• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else hates the fact that they used the Command Fox?

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
From the neck down, I think Fox looks fine. But I'm not sure what it is, but I just don't like the way his facial structure looks. Still, I think his overall design is good, so I won't complain.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
the Adventures one is better than the Melee
Agreed. He may not have had a blaster or that lame head thing, but he was at least the best-looking one in terms of visuals.

And besides, even if it' the Command Fox's HEAD they're using, at least it's not huge anymore, that, and he's got the best get-up he's ever had in Smash Bros.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I thought Melee Fox looked more like a dog than a fox personally...

I like his Brawl look, its more Fox McCloud to me. But yeah, this one seems to be a love it or hate it. I can only imagine the uproar heard throughout if Krystal ends up having a Commandish look also though... :psycho:

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
I guess it's above average to me, not perfect, but I wish they could've used his Assault costume. >_<

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I thought Melee Fox looked more like a dog than a fox personally...

I like his Brawl look, its more Fox McCloud to me. But yeah, this one seems to be a love it or hate it. I can only imagine the uproar heard throughout if Krystal ends up having a Commandish look also though... :psycho:
In the event that Krystal does get her Pink Monster from Command as her outfit, there is at least the option of color swaps to fix that (and with every character getting around 6 costumes this time, no one will have to be pink if they don't want to) so I no longer see too much of a reason to worry about Krystal.

And since I've seen Fox's head about 209374598230 times since his new model was revealed, I've grown to like it. I think all the people who still think it looks weird will warm up to it after a while, like I did.

And if not, then more Fox for the rest of us.

BreakBones

Smash Cadet
well what they are obviously doing is making fox more 'humanoid' by making his ears smaller(less noticable) head more like a humans going up instead of forward, and feet well..those are pretty much human feet..aside from the fact that he's wearing clown shoes(metal-boot-things) which is starting to piss me off with these gaming company's making all their characters wearing clown shoes. but thats beyond the point, this is just seeing what kinda fox u like if you like him more looking like a human its great, but if u like him looking like a fox then it's worse(IMO i don't like it, I like him looking more like a fox, especially since he's still a fast character. Which is why I think he should have those more animal-like feet.)

orintemple

Smash Lord
well what they are obviously doing is making fox more 'humanoid' by making his ears smaller(less noticable) head more like a humans going up instead of forward, and feet well..those are pretty much human feet..aside from the fact that he's wearing clown shoes(metal-boot-things) which is starting to piss me off with these gaming company's making all their characters wearing clown shoes. but thats beyond the point, this is just seeing what kinda fox u like if you like him more looking like a human its great, but if u like him looking like a fox then it's worse(IMO i don't like it, I like him looking more like a fox, especially since he's still a fast character. Which is why I think he should have those more animal-like feet.)
I agree, I like his old model better. This one makes his face look weird. He is more badass looking but he looks too mean.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
What fox do you know who can fly aircrafts? What fox do you know that can speak? What fox do you know that can walk on two feet? It goes on. Of course he has human attributes. Everyone complaining will just have to learn to deal with it, because its not going to change. Just my 2 cents.

I think people need to focus more on the positive aspects. You'll enjoy it better.

BreakBones

Smash Cadet
What fox do you know who can fly aircrafts? What fox do you know that can speak? What fox do you know that can walk on two feet? It goes on. Of course he has human attributes. Everyone complaining will just have to learn to deal with it, because its not going to change. Just my 2 cents.

I think people need to focus more on the positive aspects. You'll enjoy it better.
my point was they're making his attributes more noticeable, of course it's all in opinion though I do like how he will probably be able to fit in as a character in a fighting game with humans., I like how he looks as a Fox a lil better :)

Classic Yayo

Smash Cadet
I actually like the new fox, the overall look makes him look more intense and raw. Some of the pictures I've seen from Brawl when he has the flames all around him he looks crazy, which is what I think they were going for. When you think of fox, you think of crazy speed and shines and his new look totally encompasses that.

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
Does it matter? Honestly? He still looks bad*** to me.

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
I like his commander clothes
with the eye thing and everything
and now he actually has a reflector
it's sweet!
and he seems to do more flips,.. he's almost like a ninja

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
lol he is a ninja!
First I didn't like Fox's brawl look until I saw him in action.
His figther stance has completely changed!
OMG Fox is a total badass!!

Kiyoru

Smash Cadet
A friend of mine says he looks like a badger >___>

his head looks weird and his ears are different. Apart from that, he's cool :3

Igneous42

Smash Ace
at first I hated it but I've warmed up to it a bit. However I still think an Assault look would have been best.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
To respond to the title, I do. The Assault version would have been so much better.

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
The thing about Brawl Fox that freaks me out is his eyes. They just look WEIRD. Assault Fox looked cool though. But Melee is the Fox I know and love/loathe.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Melee Fox had those fat ugly teeth that looked wierd. Like bite your head off, but cute as a bab puppy at the same time real-IT DOESN'T WORK! Melee Fox was a ugly thing, and that is FACT! Look at him-his teeth looks all wierd, especially close up. Aside from that-his Melee look is amazing.

However, Brawl Fox based off Command is the s***. Assault Fox's teeth are even worse then Melee Fox's, and his vest looks ugly. Everything else is good, though. Glad they used Command Fox, as it was the coolest loooking one. Assault Fox ENTIRE FACE is just a ugly abomination, and I swear the graphics were worse in that game then Adventures. His Adventures look was good-but again, those teeth are friggen ugly. Get them cut off Fox, no one likes them, and you'll never use them in battle, EVER! You aren't FRIGGEN WARIO!

The Brawl Fox doesn't look like a brutal, stupid, barbaric Fox like in Melee and in Assualt. That bugged the crap out of me. Falco always looks BETTER AND BETTER, AND SUPER AWSOME AND COOL but Fox..bleah! Falco's look always fits his personality, and it toook Brawl-the first game since smash 64 and Star Fox 64 to really make a look based off his personality, which changes in the later periods of the Star Fox series.

Well...Adventures he looked nice, but again, his teeth sticking out like he's bucktoothed or something bugs the CRAP OUT OF ME for some strange reason. Other then his face, Melee Fox was the s***. But Brawl Fox...there is no denying his awsomeness. He looks like a real, intellectual, smart, strong, and fast space animal, specifically a space fox. It's a huge improvement, and it fits his new moveset. And I'm glad as a Melee Fox main that I don't have to look at that ugly f***ing grill. That always bugs the crap out of me. And the fact that they made his face look real and everything-it blows me out of the water everytime I look at it. Fox's look FINALLY FITS HIS PERSONALITY! And no more overly large, hideous, and horrible (graphically, too)-looking grill. THANK SAKURAI! :)

courte

Smash Lord
Regarding the Great Fox

Regarding that BERTHA!!

Is there any artwork that displays it's elegance, while keeping intact it's size, imposing presense, and makes it not look like the BOXY BEAST that it is??

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I just wish his ears were abit bigger/longer. Other then that I don't mind

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Melee Fox had those fat ugly teeth that looked wierd. Like bite your head off, but cute as a bab puppy at the same time real-IT DOESN'T WORK!
Look at him-his teeth looks all wierd, especially close up.
Assault Fox's teeth are even worse then Melee Fox's.
His Adventures look was good-but again, those teeth are friggen ugly. Get them cut off Fox, no one likes them, and you'll never use them in battle, EVER! You aren't FRIGGEN WARIO!
Well...Adventures he looked nice, but again, his teeth sticking out like he's bucktoothed or something bugs the CRAP OUT OF ME for some strange reason.
And I'm glad as a Melee Fox main that I don't have to look at that ugly f***ing grill.
And no more overly large, hideous, and horrible (graphically, too)-looking grill. THANK SAKURAI! :)
Wow. You REALLY focus on teeth. That was the one thing you continuously brought up about every iteration of Fox. I just find it interesting, since I never gave them a second glance. In Melee, he had his mouth closed more often than not, and in all the other games. . . I don't know, I just never minded. The bell shape of Brawl/Command Fox's head was the only thing that ever really bothered me.

Glad his chompers are to your liking now though. :)

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Uhh... who cares aabout what he looks like?
The people who are big fans of Fox and use him all the time? The would have to look at him
most, after all.

I dunno, he just doesn't seem as serious and intense as before. (Maybe because his default expression is a smirk instead of a serious expression) But his new outfit is pretty sweet. Except for the ridiculously huge toes on the boots.
I dunno, Fox seems to have a different outfit/appearance in every game.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wow. You REALLY focus on teeth. That was the one thing you continuously brought up about every iteration of Fox. I just find it interesting, since I never gave them a second glance. In Melee, he had his mouth closed more often than not, and in all the other games. . . I don't know, I just never minded. The bell shape of Brawl/Command Fox's head was the only thing that ever really bothered me.

Glad his chompers are to your liking now though. :)
I guess it's a pet peeve of mine! :laugh:

@ poster above
See! It's the same thing, but with better boots. And the red scarf instead of looking kinda cool looks totally AWSOME! :)

Phred

Smash Journeyman
I guess it's a pet peeve of mine! :laugh:

@ poster above
See! It's the same thing, but with better boots. And the red scarf instead of looking kinda cool looks totally AWSOME! :)
You don't like teeth that are just a texture on the inside of his mouth?
Anyways, here's a thing I saved from a guy who edited the image of Fox to look more retro.

I'm not sure about everything, but downsizing his head and boots makes him look a lot better.
And putting fingers on his gloves. It's weird that he just has furry fingers with no claws/fingernails.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
they are staying true to their original, unique designs. i like it MUCH better.

Top Bottom