• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who going to Genesis in California?? July10-12

D_B_S

Smash Lord
Orignal Link

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211141

I wanted to know who all is planning to go to Genesis

Most of Tallahassee,FL going and Im wondering if Florida and the Rest
of Atlantic South was gonna Rep

They have differnt package deals

I think overall it might be around $350 or so round trip(including all events)

Depending how soon we get plane ticket

Just trynna plan early

Hit this thread up

Pritch

Smash Lord
I've thought about it. Haven't really talked with any of the other louisiana guys yet, but if something gets organized I may possibly be a part of it.

PB&J

Smash Hero
im going..but we should try to get spnsored from red bull ,mcdonalds,or anyother energy drink for we can all take a bus and play smash.

Im sure if someone presents these companies correctly we can pull it off

Frames

DI
ya i wanna go to this problem is its kinda expensive plane tix are 400ish + 75 for entry fee + food stuff i would like to play around in cali for a bit tho

Zoro

Smash Champion
ya i wanna go to this problem is its kinda expensive plane tix are 400ish + 75 for entry fee + food stuff i would like to play around in cali for a bit tho

better start winning tournaments

if i dont start winning then i will finally admit that i suck at smash

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I know that at least Alpha and myself wanted to go to this. We could probably garner attention from the other players around here in due time.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Frames we need to get a venue at UCF for FAST2. It's 1/2 off for UCF students and they can provide a bunch of TVs/VCRs.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
well u shoudlnt rely on that cuz if i do end up goign ur gonna be team less and u lost an opportunity to find a good teams partner and end up teaming with a ****ty one or a decentp layer. u can use this whole time spamming im hungry im top 3 in fl and i need a partner.

u dont wanna think ur teaming colin thne i come in and say well looks like im going so get off my partner son!

D_B_S

Smash Lord
lol

I was gonna ask Hrnut to team

but yeah Um how can we work on getting sponsered

We really dont have an organized team representing florida....or atlantic south

but Im down what Do we need to do?

shoshone

Smash Ace
lol

I was gonna ask Hrnut to team

but yeah Um how can we work on getting sponsered

We really dont have an organized team representing florida....or atlantic south

but Im down what Do we need to do?
The only way to get sponsored is to have people who have won various large tournaments in the group or have someone's parent's that's a higher up in a business. You could also try getting a sponsorship from gaming organizations such as MOB, vVv, Type-Z, and others.

Jx31

Smash Ace
I'm already putting aside cash from my pay checks for this, I can't wait!

Speaking of all the sponsorship talk, anyone from our College's gaming club who's interested should be able to get one( a sponsorship).......possibilities.......

-!-

Smash Lord
I must come to this!!! money is not the issue thanks to Season hitting at my work (Restaurant) the thing is if my Crew can come with >.< I don't want to go alone T_T

PB&J

Smash Hero
shoshone..where are u at didnt see ur post in a minute..but im sure if us smashers use aour heads we can try to get sponsers from like everybody possible..we just need someone to write a presentation down to make it look like we are serious about it..so lets get it done..sponsor sponsor sponsor

D_B_S

Smash Lord
YEah I agree ^^

But dont they like sponsor like offical teams

they're not gonna sponoser like just 50 random ppl

I think would should have a circut of tourneys(Florida Circuit)

N base it off of that....

Like for Melee n Brawl

Or like the best in every city or Something

I think I deserve a spot lol

Zoro

Smash Champion
is genesis brawl?

wow i missed that
i am somewhat disapointed that brawl will be there consuming my tvs and friendly time
To travel a million miles to watch brawl matches or hear about brawl is kinda disapointing
i kinda thought it would be melee onlyi would have loved to not think about the existence of brawl for a weekend. O WELL ill still go

watchin ddd or metaknight is just aggravating

AfroQT

Smash Master
is genesis brawl?

wow i missed that
i am somewhat disapointed that brawl will be there consuming my tvs and friendly time
To travel a million miles to watch brawl matches or hear about brawl is kinda disapointing
i kinda thought it would be melee onlyi would have loved to not think about the existence of brawl for a weekend. O WELL ill still go

watchin ddd or metaknight is just aggravating
You over exaggerate to much.
Dont make it sound like brawl being at a tourney ruins your time.
It doesnt affect you in the slightest. And there will still be melee.

Just cuz you dont like the game doesnt mean its now the plague. Just accept it.

shoshone

Smash Ace
shoshone..where are u at didnt see ur post in a minute..but im sure if us smashers use aour heads we can try to get sponsers from like everybody possible..we just need someone to write a presentation down to make it look like we are serious about it..so lets get it done..sponsor sponsor sponsor
Just chillin. Played Melee a few days ago and it was great, as for Brawl, well let's just say im stuck in the past, I simply don't like it.

But yea, there's no way you can get a sponsor for lots of people (unless 50 people want like $5 each). The top 4 people have the best shot, and MOB has lots of $ so they would probably be the easiest but like I said, whoever wants to organize has to have the best 4 people included with all their achievements.

MOB's site
http://mobdeep.net/

There's tons of other but i'll let yall do that.

Top Bottom