• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is Top 2-5 right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I don't hate anyone. I'd probably shake hand and hug everyone who's posted in this thread. I'm against Nerfing and the results of PAL nerfing haven't proven fruitful in the slightest. Besides during the time period when they came up with PAL Sheik was the best character NTSC Melee an that was before pretty much all advanced techniques were discovered. If anything they should have waited until now to make a different version.

I won't blame the PAL for the lack of competition compared to USA. Most of us US smashers have no life at all and we'd go to a tournament before visiting our sick grandmothers in the hospital. Most who still play after years or new faces have a burning passion to be the best. Until more people in Europe get this passion you'll be stuck in a scene the resembles the USA smash scene between 04-06(The Ken era) In fact it's nearly exactly the same. Ken being like Armada and Amsah being like PC Chris) Calle W would be like....KDJ I guess idk...I'd have to think it out more. However during the Ken era you had the top guys and a handful of people who were pretty good the Husband/Wife, Chillins, Azen, Chu's....etc. However eventually people refused to except second place and Ken vanished from the scene...and alot happened at once but 07-08 there came a strange rally led mostly by Mew2King but followed by pretty much everyone else in the country to step up there game. This pretty much gave birth to the current scene which is Amazing and still growing in strength and competition.....long story short. STEP THAT **** UP EURAPE.

<3 Eurape. they got good tea and coffee.

Luma

Smash Lord
the thing is you dont even know the problems we europeans got with tournaments so its quite useless to talk about this wit you, no offense

btw PAL also buffed some chars =P

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
the thing is you dont even know the problems we europeans got with tournaments so its quite useless to talk about this wit you, no offense

btw PAL also buffed some chars =P
This is news to me O__O

I do realize that Europe isn't the same as the USA I mean it's not as solidified anyways. It's pretty much a pile of little countries some much bigger than others though. I can see how that would make it more difficult though but don't give up.:(

Luma vs Spam_arrows Apex 2 grand finals? :psycho:

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
What are you talking about, what you say there only counts for England because they are stuck on that island of theirs (no offense to England, they have nice and good smashers, but they're more isolated). We have a really good scene from Spain to Sweden, though maybe not as many tournaments as in the US (I don't know). You also don't know anything about PAL or our tournament scene. Nerfing the top characters results in more characters being viable, though I agree it seems the US uses more characters or something (taj, chudat, axe, etc). Thanks for the inspiring talk but we manage just fine, and you'll see at APEX

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
What are you talking about, what you say there only counts for England because they are stuck on that island of theirs (no offense to England, they have nice and good smashers, but they're more isolated). We have a really good scene from Spain to Sweden, though maybe not as many tournaments as in the US (I don't know). You also don't know anything about PAL or our tournament scene. Nerfing the top characters results in more characters being viable, though I agree it seems the US uses more characters or something (taj, chudat, axe, etc). Thanks for the inspiring talk but we manage just fine, and you'll see at APEX
OOOOOH ****! well EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE me lol. I like the fact that all of you assume I don't watch tournaments in europe, Mexico...etc. I watch every tournament that gets uploaded pretty much so I have an Idea of how it goes down. If Nerfing results in more characters being Viable then I would think the results would reflect that. The Puff's in Europe aren't anything close to ours so I imagine that if Hungrybox and Mango went to Europe nobody could stop them. Even amsah would probably be 4 stocked seeing as how Sheik is EVEN WORSE in the match in PAL. I mean you can deny it if you want but IMO the reason why Armada rocks the PAL tag against Amsah is to say no matter how good you are you can't beat me with your crappy *** PAL sheik:laugh:

<3 Armada

Zone

Smash Champion
I just want to say I agree with you spam and disagree with you.

I believe that nerfing almost always leads to something bad. I believe if something is too strong. Instead of nerfing it, Give other characters a buff to get out of it.

I mean Fox is like the main reason half the stages are banned. IF you could give characters a highly technical way out of wall shines. We could have more stages.

You might say, Fox's edgeguarding against luigi is too strong. Don't gimp fox, Give luigi another tool to make it a little HARDER for fox to do the SAME things. Don't take what fox can do away, but give luigi something to make it so it's a little harder for fox to do what he does.

I don't believe that nerfing usually leads to anything good. Now when you buff you must buff... correctly.

Now I disagree with you spam on the part where you were saying something along the lines of "PAL's CRAPPY shiek"

Shiek is ridiculously good in US. The europeans are saying shiek vs Peach match up, is more even in PAL than NTSC.

This is where the europeans are pointing out. They believe it's more fair in their version. Thus resulting in why they believe Armada is better than Amsah. Regardless of their tournament match in NTSC. As I read it they believe their version better represents Armada vs Amsah's skills than the NTSC version.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I just want to say I agree with you spam and disagree with you.

I believe that nerfing almost always leads to something bad. I believe if something is too strong. Instead of nerfing it, Give other characters a buff to get out of it.

I mean Fox is like the main reason half the stages are banned. IF you could give characters a highly technical way out of wall shines. We could have more stages.

You might say, Fox's edgeguarding against luigi is too strong. Don't gimp fox, Give luigi another tool to make it a little HARDER for fox to do the SAME things. Don't take what fox can do away, but give luigi something to make it so it's a little harder for fox to do what he does.

I don't believe that nerfing usually leads to anything good. Now when you buff you must buff... correctly.

Now I disagree with you spam on the part where you were saying something along the lines of "PAL's CRAPPY shiek"

Shiek is ridiculously good in US. The europeans are saying shiek vs Peach match up, is more even in PAL than NTSC.

This is where the europeans are pointing out. They believe it's more fair in their version. Thus resulting in why they believe Armada is better than Amsah. Regardless of their tournament match in NTSC. As I read it they believe their version better represents Armada vs Amsah's skills than the NTSC version.
Well if Amsah beats Armada again then it does change alot of the talk about skill level vs characters skill.

Sheik isn't that great anymore because people have figured her out/learned to DI. She has good match-ups against all of the characters that would never win anyway plenty of Fox, Falco, Marth, Puff, Peach, & Falcon players have done well and beat sheiks. Hell I've even seen DK, Link, Ganon, and Doc beat sheiks. PAL Sheik isn't crappy but It's just Mediocre not as good. As a result I think the Players that use sheik have more skill if you see what I mean. I've said more then once that Overstrike and Amsah to me are way better and more entertaining to watch then any Ntsc sheiks I've seen. Ask Vanz if you want to know how to beat a sheik with peach:laugh:

but yeah we could argue about it forever but it's pretty much been proven that Nerfing leads to simply leads to someone else having an unfair advantage over everyone. I do wonder 1 thing though. Does Captain Falcon exist in ****ing PAL or what? I RARELY see him ever in a PAL tournament so if someone uses him it's like the equivalent of seeing a Pika player here.

I like the Luigi vs Fox example. I have seen some really good Luigi's beat the unholy hell out of fox's though However once Fox's learn how to cheat a luigi that's usually what happens......It hurts me to say this but Brawl actually did a good thing with luigi...*Puke's slightly*. If he had that kind of recovery in Melee and maybe his DownB had more priority he'd probably end up at High tier or maybe even bottom of top.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
y dont all of u guys who is putiing who u think is top 2-5 try and get better and be top 5 stop worrying who is better this thread is dumb

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
y dont all of u guys who is putiing who u think is top 2-5 try and get better and be top 5 stop worrying who is better this thread is dumb
your probably right...In fact this thread is way off topic now it's about PAL(***** ain't Legal) vs NTSC(Nuts Taste Salty Club)

I don't care. I'm gonna go practice in the event I end up making it to apex by some miracle. Also I think some Eurape players should bring the Pal version along just so we can test some theories....but yeah this thread has reached it's APEX. I think it should be closed now.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Jman butthurt he isnt top 5 (for the record jman's like my second favorite fox ever <3<3<3)

i shouldnt be talking **** though ill never be good

and he's totally right

this thread is mad off topic

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
i dont even play smash i dont even have smash to play dont own a wii or gamecube

i just go to tourneys and win so i could care less about top 5

im just saying if u guys just sit and talk about who better your never goin to get better then that person

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i dont think il be jmans level ever <_< i probably wasnt meant to play this game. im thinking of quitting after ROM 3 if i dont see decent improvement. i used to be like "il be the best in a year watch me!" but nahh lol.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
any1 can get good at this game its a video game just takes time and practice

stop treating people who are better then u like they r above u when there really not

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer

stop treating people who are better then u like they r above u when there really not

No Jman, you're a melee rock star. I thought I told you that already. LOL

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion

that means alot, really. but i dont have the money and philly no longer has a scene. i cant apply what cactuar teaches me b/c his level is 100× better than me and i cant keep up.

S l o X

Smash Champion
lol i thought everyone was like me

with a great mindset as to succeeding in melee. quitting hasn't entered my mind once since i've started playing this game (dec) and playing better people only inspire me to get better / travel and stuff. chances are when i get a job i'll be saving some of that money every month for tourneys OOS. (not going to p5 if i dont have a job before that)

if you don't enjoy playing this game, quit now lol. melee is the most fun game of all time and that should be the only inspiration you need to get better / become the best, even if it is only in your region.

oh and jman *****.

Zoler

Smash Ace
I don't hate anyone. I'd probably shake hand and hug everyone who's posted in this thread. I'm against Nerfing and the results of PAL nerfing haven't proven fruitful in the slightest. Besides during the time period when they came up with PAL Sheik was the best character NTSC Melee an that was before pretty much all advanced techniques were discovered. If anything they should have waited until now to make a different version.

I won't blame the PAL for the lack of competition compared to USA. Most of us US smashers have no life at all and we'd go to a tournament before visiting our sick grandmothers in the hospital. Most who still play after years or new faces have a burning passion to be the best. Until more people in Europe get this passion you'll be stuck in a scene the resembles the USA smash scene between 04-06(The Ken era) In fact it's nearly exactly the same. Ken being like Armada and Amsah being like PC Chris) Calle W would be like....KDJ I guess idk...I'd have to think it out more. However during the Ken era you had the top guys and a handful of people who were pretty good the Husband/Wife, Chillins, Azen, Chu's....etc. However eventually people refused to except second place and Ken vanished from the scene...and alot happened at once but 07-08 there came a strange rally led mostly by Mew2King but followed by pretty much everyone else in the country to step up there game. This pretty much gave birth to the current scene which is Amazing and still growing in strength and competition.....long story short. STEP THAT **** UP EURAPE.

<3 Eurape. they got good tea and coffee.
Actually we ARE stepping it up right now, never been this many tournaments in a while in Sweden. and we also have Dreamhack remember? ;)

I promise in a few years Dreamhack will be one of the most respected smash tournaments and USA players will probably come here, like every other e-sport at Dreamhack (CS, Dota, WoW, Starcraft, Wc3 etc). We had quite a bit of interested people this Dreamhack which ended yesterday, and we're aiming to make it even bigger next time. :)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Dreamhack with Melee....I would fly over for that!

I feel a sense of closure coming to this thread and topic/ off topic.

I'm gonna go practice so I can beat everyone who's posted in this thread one day. That is assuming my mother doesn't take you out....I have a feeling she'll beat at least a few people and....if she does your smash career is over :laugh:

Zone

Smash Champion
I wasn't arguing who is better, I was just emphasizing someone else's Point of View.

But i've been playing this game since 06, tournament and tech skill wise... and I'm still a random scrub. I'm starting to believe some people just can't get that good.

But.... then again. It's probably because I have to drive 4+ hours to even get to a tournament. Let alone play someone.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I wasn't arguing who is better, I was just emphasizing someone else's Point of View.

But i've been playing this game since 06, tournament and tech skill wise... and I'm still a random scrub. I'm starting to believe some people just can't get that good.

But.... then again. It's probably because I have to drive 4+ hours to even get to a tournament. Let alone play someone.
Well of all 50 states I'd say mine is the most Dead. Not to mention most people in the US don't even know the Delaware is a state lol...there like Dela-Where? I think there may be 8 people in the state that have ever played competitively from 2001 to now and most of them don't anymore. I think I'm the among the last.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i like the people who agree with M2K and be like "m2k's bad at the jigglypuff matchup" when he's better at the match-up than..... like almost everyone.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Depends on the player. People learn differently.

I mean, in my region, I have certainly seen dedication to a top tier work. For RaynEX, just leaping on Fox and sticking with him worked out very well for him. He was dedicated and tried his best. Now he's dating this nice white boy in Cali and he Lovages him.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
Well of all 50 states I'd say mine is the most Dead. Not to mention most people in the US don't even know the Delaware is a state lol...there like Dela-Where? I think there may be 8 people in the state that have ever played competitively from 2001 to now and most of them don't anymore. I think I'm the among the last.
talk to ultimascout. he knows ppl in delaware

strawhats

Smash Master
i dont even play smash i dont even have smash to play dont own a wii or gamecube

i just go to tourneys and win so i could care less about top 5

im just saying if u guys just sit and talk about who better your never goin to get better then that person
PC CHRIS status right there

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
!

One thing I've thought about for a while..

Will picking a top tier make you a better player faster with all characters overall than if you played a lower character from the start?
I main'd a mid tier for 3 years and refused to go higher then that. I basically waisted 3 years of my life tbh :(. I still love Mario though:laugh:. Truth be told though as soon as I got Falcon as a Secondary I saw improvement. Eventually I sold out completely for Falco/Fox/Sheik and Marth and I improved alot more in probably 1/10th of the time. At this rate I may actually end up as.....a good player:confused:

talk to ultimascout. he knows ppl in delaware
I haven't talked to him since slightly after ROM2. I wonder if he'd be interested in connecting us with some long lost smashers in DE somewhere...

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I'm obviously the best in the world :chuckle:.

I really dont care about the Top 5 thing, i know i **** lolz.

But people people, please dont make assumptions ok?

Only people i can remember loosing to are HungryBox, Armada and M2K.

Even though it doesn't matter ill put my little stats on here to clear things up for people
(BTW, I barely go to out of state tournaments because i just dont lol)

ROM 1: 3rd Loosing to Mew2King and..... Mew2King, lol.
Genesis: 9th loosing to Armada and HungryBox
California: 1st place. Beating Lucky, SS, Falcomist, Lovage, Shroomed, and other people i forgot.

Yeah Mango wasn't there, cause he would've got the businesssssss! Falco ditto me Mango, lol. By the way if anyone cant tell or has 0 sense of humor, that line was a joke.

But yeah, IDK who could really consistently beat me besides M2K, HungryBox, and Armada.

Mango hasn't done it yet cause we havn't played :chuckle:. So you cant include him hahah.

So if i havn't lost to anyone else, please shutup :chuckle:.

BTW, People we do not rank people on "IF" they didnt play brawl or if they this or that. No Excuses for me either, lord knows i dont even have a controller for the gamecube lmfao. If you place HIGH you place high, if you place LOW you place low. No If's and Buts, its there fault if they decide not to play the game or not. You cant say, "Oh, if he played more or if he didnt play brawl he'd be #___ or #__". LMFAO?! Its by how you place, mmk people? Lets get smart lol.

BTW, I love everyone in the SMASH COMMUNITY, i miss you guys but i have no motivation to play this game anymore. I got Good for no reason cause i really have/had no one to play, idk how i even got good lmfao.

Oh yeah, i wanna go to APEX :)

pheX

Smash Apprentice
2. Hungryobox
then
PP - Amsah - Armada
no particular order. PP and Armada might beat Hungrybox the next time they face each other. Amsah still has to figure out something against puff. He will though =]

Then M2k

then HugS, Shiz, Jman, Lucky, Darkrain etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom