• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the strongest character in the game?

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
As a serious question, who is the strongest character in the game?

As in, which character deals the most overall % with their attacks(not necessarily knockback).

From what I've heard, there are ties between Ike, Dedede, and Ganondorf.

I need a real answer (preferably backed up by tests or statistics).

On a side note, who's the weakest.

I needed this info for a little projecct I'm working on...

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Character that deals the most overall %?

Bowser deals good damage with his Side B, and if both hits of his F-smash/Down B connect, they deal good damage and knockback.

Ganondorf...nothing needs to be said here.

Ike...same as above.

D3 has very good damage on his Jab combo, and his B-throw deals 16-17% damage (I think).

And the record for the strongest D-smash in the game (in terms of damage %) is Lucas. Turn on the timer, use it, make sure it only effects your opponent, then completely charge up Lucas's D-smash, then unleash it on the timer-afflicted opponent. It should deal 63%-ish.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Damage-wise? Bowser, with up to 46% with his F-Smash.

Knockback-wise? Dedede, with an F-Smash that can KO Mario at 17% when fully charged.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Snake; 21% with a lagless tilts that comes out super quick. His fsmash does loads of damage and can kill at like 30%...
Grenades do great damage and knockback. His jab KILLS for christs sake

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Snake; 21% with a lagless tilts that comes out super quick. His fsmash does loads of damage and can kill at like 30%...
Grenades do great damage and knockback. His jab KILLS for christs sake
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208036

lagless? Sorry, you're thinking MK on the ground or Shiek in the air.

But all of Snake's moves are overpowered basically :laugh:

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I'm not asking who has the strongest attack in a certain category (like who ha sthe strongest F-Smash or something) but who is the strongest overall character.

So if you add up the max % of all their moves and average it, who'd be highest?

TP

Smash Master
Probably Ike, especially if he gets to counter a Bucket.

Mario would be my first guess for weakest. FLUDD may be useful, but it doesn't exactly do much damage.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Probably Ike, especially if he gets to counter a Bucket.

Mario would be my first guess for weakest. FLUDD may be useful, but it doesn't exactly do much damage.
Let's exclude Special Moves. And I prefer not to count Counter because it does a variable amount of damage.

In my opinion, Ike is the strongest character KNOCKBACK-wise, but no tin damage dealing.

Also, does anybody have tests to back up their claims, rather than just opinions.

Levitas

the moon
compare character specific FAQs f you want that.

Lucas can do absurd amounts of damage with a triple hit dsmash (more than bowser's 46% fsmash)

I'd make the case for ICs, which can do absurd amounts of damage off of a grab with their infinite chaingrabbing.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Hm, I think he's wondering which character does the most damage if you tally up all their moves excluding specials, infinites, and combos. Like, if you take Ftilt+Utilt+Dtilt+Fsmash+Usmash+Dsmash+Fair+Bair+Uair+Dair+Fthrow+Dthrow+Uthrow+Bthrow+Grab Jabs+Dash Attack+A combo for all the characters, who would have the highest %?

I would say the Ice Climbers because all of their attacks can do a lot of damage if both of them hit.

Frown

poekmon
As a serious question, who is the strongest character in the game?

As in, which character deals the most overall % with their attacks(not necessarily knockback).

From what I've heard, there are ties between Ike, Dedede, and Ganondorf.

I need a real answer (preferably backed up by tests or statistics).

On a side note, who's the weakest.

I needed this info for a little projecct I'm working on...
The guy whose a$$ is facing the camera in your sig.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Character who finds it the easiest to connect with powerful attacks would be Snake.
Character with the strongest attack in the game is G&W with his bucket, followed by D3's fully charged f-smash.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Olimar would technically be the weakest, due to the fact that if you aren't coutning specials, then he may not have his Pikmin out, and this only leaves him with a few of his attacks, which are all low damage.

i1337

Smash Ace
on average ganon is the strongest, then ike, then further down would be dk, bowser, d3, snake, charizard, etc. GW is pretty strong too

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
10princesofdarkness

10bywhichImeanganondorfs

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
The strongest is Ike IMO but Bowser, DDD and Ganon are close to him.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Can't Ike's ALMOST (not completely) fully charged eruption KO mario at 11%?

The reverse warlock punch is around 25%, IIRC...

But if you're not talking about a single move but overall strongest kill moves... I'd say Ike.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Can't Ike's ALMOST (not completely) fully charged eruption KO mario at 11%?

The reverse warlock punch is around 25%, IIRC...

But if you're not talking about a single move but overall strongest kill moves... I'd say Ike.
NO, the most % is what...

Here's an example...

Ganondorf
Jab 1- 7
Jab 2- N/A
Jab 3- N/A
F Tilt- 13
U Tilt- 27
D Tilt- 12
F Smash- 33
U Smash- 30
D Smash- 26
N Air- 18
F Air- 17
B Air- 16
U Air- 13
D Air- 23
Dash- 15
F Throw- 13
B Throw- 7
U Throw- 10
D Throw- 7

So... I added up the max strength of each move (excluding Ledge, Trip, Floor, Ledge +100%, Specials, and Grab Pummel). Even though Ganon's N-air does 11% then 7%, the total is 18%, so that's what I used.

Now I just average them together. Since Ganondorf has just one jab instead of 3, I'll divide by 19 instead of 21.

The average is... 15.1052 (I always go 4 digits past decimal point).

So now I needa' know who ha sthe GREATEST average.

KO M

Smash Apprentice
though, Lucario at 300% is stronger then anyone.

Lucario takes this title, since his strength ingame, is virutally limitless, hell 999% would be KO from any of his attacks.

cant believe you guys didnt include him =_=, common knowledge lol(brawl knowledge)

arch knight

Smash Lord
ike ***** in power a side smash can easily wipe chars at 40% and the downb never fails in a sudden death match bower is way to bulky can get his hits in quick enough in my opinion.
ganon is really only strong if you use him frequently the punch is slow and can be easily dodged

Levitas

the moon
though, Lucario at 300% is stronger then anyone.

Lucario takes this title, since his strength ingame, is virutally limitless, hell 999% would be KO from any of his attacks.

cant believe you guys didnt include him =_=, common knowledge lol(brawl knowledge)
His aura hits a cap really early (187 iirc)

Top Bottom