• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who is the best ddd so far?

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
If you want a game where the best doesn't seem utterly cheap go play melee.

M2K is certainly the best DDD and his play style probably has to do with what's most effective. It sucks, but that's brawl for you. =/

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
It may suck for you, but it's true. M2K is the best DeDeDe. He wins the most. If you wanted a different answer, perhaps the thread name should be changed to "Most versatile DeDeDe" or "Most creative DeDeDe" or "Best DeDeDe that doesn't try to win their hardest." or something to that extent.

Met

Smash Ace
It may suck for you, but it's true. M2K is the best DeDeDe. He wins the most. If you wanted a different answer, perhaps the thread name should be changed to "Most versatile DeDeDe" or "Most creative DeDeDe" or "Best DeDeDe that doesn't try to win their hardest." or something to that extent.
nah even then he is still the best. I watched him play neo's marth in some friendlys and he did chaingrab alot but also when he did something else he did it very very well.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
hmmm sounds like neo might be bad because marth should have no trouble at all getting out of a chaingrab. forward b or up b and thats it.

Met

Smash Ace
hmmm sounds like neo might be bad because marth should have no trouble at all getting out of a chaingrab. forward b or up b and thats it.
except you have no idea how to chaingrab because marth cannot get out of it if you shield grab and that should be common knowledge to all ddd's but apprently it isn't

Met

Smash Ace
uhm lets see... you sheild, he grabs you back. chaingrab=done
uugghhh no when you run to grab agian if you time it right and use R then slightly after you hit A you will not see the shield go but buy you will still shield grab which gives you more range thus allowing you to grab him also sonic and ike and anycharacter that doesn't fall down or isn't luigi go try it I have done it. obviously you don't know what you are talking about and you probably use z to grab which isn't the way to chaingrab.

Buuman

Smash Ace
What determines a good Dedede or not, is how well/often you chain grab, how perfect and sharp on youre spacing is, being sure not to degrade your kill moves too early - Ex. (don't waste your up tilt), how aggressive you are with edge guarding, and finally, how well you can read people, currently...M2K takes the cake for magnifying all of these characteristics to the fullest. He's won the most tournies, the title goes to M2k right now.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
(edited in response) this thread was ******** since the first post.
thats all smashboards is about nowadays
"whoz da best (character)" like anyone gives a **** to begin with.
if you have any dignity youll realize this thread is BS.
^_^

(i dont want to try and prove you wrong. because like i said, i dont give a ****, M2K isnt above average. fanboys make him seem better than he is)

Buuman

Smash Ace
thats an opinion, and your opinion is far from fact.
whos to say a good dedede shouldnt use upTilt at lower percents?
that specific move is actually good at lower %s due to juggling the opponent in it.
any degraded moves can be brought back.
ive already said what i thought about M2K, he is overrated by fanboys.
he makes too many foolish mistakes to be "titled" the best.

i cant believe smashboards is now all about "whos teh best(character)"
its too many opinions, and too much azzkissing.
theyre always wrong anyway.
The up tilt is a prime example..using it to juggle is an option, in my experience it's better to save it. Everyone makes mistakes. Not judging the title best on mistakes..merely on tourny wins. Honestly..this is the most pointless thread on the boards and should be closed.

My OPINION is backed up with facts. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Buuman

Smash Ace
M2K isn't overrated.. if you've seen him play melee..he had ungodly tech skill, yes..it's because of his insane devotion to smash and dedication, but I wouldn't expect you to know considering you just joined this month >,>

Samus-T

Smash Lord
except you have no idea how to chaingrab because marth cannot get out of it if you shield grab and that should be common knowledge to all ddd's but apprently it isn't
uugghhh no when you run to grab agian if you time it right and use R then slightly after you hit A you will not see the shield go but buy you will still shield grab which gives you more range thus allowing you to grab him also sonic and ike and anycharacter that doesn't fall down or isn't luigi go try it I have done it. obviously you don't know what you are talking about and you probably use z to grab which isn't the way to chaingrab.

haha play me in brawl both of you please

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
M2K is a good D3 but he hates Brawl so he probably will not be the best because he isn't trying as hard. So yeah, best D3 is M2K publically recognized at least, but that'll change soon.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
M2K is a good D3 but he hates Brawl so he probably will not be the best because he isn't trying as hard. So yeah, best D3 is M2K publically recognized at least, but that'll change soon.
I doubt it. He knows how to win, and he always will.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. chain grabbing and swallowcides ftw do NOT make someone good, it makes them cowardly.
I know its cowardly, but it wins tournaments easy and quickly. When money is at stake in video games, the end justifies the means.
M2k abuses that grabs and wins loads of cash. his superb technical ability with a CG character allows him to get easy wins and no one remembers second, so any way of winning other than something thats banned is fine in a brawl/melee tourney.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
M2K does make a lot of mistakes, well for M2K that is. Clearly he isn't too into Brawl, but once people who actually care about brawl reach his melee caliber they'll probably pass him.

Sorry to M2K if I'm underestimating the time he put into DDD, but he even said he doesn't care about this game. =/

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Why is everybody giving M2K **** about the CG?

Considering how many people at tournaments play MK, who you can't CG, you have to give him some props because he still beats them every time.

It doesn't matter if his style against most characters isn't as flashy as you want it to be, it wins more than anybody else's and that's a fact. Sorry to dissapoint all the fanboy haters but M2K is really ****ing good, stop being a scrub and *****ing about the CG.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Why is everybody giving M2K **** about the CG?

Considering how many people at tournaments play MK, who you can't CG, you have to give him some props because he still beats them every time.

It doesn't matter if his style against most characters isn't as flashy as you want it to be, it wins more than anybody else's and that's a fact. Sorry to dissapoint all the fanboy haters but M2K is really ****ing good, stop being a scrub and *****ing about the CG.
Agreed. You shouldn't be mad at M2K for Brawl being a game where cheap cgs work disgustingly effectively.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. You shouldn't be mad at M2K for Brawl being a game where cheap cgs work disgustingly effectively.
I'm not even talking about the game mechanics. I's saying that M2K still beats people when they can't be chaingrabbed. With the number of MK's and GW's at tournaments a good DDD can't be all CG's, he has to be able to deal with those characters. If he can still win tournaments, beating all those MK's and GW's then you really can't give him **** about the CG because he does fine when he can't use it too.

On a side note: If you play to win, and you should if you go to tournaments and are arguing about the best, then it is his best/safest tactic and there is no reason NOT to use it. Don't be a scrubs.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I'm not even talking about the game mechanics. I's saying that M2K still beats people when they can't be chaingrabbed. With the number of MK's and GW's at tournaments a good DDD can't be all CG's, he has to be able to deal with those characters. If he can still win tournaments, beating all those MK's and GW's then you really can't give him **** about the CG because he does fine when he can't use it too.

On a side note: If you play to win, and you should if you go to tournaments and are arguing about the best, then it is his best/safest tactic and there is no reason NOT to use it. Don't be a scrubs.
good point about the light chars. I haven't seen M2K against them so I wasn't even thinking about them, though I wonder if he pulls out his MK when he faces lighter chars like you mentioned.

CO18

Smash Hero
Good point about the lighter chars, also I change my opinion. Because whenever I play Lucario or Snake, I chaingrab like a *****
and considering hes playing Azen and since it was the finals of a tourney, I'd most likely do the exact same.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
i dont think anyone in the ddd forum should be saying chain grabs are cheap or cowardly

(look at the ice climbers if you want to see a cowardly chain grab...)

chain grab is a big part of ddd's game...its that simple

everyone knows about it...and im sure alot of competitive players try to figure out how to avoid it...

its to early to be thinking about who is the best with any character...yea m2k is a great ddd...its just to early to tell who is the best...

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
I think some people are suited to certain characters. I don't think M2K is particularly suited to D3. I think he's just generally awesome at a game and has applied his ability to its sequel. M2K is not the best D3.

As far as im concerned, creativity plays an important part in who I idolise as a D3 player. Aero wins my vote after seeing his new combo vid, and watching the horrors that poor DK experienced.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
m2k wins by CG's and swallowcides, EVERYTIME. If a noob had the right mindset, they too could pull these tournament placings off with d3. Brawl is just broken as hell and m2k's play style is proof

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
For me, Aero and to a lesser extent, DSF since I love his matches against Futile...

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
Why have people asked for videos? Or even based things off of what they've seen from the few videos online? Or even online matches, which are essentially just friendlies.

It's all about tournament results.

Tournament results.

Results!

Style and technique are great, but they're obviously not everything.

Top Bottom