• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intensezkramer1993

Smash Cadet
Yeah I was wrong about the shiek vs marth thing. Wayyy wrong. I'm NOT a scrub so Im not going to complain about that. I was wrong, and an idiot, but unlike smashchu I'm the kind of person that will admit hes wrong and try to be less of an idiot.

Yeah, ok I've been playing this game 3+ years, mastered all my techs, and could beat almost half of the people at the tourney on saturday, and I won a money match. But I'm a noob... riiiiiiiiight. I'm not the best player ever but I'm FAR from being a noob.

Nice try though, unless you guys are as good as the high calibur players Bam, Vwins, Chet, Testrider, Vodka and the like I think Id stand a chance to at least take a few stocks off ya or even win.
You may not be a noob in Super Smash Brothers Melee, but you are one in flaming people. That was the point I brought out in my long post. Some things should be straight out instead of being complex. I feel this way. I can't say I'm a noob though, I've played WAY too long to be considered a noob. I've nearly mastered Wavedashing, mastered techs with as many as three characters, and still haven't been seen in one tournament. Do you think I'm good? No, obviously not if you haven't seen me play. I will just feel that unless you have PROOF you can beat somebody, then someone can believe that you do have the ability to knock stocks off a professional. The point? Well, two. Some people can't say things about other people unless that person has evidence that it's true. The other is that some people can't only be noobs in video games, but in other things.

Does this mean anything to you, or am I wasting all this time typing?

Well, more on Brawl, I think I'll like that Pit character. I have played the old game, and would like to get good with him.

Does this mean anything to you, or am I wasting all this time typing?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I've nearly mastered Wavedashing,
Just by that we can tell you're not very good. My friend who didnt even win one round in the tournament wavedashes perfectly, sorry dude. Not trying to insult you but yes not being able to perfectly wavedash would be a good indicator of your skill since wavedashing is among the easiest things to do in the game.

intensezkramer1993

Smash Cadet
Just by that we can tell you're not very good. My friend who didnt even win one round in the tournament wavedashes perfectly, sorry dude. Not trying to insult you but yes not being able to perfectly wavedash would be a good indicator of your skill since wavedashing is among the easiest things to do in the game.
Well, some videos I've watched with professional battles don't ALWAYS Wavedash. They also use other prime factors, such as mind games and teching. These I think are the prime factors to being declared good at Super Smash Bros. Melee. If you also read, I've mastered teching, which is one of the prime factors to being good. I don't feel that I'm not good just because I'm not perfect at wavedashing, actually the only reason I stated that because I'm being honest. Sometimes I do screw up while performing a wavedash. I sometimes accidentally put up my shield or roll instead of wavedashing. I feel the two factors I stated are really all required to being good. Well, there is more that I haven't stated that I don't feel like stating.

Well, anyway, I think if Brawl gets rid of some of my favorite characters, I will not be buying it. I think some characters are too great to just get rid of. The best thing I hope they don't get rid of is Wavedashing.

Ikural

Smash Journeyman
It is extremelly easy to do.
I spend 6/8 minute timelimit wavedashing around like an idiot with luigi when im in my school tourneys.
it would get me annialated in anything almost good but it is fun and takes almost no skill.
its just fun because there are less then 5 people at my school that could be a lvl 5 let alone me or someone good.
I apply it when im actually trying(not with link[because i havent found a great use for it YET]) and it is extremely easy
even shuffling is easy and if you cant do those... your not worth fighting.
Sorry but it is the sad truth.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't seem like you would be able to do anything "strategic" with crawling. But then again...I haven't looked at all the possibilities...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Well, some videos I've watched with professional battles don't ALWAYS Wavedash. They also use other prime factors, such as mind games and teching. These I think are the prime factors to being declared good at Super Smash Bros. Melee. If you also read, I've mastered teching, which is one of the prime factors to being good. I don't feel that I'm not good just because I'm not perfect at wavedashing, actually the only reason I stated that because I'm being honest. Sometimes I do screw up while performing a wavedash. I sometimes accidentally put up my shield or roll instead of wavedashing. I feel the two factors I stated are really all required to being good. Well, there is more that I haven't stated that I don't feel like stating.

Well, anyway, I think if Brawl gets rid of some of my favorite characters, I will not be buying it. I think some characters are too great to just get rid of. The best thing I hope they don't get rid of is Wavedashing.
You're right. Wavedashing is nowhere near the most essential skill. I'd say perfect L cancelling, and by relation SHFFLING are.

Wavedashing is not the most important thing but being able to exceute it flawlessly and most importantly implement it properly is the mark of a good player.

I used to sometimes flub wavedashes and roll or shield, but with time that just fades, keep at it Im sure you'll improve, you seem to have a good attitude :)

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
I'm worried that crawling will screw things up. I don't know why I just do.
Doesn't seem like you would be able to do anything "strategic" with crawling. But then again...I haven't looked at all the possibilities...
There are a few concepts in Brawl that are hard to chew at the moment. We can't say for sure if crawling is useless or not. We're making some (some, not all) unwarranted assumptions due to our varying expertise with Melee.

Sensai

Smash Master
I think that crawling could actually become the most broken thing in the entire game. A mobile crouch-cancelling? GTFO.

I play Ganon. I don't really need to WD, unless it's mindgames. Yaaaaaaaaaay Ganon! Ganon is 95% mindgames, 5% tech skill, and that's why I like him. Not 'cause I'm bad but rather because I believe mindgames is more important then tech.

intensezkramer1993: Welcome to the boards. Sorry that you had to step into probably one of the more violent threads on the site.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Yeah, crawling is confusing... I guess it could be useful for like shiek since she ducks so low, or snake, to crawl under a missile spamming samus player? Easier than wave-shielding thats for sure, and you wont eat up your shield. Thats one use I can think of. (I always duck samus missiles with shiek and other low ducking characters)

Ganon rules for being able to punish shield grabbers with a shffled fair on the shield, right into a nice electric jab to the face. By far my favorite ganon move, his neutral A.

Ganon is one of my characters that I play half decently. His wavedash is slightly useful, but oh man if you dont platform dash with ganon on platforms, you're missing out on some heavy mindgames, platform dashing with ganon makes him SO much faster than he should be \m/

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
intensezkramer1993: Welcome to the boards. Sorry that you had to step into probably one of the more violent threads on the site.
First off, what he said.

I think that crawling could actually become the most broken thing in the entire game. A mobile crouch-cancelling? GTFO.

I play Ganon. I don't really need to WD, unless it's mindgames. Yaaaaaaaaaay Ganon! Ganon is 95% mindgames, 5% tech skill, and that's why I like him. Not 'cause I'm bad but rather because I believe mindgames is more important then tech.
That'd be freaky, mobile crouch-cancelling. But, could that make Brawl truly suck? Mobile CCing would screw some ppl over (e.g. Roy), but you can find some way around it. It'd be worse if you could grab straight out of a moving crouch (something I'm not encouraging, BTW).

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
We'll have to wait and see how it gets exploited. You were never able to grab out of a crouch in melee so I hope it's not so in brawl, kind of sounds easy to abuse with not much skill required.

I guess none of us are going to want to crawl towards peach... oh the pain of dsmash...

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Just read the title of this thread, and I'll definitely say "ME!"

I've been nervous about that since, well... probably since the first trailer and first bits of news from Sakurai around that time. Sorry, just wanted to get that out of my system. I'll go back and read more, and contribute in more depth later on probably.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Just read the title of this thread, and I'll definitely say "ME!"

I've been nervous about that since, well... probably since the first trailer and first bits of news from Sakurai around that time. Sorry, just wanted to get that out of my system. I'll go back and read more, and contribute in more depth later on probably.
ahah I can understand you skipping through the thread. Im suprised at the ammount of responses I got in this thread, mostly because I was inciting flame wars though. Meh Im bored of fighting though so you wont see me going off on people anymore.

dizzy

Smash Journeyman
We'll have to wait and see how it gets exploited. You were never able to grab out of a crouch in melee so I hope it's not so in brawl, kind of sounds easy to abuse with not much skill required.
You can actually jc grab from a crouch cancel... though in most situations like that, you might as well have shield grabbed instead. Less damage for you, less time for the opponent to escape. :x

Ikural

Smash Journeyman
you cnat grab out of a crouch but if you can shield out of one...then you can shield grab.
if there is even shield grabbing in brawl.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
you cnat grab out of a crouch but if you can shield out of one...then you can shield grab.
if there is even shield grabbing in brawl.
if you're talking about Brawl, glad to see you are playing it.

if you're talking about Melee, I'm confused.

up+Z = grab out of crouch

intensezkramer1993

Smash Cadet
Yeah, thanks for the welcome. I didn't know Melee conversations could get so violent. Well, I'm actually going to stay on topic, and not argue on who is better at Melee. That is what we call "Flaming". Please read the rules. Anyway, here is my fourth post: Nice and long.

My thoughts on Brawl:

Glitches in Brawl: Brawl is going to have glitches just like any game. For example, Microsoft has made games that do glitch, such as Project Gotham Racing 2. That game has MANY glitches to it, and the same goes for Halo 2. Brawl will have something in it that no one will know when it first comes out. I mean, Melee, for example, didn't have any KNOWN glitches when it first came out, but later, it did.

The characters: Oh, for god's sake, please have some originals that I use! I don't think I'd use Zero Suit Samus; she's kinda pushing it; and even Metaknight, who I feel, is kinda ********. He looks stupid, flies, and is a replica of Pit. I mean, what the heck? Well, anyway, the character I really interested in would have to be Pit, who really does have some cool moves. He sounds like a faster Marth who flies, and that is awesome. Wario looks like a gay character to put into Brawl; Nintendo should focus him more on mini games. Now, I noticed Fox. He looks like a total *** in this game. They should have him look more like how he did in Star Fox

The courses: They look cool. I noticed that they threw in Metaknight's ship, which looks pretty cool. The character: stupid. The course: cool. Anyway, Fox's ship, the Arwing, or the Wolfen (Sorry can't remember) looks like a cool course. The scenery is nice; it's all outer space like.

In a way, it sounded like I was totally negative about the game, but I wasn't. From my view, the game will do well. None of us don't know at least ONE of the hidden characters or courses in Brawl, so none of us have a clue as if the game will be good. To illustrate: Imagine you were to pick from two different cars. They both looked totally different; one was a total piece of garbage, and the other was a Sports car of you're dreams that you know everything about; from the engine to the interior. One thing though; you are not allowed to look inside any one of the cars. Of course you would pick the Sports car of your dreams, but what if the piece of garbage wasn't a piece of garbage? What if it actually was faster than that Sports car? What if it's interior was much nicer? What if it was BETTER than the Sports car? We could either choose between Melee; a game we all know and love; or Brawl, a game that most of us think could be a piece of crap or something better than Melee. Melee is that Sports car, something that everyone knows from beginning to end, and Brawl is that piece of garbage, something that no one knows what on earth it is, until we get more insight on it.

Sorry everyone for my long posts, but I like to speak my mind.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, thanks for the welcome. I didn't know Melee conversations could get so violent.

Glitches in Brawl: Brawl is going to have glitches just like any game. For example, Microsoft has made games that do glitch, such as Project Gotham Racing 2. That game has MANY glitches to it, and the same goes for Halo 2. Brawl will have something in it that no one will know when it first comes out. I mean, Melee, for example, didn't have any KNOWN glitches when it first came out, but later, it did.

The characters: Oh, for god's sake, please have some originals that I use! I don't think I'd use Zero Suit Samus; she's kinda pushing it; and even Metaknight, who I feel, is kinda ********. He looks stupid, flies, and is a replica of Pit. I mean, what the heck? Well, anyway, the character I really interested in would have to be Pit, who really does have some cool moves. He sounds like a faster Marth who flies, and that is awesome. Wario looks like a gay character to put into Brawl; Nintendo should focus him more on mini games. Now, I noticed Fox. He looks like a total *** in this game. They should have him look more like how he did in Star Fox

The courses: They look cool. I noticed that they threw in Metaknight's ship, which looks pretty cool. The character: stupid. The course: cool. Anyway, Fox's ship, the Arwing, or the Wolfen (Sorry can't remember) looks like a cool course. The scenery is nice; it's all outer space like.

In a way, it sounded like I was totally negative about the game, but I wasn't. From my view, the game will do well. None of us don't know at least ONE of the hidden characters or courses in Brawl, so none of us have a clue as if the game will be good. To illustrate: Imagine you were to pick from two different cars. They both looked totally different; one was a total piece of garbage, and the other was a Sports car of you're dreams that you know everything about; from the engine to the interior. One thing though; you are not allowed to look inside any one of the cars. Of course you would pick the Sports car of your dreams, but what if the piece of garbage wasn't a piece of garbage? What if it actually was faster than that Sports car? What if it's interior was much nicer? What if it was BETTER than the Sports car? We could either choose between Melee; a game we all know and love; or Brawl, a game that most of us think could be a piece of crap or something better than Melee. Melee is that Sports car, something that everyone knows from beginning to end, and Brawl is that piece of garbage, something that no one knows what on earth it is, until we get more insight on it.

Sorry everyone for my long posts, but I like to speak my mind.
Haven't I heard this analogy used many times? Oh, that's right...I have. My father wore that one out...

But anyway, Brawl is going to be a beautiful piece of garbage.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Nice example there intensezkramer1993. It really is kinda like that. We don't have any idea what we're talking about although almost everyone here thinks they do. (including me)

intensezkramer1993

Smash Cadet
Actually, I just made that analogy up right now. I had no idea your father likes to use analogies. Anyway, I can say, at this point, Brawl will be a piece of garbage.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
Nice example there intensezkramer1993. It really is kinda like that. We don't have any idea what we're talking about although almost everyone here thinks they do. (including me)

So no one else knows what they are talking about? Can't speak for everyone, bro.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Do you own the game Justin?? Is it sitting inside your Wii at this exact moment waiting to be played?? I don't think so!!! the only things we have to go by are very vague descriptions of Brawl from the makers. So none of us really know whst we are talking about.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
Do you own the game Justin?? Is it sitting inside your Wii at this exact moment waiting to be played?? I don't think so!!! the only things we have to go by are very vague descriptions of Brawl from the makers. So none of us really know whst we are talking about.
I wasn't referring to what was going to be or not going to be in Brawl. The way I understood your post..it made it seem like you were saying we are all idiots.

Haha, seriously though..calm the **** down. Breathe

It amazes me how serious people can get on these forums. I can just imagine some of you typing. Red face, wide-eyed...It's a little weird, but I don't know. Is it me? Am I too mellow?

Anyway, to make you happy. No we don't know what we are talking about when it comes to Brawl. There you go, Timmy.

hahaha....

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
(I wonder if anyone remembers me? o.o)

Hi everybody. Back from a biatus here. I see a topic about Brawl sucking because wavedashing might be removed. And I know one thing for sure....

IF WAVEDASHING IS REMOVED, IT WILL NOT MAKE BRAWL SUCK!!!!

For goodness sakes, I can't stress this enough. Okay, how many of you wavedashers thought Melee sucked BEFORE wavedashing was discovered? Very few if any.

Just because wavedashing is removed will not make Brawl suck. We can't just please the pros. Otherwise, we would only have 5 characters, no items, and one flat stage. How many people truly want ONLY those?

Justin

Smash Apprentice
(I wonder if anyone remembers me? o.o)

Hi everybody. Back from a biatus here. I see a topic about Brawl sucking because wavedashing might be removed. And I know one thing for sure....

IF WAVEDASHING IS REMOVED, IT WILL MAKE BRAWL SUCK!!!!

For goodness sakes, I can't stress this enough. Okay, how many of you wavedashers thought Melee sucked BEFORE wavedashing was discovered? Very few if any.

Just because wavedashing is removed will not make Brawl suck. We can't just please the pros. Otherwise, we would only have 5 characters, no items, and one flat stage. How many people truly want ONLY those?

Tell that to Dylan. He is the main one who doesn't want wavedashing to be taken out. I don't care either way. Yes, I use wavedashing...big part of my game, but that's not what fills up my win column. So I will play Brawl regardless of whether wavedashing is in or not. Take out shffling though, and thats another story...

mario-man

Smash Lord
Justin why would I try to make it sound like I was an idiot?? Wouldn't that be idiotic?!! lol

Don't worry, I was not at all upset or anything like that. I'm not like that at all!!!!

Justin

Smash Apprentice
Justin why would I try to make it sound like I was an idiot?? Wouldn't that be idiotic?!! lol

Don't worry, I was not at all upset or anything like that. I'm not like that at all!!!!
I wouldn't put it past you...

just joking, amigo. You're cool man...no worries.

intensezkramer1993

Smash Cadet
I wasn't referring to what was going to be or not going to be in Brawl. The way I understood your post..it made it seem like you were saying we are all idiots.

Haha, seriously though..calm the **** down. Breathe

It amazes me how serious people can get on these forums. I can just imagine some of you typing. Red face, wide-eyed...It's a little weird, but I don't know. Is it me? Am I too mellow?

Anyway, to make you happy. No we don't know what we are talking about when it comes to Brawl. There you go, Timmy.

hahaha....
lol, I know what you mean. Some kids take things VERY far. I mean, I think I saw at least 3 pages going on about if Sheik can chainthrow Marth. Now, it's about Wavedashing.

I can imagine kids like you said almost like this when typing:

Sorry, couldn't find something with wide eyes bulging out. Google images only offers so much. lol

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Tell that to Dylan. He is the main one who doesn't want wavedashing to be taken out. I don't care either way. Yes, I use wavedashing...big part of my game, but that's not what fills up my win column. So I will play Brawl regardless of whether wavedashing is in or not. Take out shffling though, and thats another story...

I don't care either. Hell, I've defeated people who wavedashed and got *** kicked by ones who don't. I guess the pro-wavedash for Brawl are like the stereotypical Christians.
(And I'm a Christian btw)

They're intolerant of other's respects and opinions. It's one of the reasons I favor the anti-wave-dashers over the pro-ones

Justin

Smash Apprentice
lol, I know what you mean. Some kids take things VERY far. I mean, I think I saw at least 3 pages going on about if Sheik can chainthrow Marth. Now, it's about Wavedashing.

I can imagine kids like you said almost like this when typing:

Sorry, couldn't find something with wide eyes bulging out. Google images only offers so much. lol

No, I'm imagining their faces something along these lines...

^That's my friend that I play smash with everyday...well almost everyday. He is a trip let me tell you...

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
GreenKirby, if you're a "Christian", then why are you cussing.
We're not perfect. And we (level headed Christ followers) know that. But I apologize. I leave for 2 months and come back to find people still think Brawl will suck with no wavedashing. It's sad.

Ikural

Smash Journeyman
Im a christian too... and i swear SOO much.
i dont find it to be a sin.
a made up word to express yourself
O NO!

And no one wants just five characters and a flat stage.
battlefield is a great stage!
and with only 5 characters, there would be no variety.
the extra crap stages like icicly mountain could be removed.
I dont give a **** about those.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
How about this one....I dont really know what your talking about but this may better fit the description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom