• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Ganon's WD is really short though, it doesn't look to useful unless you want to edgehog. I sorta main Ganon, I play Falcon more but sometimes I just pick Ganon to beat around some scrubs.

That's ironic lol, I didn't even see Bank's post before I wrote that. Time to watch Monk, later all.

Banks

Smash Hero
ganons wavedash yea but his waveland has many uses, and its pretty great for helping him move around less clumsily

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Gannon is the king on platforms, platform dashing makes him a speed machine, combined with his power it makes him like 2x better on say dreamland than on FD.

Banks

Smash Hero
i've never really played great ganon player, they are extinct lol

sensai should go mega-pro to fill the gap

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I play regularly with the best Ganon in California. That's including Ken. His name's Saint Patrick, look him up on youtube cuz he has a ton of matches. He is INSANE.

Banks

Smash Hero
yea i wouldn't doubt it, but living in maine i do not catch california people much. just isai and hugs when they come up to cataclysm

Zephyr

Smash Lord

xeno

Smash Ace
Moderated air speed: in Smash 64 the attack recovery/lag combined with the slow fallspeed made air battles "moderated" compared to melee. for most characters its tougher to attack multiple times in the air in melee without having a platform. so that was pretty fun, if it was like that it'd be cool^^. Sakuri knows what he's doing.

Banks

Smash Hero
if anything brawl will be a throwback to 64 and feel more like it. thats my prediction, also backed up by what u just said^

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Ganon has an infinite with his wavejab =p

I like Patrick's use of the Falcon kick. I hardly ever see that put to good use. I also like to see Peach get *****, because Peach is just lame.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I want to try Wkicking as a spike but it's so situtational that I'll never do it, my friends only 'safe' [as in never jump off the stage] edgeguard anyway, all I have to do is sweetspot the ledge and I'm back on the stage most of the time.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
A way to use Wizard's Foot as an edgeguard (which is not all that situational, to tell you the truth, it's pretty effective) is to jump up right near the ledge and do the move so that the move crashes you right into the ledge. It still spikes people below the ledge, which is pretty awesome.

Also, the only thing in the world more broken than Fox's up-smash is the 40% curve on my Calculus final. 0_0

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Thanks I never thought of that. I guess I'll own my friends with it next time I get a chance. When ever I play a character they say it's the best they've seen. To them right now I have the best Marth, ICs, Fox, Mario, Falcon, and Samus. It's pretty sad lol.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Gah, if I had a videocamera I could post some vids showing my playstyle too... I guess I'll have to compensate by showing my skill at Super Mario World. 'Cause, as we all know, Super Mario World and Super Smash Bros. are basically the same thing, right? *Shifty eyes*

Well, here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UncSz_EzDE

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Lol, I don't have one either so we are in the same boat. I was gonna ask my mom if she was ever gonna consider getting one but she was sleeping [when I went to ask her last night and she left this morning before I woke up] so I have to wait until she gets home today.

I also have to get a new computer and some video stuff so my videos are watchable [glare is really bad where my tv is so unless I make the vids at night it'll be impossible to watch].

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
The point being that captain falcon is the most awesome and manly character in the game and all the moves should be named after him. \m/

Sensai

Smash Master
The problem with the Wizard Foot is it's complete lack of priority. It can be used as a legitimite spike on some characters (Falcon comes to mind) but it's so easily beaten in priority...

Seriously. You can GRAB Ganon when he's Wizard Kicking.

SilintNinjya

Smash Apprentice
i know this means nothing to most people here...but its a beautiful move in 4ffa.

but it is kinda stupid that it gets stopped by some of the weakest projectiles in the game.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It doesn't work for me in FFAs, and I have to play FFAs all the time or stop playing smash. The only thing that works in FFA is being complete ownage [like me] or hide and seek. I lose stocks easier because I have to keep the scrubs from hiding.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
The problem with the Wizard Foot is it's complete lack of priority. It can be used as a legitimite spike on some characters (Falcon comes to mind) but it's so easily beaten in priority...

Seriously. You can GRAB Ganon when he's Wizard Kicking.
You can grab pepole out of anything whatsoever, as grabs have infinite priority.

RenX

Smash Apprentice
First off excuse my grammer it sucks. now to the point.
I'm so sick of everyone saying this game is going to suck, it will never compair to SSBM.
The only reason we think this way is because we took the game to the limits, has anyone in this forum sat down and put 4 comps on and hit play? My point is the game is what we make of it. I remeber when SSBM came out everyone was like its never going to be as good as 64, Has hal labs. made a few bad games yeah maybe but does anyone know how many games they have made yet, and one of the BIGGEST franchises Super Smash Bros. Now with all this Wave Dash This wave dash that, before we could wave dash it was still fun. Does anyone really think that Sak. Was like no we will just take out wave dashing we will make this game slower, What i believe he wants to do is to Make it more competitive for the Smash Comm. He knows that we play, The Incresingness of combos is going to make the game alot harder to play and with added content its going to live up to ssbm its prob going to be better then SSBM have some faith in the people that have created one of your favorite games.

i want comments aginsit this i want people to tell me that i have no clue what im talking about and when brawl comes out i will find you on this very forum...have a nice day ill be awating respones

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That was discussed a long long long time ago [notice this is the 171th page], I don't feel like discussing it anymore, maybe one of the regulars will. This is more or an off-topic thread at this point.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Like I said it's off-topic, we discuss whatever comes up, all someone has to do is post a one-liner that hasn't been overly dicussed and that becomes the topic. Read random pages past 100 to see what I mean.

Sensai

Smash Master
There's no way he could have known that though...

Check into the earlier pages of the thread for some actual discussion as to why the game will be ok or why it will be terrible. Still got comments/insights, we'll love hearing them.

And Shai: fine, you win. Haha. The point I was trying to move was that Ganon's Wizard Foot (and all his B moves except Up B, really) have terrible priority.

leechy9

Smash Cadet
well im not sure if nintendo can even recreate wavedashing. thats what im worried about, because ssbm has a weird momentum scale that was the first of its kind. which means that your characters actually have a set gravity and momentum rate and if it changes the characters may not be able to wavedash at all.

Another thing im worried about is if they use the motion sensitive controls. if they use that, then it wont b as fun i think cause i love playing with the gamecube controller.

all i hope is that they keep wavedashing and that they create a good controller for the game and that they dont use the classic controller or motion sensitive controller.

RenX

Smash Apprentice
i belive it will be using the gamecube controller cuz if ne of u have have played DBZT2 then u know iu can use the WIi mote or the gcc

leechy9

Smash Cadet
wow that is definitely a relief cause i really dont want to use the wii mote, its not good for fighting games really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom