• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who is the best ddd so far?

Dopey

Smash Lord
lol im jk =p i love seein some good ddd action, just gets boring watching chain grabs =/ (dont kno if he cgs thats y i said that LOL <3 )

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
nah he's like anti-chaingrab for some reason lol

on another note i got 3rd at a tourney yesterday and beat two of the dest MK's in texas to do it <3

does anybody else despise MK as much as i do? lol

ADHD

Smash Hero
So what, mew2king isn't as fun to watch as aero, and I don't think he will be to this day because he plays for money. Maybe his opinion has changed, but I'd rather watch flashier things :D

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I always find M2k, not entertaining, but educational to watch. I've watched the Azen against M2k alot of times, and I've come to surmise that spotdodge is the new Wavedash.

Dopey

Smash Lord
u may think m2k isnt entertaining because ur a noob who doesnt understand what hes doing LOL watching m2k is always fun to watch because he has a completely different style from other players, own style(in both senses of the word)

ill still tap that *** tho =p.

<----best ddd waddling around ;)

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I agree with Dope, watching M2k play is amazing.

I'm going to say M2k is the best easily. Let's face it, the east coast has more excellent players. It was true in Melee and still is now. Therefore the competition is at a higher level. I don't see any combination of 10 West vs 10 East and the East NOT winning. I hope this fixes itself soon, because it's boring every time east coast and west coast meet seeing the east coast win almost every single time.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
u may think m2k isnt entertaining because ur a noob who doesnt understand what hes doing LOL watching m2k is always fun to watch because he has a completely different style from other players, own style(in both senses of the word)

ill still tap that *** tho =p.

<----best ddd waddling around ;)
I don't enjoy M2K's matches either and I do understand what was going on. I used to watch M2K's marth videos all the time in my spar time, because the mindgames, combos, and clever uses for moves were just awe inspiring, but now its just eh. I blame brawl not M2K. He perfects what he has to work with and M2K would probably tell you he doesn't have much to work with. =/

Edit: another thing is that unless you travel to a lot of tournies you have no right to base who you think is the best on anything but results because you don't know how people play as of now since you don't see it. Most of the pros don't upload videos very frequently so you're only going off a video that is mostly likely weeks possibly months old and since the game is new that can be very outdated.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
i think even trying to say who's the best is a dumb idea, its obvious you can have the best in a region, but until everyone plays the same people, or each other, you just can't know who's better, i think they are both great players and would love to play either one of them some time just to get my butt kicked

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
m2k just wins... and wins and wins.... aero wins and does things that make me laugh really hard, i like both of em haha

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
AERO is better then M2K

yea m2k wins tourniments

but he wins like a *****

aero on the other hand wins with style =]
Did you know MK is one of the most played chars in tournies. Did you know that DDD CAN'T CG HIM!! Then wtf?! How can M2K be winning without teh chayngrabbz?!!! OH yeah, because he has more than one playstyle.... >.>

I can't stand people bashing my favorite pro. Go watch real princes wear tiaras and tell me who is and isn't boring.

Dopey

Smash Lord
ive dropped more turds in the toilet in 1 sitting than the # of tournys uve been to LOL

Edit: another thing is that unless you travel to a lot of tournies you have no right to base who you think is the best on anything but results because you don't know how people play as of now since you don't see it. Most of the pros don't upload videos very frequently so you're only going off a video that is mostly likely weeks possibly months old and since the game is new that can be very outdated.

pros dont upload vids because thats what ppl who arent pros are here for LOL

**** ddd im playin snake LOL

Tyser

Smash Champion
For peoples' information, looking good and being the best are two different things. Aero's DDD is more fun to watch, but the bottom line is that M2K has the best DDD.

L__

Smash Master
There are several different causes for the "Best" Dedede. You could be the flashiest...you could be the most technical...you could be the most "mindgamy" you could very well be the best at a certain character matchup. There are differences with a person's consistency of play. It depends...(Sounds like the OP but...thought I'd add my two cents.)

whut?

Smash Journeyman
Wow why is that the people arguing who the best DDD is besides like Dope and M2k are a bunch of Scrubs..

<3 Jman
yur cool.
Pretty lame this thread has 16 pages, each one being a copy of the last..7000+ views for that?
Fanboys who dont even know anything about ddd come here from other boards to spam their mancrush.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i have the best DDD.
duh
just got 2nd at major fl tourny WITH m2k gettin first (he was visiting)

used all DDD and only snake once vs a meta.

but seriously

its me

DGMavn

Smash Apprentice
There are 3 stages to M2K's DDD play:

-Grabbing you
-Chaingrabbing you
-Edgeguarding you

It's simple and elegant, yet brutally effective. Appreciate it for what it is.

I'm pretty sure you can count the number of times M2K has dropped a singles tourney set on one hand.

CO18

Smash Hero
M2k also uses metaknight 90% of the tournament until he plays someone he can cg and is much easier to beat with Dedede.

Ex: at Fast, he used metaknight every match except for once against Afro's Snake and In the Finals against a Wario(DDD being his worst matchup)

Not taking anything away from him just sayin.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
ummmm actually, up until about maybe 2 months ago, I used either only, or 90% all DDD in tourneys, and even at that time I had the overall best record on the east coast, even though I went to md/va many times

I'm originally a DDD main, he just feels more limited to me than MK that's why I use MK more, MK is like a melee character and I have more fun playing him, but I've always been good with DDD. Also stop trying to base things off my vids, my vids are horrendous.

CO18 I'm quite good at DDD vs MK, I played Forte in tourney 3 times and almost every game I 2 stocked him, I play different matchups differently, you just have to play smart. If MK runs at you he's either going to run up and block, or short hop fair, most of the time. It's usually one of those 2 things. Keeping that in mind, it's easy to counter. DDD's drop Bair is really good against MKs like forte that go really low before up Bing. Also you can block the first part of up B and Bair through MK's glide attack (or before he does glide attack, it's not even hard). Also even though ddd supposedly counters wario, that was like my first time ever doing the match

CO18

Smash Hero
ummmm actually, up until about maybe 2 months ago, I used either only, or 90% all DDD in tourneys, and even at that time I had the overall best record on the east coast, even though I went to md/va many times

I'm originally a DDD main, he just feels more limited to me than MK that's why I use MK more, MK is like a melee character and I have more fun playing him, but I've always been good with DDD. Also stop trying to base things off my vids, my vids are horrendous.

CO18 I'm quite good at DDD vs MK, I played Forte in tourney 3 times and almost every game I 2 stocked him, I play different matchups differently, you just have to play smart. If MK runs at you he's either going to run up and block, or short hop fair, most of the time. It's usually one of those 2 things. Keeping that in mind, it's easy to counter. DDD's drop Bair is really good against MKs like forte that go really low before up Bing. Also you can block the first part of up B and Bair through MK's glide attack (or before he does glide attack, it's not even hard). Also even though ddd supposedly counters wario, that was like my first time ever doing the match
Ahh that's cool, good to know.
I beat almost every mk up until the point the player is just as skilled as I am and nado spams as well, then i start to lose my grip. **** i wish you didnt mind being recorded cuz i wouldve luved to see u **** forte with ddd.

Also I guess there aren't many wario's up there then? Although I thought you would've played Blue shell before.

Top Bottom