• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Get that ****ing quote out of your signature NOW. And technically, shiek CAN squeeze in 2 grabs at 0% till marth is at about 15% as I learned. Not a chaingrab, but still, and if the marth ****s up even slightly you can grab him a third time. I know now if you DI upwards and use a fair or forward b you can get out of it.

But hey, why don't you insult me for all eternity over one mistake I made, AND owned up to.

So I guess your ''DYLAN OMG DONT INSULT FOX TROTTING UR SO DUMB'' mistake should serve to insult you for all eternity aswell?

No, you made a mistake and I'm willing to let it go. Are you man enough to do the same? Or are you going to be an immature little prick?

And no, if don't think you're allowed to have a siggy that insults a specific board member, hence why I complained about it. We'll see what the MODS say about it. Jerk.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Ha ha, I go play Sonic and the Secret Rings for an hour talk to the gf for 20 min and I'm totally lost. I tried to skim it but yeah, mostly just foxtrotting stuff for 4 pages.

I will at least temporarily go back to topic; what's everyones opinions on the new airial combat that's supposed to be implimented. personally I think a slight slow down in speed would be fine if the arial stuff gets amped, since it gives a whole new level of playing (well we do arial now but its supposed to be better in Brawl).

Anyone afraid of the arial combat (besides air throws that was talked about) making the game worse, or are you with me and say bring on the new game mechanics?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Aireil gameplay is already pretty huge in melee. It could be tweaked slightly, I really wont know unless I see it. As long as it doesn't screw with the ability to make people fall off the stage by making everyones recovery and jumps super high I welcome a cool new aeiriel combat system, although I dunno how they're gonna go beyond the nair bair fair uair and dair... we'll have to see.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Get that ****ing quote out of your signature NOW. And technically, shiek CAN squeeze in 2 grabs at 0% till marth is at about 15% as I learned. Not a chaingrab, but still, and if the marth ****s up even slightly you can grab him a third time. I know now if you DI upwards and use a fair or forward b you can get out of it.

But hey, why don't you insult me for all eternity over one mistake I made, AND owned up to.

So I guess your ''DYLAN OMG DONT INSULT FOX TROTTING UR SO DUMB'' mistake should serve to insult you for all eternity aswell?

No, you made a mistake and I'm willing to let it go. Are you man enough to do the same? Or are you going to be an immature little prick?

And no, if don't think you're allowed to have a siggy that insults a specific board member, hence why I complained about it. We'll see what the MODS say about it. Jerk.
Considering you mocked me for several pages about something where you were 100% in the wrong, I will not let it go. My "mistake" was posting a response to something on page 24 without reading your subsequent qualifying posts first. You can sig it if you want but it's not going to prove anything.

And it's clear you haven't let it go either. You're still trying to justify your ignorance by claiming Sheik can chain Marth to 15, which she can't, as if that were even equivalent to your claim of 0 to 100+ in the first place.

I'm signing off now. Since this thread will probably have another 10 pages by the next time I log in, which I won't feel like perusing, this is likely the last you'll see of me.

And the sig isn't an insult. It's a quote, made by YOU. If it reflects badly on you it's your own **** fault.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Considering you mocked me for several pages about something where you were 100% in the wrong, I will not let it go. My "mistake" was posting a response to something on page 24 without reading your subsequent qualifying posts first. You can sig it if you want but it's not going to prove anything.

And it's clear you haven't let it go either. You're still trying to justify your ignorance by claiming Sheik can chain Marth to 15, which she can't, as if that were even equivalent to your claim of 0 to 100+ in the first place.

I'm signing off now. Since this thread will probably have another 10 pages by the next time I log in, which I won't feel like perusing, this is likely the last you'll see of me.

And the sig isn't an insult. It's a quote, made by YOU. If it reflects badly on you it's your own **** fault.
I hate you so much.

I really, do, honnestly hope you get a horrible disease. And that your parents get it too, and that your house is knocked down by a huricane, and you get ***** in the *** by a bear.

Im not kidding, if the above mentioned events happened, it would make me smile.

If you're EVER in my area, or I in yours, I'll money match you for as much as you want, noob. I'll take your bank account and your gamecube, what do you say? You seem to think you're so much better than me, so hell itd be nice to 4 stock you.

Then again, if I met you in real life, Id have trouble not breaking your teeth into your face, so maybe for your own safety it would be a good idea to never, EVER come to montreal you redneck.

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
Lay off each other. Jeez.
Could someone elaborate on the new aerial combat? I'm kinda out of it because I've been more focused on other stuff.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Whooaah there Dylan!!! What happened to your resolution to be nicer?

Anyways, how do you get so many posts?

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Aireil gameplay is already pretty huge in melee. It could be tweaked slightly, I really wont know unless I see it. As long as it doesn't screw with the ability to make people fall off the stage by making everyones recovery and jumps super high I welcome a cool new aeiriel combat system, although I dunno how they're gonna go beyond the nair bair fair uair and dair... we'll have to see.
Yeah like I said, it's important now, but it will be cool to see the gamebreaking combos when the moves link together even just a lil better in the next game. I do hope a lot of fucss is put into the arial stuff to make sure it's not too floaty. Although it will probably be floatier (if thats not a word, it is now), I hope they don't go too crazy with it. Personally, I think it will be interesting to see what they do (if anything) with airdoging to counter that.

Edit: Zerosin: It has bin brought up by the designers and whatnot that Brawl will have a more intense arial combat system. Speculation of slower games speeds because of that, but also more techniques that are best used to set up air combos.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Whooaah there Dylan!!! What happened to your resolution to be nicer?

Anyways, how do you get so many posts?
He's attacking ME. by MAKING UP THINGS. And he jumped on the ONE mistake I made about shiek vs marth. (not that it matters, I'll shiek vs marth him anyday and win) and made it his SIGNATURE.

I'm so ****ing pissed I don't even know what to do, ****ing internet, worst thing about it is you cant reach out and strangle jerks like this guy. This ****ed my entire night up, I need to go punch a baby deer and have a smoke before I continue posting or I am literally going to break my computer in half.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Well, I hope they just improve aerial combat with abilities. I hope they don't wealen ground play in the process. Maybe people will be less vulnerable in the air.

Oh god, how I wish to try to forcefully stop the flaming, but alas, that is the mods job. Just one hint, Dylan_Tnga, cursing helps satisify the opposing person in an argument, and gives them a sense of winning. Also, Shai Hulud, everyone makes mistakes, although that one was powerful at least.

edit: oops, this was for post #405

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Shai is SO god**** anal retentive. I've been making an effort to stop being arrogant, and continue to offer my knowledge to the community.

YES I do know a LOT about melee. I made one mistake about shiek vs marth because of my marth friends bad DI. His marth is average at best and i shouldnt have based my opinion off that. I was hasty to assume shiek could chaingrab marth because I did it to my friends average marth, and because shiek counters marth on the counter list, I figured the ''chaingrab'' was the cause, I was wrong.

But despite my efforts to be nice, he comes in, provokes me, puts the only melee related mistake I made IN HIS SIGNATURE. and insinuates I was insulting people who fox trot, when I said NOTHING of the like.

Shai, you had to MAKE UP opinions that you claimed I had to insult me. You're a fake, I bet you're an eaaaasy 4 stock in melee too.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I hate you so much.

I really, do, honnestly hope you get a horrible disease. And that your parents get it too, and that your house is knocked down by a huricane, and you get ***** in the *** by a bear.

Im not kidding, if the above mentioned events happened, it would make me smile.

If you're EVER in my area, or I in yours, I'll money match you for as much as you want, noob. I'll take your bank account and your gamecube, what do you say? You seem to think you're so much better than me, so hell itd be nice to 4 stock you.

Then again, if I met you in real life, Id have trouble not breaking your teeth into your face, so maybe for your own safety it would be a good idea to never, EVER come to montreal you redneck.
No matter what you say, this is going too far Dylan. NOTHING someone can say on the internet should provoke condmenation on someone. You should work out your anger problems dude. I side with you on most everything you say, but the way you say it makes you seem like such an a**, that people don't even consider your posts as useful information, but just provocation. If your going to argue, do it without making it personal.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
I see a lot has happened since I've been away. Dylan, ease up man. I know you're pissed off and stuff, but don't flip out and get banned because you know that is what he wants. I'm not taking any sides or anything, but it isn't worth it.

Just have another smoke and take a walk or something. Got a punching bag or something?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The guy attacking Dylan deserves it, did anyone ever stop to think HE is the one that needs anger management? Dylan owned up to his mistakes, including flaming and falsifying [lol is this a word?] facts which takes guts to do especially on the internet where everyone thinks they don't have to own up for ****.

Then there's some kid, probably has no friends, that can't let go one little mistake. Seriously, if that guy has friends they must be real dam tolerant. If I ever knew someone THAT immature I'd have to restrain myself from punching him in the face.

P.S. Yes, I get into fights once in a while, I win some and lose some but who cares?

EDIT: I keep making grammatical errors, spelling errors, and just plain leaving out words. Good think this isn't Nsider forums.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm with GAW (we usually agree, don't we?) on this one, Dylan. Y'know you're my man, but seriously. That's a little far. Flaming is all good fun and everything, as it IS in fact a forum, but making threats like that and giving off the impression that you honestly want physical or mental harm to come to someone is just...wrong, mate.

Wolfblade: I saw you said you were playing Sonic and the Secret Rings. How is it? I'm trying to figure out if I'd like it. For help (if you choose to respond), I haven't liked any other 3D Sonic game. Haha, I'm a tough cookie.

As for the aerial combat....that is the one part of Brawl I'm worried about. I fear it might end up being closer to DBZ then Melee, which would just suck ***. If everyone jumped like Falco, height wise, then I'd be cool with it, but hopefully incredible freeze frames and/or DBZ-esque elements are not part of this equation.

[Edit:]

Exodus brings up a point: Dylan did own up to his mistakes like a man. Chastising him for this isn't just uncool, it's almost dishonorable. Everyone in this entire thread needs to calm down, and kick back. Follow Dylan's example of trying to cool it. No, I'm not saying let people walk over you, but seriously...everyone: mellow out.

So, jeah. I don't agree with what you did, but I can see where you're coming from. Tone it down a little so a mod won't come in here and own things up by closing down the thread and passing out bans like it's 1969.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I'm with GAW (we usually agree, don't we?)
Haha, I noticed that too.

And Dylan, I apologize if I was a little harsh, you did own up to your mistakes, but I have had close family inflicted with "horrible disease", and I would not wish that upon anyone. I guess I just took some offense to that. But I still have to say I think people would respect your posts a lot more if you just kept the attitude down a little.

EDIT:

You didn't like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Sensai? I clocked 140 hours on that game, the majority of which was raising those Chao things. Man, great times. But anyways, I'm not getting secret rings. I just don't see anything good in it.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Yeah, the family stuff was over the edge, but the guy pushed him after Dylan was pushed for, what? This whole thread? He hasn't really caught a break from some of these guys. It just shows how immature they are, at least Dylan can change and has changed. They just can't change at all.

That's trolls for ya.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Dylan, I'm on your side here. Just yeah, try and calm down a bit. I know this guy practically gave false testimony about you, but still, keep the flaming at level 1.

I'd be upset too, so don't think we're against you.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Thanks for sticking up for me. Red exodus brings up exactly what I was going through. I am a bit of a jerk on forums, but goddamit I respect this game and I want to change my ways.

Then this jerk comes back, and not only does he have a quote of the one slip up I made in his signature, he actually decided to make up some make believe fantasy world where I shun foxtrotting as a noob skill when really I use it all the time, and was discussing it intelligently without flaming ANYONE.

I dont honnestly want anyone to get a disease, but man I was really really annoyed. I shouldnt let him get to me but im stressed as **** with homework, and like 4 people attacking me in ogame.

And honnestly I'm going to be annoyed if he's allowed to keep that as his signature, I made a mistake so now it has to be immortalised in every post the guy makes? Jesus christ what am I lucifer or something? How is that a valid signature, I find it insulting and I figure if I ask a mod to ask him to change it that would be a justified step. (and I have already done so)

I don't get it I get such STRONG reactions from people, before I deserved it but I cant even post a polite critique on foxtrotting without this mysterious team of people ranting at me.

I wonder if they're tr0lls specifically created to drive me nuts? /paranoid

So with that said lets move on. Im not breaking my word on being a nicer person on these forums, but I was being provoked.

mark.

Smash Journeyman
sorry to say, halud can have that as his sig :/, its like freedom of press. as long as he doesnt put ^oh this guy is such a noob lawlZ, then i think its okay. its a ghay n0by thing to do, but sadly its okay.

and you did call me a noob after i stated that a dd' land fakout would work better than a single pulse walk. and said "LOL you shouldnt be taken seriously" after i said that stuff about foxtrotting. mean! *crys in corner*

and i changed the subject! IT CHANGED BACK?!?!

but still, agree on something, flaming goes nowhere.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Sensai:

I'd warrent givin Secret Rings a rent just in case. But don't be fooled by the slow start of the game (go through like 6 training things before gettin to the actual game). Once you gain a few levels and get some new skills you will love it.

I'm a speed junkie, so as soon as I unlocked the "Speed Break" technique, I creamed myself. With the speed break in place you will go faster than any game ever!... or at least faster than any game I've played.

It feels like the old Sonic games, and there are a **** load of fun party games too. So rent and see for yerself.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
woah, sonic can upgrade??? im definitely getting that game. as soon as i get fifty bucks. ...or wait, is it just like the others, with finding special items to give you new techniques? still, going faster than normal...sounds like greatness.
My dad watched me do the speed break and I think he almost puked from motion sickness. There are lots of updrages to yer movement and whatnot that you can only attatch if you have a high enough point value. It's pretty cool.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
and you did call me a noob after i stated that a dd' land fakout would work better than a single pulse walk. and said "LOL you shouldnt be taken seriously" after i said that stuff about foxtrotting. mean! *crys in corner*
Meh, I like you so I'm not going to get pissed that you just did exactly what the other guy did in saying I insulted fox-trotting. You're making stuff up man.

mark said:
sorry mario-man, but if i use fox i use dashdancing more than wavedashing for fakeouts.
but, you can move with dashdancing if you dashdance in one direction, and its faster than running. called, a foxtrot.
me said:
LOL. Dashdancing in one direction? hahahhahahahahahah. Good luck being taken seriously.
Dude, see you didn't say

mark said:
a dd' land fakout would work better than a single pulse walk
You said something about dash dancing in ONE direction, which is why I laughed at you.

Riddle me this : how do you dashdance in one direction? That's not foxtrotting, fox trotting is dashing the full legnth of your dash, but not going into the run animation. Entirely different, dash dancing is canceling your dash by going back and forth, hence ''dance''

Anyway, Im pretty sure you understand that you seem competent, but you worded it badly. So I hope that clarifies things. Don't try to slip things past me my friend, I'll always catch ya in the act :laugh:

EDIT : Oh my god! halud is being forced to change his siggy to something that isnt insulting me as per my request. I take back whatever I said about the staff here, you guys rock.

Owned Halud, owned.

dizzy

Smash Journeyman
Whether or not foxtrotting and dashdancing are "variations" of the same technique is completely irrelevant. Either way, foxtrotting and dashdancing are definitely related, because both make use of the properties of the initial dash animation to create movement patterns that can't be emulated simply by running.

That said, the dashdance and the foxtrot should be used in conjunction for full effect, and it's not just for characters like Fox and Falcon. Even a character like Sheik can benefit from intelligent use of the foxtrot. I'll explain:

The dashdance, as you know, allows you to change direction at will. This is significant because being able to weave in and out of the opponent's attack range is one of the best ways to bait the opponent to attack. The drawback to the dashdance, however, is that you can only dash so far in one direction before you transition into the regular dash animation, at which point you can't quickly switch directions anymore.

Here's where the foxtrot comes in. The foxtrot's main function isn't to achieve higher running speed; its main function is to extend the range of the dashdance. Say you're dashdancing, and you want to retreat quickly to a different area of the stage. If you just run backwards, you lose your ability to turn back around. Your retreat may be successful, but it'll take longer before you can go back on the offensive. But if you foxtrot backwards, you can turn around again whenever you like.

An application: for instance, if you are Sheik, and Marth is jumping at you, Sheik's relatively small dashdance might not be enough to get out of Marth's ridiculous melee range. If you just run backwards, you escape his attack, but it'll take longer before you can counterattack. So instead, you foxtrot to get just outside Marth's attack range, and then you immediately turn around and jc dash grab.

Then you chain grab him from 0% to 100% lollercoastr!!!!11 (just kidding, Dylan :lick: )

... Yeah, anyway. So basically, don't necessarily ignore the foxtrot just because you're not Fox. I mean, if you're Luigi, foxtrotting is pretty much a lost cause, but if you're someone like Sheik or Roy, it still has plenty of uses. Play with it a little, see if it helps at all.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Dylan, you have a serious problem. You let this thread dissolve into personal attacks, mostly incited by you, conciously or not. When others point them out, you put them down instead of owning up to your mistakes and restoring your image in the eyes of this community. This forum is not about what you've been doing, it's about everyone getting their say on what they want or are concerned about for this game. If you don't want to talk about that, leave. Since I don't want to talk about that, I'm leaving this area after this post. I apologize to anyone who feels that I'm stepping on their toes, especially Mic_128 and McFox, but I felt that this need to be said. If Dylan doesn't stop with this ridiculous behavior, I will take it up with him elsewhere and crush him debater-style.

That said, I'm not worried at all about Brawl potentially being bad. This is Sakurai we're talking about here, the guy who made a huge impact with BOTH of his Smash Bros. games. I think we can trust him to do the same with a third. And if it does suck, I'll just keep playing Melee. Done.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Zephyr, actually Dylan did own up to the ONE mistake that he made. Most of the people in this thread are on his side. There may be one or even two that are not.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Dylan, you have a serious problem. You let this thread dissolve into personal attacks, mostly incited by you, conciously or not. When others point them out, you put them down instead of owning up to your mistakes and restoring your image in the eyes of this community. This forum is not about what you've been doing, it's about everyone getting their say on what they want or are concerned about for this game. If you don't want to talk about that, leave. Since I don't want to talk about that, I'm leaving this area after this post. I apologize to anyone who feels that I'm stepping on their toes, especially Mic_128 and McFox, but I felt that this need to be said. If Dylan doesn't stop with this ridiculous behavior, I will take it up with him elsewhere and crush him debater-style.
Oh yay another one of you guys. You should make a club. Get the **** off my back, and get the **** outta my thread. Alright, thanks.

I COULD spend time taking your opinions on my ''serious problem'' apart but why bother.

I will say this though

You let this thread dissolve into personal attacks
Are you implying that the creator of a thread is responsible where it goes, despite the free will of the members who choose to reply to the topic at hand? Yeah I thought so. Let's just ignore this guy and move on.

well... one more

but I felt that this need to be said. If Dylan doesn't stop with this ridiculous behavior
Actually I was also man enough to admit to being an arrogant jerk. Something not many people would be willing to do. And as you can see by my recent posting style (ignoring my responses to halud, who went out of his way to provoke me) I've taken a more relaxed attitude in my discussion of the game I love so much.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dizzy : Very nice post indeed. I never foxtrot with my shiek, but maybe I could find some uses for it, Usually I just dashdance my way into a dash grab. I usualy tech chase with wavedashes, guess where he's gonna go and go in with the dash grab, but aside from dash-grabs I don't foxtrot with shiek for anything else.

I'll check it out...

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Ah, so you did own up to your mistake? Cool then. I was operating under false assumptions. My bad, and my apologies. I do think that your posting could be a little less aggressive, though; it's easy for people to take offense to it. But that's your thing.

dizzy

Smash Journeyman
Dylan, you can't pretend you didn't set yourself up for this. You started the thread as a rather complete *******. You pissed people off. Naturally, they'll want to pick at every false step you make. It's silly, but hey, so were you. You've admitted that your attitude could use improvement, so laugh off the rude commentary and move on with your life. People will forget about it and do the same.

As for everyone else who's still jeering about "lol he thought sheik can chain grab marth" or whatever, you're not helping. He apologized. If he ever makes more false claims and comes off as a douchebag again, then yes, you have every right to make fun of him, but as it stands you're beating a dead horse. Move on with your life, please.

dizzy

Smash Journeyman
Actually, as human beings, nobody has any right to make fun of anybody.
Oh, sure we do. There are people who I'm allowed to make fun of as much as I like because they know I don't mean it seriously. But there's a line that should be drawn. When people start getting offended, things get ugly.

mario-man

Smash Lord
If they know you're kidding, I don't consider it actually making fun of them. It's more like joking around with them.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Nah, see forget that politically correct bull****, humankind loves conflict. cmon... you know deepdown you all enjoy a good argument.

KoopaKoot

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really nervous about Brawl sucking. I trust that Sakurai and his team will make a great game, however I doubt that it will be better than the best Gamecube game. I'm not great at Melee unfortunately. :( I can wavedash though. Wavedashing is not a glitch. It's an advanced movement made possible with the SSB physics engine. CVS2 roll cancelling is a glitch, that's why It was removed in the GCN and XBOX versions. If wavedashing was a glitch, wouldn't it have been removed in the PAL version which came out a lot later than NTSC?

If Brawl does suck (probably won't) The pro's at melee will still have melee.
If wavedashing is removed, there will still be advanced techniques for pros to use.
One change I would like to see is some balance between characters.

BTW what would the tier list look like without wavedashing? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom