• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else hates the fact that they used the Command Fox?

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I hate the costume they used in Command, all of them. They had to dumb down the characters to work on the DS. So why use them when you got better versions from the Gamecube? Both the Assault and Adventure costumes could have made him look much better than what he looks like. In Melee they even used the Fox we all know, so why use the dumbed down version, just because it is the latest game in the series.

Also, the thing I noticed that make him look weird is his ears, they are too small. Fox has large ears, not small ears, only in Command does he ever have small ears...

Command Fox

Brawl Fox

Melee

Adventure

Assault

Now tell me which ones look better, and don't just side with Sakurai...

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Yes, he looks stupid, the other outfits are much better, I hope they don't use the Command outfits for any other SF character they include, especially Krystal.

Florida

イーグランツ
For some reason, I really like the look of the Command Fox.
I'm glad that they sort of mixed his look between his different games.

I think Brawl Fox looks amazing. I personally like it more than his Melee look.

I can't understand why people are so bent up on photo realism for Fox. And in my opinion, adventures Fox looks fairly hideous to me. BTW, commanf Falco does indeed look awsome.

burrito

Smash Lord
It's a mixture of Fox's looks, it's not just "command fox".

As for Fox's assault look, it's cool and all, but I don't really think it fits fox.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
It's a mixture of Fox's looks, it's not just "command fox".

As for Fox's assault look, it's cool and all, but I don't really think it fits fox.
If you look at the original SNES Fox, it looks closer than Brawl's.

I'm all for the photo realistic fox, but make him look more like the original and not the newest version. I just think they could have done better.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
I think Brawl Fox looks amazing. I personally like it more than his Melee look.

I can't understand why people are so bent up on photo realism for Fox. And in my opinion, adventures Fox looks fairly hideous to me. BTW, commanf Falco does indeed look awsome.

Yes, I love Brawl Fox as well.

Brawl Fox has the traditional costume that has almost always been used, so don't be an idiot. White jacket, rolled up sleeves, red scarf, green jumpsuit, metal boots. Actually, it's not even the Command Costume at all if you want to get specific about it.

Command Costume has:
1. Sleeves that are not rolled up (Brawl Fox has them rolled up)
2. No gloves (Brawl Fox has gloves)
3. Lime-Green cuff lining (Brawl Fox doesn't show cuffs)
4. Gray metal boots (Brawl Fox has Red metal boots)

Brawl Fox costume is the exact same as Melee Fox's, except for the colored palm-only gloves and the differently colored boots. The boots are actually colored red as a contemporary fusion of the Assault Fox's red boots. The only true costume costume changed happened with Assault Fox, as he got a totally redisgned costume. Adventures Fox just had no sleeves, but still has the same traditional costume though.

BRAWL FOX DOES NOT HAVE A NEW COSTUME. HE JUST HAS NEW BOOTS.

Stop complaining already, jeez. Fox looks much better than he ever has before in my opinion. The smaller and differently shaped ears just accentuate his Nintendo-ness. Mario is an italian plumber, but that doesn't mean he has to have REAL nose and a REAL furry moustache. Fox is just stylized to LOOK like a Nintendo-styled vulpine character, which is why I love his new look.

GOTM

Smash Champion
i actually kind of wish they used the assault fox. he looks kinda raw. other than that, im not playing fox once brawl comes out anyway so i dont really care....=/

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
I agree that Assault and Adventures (adventures is the best in my opinion, although that outfit wouldn't fit in Brawl move-set-wise) look better, as do the larger ears, the smaller ones just don't look right for some reason.

But there is really nothing to be done about it.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
I actually really like the Brawl Fox, though I'd prefered Assault Fox over it but I still like it, in fact the one I didn't really like was Melee Fox, I'm glad they changed it

spindash

Smash Ace
Brawl's Fox definitely looks better then Melee's version, but I would have liked it if they made him look like his assault look.

Either way, Fox is still one wicked character. Gotta love him...

My god. I can't believe people are STILL talking about this. XD

True Fool

Smash Ace
I like Brawl Fox's costume better than Melee Fox. I could go either way on the dimensions of his head, as long as he keeps the scouter.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
I like Brawl Fox's costume better than Melee Fox. I could go either way on the dimensions of his head, as long as he keeps the scouter.
You just want him to say "ITS OVER 9000!!!" don't ya :laugh:

Akashic

Smash Rookie
I really like what he looks like in Brawl it looks so much better than Melee and SF Command..

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I don't really mind how he looks. He's still Fox and that's what's going to keep me playing as him.

About his looks? Nintendo just had to keep him current. Just look at Link. What if they kept OoT? What if they did WW over TP? TP was the best choice because he had to be current.

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
The brawl outfit is fine. I don't see anything bad about it. His assault one would be the awful one for Brawl >_<

Viroxor

Smash Ace
My favorite look on Fox is probably Assault, mostly because the colors seemed to fit, and the sharp teeth were totally ace.

As for Falco, I could have done without them using his 64 look in Melee. Frankly, his best appearance by far is his biker gang member look in Adventures, during his five seconds of presence. Second is the flight suit in Assault, that was pretty cool. Still gotta go with the sunglasses-sporting version, though.

JellyJiggler

Smash Cadet
The clothing for the Brawl version is cool, though his face looks rather strange sometimes in the updates, especially whenever he shows his teeth...

Oh well. I still like it.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Fox's head is kinda abnormally huge, but whatever. He's still the awesome Fow I know and love
No it isn't. If anything, his Brawl design has the smallest head yet.

His original SSB design though...you'd think he suffered from hydrocepalus.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
I think his Brawl look is awesome.

I've always hated his Melee look and the advenutre look is...ew =P

Assault looks awesome too but just doesnt fit Fox's personatlity And besides, his Brawl look is a mixture of 64 and Command :D

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
The Star Fox: Assault one looks like he has a big nose. Mouth. Snout. Thing.

Well, he IS a fox.

I think the Star Fox: Adventures one is the best looking one, but it looks too much like the Melee one.

They needed to make him look like he's from the current game.

I personally don't care what he looks like because Fox is just Fox.

I think he looked cool in the first SSB.

And in SSBM.

But I think the SSB one was better.

I dunno.

Top Bottom