• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your secondary character?

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
I love MK. :( I planned on maining him since he was announced, but I dropped him because of my friends going BAWWW.

Oh lol, I lied. It's Toon Link / Olimar -> Jigglypuff / Dedede. I think I'm maining Toon Link now. xD
I love Tink <33

1. Jigglypuff
2. Pink Meta knight ( he must be pink or I won't use him)
3. Peach

I like pink, floaty characters. ( Except for Kirby because he's *** and for noobs.)
Lots of air **** in that list.

1. Toon Link (err, my jiggz is way better but I like him a lil bit more lol.)
2. Jigglypuff
3. Pink Mk
4. Pokaymanz Trainer
5. Wario
Also some Air ****. :laugh: (Squirtle's air game is so underrated)

oh i main kirby
but im trying metaknight out
used to use marth but kinda left him behind a bit
Omar, this is the Jigglypuff board. *points to kirby board* :laugh:

My secondary is Peach...I love aerial brawling. I can never seem to win with Peach in 1v1, though, perhaps I just forget it's a fighting game when I start levitating or plucking veggies.

The only time I get away with that is on 75m, people never see the springs coming when they're trying to pin an enemy down.

I also use White Falcon once in a while.
:embarrass Yikes.

Seriously in terms of overcoming bad matchups you're best off with MK, Snake, or Marth.

You really want to be able to deal with Olimar, Falco, Luigi, Snake (really tough for me at least), Marth and GW. Beat them with Jiggs when you can, but a secondary should have an advantage on them.

Marth does well against all of them but Snake, and its pretty close there. IDK about the Falco matchup, nor do I care lol. Snake is really good, I think he can handle them all. The issue is that they don't have an advantage on ALL the bad matchups, and they have very different playstyles from Jiggs.

For example: I tried to pick up Marth, but hated his laggy down-aerial. I just couldn't accept his recovery either. With Snake, I just didn't like projectiles, and his appeal to me was pretty limited due to his airgame.

MK on the other hand isn't that different from Jiggs, offstage gimps, SH aerials, crazy recovery, spaces with f-air. He has the advantage on... everyone really, and he doesn't take that much time to learn well if you've learned to space with Jiggs already. Having a clear advantage on Marth and GW is amazing.

MK is the best choice as a secondary. By far. Similar playstyle, insanely good, handles bad matchups best out of anyone overall, fun!, and no real ATs to master.
I might have to pick him up just for the Gdubs/Olimar matchup. :(

I'm just scared I won't be able to ween myself off him, then I'll start winning tournaments, then I might get addicted to cocaine with all the money I win and...

Eh. I just prefer not to use him :laugh:

Here's the thing: most of Jiggs worst matchups (Marth, Snake, Olimar, G&W) are phenomenal at platform pressure. In tandem with their already ridiculous range, they can just camp under the platform and severely limit our options. For characters who aren't hax ranged, I enjoy BF. Not hugely, I prefer other stages. But any character with decent platform pressure and decent range on their moves will have a sizable advantage just by limiting our options, because surprisingly we don't have a lot of range to deal with it. It's not that it's unwinnable, it's that we have to consistently outplay the camping opponent to win. That, by definition, is a disadvantage. I try and limit my disadvantages when I play competitively, ergo no Battlefield. I'd rather go to a level where I'm on closer to even footing with my opponent.

We beat DeDeDe. Falco I don't really have a problem with, in fact, I love that matchup. But I think it's still a disadvantage. Not huge, but Falco has the advantage.

So we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Great post! I completely agree about the camping example.

I got to play a few matches with error's ZSS and wow. Those aeirals... :(

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
my mom picked me up early and i got dq'd from both brackets. i played holynightmare in pools and got him to his last stock both games if that means anything. she got tired, i got pissed, she grounded me. i cant wait til i can drive
i now secondary fox, ganon, PT, and pika

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Things that are wrong with the jigglypuff players

They think that DDD ***** Jigglypuff.

Jigglypuff absolutely ***** DDD. Seriously guys?

They think falco ***** jigglypuff.

You know what I'm about to say.

They think battlefields actually a bad stage for jigglypuff.

BATTLEFIELD IS AMAZING FOR PUFF.
play a guy called six flags. i can garantee you'll hate falco after playing him

Chris is me

Smash Apprentice
Lucas / Jigglypuff, because I like characters with defensive air games that have nice gimping potential. And vertical kill moves that work less often than you want them to.

Veril

Frame Savant
Okay, I'll try to get a little closer to that.

I use Jiggs/Lucas/MK because I like characters with lethal off stage games, stupidly good recoveries, and flashy tricks. I also really like high risk/reward moves.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
BATTLEFIELD IS AMAZING FOR PUFF.
Battlefield isnt bad at all for jiggs. I think it's a 7/10.

Platforms are great for planking. Jigglypuff is a very good planker. WoP still works great regardless of platforms, although it does hinder the ability slightly.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I just noticed that playing Kirby/Jiggs is one of the worst things you can do.
No, the worst thing you can do is try and use their playstyles interchangeably. Covering match-ups aside (due to me lacking the urge to compare their match-ups), there is no real problem with using the two.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Yes, quite.

I prefer brinster, because it is a counterpick, and it is just as fun to plank on.

What are your opinions?
Brinstar's a bit small for my taste...planking on Norfair is great. Jigglypuff can control like the entire stage. I <3 it. And lava-canceled rests = win. ;]

PND

Smash Champion
Battlefield isnt bad at all for jiggs. I think it's a 7/10.

Platforms are grat for planking. Jigglypuff is a very good planker. WoP still works great regardless of platforms, although it does hinder the ability slightly.
Wait. . . what?

PND

Smash Champion
Planking is. . . abusing the edge. . .

EDIT: You're thinking of sharking. There's a difference. Sharking is just platform pressure, which many characters can do, many better than Jiggs. Jiggs is great at doing it under pass through levels, such as Halberd.

. . . or Mute City x_x

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
*plays taps for mute city*

fun times, fun times.

Also who better at sharking than jiggs? (besides MK)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Pit's a stupid character... I'm not saying anything about his game... just that he's pretty stupid and should never have been created... Any thoughts? Discuss.

Veril

Frame Savant
Pit's a stupid character... I'm not saying anything about his game... just that he's pretty stupid and should never have been created... Any thoughts? Discuss.
Pit makes incredibly irritating noises constantly. He sounds like a cocky 7th grader. Ie. the worst thing in the world.

Curiously enough, it appears that KOing him off the top causes him to spontaneously hit puberty.

PND

Smash Champion
I hate Pit. I have no problems fighting him, I just hate him.

Little Mac should have been the retro rep.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I agree, but as long as you float in the arrows' awkward zone, your all set. Btw I'm going to start working on awkward zones so I can't explain to much yet.

Being the only ground jiggs here i wouldn't be surprised if no one else hates his/her angel halo, but I hate his/her angel halo, it's not to hard to get around, and it leaves him vulnerable, but when used in the right situations it can really hurt.

Anyway I've always seen pit as a jiggs inferior in aerials. And his/her WoI is like asking jiggs to go nair him/her.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
I hate Pit. I have no problems fighting him, I just hate him.

Little Mac should have been the retro rep.
I agree, but as long as you float in the arrows' awkward zone, your all set. Btw I'm going to start working on awkward zones so I can't explain to much yet.

Being the only ground jiggs here i wouldn't be surprised if no one else hates his/her angel halo, but I hate his/her angel halo, it's not to hard to get around, and it leaves him vulnerable, but when used in the right situations it can really hurt.

Anyway I've always seen pit as a jiggs inferior in aerials. And his/her WoI is like asking jiggs to go nair him/her.
Bowyer, do you see what you cause? :laugh:

PND

Smash Champion
Pit's arrows are very very frustrating. If it wasn't for the b button we would wreck him.
It's not so much the arrows that bug me, they're fairly easy to avoid. It's the fact that he can constantly pressure you into setups of his choice. They don't really hit you, they just limit your movement options. I hate that. As far as moves go, I hate his uair and Fsmash more than anything else. (Read: The other two moves Pit has)

Awkward zones? Are they anything like my charts?

Veril

Frame Savant
You WANT Pit to use angel ring if you are on the ground. I respond to a ground angel ring in the same way just about every time: SDI out and down, f-smash. Done. Your problem is solved.

Top Bottom