• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the best Samus main??

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Ummmm hugo 3 times, can't remember the other ones they are so old.
All right, guys. See Tudor here? He's the spike king! :laugh:

Oh, and Xyro, wherever you are, I have decided to call the green color scheme for Samus' Varia Suit, the "Xyro Suit." It's better than calling it, "the green Varia Suit." I posted that at All is Brawl and told them that the reason why I call it this is because you play with that color every time. Heck, I like the green look, especially the turqouise visor. :)

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Anyone else here a Gravity Suit user?

Anywho, why are we still arguing about three people? Let's just say they're all the best and leave it at that.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Mhmm

Gravity Suit, Dark, then the Green.

Edit: *reads Dryn's above post* ahem, that'd be Gravity, Dark, then the Xyro suit.

Please keep in mind that the Green color swap comes from the original power suit from Super Metroid. Why they did that, I do not know, since Samus had always gone in the reddish/orange since the original on the NES.

Double Edit: Ok, It may have been the lighting in certain areas that gave it a green appearance, but it doesn't seem to have that clear-cut yellow look to it either. :confused:

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Doesn't rohins also use green? I like pink Samus. :]

Also, phanna is the best. /threaK

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
There is no obvious way to beat Sethlon. Don't be so arrogant. He is an amazing player.
Il be honest, no matter what you come up with sethlon has a way of dealing with it. Hylian, Me and Houston have to deal with daily mawlings.

I play to win but not quite like you (dropping Samus). There's no john's in what I said. I just noticed how he changed his gameplay after losing the first match. Sigh, I never said SK92 is better. This is stupid.
All i remember is seth 3 stocking you on FD. Thats pretty bad,son. But, ive been on that end too. So were in the same boat, my boy

You noticed how he played better the next two matches, and lost to a grab? I don't understand.

And don't try to belittle me for not maining Samus. I enjoy other characters more. G&W I played since before the game came out in america.

It's like you have a problem with people who play to win...There is nothing wrong with picking a character because they are good. Using only samus doesn't make you better then anyone. It's all about tournament results. Character Choice is at your disgression. If you choose to limit yourself competitively by only playing one character then by all means feel free. But don't think poorly of others just because they want to win.
Its looking more and more like me and tudor are the same......

Ok Hylian, you wont stop. So I will.
I take it back.....Xyro isnt like tudor. i would have kept on going.

Pi

Smash Hero
Yea...rohins has been using the green suit from way back in melee, he was the only green samus that I've ever seen. I don't think we should call it the Xyro suit, how bout we don't do anything controversial and just call it a ****ing 'green' suit. Hm, everyone cool with that? Okay, good.

And I use the purple suit..is that the gravity suit?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yea...rohins has been using the green suit from way back in melee, he was the only green samus that I've ever seen. I don't think we should call it the Xyro suit, how bout we don't do anything controversial and just call it a ****ing 'green' suit. Hm, everyone cool with that? Okay, good.

To be honest, ive been using green samus in melee since 2004. and the times i played ssb64 back in 1999. Also, ive been in the smash scene longer than Rohins has.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
To be honest, ive been using green samus in melee since 2004. and the times i played ssb64 back in 1999. Also, ive been in the smash scene longer than Rohins has.
You mained Marth back then TGM. And Rohins has been around for awhile >_>.

Crystanium

Smash Hero

I'm still going to call it the "Xyro Suit," because I prefer it call it that, rather than, "Green Suit." You see in the Metroid games that they give each suit a name, and not what color it's based on.

You mained Marth back then TGM. And Rohins has been around for awhile >_>.
Blah. I'm still calling it the Xyro Suit. It's not my problem if anyone has a problem with that. :D

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Xyro can have Green Samus. I actually main Ninja Turtle (Raphael Costume).

On a side note I've been messing with Vomit Samus some, I think she matches my playstyle well.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Wow this is great. Xyro's idea is good, lets see who can place the highest in a tourny full of 94 noobs. Ohh I guess Xyro is the only one who can actually do that.

Hylian admit it, you came back because you saw me posting in the samus section.

As for rohin or w/e his name is he has been around for a looooooooooong time. Before me and I have been all samus since I joined xyro you played marth.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Well while we're at it, dibs on pink Samus. no hetero

EDIT: if seniority is a priority then I win, I've been here for like over 6 years.

Coldfront

Smash Apprentice
I have no issue with you having the purple suit Serris, as long as Cold gets the blue suit when nobody really knows who he is either!

But, more on topic, Hylian I would love it if you could post the vid of you 3 stocking Seth's Falco. I was studying the videos of Tudor and Seth, and it seemed to me that Tudor would have been better off staying grounded rather than going aerial (not trying to be critical, just an observation leading to a hypothesis). Is that one of the points that you focused on to beat him Hylian?

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Lol I actually do use pink Samus as my main color. I know Im not that color in most of my vids, but thats my preference. That is actually where the name 'Gum' comes from (in melee, if you went pink Samus, which I did, there was a frame of her ball animation where she looked like a wad of gum.)

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Black samus here.
Mars is cool. Black Samus is like the manliest samus ever, the antithesis to my pink samus. I switch between them depending on my mood. We should be partners.

Coldfront

Smash Apprentice
Lol, manly Samus. That reminds me of all the times I've had to correct dudes who thought she was, in fact, a dude.

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
I have no issue with you having the purple suit Serris, as long as Cold gets the blue suit when nobody really knows who he is either!

But, more on topic, Hylian I would love it if you could post the vid of you 3 stocking Seth's Falco. I was studying the videos of Tudor and Seth, and it seemed to me that Tudor would have been better off staying grounded rather than going aerial (not trying to be critical, just an observation leading to a hypothesis). Is that one of the points that you focused on to beat him Hylian?
I would like to see it to. I can almost guarantee that it wasn't on FD, that Sethlon's tactics in the match weren't run away, double laser, and side-b., and that there were a few gimps. It's still a three stock and if i'm wrong, then more power to you hylian =)

Coldfront

Smash Apprentice
Tudor since you're here I'll ask you specifically. You play a really good Falco a lot as well, so have you tried the match without using the Zair approach?

It just seemed to me that since the first laser goes over Samus' head that you could simply run or walk and shield or spot dodge the second laser.

I'd test this myself but I'm not around any Falco mains.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You people, I don't know what to do with you. :dizzy: I only called it "Xyro Suit," because I saw Xyro using that color more than anyone. Furthermore, I didn't want to call it the "Green Suit." :urg:

Coldfront

Smash Apprentice
Xyro suit is fine to me, mostly because it sounds like a type of suit upgrade. Xyro suit. Yea, that works.

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
Tudor since you're here I'll ask you specifically. You play a really good Falco a lot as well, so have you tried the match without using the Zair approach?

It just seemed to me that since the first laser goes over Samus' head that you could simply run or walk and shield or spot dodge the second laser.

I'd test this myself but I'm not around any Falco mains.
Yah it really shouldn't be too hard to do exactly that. The truth is that match makes me look like the biggest noob.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Do one of those videos have you d-airing R.O.B. multiple times, Tudor? That's all I was asking for from Kitamerby.
I don't believe his match last tourney was recorded at all for YouTube, although I believe SwordSaint kept the replay.

Coldfront

Smash Apprentice
Yah it really shouldn't be too hard to do exactly that. The truth is that match makes me look like the biggest noob.
I actually got one of my buddies to play as Falco and test that out...

Doesn't work so well. Well, it works if the Falco doesn't see what you're doing and immediately just shoot the lasers on the ground. Those **** things come out ridiculously fast, so even if you didn't jump you would have been in the same situation...

Well, back to square one, lol.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Im not trying to be an *** or anything, but I dont find the Falco match up that hard really. I mean I've never played Sethlon, but I have played some pretty amazing Falcos and they all fall to ledge camping. Like 90% of the time it works. I mean thats the gay way to go about it, but for one it avoids laser spam and two it puts you at the advantage. The only reason I started doing it was because I was trying to think about tactical ways to play against specific characters instead of playing against all of them in the same way.

Pi

Smash Hero
The only people I feel should get any colors are Hugs, Wes, and Phanna. Maybe aniki but probably not.

As far as I'm concerned all they've done for melee samus outweighs any miniscule ammount of work that any of you have done for this brawl samus. Since brawl samus isn't about tech skill any way, it's all about mindgames and reading your opponents, that is what is going to make your character.

Not that any of you were serious...right...if you were I'll have to become the best samus user and denounce any color choices being referred to by someone's gamer tag

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Not that any of you were serious...right...if you were I'll have to become the best samus user and denounce any color choices being referred to by someone's gamer tag
We were being semi-serious. We're debating on Tudor, Rohins, and Xyro. The suit naming thing is joking around, though.

And does that mean no support for the Serris Suit? D:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I has support for it! *Gets out Serris is #1 hat and foam finger*
I feel special, now. :D

Also, Mars, you could've phrased that a little less... aggressively.

To all Samus mains:

We should just have an online tourney or something to decide who's the best.

Top Bottom