• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the best Samus main??

Crystanium

Smash Hero
We were being semi-serious. We're debating on Tudor, Rohins, and Xyro. The suit naming thing is joking around, though.

And does that mean no support for the Serris Suit? D:
I'm was being serious, actually. :ohwell:

As for Serris Suit, it gives Samus the ability to run at super-sonic speeds. :chuckle:

Julz

Smash Apprentice
The only people I feel should get any colors are Hugs, Wes, and Phanna. Maybe aniki but probably not.

As far as I'm concerned all they've done for melee samus outweighs any miniscule ammount of work that any of you have done for this brawl samus. Since brawl samus isn't about tech skill any way, it's all about mindgames and reading your opponents, that is what is going to make your character.

Not that any of you were serious...right...if you were I'll have to become the best samus user and denounce any color choices being referred to by someone's gamer tag
Because it didn't exist in the games, I think people choose green so that they can called it their own special suit. I'd prefer the green suit to be named after something from the games rather than someone who's only known from the smash forums. eg For the lame attempt at what is meant to be the fusion suit, I sometimes call it the blue suit because it looks the varia/gravity whilst under the speed booster charge.

I don't think we should vote on the best samus yet. The lack of videos from different players and the fact that samus users depend on spike KOs makes me think there's still a way to go with Samus.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I feel special, now. :D

Also, Mars, you could've phrased that a little less... aggressively.

To all Samus mains:

We should just have an online tourney or something to decide who's the best.
Dittos + Online are stupid.

And Rohins is the only Samus I have ever had trouble with >_>...

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
I BEAT ROHINS LIKE 5 TIMES ON WiFI DITTOS

STUPID SKILL GET

Mars-

Smash Champion
First of all, ditto dont' mean anything, second of all online doesn't mean anything because I know online warriors get ***** in real life.

Pi

Smash Hero
Fine...we can have the tourney at my place...lake mary florida...hows...tomorrow good for you guys? Alright...show up around noon...see ya there...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Change your ****ing text color I can't even look at it, it hurts my eyes.
If can't look at it, why do your eyes hurt? Just don't read my posts if you hate it that much. <.<
To all Samus mains:

We should just have an online tourney or something to decide who's the best.
Sadly, a wifi tourney prove anything. I'd still be down for one, though :smash:

Pi

Smash Hero
Doesn't mean we still can't do it out of boredom or just for kicks.
I don't have TIME to do things for FUN. I play to WIN, there is no F U or N in the word WIN, don't you get that? **** your fun, I'd rather win at all costs.

You're stupid ***** *** little ****ty wifi tournament doesn't prove a ****ing thing so therefore it makes it pointless. I don't have time to be ******* around with a bunch of scrubs who think they play a ****ing character well, I have **** to do!

What ****, you ask? **** you, that's what ****.

Pretend it's mad-libs....

:laugh:

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
i can vouch that xyro is a good person in real life, even though everyone seems to hate him around here haha.
yes, he talks a lot of trash
yes, he only does it because he thinks it's funny...don't take him too seriously lol

as far as best samus, i am only a lucas main in houston with little tournament experience in knowledge. if i gave an opinion, it would be uneducated, and probably ignored.

just my two cents

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Oh, so online matches don't prove anything? Well I should be happy then. :laugh: I just wish I knew where I could find tournaments in my area and find a way to get there. :(

I brawled with IsmaR today, and she was quite impressive.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I don't have TIME to do things for FUN. I play to WIN, there is no F U or N in the word WIN, don't you get that? **** your fun, I'd rather win at all costs.

You're stupid ***** *** little ****ty wifi tournament doesn't prove a ****ing thing so therefore it makes it pointless. I don't have time to be ******* around with a bunch of scrubs who think they play a ****ing character well, I have **** to do!

What ****, you ask? **** you, that's what ****.

Pretend it's mad-libs....

:laugh:
Quite a temper you've got there! :laugh:

In all seriousness, a Samus tournament on Wi-Fi is a nice thought, but it's probably not going to happen.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Quite a temper you've got there! :laugh:

In all seriousness, a Samus tournament on Wi-Fi is a nice thought, but it's probably not going to happen.
They had one in the Pit Character Chat section. They had a thread called, "Pit's Little Tourney (Wifi sucks)," or something like that. They admitted at least that Wi-Fi matches don't prove anything. I do have to agree in some ways, because there is a delay, even if it's ever so slight. I'll give an example. No doubt today I brawled with an excellent Samus player (IsmaR), I was unable to use my air-dodge at the right time, let alone use it when I was landing toward the ground. What should've happened when I was landing toward the ground was that the air-dodge should've become a shield, but that did not happen. So I was all, "Yeah right! That's ridiculous," when I got blasted away with a fully charged Charge Shot.

Pi

Smash Hero
It proves some things...who's better adjusted to wifi...

Nothing very useful though, you can't tell for certain that the opponent you destroyed online won't return the favor in real life...

ya feel me...*****es...

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It proves some things...who's better adjusted to wifi...

Nothing very useful though, you can't tell for certain that the opponent you destroyed online won't return the favor in real life...

ya feel me...*****es...
Like a lover. Haha!

So, are you saying that I should stop playing online? I mean, I do have a brother I can brawl against, and we are all familiar with the idea that brawling humans is better than brawling computers. I guess I'll just need to find some other people to play with.

Pi

Smash Hero
No...don't stop...don't...sto...

any way...I'm on the fence. Once you get to really know your character...the rest just comes down to how your opponent will react. I guess that would mean playing online is good in the sense that you get to be exposed to more situations and get to familiarize yourself with a wider range of opponents but it's just that online makes some things impossible, like split second decisions...with the delay it's just not the same so it can induce some bad habits as well...

The ideal situation is a lot of different opponents in real life, but if you compare it to 1 person in real life then I think online may be better...just try not to fall into any bad habits...don't play to win online, play to learn...mother ****er...

[Edit]Unless you and your brother can continually change your playstyle...some people like to fall into routines is what I'm saying and those people are not good to play against since you eventually just know exactly what they're going to do the majority of the time...pro brawl matches are going to come down to how fast your reflexes are and how well you know your character (range and stuff)...not so much how you read your opponent...but just being prepared...not limiting yourself to one option and preparing for that but thinking of all the options and preparing for the most likely ones...or something...maybe...who knows...I suck...

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
All of the matches I've played on With Friends and With Anyone have been without button delay, and I've played SarahHarp. (She lives in Alberta, Canada, I live in Plymouth, Massachusetts. Now look at the distance between them.)

Is my connection bulletproof or something?

Ginger

Smash Rookie
Kita, that was supposed to be a secret!

Brett has the replay I think.

Tudor is the best. When I see all the other samus' completely **** the best ROB in vegas and Hugs, then they can talk :D

it was only four spikes, but that was the first time I have been two stocked by anyone while I was playing ROB in a long time.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
That was you?

And R.O.B. isn't one of Samus's worst matchups. I'd say "When a Samus player dominates M2K's Meta Knight, then they can talk."

Ginger

Smash Rookie
I know, I am ashamed. I had only played Rohin besides tudor, his playstyle took me by suprise and I lost. Badly. Even on my counterpick stage :(

but Tudor is a beast, not only is he quite possibly the best Samus player around (he mains blue samus :D) but he also is probably one of the coolest smashers around.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ginger is a beast >_>.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I want to brawl with beastly people. It'll make me more beastly! Rawr!

Is Ginger scary? I've heard reports about Tenki, who plays as Sonic, and when I went against his Sonic, he wasn't difficult. I still have the video if anyone wants me to send it to them. My Samus was awesome! :p

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
Who has the best thread like this? Could someone make a thread in the GBD or something. These are getting annoying.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I want to brawl with beastly people. It'll make me more beastly! Rawr!

Is Ginger scary? I've heard reports about Tenki, who plays as Sonic, and when I went against his Sonic, he wasn't difficult. I still have the video if anyone wants me to send it to them. My Samus was awesome! :p
I guess this has just become the "brag about your Samus" thread. That's all right, I don't have a problem. Mods might, though. :p

Could you send me the video, please?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Samus is a beast. Nuff said! Dryn can take me out with Samus most of the time. I don't know if I should be sad or not. I tried out Samus today and liked the feel of the character. I might have her as an alternative. That's what my brother proposed anyway. :laugh: It'd kind of be silly.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
While I agree that Tudor is probably the best, it makes me sad that sauna isn't in the mix in some way. I won't go into much detail, but when I study Samus film I don't see the same understanding as I do when I watch sauna fight.

Again I'll state it again. Tudor is hands down the best I've seen. I just wish sauna wasn't so stingy on the material he uses for his video so he'd finally get it up on the interwebs... -_-

Top Bottom