• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who is the best ddd so far?

Samus-T

Smash Lord
ya. it was the finals, i came out of losers and he was in winners. i won the first set 3-0 and then second set he beat me 3-1. i still consider myself better though =/

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
HELLO ITS MEW2KING

how cpould you even deny that the BEST melee player wouldnt have the best ANYTHING

lololol, he wins tourneys, he beats GOOD SMART PEOPLEZZZZZZ

m2k

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
TEBA has the best DDD hes only lost like 4 times and thats online though.
Hes the grand champ in the AV
Anyone whose anyone that has played the Palmdalians know of our potential.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
My Dedede is better than J-man's,
u beat me online lol online means nothin u have to beat me in person to say u r better then me

i have won tournys in ny beat alot of good players

and i was really good in melee to ^_^

but co18 does have a really good dedede

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thats not true, beating someone in a ditto means that you are better at, and have more knowledge of that matchup, that does mean something

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
thats not true, beating someone in a ditto means that you are better at, and have more knowledge of that matchup, that does mean something
Im refering to people that think if they beat other dededes in dedede dittos that they think they have the best dedede

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i have the best ddd. lol sike. soon tho soon. second in NJ after m2k. also u guys should get vids. d3 pwning others because like nicktendo said dittos.... well...

bajisci

Smash Ace
mew2kings i think is probobly the best, ive played his d3 and wow, ive played alot of d3s online but his is just 1000x better

Met

Smash Ace
haha wow m2k, chillins, azens probably better than all you guys dedede's hands down. I have played chillin and azen alot in brawl, and play m2k's dedede best two out of three online a long time ago( which doesn't mean much). and i can tell you that they are nasty. and i aint talking out of my *** either.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
I haven't had the chance to see M2K in play (I don't watch wifi vids; if it''s not a tourney video, don't even bother).

However, the D3 whose style I have been impressed by the most is definitely Space.

Kill@Will

Smash Cadet
I was going to say Aero after those 5 matches he had with Futile and his (from what it seems) Rapetastic Wario. But if you guy are beating him the first time you fight em, then i'ma go wiff Romeo. But those Aero vids w/futile were some juicy match ups, especially that ending. Freakin nail bitter. I've never seen any CO18 vids so if he has any i'll check em out. I'm lookin to get better with 3Deezey because around here (ever since my friend came back from CSUN) his Olimar is just rapeage. I'm startin to beat his olimar but it's tough.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
wow M2K sounds so freaking good man. what about with characters he cant chaingrab?

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
wow M2K sounds so freaking good man. what about with characters he cant chaingrab?
Well all I can say about M2k is that he is the best of the East and with the SOCAL power rankings out (aero) is one of the best in the west. I dont know his strategy against the non-chain grabable characters but he will use every single drop of technical play in brawl(few drops by the way) and exploit it like he did in melee to become one of the best

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Grats to Aero..

but I'm a bit surprised that no one has mentioned Zelgadis' D3..

Samus-T

Smash Lord
local tourney results:

75 players (not certain the final count) Players were separated into divisions, with 32 players remaining.

No winner. Futile (4-0) and Aero (4-1) split first and second

Third
DieSuperFly

Fourth
Romeo

Fifth
Blitz
Lovage

Seventh
Moogledude
BarDulL

i talked with romeo at the tourney, he said he doesnt really play competitively anymore, i placed higher than him, i think i may be better than him now :)

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Well done on placing higher than Romeo mate! I'd suggest whacking some better vids up. Romeo has some great vids on the net, wheras the only ones I could find of you were your matches against lykoleon and kikoman, and they weren't too spectacular. I have no doubt you could be better but all most people have to base their decision on are vids.

It's not really fair for me to comment seeing as I've not got vids of myself up yet, so as soon as the vids from the last UK tournament are up (I placed 3rd) I'll post a link. :)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Watch out Aero, I'll be taking your spot soon enough :)

whut?

Smash Journeyman
isnt it obvious

M2K by a long shot, Once he has them in a chain throw, he wont stop till 300% and then end the chain throw with an fthrow. Then he will dededecide the rest of their lives for quick victories in tournies.
that just means he sucks balls.
he only has one video up on youtube of his ddd, all he does is chaingrab.
but when you play competitive smashers you cant chaingrab all the time,
thus M2K is not a good ddd, any dumb4ss can do the CG.
**** fanboys.
how do easy chaingrabs make someone so "good by a long shot"? they dont.
(he isnt even doing them right)

swallowcides and CGs are necessary for competitive play but if you dont have a
sturdy dedede you are pseudo and will fail in a tourney setting.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
Exactly. chain grabbing and swallowcides ftw do NOT make someone good, it makes them cowardly.

Coney

Smash Master
I saw a few matches from M2K and I wasn't at all impressed.

It seems like he's literally nothing but chaingrabs--it's ridiculous. I understand it's an effective tactic but come on, if we have to elect a leader do we have to pick one with such a limited representation of Dedede's ability?

It's like voting in someone that eats spaghetti each and every day as the President of Italy.

CO18

Smash Hero
I saw a few matches from M2K and I wasn't at all impressed.

It seems like he's literally nothing but chaingrabs--it's ridiculous. I understand it's an effective tactic but come on, if we have to elect a leader do we have to pick one with such a limited representation of Dedede's ability?

It's like voting in someone that eats spaghetti each and every day as the President of Italy.
Yeah I just saw his matches vs Azen.

I was dissapointed.

Sure its effective, but literally all he does is dodge and grab spam. :(

Coney

Smash Master
I saw the matches he had against Azen and one against Moose, and I think one more that I can't remember. It's just a constant stream of chaingrabs. I just don't want that to be considered "the best" when there are so many other things a great Dedede can do.

I think my playing style is a lot like Romeo's...I'd love to see some more good Dedede's so I could make comparisons.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll be having a bunch of matches come up soon on getyourtournament, I'll post them in the video thread once they are up.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yeah, M2K isn't the best DeDeDe...I mean, he's only the only DeDeDe winning tournaments...And probably the person that's won the most tournaments so far out of everyone in the U.S....He's up there.

Yeah, he's not good. CG'ing sucks.

That's called scrubiness. He wins. He's the best. GG.

Coney

Smash Master
I never said he wasn't good, you jabroni. The point is that the skill of the typical pro-level Dedede player isn't limited to only CG's and dodges. He can keep continuing to win tournaments and whatnot, but I hate to think that others will pattern their game from him and make Dedede a shallow competitive character. If we're talking about "the best" in a thread and offering personal opinion, I'm certainly going to offer a more rounded and versatile Dedede that takes advantage of the full range of his moveset rather than a caricature of Dedede's strength.

In short, quiet.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I never said he wasn't good, you jabroni. The point is that the skill of the typical pro-level Dedede player isn't limited to only CG's and dodges. He can keep continuing to win tournaments and whatnot, but I hate to think that others will pattern their game from him and make Dedede a shallow competitive character. If we're talking about "the best" in a thread and offering personal opinion, I'm certainly going to offer a more rounded and versatile Dedede that takes advantage of the full range of his moveset rather than a caricature of Dedede's strength.

In short, quiet.
Play to win. End of story.

While your personal favortie DDD player goes about playing some sort of fancy and lovely playstyle that "takes advantage of the full range of his moveset", M2K is busy winning tournaments.

You're concerned with how much variety someone plays with when really, "the best" is determined solely by how much someone wins.

Top Bottom