which works nicely, or dair into fsmash if they DI that way.

Pretty much all of Sheik's moves (except for dsmash) can be CC'd into a shine (or dtilt, dsmash, whatever), so use that to your advantage. When Sheik needle camps, laser camp back so she can't charge the needles. And you can also spam shffl'd uairs under the platform, or shine -> bair. And teching against Sheik is pretty gay, since all Sheik has to do is dthrow into dsmash, regrab, usmash, ftilt, utilt, dtilt, anything >_>

Yeah, I need help with anti-Sheik strats too XD

technomancer

Smash Champion
Shine
Jump
Immediately air-dodge at an angle to the ground

You'll land from your airdodge and be able to do any standing attacks you like, so you could shine again and repeat.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Could somone help me with doing a waveshine? I'm not sure how to do it.
Learn to wavedash fluently, then simply shine before doing it. Sorry, but there isn't really a magical way to waveshine. It's just practice.

I do have 2 questions of my own though.

First of all, check out 3:32ish in this video, and watch PC's RSHL. When I RSHL, I keep all my momentum (and thus would have gone off the edge there), but when PC did it, his momentum disapeared and his SHL was on the spot. I've tried doing that, and I can't. How do you get rid of your momentum like that? Was that a RSHL done in the pivot frames, or what?

Second isn't really a Falco-only question, but I'll put it here anyway. Are there any disadvantages to air recovery (wiggling the control stick to get out of the tumble animation while falling)? Should I untumble every time I'm sent up, or are there situations where it's better to remain tumbling?

UCbizerkeley

Smash Cadet
Is the strategy of SHL followed by RSHL followed by SHL, in which you hop back and forth shooting the same direction, just a dash in that direction, DI to top, then blaster, FF? I seem pretty shoddy at this, even though I can SHL and RSHL fine

xelad1

Smash Ace
if you want to do them in quick repeated succession you are basically just using the momentum of one dash to gain distance (if you're talking about just dancing back and forth with it really quickly). First master rshl then try and do that

Youngdude111

Smash Rookie
Could somone help me with doing a waveshine? I'm not sure how to do it.
First, get used to doing a wavedash where you don't hold the control stick (that is, you move the control stick AS you press R or L). From here, it's really easy to wavedash out of a shine, since basically all you're doing is cutting a JC shine short with an airdodge (but its still harder than it sounds)

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
Is this topic not good enough to be stickied?

Shiz is amazing and this topic rocks.

Also @ Pye second question

I'm not sure if you mean tumbling in the air, or the -oh no I'm going to fall- animation on the edge

for the latter: tumbling on the edge actually cuts off all the lag of moves. For instance ness pk fire, which can't be canceled in normal play, has no lag time at all when preformed followed by the tumbling animation.

for the prior I don't know but I could not think of any advantages to being tumbling opposed to not tumbling.

mr_joey132

Smash Ace
I will grant your wish, you have 2 more wishes left. :)

You double shine by shining, cancel it with a jump, and immediatly shining again. If you do this fast enough you won't leave the ground. You have to be VERY fast, I THINK 3 or 4 frames or something.

RenX

Smash Apprentice
I wish to know how to do that flash step on the ledge really quick where they keep flash steping to the ledge

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Thanks Jacobrhcp, maybe we could get it stickied, would be nice. And if it did get stickied, I'd prob name the thread a diff name or something to sound more better lol.

And to Renx, yeah, what Mr. Joey said is correct. All you have to do is shine on the ground, then immediately after you jump and then shine again. But thats the easy part of doing the double shine, the harder part is doing it on a shield. Its much harder doing it on someones shield. But before you get into that, keep it up on the ground.

And thank you Mr. Joey for answering his question.

Renx again, what do you mean flash step?

RenX

Smash Apprentice
The foward b like i see people do it over and over while hangning on the ledge and ive been wondering how to do it

clowsui

Smash Legend
Is there any easy way to waveshine using x? or will i just have to learn jumping with y? or do i need to use control stick?

thanks for the help

itsneverfair

Smash Cadet
do falco's atks all lose power after being used or just after hitting the opp.

is it just his ground atks?

RenX

Smash Apprentice
thank u sir i can now double shine now to double shine dash !!! i got till sunday to learn double shine dash and wave dash down real nice lol

Handorin

Smash Hero
Is there any easy way to waveshine using x? or will i just have to learn jumping with y? or do i need to use control stick?

thanks for the help
Do what ever is comfortable for you. I use X to jump/wavedash, but Id say control stick is definetly to slow.

MasterGary

Smash Ace

thanks for the help
It's all about what you prefer to use, but for double shining I would reccomend using Y because then you could just slide it to b while holding down on the control stick and this is 1 of the easiest methods to double shine.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
This is move for flashinness and and spacing, but when I watch videos, such as Forward, it looks almost like he wavedances instead of dashdancing, and it just looks so neat and clean with Falco sliding and turning so quickly, but I can't tell if its just wavedashing or if its wavedashing too dashdance to wavedash or what.

If it is pure wavedashing I want to know how its possible to go that fast with falcos jump delay?

Also, I recently improved my EHDL quite a bit, so I went to make sure of something, and got less than satisfying results. Only one of the lasers will hit small characters, such as Pikachu, the one I tested on, how do I fix this?

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
Ideally, the first laser comes out just as you come over the edge, and the second right (and I mean right) before you hit the ground. You might try waiting a hair longer to jump after hitting down, but it would depend on which laser is going too high.

Nurok

Smash Lord
yo shiz, i got a doc problem. I am absolutly horrible against doc, and i have no idea what to do vs. him. He capes my lasers, he capes m7yu recovery, his moves seem gay, his pills are gay.
what do i do?
(and no need for tech stuff, i got all that down)

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Nurok, what I would say is space them out, and don't get shield grabbed. Being agressive works well for me, comboing them works really well. And never play a Doc/Mario on FD. As much as I love that level, I always ban it in tournament vs Doc/Mario.

Watch these videos of me fighting Green Mario(Is one of the best Marios in the country I believe), he's on SmashWiki and listed as one of the best Marios.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jEzZxNaiEWE&mode=related&search=
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d2Ek_CXgSqM&mode=related&search=

Nurok

Smash Lord
thanks shiz- i wont do as bad...
as i watched ur videos, you seemed to never use lasers?
is it because of the cape?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
No problem Nurok. And I don't know why I didn't use Lasers too much. Possibly subconciously its because of the cape, but I don't know why.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Hey Shiz, I was wondering how you and others do not dashdance but instead wavedance, so quickly , which would seem impossible with Falco's jump delay. This is more because I just want to be flashy/ overwhelm opponents.

Also, I know exactly the height I have to drop for my EHDL, as I got it down in 2/3 time, but I try to do it in real time and a lot of times my control stick won't be in neutral position before I have to press B, any recommendations?

P.S do you recognize something about my sig?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol, yeah I do. I like your sig a lot. Thanks.

And to your question, what do you mean by wavedance. Do you mean wavedash back and forth? If so, all you do is push in the direction you want to go and wavedash there, then immediately after doing that just push the opposite direction and wavedash there. But you have to do it really quickly.

And your sig.... Is there a way you can make me a sig like that? Could you get a combo from my video, and then at the end get it where I was double shining the Foxs shield at the end then it broke?

catobates

Smash Cadet
Yea dude... that signature is the ****... >.> Not really a Falco player... a Link player, but... I like to watch Falco fights :D I heard DaShizWiz is good. The videos were the bomb :D Like... I'd love to play you. BAH! It'd be sick, you'd probably whip my *** at first. Anyways. Kickass vids.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Shiz, theres a thread in artwork emporium titled smash gifs or something. I didn't make it, I just requested it, and yes thats what I meant about wavedance and what about my EHDL question?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Thanks to everyone that wished me good luck at the tournament. I got 1st place, and won 231$. Vids will be coming soon.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
No problem Nurok. And I don't know why I didn't use Lasers too much. Possibly subconciously its because of the cape, but I don't know why.
Maybe because in the first match you got punished a lot for unnecessary lasering, maybe your subconscious secretly helped you avoid that in the second match.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Shizzy, my first question :p.

Leoneri said:
Also, I know exactly the height I have to drop for my EHDL, as I got it down in 2/3 time, but I try to do it in real time and a lot of times my control stick won't be in neutral position before I have to press B, any recommendations?

Top Bottom