• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the least liked character? Post ur vote!

majora_787

Smash Hero
That's right, it's because he's a robot.

It's not because there was no demand for him in Brawl in the first place, nor because he's hardly even an actual video game character (let alone an all-star), nor because he has even less personality than all the other one dimensional characters in the game.

It's because everyone on this board is racist against robots (...organismist?). You hit the nail on the head.
No demand for him in brawl. There was no demand for marth or roy in brawl, and they're the most popular characters in my neighborhood. so is Mr. Game & Watch.

And you people are such purists if you are hating him because he wasn't in his own game. My god.

And personality? He was probably the only majorly depressed character in the SSE. G&W has no emotion at all. A mouth, a nose, and beeping. No emotion.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
you still need to change my vote to captain falcon...and as a quote put "His final smash isn't a falcon punch that destroys a small part of our universe"
Sorry I can't just change your vote. I will change it if you tell me who you first voted for.

Back on topic, I just counted the latest votes, and there were 12. Not too bad. I will be up till about 1:00 Am this morning, so I'm ready for some more votes!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Kirby, because of the fact that he is pink and pink is not awesome.

Also Marth, Jigglypuff and Zelda
Sorry, but you have multiple characters so your vote doesn't count. Sorry if I am wrong, but I think you are just voting Kirby due to the fact that Kirby is the only character that hasn't been voted yet. Lets be fair now. ;)

thesultan2112

Smash Apprentice
wor di think yoshi and jigglypuff are the biggest waste of space, however, Jigglypuff's excellent southern-style hat gives her allot of street credit in my book

edit: i may have been confusing, yoshi is my vote, , , ,,,, jiggly has a redeeming quality

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
No demand for him in brawl. There was no demand for marth or roy in brawl, and they're the most popular characters in my neighborhood. so is Mr. Game & Watch.

And you people are such purists if you are hating him because he wasn't in his own game. My god.

And personality? He was probably the only majorly depressed character in the SSE. G&W has no emotion at all. A mouth, a nose, and beeping. No emotion.
Except... Marth and Roy were hugely popular in Japan, where there games were released. Fire Emblem wasn't in North America when they release Melee. To this day, the only way you can get the Fire Emblems with Marth and Roy in them are ROMs on the net, or imported from Japan.

G&W is in because he represents the Old School Nintendo before Jumpman became known as Mario. THATS how freakin' old he is. And his games were awesome in his day. To give him emotion would ruin his image. >.>

ROB was on a piece of crap game that no one heard of, much less played. 90% of people think he's Johnny Five from Short Circuit, thats how LITTLE people know of him. Some people claim he kept Nintendo afloat, but I think thats bogus. G&W did more for Nintendo than ROB ever did.

McJebus, learn your stuff before you bash it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Except... Marth and Roy were hugely popular in Japan, where there games were released. Fire Emblem wasn't in North America when they release Melee. To this day, the only way you can get the Fire Emblems with Marth and Roy in them are ROMs on the net, or imported from Japan.

G&W is in because he represents the Old School Nintendo before Jumpman became known as Mario. THATS how freakin' old he is. And his games were awesome in his day. To give him emotion would ruin his image. >.>

ROB was on a piece of crap game that no one heard of, much less played. 90% of people think he's Johnny Five from Short Circuit, thats how LITTLE people know of him. Some people claim he kept Nintendo afloat, but I think thats bogus. G&W did more for Nintendo than ROB ever did.

McJebus, learn your stuff before you bash it.
Now this is someone who truly dislikes ROB...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Actually, there was plenty of demand for Marth in Brawl. And Roy isn't in Brawl.

If you meant Melee, then I would suspect that Marth was probably in pretty high demand in Japan (he wasn't over in the States just because we didn't know who the **** he was). And Roy has an excuse. He was included as an advertisement. Is ROB's inclusion justified by a future video game centered around him? I doubt it.

I'm a purist for disapproving of a non-video game character being included in a video game centered around the inclusion of all-star video game characters?

Am I then also a purist for not wanting a professional baseball player included on my football team?

G&W is just about the only character on the roster with less personality than ROB, so bringing him up doesn't help much. Proving that another character is not interesting does not prove that ROB is interesting.

Sure, ROB was sad for his fellow ROBs and all, but I think you're selling the rest of the characters short if you're only focused on SSE. The charm to the rest of the cast is that they have built-in personalities from their own series that stick with them in Brawl (whether they were showcased in the SSE effectively or not). So people love the characters long before they even see them in the SSE. Literally, the only nugget of character we get from ROB is that he gets sad when his friends blow up (as most characters would).

My main beef with ROB is that there just isn't enough personality there to grab a hold of and start to like. I can't connect to ROB. Almost every other character has SOMETHING to offer in terms of attitude and character, and it often exudes from them even in the middle of battle—I don't have to fire up the SSE to see it.

That, and I find his character design ugly. Which is a big deal for me, though I understand that it's not for other people.

All that said (and I know there's a lot of it), I don't hate ROB. I'm just answering the question: If you had to remove one character from the roster in order to keep the game running, who would you get rid of? My answer is, resoundingly, ROB.

[/ignored]

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Pit- Hes a noob character...everyone shoots those super fast arrows and spams his sideB move...as i call it HIYA YA YA!!!
Pikachu- Total spammer character. Everyone spams his thundershock and his thunder move
Yoshi- Really annoying, also, he's known for jumping, but his upB makes him throw an egg...WTF?
Ganandorf- Stronger and slower Captain Falcon clone?
Ice Climbers: You'd think they would rock at jumping, but they suck. When the upB, they need to be like, touching either or else it totally fails. I was playing as them, nana was right below me, i used it...did not work...pretty homosexual
ROB- didn't know he existed until this game came out...
Jigglypuff- she just sucks...at life...even her final smash sucks
Ike- his power is abused to much...allowing noobs to get a lucky kill on pro players
Lucas- A more annoying and lame version of Ness. only good thing about him is that he has an improved upB, but Ness is just better

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Pit- Hes a noob character...everyone shoots those super fast arrows and spams his sideB move...as i call it HIYA YA YA!!!
Pikachu- Total spammer character. Everyone spams his thundershock and his thunder move
Yoshi- Really annoying, also, he's known for jumping, but his upB makes him throw an egg...WTF?
Ganandorf- Stronger and slower Captain Falcon clone?
Ice Climbers: You'd think they would rock at jumping, but they suck. When the upB, they need to be like, touching either or else it totally fails. I was playing as them, nana was right below me, i used it...did not work...pretty homosexual
ROB- didn't know he existed until this game came out...
Jigglypuff- she just sucks...at life...even her final smash sucks
Ike- his power is abused to much...allowing noobs to get a lucky kill on pro players
Lucas- A more annoying and lame version of Ness. only good thing about him is that he has an improved upB, but Ness is just better
I am getting tired of people posting multiple characters... I am going to make it clear on the front page that you can only vote for ONE character. :ohwell:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Sheik, you had your time, but Brawl is no place for transvestites.
I don't think ****** jokes work as well when the character in question has been proven to be female. Also, Brawl is totally a place for transvestites.

Regardless, I agree that Sheik should still be gone.

kreechure

Smash Rookie
Snake. Don't get me wrong i like snake as a character, but i absolutely hate fighting against him.

Best101

Smash Ace
Earlier on in this thread I posted against 2 characters, ROB and Yoshi. Since I realised just now that you can only vote for one character I'm going to change my vote to Yoshi. I would vote ROB, but I would hate Brawl Yoshi in the virtual world as well as the real world. If I saw ROB in real life I wouldn't care, but I saw Yoshi then I would try to ki........

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but why don't you just make this a poll? Isn't that like 1000 times easier for ourselves AND you?

Ryazan

Smash Ace
If you're asking who's the worst, its Yoshi. If you're asking who's most annoying, it's Kirby. If you're asking who I dislike the most, it's Jigglypuff.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Since I can only choose one character to hate, I'll go with Samus. Her Charge Shot sucks now; it can't even kill Zelda at 200% (according to someone in the Samus board.) It's my favourite move in Smash64 and Melee (though I didn't use Samus at all in Melee.)

Top Bottom