• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is worried Brawl might not be that good?

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I worded myself badly. My main concern is the after effects of gliding. I doubt Sakurai would give INSANE, and I do mean INSANE recovery to characters without some side effects. Will gliding leave you open like if you airdodged? Will you be able to attack? How long does gliding last? There are still many question we have unanswered before we judge if gliding is overpowered or not. Geez, Peach had Float and she wasn't overpowered.

Hold yer horses on the judging guys.
While that's true, Peach also didn't cary dual bladed weapons, or a sword that slash at anemies repeatedly. Another thing is the fact that Meta and Pit have multiple jumps like Kirby.

However it's too early to say that it's imba. Who knows, maybe some characters have triple jump or something crazy like that to combat things like the glide? Also, let's not forget the fact that Snake can fly.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
While that's true, Peach also didn't cary dual bladed weapons, or a sword that slash at anemies repeatedly. Another thing is the fact that Meta and Pit have multiple jumps like Kirby.

However it's too early to say that it's imba. Who knows, maybe some characters have triple jump or something crazy like that to combat things like the glide? Also, let's not forget the fact that Snake can fly.
How can Snake fly?!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Rumor has it they can use those wings to sail through sky like gliders. But that can’t be true, can it?

GG snake. No glide 4 u

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Kin3tic-c4jun-3, you're getting too deep into Snake because of your fanboyism to him. I know you want Snake to be beast, but I feel like we're getting off topic here. That was the reason why the other thread based on this closed.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Kin3tic-c4jun-3, you're getting too deep into Snake because of your fanboyism to him. I know you want Snake to be beast, but I feel like we're getting off topic here. That was the reason why the other thread based on this closed.
They obviously couldn't handle the...

SANKE PWNAGE!!!!11111oneoneoneeleven

Also, if I wanted "Snake to be beast" I'd have to be mentally ********.

Caael

Smash Lord
I loved that thread. The only reason it was closed was out of spite towards me, and that's unjustified. I suggest the rest of you bring it to Kirbyking's attention that you're just as unhappy about this as I am, because I'm ****ing heartbroken over this, that thread meant more to me than this forum.
It's no different with Me and the old Ridley thread. The new one is a second chance, to rebuild what you once had, and make it better. Sure as hell worked for our Ridley thread.

Banks

Smash Hero
to add to the conversation, mew2king said a few times in the hub he thought brawl would suck, as all the levels shown so far are cheesy as hell and not good for tournament play, except for the battlefield remake =/

Kaburii

Smash Apprentice
to add to the conversation, mew2king said a few times in the hub he thought brawl would suck, as all the levels shown so far are cheesy as hell and not good for tournament play, except for the battlefield remake =/
You can't simply compare two games though and decide if they are tournament worthy. SSB and SSBM have totally different dynamics, thus making them different for players to master. The same will happen with Brawl.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
I think brawl might suck but to say that none of the stages are tourney worthy is ridiculous. Battlefield, Yoshi's island, lylat cruise, smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2, Skyworld and maybe rumble falls (since the movement isn't random) all look to be tournament legal. I don't see the problem. In melee, about half the stages (maybe less) were tourney legal. I think we will have about the same ratio in Brawl. I don't know what M2K was talking about. :ohwell:

gnosis

Smash Lord
Stages are rarely banned for the stuff we're seeing in the Brawl stages so far, like hazards and what-not.

There's very few stages in the MLG rule set that are banned for reasons other than camping spots or runaway tactics... like, Flat Zone and Big Blue? And since we're not sure what situations like those will look like in Brawl, I'm not comfortable saying any stage is a definite ban yet.

I mean, Green Greens is still legal in Melee. 'Cheesiness' is apparently not a ban-worthy offense =(.

SFan414

Smash Cadet
I'm not worried at all about it possibly sucking. If they took out wave-dashing it wouldn't matter to me because i dont use it. The game looks to awesome to suck, and it can't be as bad as "Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing" *shudders*

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Stages are rarely banned for the stuff we're seeing in the Brawl stages so far, like hazards and what-not.

There's very few stages in the MLG rule set that are banned for reasons other than camping spots or runaway tactics... like, Flat Zone and Big Blue? And since we're not sure what situations like those will look like in Brawl, I'm not comfortable saying any stage is a definite ban yet.

I mean, Green Greens is still legal in Melee. 'Cheesiness' is apparently not a ban-worthy offense =(.
Many stages in melee were banned because of waveshining off.

Let's take a look at brawl stages:
Wario Ware: Tons of potential hazards, similar to Superflat Zone, and maybe random stage movement

Eldin Bridge: BIG Hazard (pus it's random) and walk off edges (waveshines)

Castle Siege: Walk off sides (waveshines)

Delfino Plaza: Walk off sides

Meta knight's ship: Random Hazard, walk off sides (waveshines)

So basically, if waveshining is still as potent as in melee, half the stages will still be banned. Otherwise, most stages will be legal.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Many stages in melee were banned because of waveshining off.
Waveshining is another reason, but I didn't mention it for several reasons. One being that all the stages that have it also have other offenses, like camping, etc. And second being that I don't think a walk-off edge is enough to warrant a ban based on waveshining alone.

Onett, for example, was on forever, and I don't remember a sudden surge of people waveshining each other off causing its ban. Namely because the stage's structure and hazards are disruptive enough to make the tactic highly situational. So I think a stage can have walkoff edges and be structured in a way that it doesn't make waveshining a broken tactic - which is why I didn't bring it up for Brawl. Though I guess I should of.

Anyway, if you look at the Nintendo World trailer, it -looks- like Fox's shine sends people upwards now, so who knows how walk-offs will be treated in Brawl (personally I think they have enough problems without waveshining...)

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
The game looks fine so far. There hasnt been anything confirmed yet the would make the game broken.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
These thread are starting to be anoying.

The facts:

1) melee was a RUSHED game.
2) this game has been worked for about 3 years (i think)
3) if every fan of every other fighting game of the world had worried about the sequels, there won't be any Street fighter fans or guilty gears fans.

Sooo peace

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yoshi fan: How was Melee rushed? You have no proof for this. Also, Brawl was announced at E3 in 2005, and at that time hadn't even started development, so were looking at a time frame of just over 2 years and that is assuming they started right at e3, which they didn't, they started several months after that point.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Wtf, i can't even quote... why i can't see any forum images.

Well whatever, i have read about this. That sakurai did say they haven't got all the time he wanted and that's why some characters got movesets identical to others... so clones.

For example ganondorf was going to be too much diferent, but they didn't have enough time.

I don't know if i'm explaining correctly (or my english is sucking again, but meh)

M.K

Level 55
Yoshi fan: How was Melee rushed? You have no proof for this. Also, Brawl was announced at E3 in 2005, and at that time hadn't even started development, so were looking at a time frame of just over 2 years and that is assuming they started right at e3, which they didn't, they started several months after that point.
It WAS stated that Super Smash Bros. Melee was rushed to meet deadlines, thus cancelling the inclusion of Snake and the reason for why we have clones. The fact is that the development of COMPLETELY NEW movesets was scrapped in favor of copy + paste sets. Brawl...shouldn't be rushed at least, I mean, it's probably already done.:ohwell:

ConnorF

Smash Rookie
You've played Brawl?

Also, Brawl was announced at E3 in 2005, and at that time hadn't even started development, so were looking at a time frame of just over 2 years and that is assuming they started right at e3, which they didn't, they started several months after that point.
Yes, it started development in October 2005, I believe.

Top Bottom