• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else hates the fact that they used the Command Fox?

Zodiac

Smash Master
I had to get used to it but, yes melee fox is much much better in design.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
I hate it. He looks hideous. I would've taken the awful Assault design over this.

Seriously. He has a forehead the size of the Berlin Wall, his ears don't even look like Fox ears, his muzzle's too short, his eyes are too big, and what the heck is up with his butt? O_O

They should've used his design from Adventures. That was when all the characters looked their best.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
I hate it. He looks hideous. I would've taken the awful Assault design over this.

Seriously. He has a forehead the size of the Berlin Wall, his ears don't even look like Fox ears, his muzzle's too short, and what the heck is up with his butt? O_O

They should've used his design from Adventures. That was when all the characters looked their best.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
...Sorry for the double-post above. I tried to edit my post, but it won't let me for some reason, so I had to post the modified message over again. >_<

Darkslash

Smash Master
I like Command Fox Better. Wolf Already got Cartoonized before Fox. And I like Command Fox better than Melee Fox. Lucky us they didn't use real Wolf. No Awesome Eye peice :(

Heflito

Smash Cadet
Personally I like the Brawl costume the best, it's like the classic costume but updated, also I dodn't really pay that much attention to the facial detail as some people appearently, caus' the only difference I noticed awas his costume.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I like his new look a lot. There's just something about it that I can't pinpoint. All in all, the spacies got cool new looks.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
As long as it wasn't Assault Fox... good God...

But, he's really not Command Fox either... he's like a brand new look. He's not nearly as cartoony as Command, yet not as serious as the Melee version- tho bad@$$, the look didn't really fit him. I think this look is a good mix, and Wolf and Falco look even better.

Granted, though, I still believe Starfox Adventures had the best and, in my mind, most accurate depictions of all of the characters besides Falco. He had a really, really tiny head for some reason.

D1

Banned via Administration
I guess I'm the only one that likes this Fox design?

(Didn't look at the other posts btw >_>)

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I guess I'm the only one that likes this Fox design?

(Didn't look at the other posts btw >_>)
I love this fox design.

Why are people so picky about Brawl. The game is done lol stop whining now and just accept it. Also preferences are preferences, not everyone's can be satisfied...things do grow on you though. :)

D1

Banned via Administration
I love this fox design.

Why are people so picky about Brawl. The game is done lol stop whining now and just accept it. Also preferences are preferences, not everyone's can be satisfied...things do grow on you though. :)
Word...and wtf.

Don't you have class now? When can we play Brawl in teh cafeteria? I brought the Wii, but I'm the computer room.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
I love how Fox has a different appearance in almost every game. I think it's time to post the comparison image.

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
Up untill now... (lol) I liked the design of adventure fox the best. But when I saw this fox I changed my mind. The Brawl fox is the best fox Ive ever seen! I love it.

It irritates me when people make threads like this one because its like, who agrees with me that this sucks or that sucks. Since you can do absolutely nothing about it, I dont know why you'd make such a thread.

Anyhoo, I like the appearance of most, if not all of the characters.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Why did someone revive this old topic???

Anyway, my main problem with the costume is not the outfit, but Fox himself. His head is my main problem, it's too bell like, not realistic, and his ears are way too small. Fox has always had big fox ears, but in Command, they cut them down, and he kept the look in Brawl. Also, Fox in Brawl if you look closely is a little chubby. Fox is a soldier, he is supposed to be lean and fit.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Fox is a Mercinary not a Soldier. He's like 30 years old. He's a Pilot. He doesn't look fat :p Its his shirt :p
No, it's his pants that make him look fat, he has fat thighs, and I know he isn't a true soldier, but he always runs under General Pepper and the military. In 64, he is only 18, so he's not that old... maybe in his mid 20s by Assault.

Darkslash

Smash Master
No, it's his pants that make him look fat, he has fat thighs, and I know he isn't a true soldier, but he always runs under General Pepper and the military. In 64, he is only 18, so he's not that old... maybe in his mid 20s by Assault.
Actually 8 years passed between 64 and Adventures which makes him 18 at SF64, 26 in Adventures, 27 in Assault and 30ish in Command

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
I hate the costume they used in Command, all of them. They had to dumb down the characters to work on the DS. So why use them when you got better versions from the Gamecube? Both the Assault and Adventure costumes could have made him look much better than what he looks like. In Melee they even used the Fox we all know, so why use the dumbed down version, just because it is the latest game in the series.
I suggest you fight with emo fox to fully express yourself.

/fun

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
I've read this topic long ago, and I'd like to say that at first, I wasn't too keen on the design, and would have rather seen his "Assault" look.

But, like many other people in this topic, I've grown to really like it! :grin: I think it's the best-looking version of Fox to date (though he does look a little cutesy because of the "Command" influence).

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
I still fail to see how this tight pants wearing gumdrop-head is the best Fox design ever. -_-:

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
I agree, but what can you do. Whats done is done : /
that reminds me of that line from Macbeth which i just saw with my english class yesterday.
"What's done...cannot be...undone."
i must say, i was dissapointed when i first saw Brawl fox. the shape of the head is almost bunny-like. Adventures fox is ok, pretty close to melee, but Assault fox is the coolest. I'm also not a big fan of that eye-piece thingy Fox has in Brawl.
They did a good job on falco though. I was happy when i saw his Brawl incarnation.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I still fail to see how this tight pants wearing gumdrop-head is the best Fox design ever. -_-:
It's simply because Sakurai made it, and people being the sheep they are have to say how great everything the guy makes.

What's funny is if the next guy who does SSB, if Sakurai doesn't do it, does more fan favorites, then everyone will throw away Sakurai and only credit him for making it, and will praise the new guy.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I dunno why but then Sakurai or Miyamoto said Alot of People hated Real looking fox so they went with assault style wolf head. I really have no idea why People hate command fox but then those same people Love Assault and Command Wolf. :dizzy::confused:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It's simply because Sakurai made it, and people being the sheep they are have to say how great everything the guy makes.
. . . Or maybe they actually like it. :ohwell:

I, personally, hated the way Fox looked in Brawl when I first saw him. The design has grown on me and now I love it. That seems to be the case for most of the people who like the Brawl design now.

Maybe some people aren't just Sakurai's sheep. Maybe other people just have trouble accepting change. . . .

Slaysya

Smash Cadet
I actually like the way he looks, I used to be fond to the Assault. But I think the Command will be a bit better.

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
The brawl version is the best version out of all of them I hope they use the brawl version for the rest of the star fox series.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice

What's funny is if the next guy who does SSB, if Sakurai doesn't do it, does more fan favorites, then everyone will throw away Sakurai and only credit him for making it, and will praise the new guy.
dayum. so many similarities so the works of william shakespeare. that's just like in Julius Caesar where he kills pompey and they're all like "YAY CAESAR!" then they kill him and everyone's like "YAY BRUTUS!"
nintendo fans = fickle romans?

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
I do like Melee Fox better though, Command Fox looks more bulkier though <_<. There isn't too much you can do about it though, They decided to go with Twilight Princess Link and Ganondorf. I'm fine with Link, but Ganondorf is rather, yeah >_>.

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
I like fox in assault, and the blaster from assault, and Krystal in assault

Top Bottom