• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banks

Smash Hero
or better yet, you should go to a big tournament and meet / play all the people in the videos. pound 2 in maryland should have everyone, ever...

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
If wavedashing is out, then luigi just plummets down to bottom teir, and me likey the green man. And I don't think Nintendo would want to do that to their mascot's brother?

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
or better yet, you should go to a big tournament and meet / play all the people in the videos. pound 2 in maryland should have everyone, ever...
Meh, just couple of good players
PC
Shiz
Forward
Dope
The Law
Fonz
Onyx
Redd
Mathos
Th0rn
Azen
DSF
Aho
KM
Husband
Ace Marth
Mew2King
KeepSpeedN
Inferno Omni
Chinesah
Chillin
Kaiser GL
Killa Fox
KDJ
Tink
Kirbstir
DoH
Wife
Tope
Meep
DosV
Cactuar
KishPrime
AlphaZealot
Hova
G-regulate
Doll
Chu Dat
Plairnkk/raftbuilder
XIF
ChozenOne
Cort
Brookman
Drephen
Hayato
Black Hayato
Busham
Watty
Wobbles
Taj
Special K
Bum
The Avarous Sage
Vist

the list goes on..
No big deal though, it's just your average tournament

That took a little while.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
If wavedashing is out, then luigi just plummets down to bottom teir, and me likey the green man. And I don't think Nintendo would want to do that to their mascot's brother?
Not sure why you decided to post this, but there's some blatant ignorance to a simple fact of life that I couldn't pass up--characters will inevitably change, for the better or for the worse.

Banks

Smash Hero
Meh, just couple of good players
PC
Shiz
Forward
Dope
The Law
Fonz
Onyx
Redd
Mathos
Th0rn
Azen
DSF
Aho
KM
Husband
Ace Marth
Mew2King
KeepSpeedN
Inferno Omni
Chinesah
Chillin
Kaiser GL
Killa Fox
KDJ
Tink
Kirbstir
DoH
Wife
Tope
Meep
DosV
Cactuar
KishPrime
AlphaZealot
Hova
G-regulate
Doll
Chu Dat
Plairnkk/raftbuilder
XIF
ChozenOne
Cort
Brookman
Drephen
Hayato
Black Hayato
Busham
Watty
Wobbles
Taj
Special K
Bum
The Avarous Sage
Vist

the list goes on..
No big deal though, it's just your average tournament

That took a little while.
LMAO plz tell me you didn't type that out.

they have a list in the thread

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I played some of those fellows at INN V. Shiz and Kish 3-stocked me, but I took some games from Chozen.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Sounds like fun, I'd kill for that kind of experience. I like playing people with different playstyles. The only playstyle I get to play against is scrub.

The Director

Smash Lord
This topic has gone a bit off course since the beginning of the thread, but to answer the original question: no! Not at all! I have no doubt in my mind that Brawl will not suck! It's going to be awesome.

If Brawl sucks, God hates mankind. There's no other way to put it.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Ya I kind of dont live anywhere near Maryland. :laugh:

I'm content smashing in Canada though, believe it or not the people on top of our power rankings (Vwin, Bam, Chet) are all PRETTY darn good smashers. Ill catch up someday! :laugh:

Banks

Smash Hero
I've played vwin or bam, they were at vesticle and did very well in teams. I only played one of them in a friendly, but i did play jarc in the tournament.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think I'll try to find tournaments when I go to college, that way I don't have to spend money on airfare and accomodations, it perfect! =)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I've played vwin or bam, they were at vesticle and did very well in teams. I only played one of them in a friendly, but i did play jarc in the tournament.
Meh. I can beat Jarc. I actually beat Bams CF once in a friendly after being down 4-2 stocks, that was epic. Things like that give me hope.

I aint arrogant though in a tournament situation Bam can 3-4 stock me no problem, but I think I can take down Jarc, I havent played him in awhile but he claims to be worse than this guy Damax who isnt even ON the PR's and im like 70% confident I can beat Damax....

I challanged him on msn saying I thought I had a shot to beat him and he got really pissed and was like

PUT 50$ ON IT IN A MONEY MATCH THEN.

I was like dude i dont have that money, I just wanna play for fun but I want you to try your best because Ill be trying mine, and if you dont give me your best I doubt you'll beat me.

Then he invited Jarc in an jarc was all ''Damax >>>> me if you think your better than him than you're better than me'' blah blah blah smash drama.

screw it, Ill let my skills do the talking at the next Biweekly and see whats what, ive been practicing a lot.

Banks

Smash Hero
i beat jarc, he plays jigglypuff and i play sheik, so yea.

I didn't get around to playing the other canadians, sadly.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
i beat jarc, he plays jigglypuff and i play sheik, so yea.

I didn't get around to playing the other canadians, sadly.
LOL same matchup. Cept I beat him fox vs his medicore DK. (unfair) But I also beat him shiek vs jiggles (his main)

Do you main shiek banks? We should exchange vids sometime, I plan to make 10-20 shiek videos for analysis this thursday and post em here for tips.

He talks a big game, says he beat PC with his jiggles lol. Ties it in to PC being tired though, obviously. PC is elite.

Apparantly Bam and Vwin are up to par with some of the better american smashers though so If I can reach their level (and I will, Im determined) than I'll have a shot at bigger smash gatherings when I have money to go to the states for them.

Anyway Jarc is on our power rankings. Im grabbing that spot as soon as I can, I want on the eastern canada PR's so badly.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
You know, Dylan, OC3 may be happening in San Diego. This also happens to be the place where I live. If it does happen, I expect to see you there so we can play.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
yea dylan i main sheik, the only vids of me are semi-old ill send you them in a pm
Cool. Look I trust your opinions on smash you seem reallllly knowledgable, a bit moreso than me because youve played with pros that I havent had the chance to play with.

So Ill get a few matches up on youtube thursday/friday and PM them to you.

If you can give me tips as a shiek main, id really appreciate it. The people in character specific give me crap advice

''tilt more'' wtf does that even mean. These people dont understand that smash is about reacting to your opponent and doing what works in a given situation, not going into the battle with a set list of moves in mind and doing them. That makes you predictable, that means you have no mindgames and cant react, that means you lose.

Banks

Smash Hero
i find that most people in character specific just spam to up post count by giving generic advice. even i have done so. but i wish i had some vids of myself from recently, i got loads better in general, there is a tournament im going to this weekend maybe they will record, but pound is definitely going to tape a vast majority of stuff so ill probly get something outta that. sadly i dont have my own vid equipment.

Sensai

Smash Master
I completely forgot about the matches I recorded a week or so ago. Here, lemme give you a link to two or three of them...

Moogle (Sheik) vs Sensai (Ganon): I get my *** handed to me. Gotta show you one where I get owned just for humility's sake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H9GR4Qvkl0

Coach (Peach) vs Sensai (Ganon): A better match up, and a more typical game. I'm usually not quite as bad as the first one up there shows I am.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDCI_2OF8_E

Solitaire (C. Falcon) vs Sensai (Ganon): My favorite match I've ever played. You'll see why. Not typical of me or him at all, mind you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt8hoTQA82o

If you wanna see anymore matches, there's a link of a lot of Youtube on this page, at the bottom of the page. Like, last post. Any comments/suggestions/criticisms are welcomed in entirity.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81996&page=56

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Dylan, I don't main shiek, but I'd still like to see those videos when you get them up. Maybe I'll comment if I feel qualified to say something useful XD.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
SENSAI!!!! LMFAO you got a volcano kick on camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're now officially my hero. :laugh:

Your matches seem a little.. erm.. slow. Your ganon is nice though mindgamey I liked the waveland backwards to wizardfoot on corneria..

whos ''Muffin'' though, that is the slowest fox playing I have ever seen T_T

Moogle has an .. ok.. shiek. Was really good in that yoshis story match, really bad on the acid level.

I dunno I dont know much about ganon. Not bad matches at all though I enjoyed em, they just seemed slow to me is all, pick up the speed is the only suggestion I can give, and i need to take that advice myself ;)

I require an answer, mortal.
not gonna let me go eh >.> Hmmm well Ill see what I can do but I have no car :(

Make no mistake though if its at all possible id love to attend and smash with you man, you're awesome.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
HAHAHA

Why on Earth would you drive down to SD, California from EAST CANADA!?

Little thing called a plane ticket for hardcore smashers, buddy. >_>

It'd be awesome if you could come. I might even be able to house you.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Oh ****, Its late at night and I spaced on SD's location. I drove to Florida once with my dad and.. id.. never do it again.. such a long ride.

haha, we'll see dude. One day :)

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Off topic: wanted to point something out in a Newsday review of Super Paper Mario:

"In certain spots, you'll play as Princess Peach...Mario's brother Luigi...and as Bowser the dragon, who can vanquish enemies with his fiery breath."

Bowser the dragon? :/ Any review that doesn't come out of a mag like GI or EGM or something like that disappoints me because...it looks so unprofessional. It seems like the writers hardly know what they're talking about. Maybe they don't.

On topic: Sensai, I probably don't have to tell you this, but in your first match you simply missed too many aerials and left yourself open to shiek's quick air attacks. Especially those bairs, gotta be careful with those. There were a couple of times where you rolled and you shouldn't have chanced it. Also, it wouldn't have hurt to hit your opponent once a grab during the chaingrabbing, the extra damage is always helpful.

I hope I didn't sound too vague there, I don't play Ganon but the person I play against most does, so I like to think I understand Ganon's playstyle XD.

I'll edit/post again as I see the other two matches or think of anything else to say. My comp's being really annoying though, so I might not post for a little while. Basically, 10 min after startup my computer turns into a really laggy Kaillera match. It gets to the point where I press the shutdown button (without having done anything on the comp, just turned it on, waited 15 min, then tried turning it off) and it takes 20 min to shut down :mad: . Hopefully I can get this fixed soon.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Lol, Dylan were you typing with my keyboard? My cap locks were on, seriously rofl.

I'm still on vacation from school, it's al good, although it starts back next week, those ***holes.

xeno

Smash Ace
1) Wavedashing is awesome. Hope the new fastrolls dont replace it.
2) Just say the name again. Wavedashing. See? It is awesome.
3) I hope Brawl is DIFFERENT then melee and smash 64, but more complicated then melee. Meleev2 would actually be quite boring if you think about it. Online play of MeleeV2 would just be smash melee.. without the tournaments and face to face interaction.
4)"air speed is moderated" concerns me. the speed required skill. if it just means characters are more floaty and they fights are more.. anime style with people triple jumping before clashing, that'd be fine by me. but hundreds of milliseconds to see an attack coming = suck.
5) My favorite things about both games so far is they are open ended and free. You have to "phreak" or make up your own combos to win.. there's very little "tap this butto nfor a combo".
6) special super attacks are not fun for the defender. play any average fighting game and you'll see why.
7) special super attacks are hilarious. but not fun.
8) did anyone else like the item set and item functinoality of the first compared to the second?
9) zero suit samus is uninspired. sheik is inspired.
10) metaknight is a flying marth meets fox. sweet.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, what were they thinking when they made those super move items...
And about the moderate speed... It looks like Sakurai realized the game was getting too competitive, and tried to make it more like a party game, so the main target audience (kids) would find it easier to play.
However, if Brawl turns out to be bad, there's always Melee waiting for us.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
SENSAI!!!! LMFAO you got a volcano kick on camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're now officially my hero. :laugh:

Your matches seem a little.. erm.. slow. Your ganon is nice though mindgamey I liked the waveland backwards to wizardfoot on corneria..

whos ''Muffin'' though, that is the slowest fox playing I have ever seen T_T

Moogle has an .. ok.. shiek. Was really good in that yoshis story match, really bad on the acid level..
Moogle has an awesome Sheik. It's hard to tell how good a Sheik is from watching a video because you can't say stuff like "ZOMG he just did a triple shine to waveshine off the edge!!!11one"

Sensai's Ganon seems pretty good. Solitaire's CF seems pretty terrible.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I lol'd when Sensai's friend SD'd on Yoshi story, I never SD [on purpose], ever ever evar!!! I've made come backs from 1 stock, I may not have won but I put up a fight and made sure people knew what is what.

I also lol'd at all of the missed knees, I swore Sensai was gone when he was recovering on FD and his friend kneed him but didn't sweet spot it.

Banks

Smash Hero
Well hopefully brawl DOESNT suck because if it does, yea we can still play melee, but the new people coming into the community will be lower and lower and we will find ourselves a community of 30 year old men and tournaments will look ****ed up with a bunch of old dudes in about five years. LMFAO v_v

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Plus the scrubs that would be the big winners in the (hypothetically) ****ty Brawl would probably get all arrogant and suggest melee isnt as good, smash without wavedashing is for pros, etc.

Sensai

Smash Master
Like I said, those matches aren't typical at all, except for that match against Coach.

Moogle's Sheik is actually pretty good, so far as I can tell. Not like tournament winning good, but Moogle's probably one of the top 20 players in the South (he's #5 in AL, MS, AR, and TN). I play much better against his Fox.

And Muffin is kinda like...a friend who was my gateway to advanced techs. He hasn't really tried to keep up. But you're right, Dylan, when he and I play, it look like....****, honestly.

And it's difficult to be quick with Ganon. I mean, I can waveland more, but other then that....bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom