• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who got the best commentary? (serious topic)

Smash Master
Doc mains got commentary on lock.

Except DJ Nintendo. He sucks.

j00t

Smash Champion
Wife and Husband have the best commentary IMO

But I gotta give my biased vote to Mslano + Chad, since they are from AL :p

gghhh3

Smash Apprentice
Obviously Husband and Wife.
So they can add massive insight to your Teroing.

Wife: Oh well you see here Tero is jigglypuff and is on the edge. If he drops off of the ledge and regrabs it he can stay there all match long to time the game out. A very disliked strategy amongst the fans, but whatever gets you the win.
Husband: Yes Wife said it perfectly, whatever gets you the win. And if you do this technique perfectly you are invincible while doing it correct?
Wife: I'm not 100% sure, let me get the frame data real quick.
*King of the Mews guest appearance*.
M2K: Yes you will have invincibility frames throughout this technique, because you drop off and can jump as early as frame 2 on this stage, other stages its 3, and you regrab at 4, and you have 3 frames of invincibility so you can't get hit. It is broken and should be banned, jigglypuff is a broken character all together.
Wife: Well thank you M2K for your time.

That was fun to type out

Also no disrespect, just poking fun.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I love Waffles hype and without that we wouldn't have awesome videos like Wombo Combo. Him and Phil on good nights are amazing <3. DJ Nintendo is funny sometimes I think he tries a lil hard to make smash memes, but I love his vocabulary lol <3. I like Wife the most, just because he explains the MU and tips and while so and so counterpicked here, but Waffles does that too <3.Also there was a really good commentator on Waffles channel, forget his name, but he only has done afew videos. He did that one with....tang vs Lunin...the amazing comeback from Tang.

EDIT: Alukard's commentary is terrible, he tries to be DJ.

Tero.

Smash Champion
So they can add massive insight to your Teroing.

Wife: Oh well you see here Tero is jigglypuff and is on the edge. If he drops off of the ledge and regrabs it he can stay there all match long to time the game out. A very disliked strategy amongst the fans, but whatever gets you the win.
Husband: Yes Wife said it perfectly, whatever gets you the win. And if you do this technique perfectly you are invincible while doing it correct?
Wife: I'm not 100% sure, let me get the frame data real quick.
*King of the Mews guest appearance*.
M2K: Yes you will have invincibility frames throughout this technique, because you drop off and can jump as early as frame 2 on this stage, other stages its 3, and you regrab at 4, and you have 3 frames of invincibility so you can't get hit. It is broken and should be banned, jigglypuff is a broken character all together.
Wife: Well thank you M2K for your time.

That was fun to type out

Also no disrespect, just poking fun.
haha nice one
too bad that will never happen, I'd love to hear that.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
waffles commentary is garbage. real talk.

People should watch games of starcraft, SSF4, Meltyblood or Tekken to get REAL commentary, then realize just how AWFUL the smash scene is when it comes to commentary.

Taj and Dogy Sammich are the only legitimately GOOD commentators. What do they have in common? A history in traditional fighters, and Taj plays, and watches starcraft.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Whats that vid where it was sheik dittos on FD and the commentator was like

"and here we have these two players painting a sheik ditto, with the stage as their canvas"

that vid was amazing
That was Ka

He was insistent on commentating, even though I told him I wasn't sure if I'd let him :)

Taj is pretty good imo

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
Too insane, and also way too hard!! I always end up turning the volume up more so I hear the stupid commentary even louder, and then I have to go away from the room cause there is nothing else to be done!!1!!

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
DogySamich is pretty good at being informative and funny for sure. I like Taj's more in terms of that though personally. Husband and Wife are pretty good too. Waffles and Phil I don't mind if I feel like loling really hard on that specific day.

Best commentary of ANY match in anything ever though easily goes to this hands down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA

Varist

Smash Lord
Thought this would be a cool topic to bring back up.
Who's that guy who did the commentary for one of the M2K matches really sardonically/sarcastically? like, I remember he asked M2K for two words about the match and M2K actually answered but the commentator was like, "sorry, I only asked for 2, we're gonna have to put you down as __ __" (can't remember what he said). anyone else seen that one?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I love Dogysamich's commentary. My favorite by far. Whether he's talking radio mode or chill mode, he's always amazing. Awesome voice, awesome personality, always a great experience to watch vids with Dogy commentary.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Bad commentary can ruin a match.
Great commentary makes a great match into a Legendary Match. What if no Mic's where at any tournaments the last 3 or 4 years? You could argue that commentary on things like the Wombo Combo and Revival of Melee help Bring enough attention back to melee to kind of jump start it back to life.

husband + wife, hmw, dj, hazz, d1 are always good
agreed. I like Dogy as well however after awhile i tune out to what he's actually saying in that same tone over and over. However I think he's pretty hilarious. After giving it a try i believe it's alot harder to do well then ppl think.

I believe the Genesis1, Pound4, and Pound5 Line-up are pretty much the top tier of Commentary.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Whoever commentated over a few matches between Noobking and I think the other one was Blunted Object (I could be wrong) was sooo fkn hilarious. Those videos were put down though for some reason.

Top Bottom