• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Do You Intend To Main Upon Release?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Keeping my :ultmario::ultpit: Duo as mains and :ultduckhunt::ultrosalina::ultsonic::ulttoonlink: as subs, while adding :ultinkling: as either or cause they look so much fun (Woomy)

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
Well, :ultganondorf::ultlittlemac: and :ultrobin were my Smash 4 mains and probably will be my mains again.

However I’m also going to be playing around with :ultmarth::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultlink::ultinkling::ultpalutena::ultfalco::ultzelda: :ultpokemontrainer::ultroy::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultpichu: and :ultike: until I find someone right for me.

That being said I will drop all of them and gladly main ANY Kirby character they add.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I gravitate toward Greeninja, pacman, and mewtwo but I try a lot of other characters, sticking to one just don't keep my attention.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
My main will almost certainly be :ultrob:. He was my main in Smash 4 and looks to have some nice new tools to play with.

In terms of other characters? :ulticeclimbers: are still fun and I'll use them to some degree, but not as seriously as I did in Brawl. I love that :ultridley: is here, but he didn't really click when I played him yesterday, so I'll need to practice some more. :ultlink: is an old secondary that I'm not convinced on the new changes with, though in large part possibly because I need to play as him more.

Of the other characters I've played, :ultbowser::ultdk::ultganondorf::ultlittlemac::ultike::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultryu: were all fun in their own way and I'd like to play some more of them. :ultmewtwo::ultsamus::ultsnake: are probably off of my list; I like them but they still don't click with me.

Of the other characters yet to be playable, I'm most seriously excited for :ultjigglypuff: and :ultyounglink:, and will have some fun with :ultfalcon::ultdoc::ultwario::ultwolf: for the memes.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
:ultrobin is my main. That probably won't change unless Impa gets in.

Besides that, I tend to play as :ultzelda: and :ultlucina: quite a bit, and will definitely swap out Peach for :ultdaisy:

And of course my boy :ultpichu:

Last edited:

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is by far my most comfortable character in Smash 4 but D-Tilt and Confusion nerf's make them look a lot less fun so Idunno. I did play a lot of PT and Wolf in Brawl and both of the newcomers look really cool so I'll be trying them out along with the new Pikachu.

Gonna make the biggest effort to main Inkling and PT though I think.

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
Of the characters I use in 4, I'll most likely still use Lucas, unless they radically change something about him that I don't like.

Mega Man doesn't seem to different, and I'll still definitely use him to some degree. I'm just not sure if I'll main him like 4, for a couple reasons. I don't want to spend as much time using him as I did in 4 since I want to use more of the roster this time around, and frankly he's a character that brings out quite a bit of toxicity from other people online. Though maybe if the online is reworked I won't have to worry about getting banned to FG Hell just on account of the character I play.

As for Ike... I'm not sure yet. He definitely seems better, but at the same time not as unique. I'm not a fan of the uair change, and I just know he'll be even more common this time around (and thus people will better figure out how to exploit his weaknesses). Really a character I'll have to wait and see as the game develops.

I'm excited about having to unlock most of the characters, as that'll likely give me a chance to try everyone out (which I didn't really as much in 4). I'm definitely going to veterans I've dropped in the past another shot, like Ness, Kirby, Snake, DK, G&W and Duck Hunt. Not many newcomers so far but I'll definitely mess with Ridley. Even if I don't like him he's a possible doubles partner since my friend uses Zard.

Dario64

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7458-8194-6305
Obviously Snake. :) Even though I would have to unlock him first.
He was my main in Brawl and I can‘t wait to play as him again! I also hope the Codec Calls are back aswell. I will try other Characters too especially Young Link and some other returning Characters.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Always and forever will be :ultlink::ultrosalina: along with :ultike::ultsnake::ultcloud: no matter how good or bad.
I also plan to play around with :ultfalco::ultganondorf::ultlucina::ultpacman::ultrobin:ultwolf::ultzelda: and maybe :ultshulk:.

Last edited:

Zyphyris

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bri-ex
3DS FC
0001-4098-4797
Switch FC
SW-8496-2727-8390
Obviously I'd stick to my Smash For mains (Ness and Lucas), but I'm definitely looking forward to playing as Pokemon Trainer (primarily Squirtle) and Wolf.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Link, but I also loved how fast Young Link is so I'll try him out to, my secondaries would be Zero Suit Samus and Cloud.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Main: :ultsamus:
Secondary: :ultzss:
Tertiary: :ultridley:
Quarternary: :ultsheik:

I might end up dropping Sheik in the long-run, though. My attention will have to be on the first three.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Main::ultness: as usual
Secondary: :ultpokemontrainer::ultwario::ultlucas:
Tertiary: :ultike::ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultluigi:
Give more of a shot: :ultkirby::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultkingdedede::ultcloud:
Try out: :ultinkling:

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hasn't there been threads like this already?
Inkling's my first choice but basically whoever I like most :) Both as a character and fighting style. I'll use a lot of characters at first.
:ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucina::ultpichu::ultzss::ultrobin:ultzelda::ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultdaisy::ultpacman::ultsheik::ultmiifighters::ultpalutena::ultlucario::ultrosalina: +new characters
All possible :)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Mains: :ultwario::ultdoc:
Secondaries: :ultyounglink::ultmario:
Characters I play for fun: :ultike::ultluigi::ultlucas::ultness::ultganondorf::ultvillager:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
:ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultganondorf::ultike::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultkirby::ultlink::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrobin:ultroy::ultsamus::ultshulk::ultsnake::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
:ultridley:since you know, I've been supporting him for years, plus keeping :ultdoc: from SSB4 hopefully

secondary-wise, I guess :ultsnake: plus bringing back from SSB4 :ultduckhunt::ultshulk:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Yesterday, I said :ultsamus:, :ultzss:, and :ultridley:, with :ultsheik: as a quarternary. Well, given the events that happened today, I may drop Sheik in favor of Dark Samus.

Lilithant

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3110-5376-6607
I'm going to be maining K. Rool, 100%. I've never even played a DKC game but K. Rool has somehow been my most wanted character for a long time now.

I'm kidding myself when I say that though. I'm so indecisive I'll just end up picking Random every game.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Wolf and Lucario with K. Rool as a possible secondary.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Not going to lie Simon/Richter look like they could become one of my favorites. K Rool looks decent as well. Will probably mix in Chrom and Dark Samus in from time to time as well like I do with roy and samus.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Yeah so this needs updating for me. Top 3 and 5 each for the Smash Squad mode:

1) King K. Rool
1) ROB
3) Ice Climbers

4) Young Link
5) Jigglypuff

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Main:
:ultinkling:
Secondaries:
:ultganondorf::ultsheik:

Depends though, I won't know for sure until I get my hands on the game. K Rool is looking REAL good. Also, I unfortunately gravitate towards heavy characters anyway because they're satisfying, so "any heavy" is on my tertiary list as well as the random button in general... lol

But I definitely want to main Inkling as of right now.

drj718

Smash Rookie
With Pokemon trainer back I need to main him again. It'll probably be between PT and Pit since he looks buffed. Still too early to call. Way too many characters worth giving a shot

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I really like the mode that eliminates fighters that were already used, such a creative but simple idea

Nakamura

Smash Cadet
Toon Link,Inkling,Pacman,Pokemon Trainer,Captain Falcon,and Simon I will all use competitively in some form, will play the rest of the cast when im not taking it seriously just for fun.

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
I am likely going to go with Simon Belmont for now but i am intrested at the potential for Pokemon Trailer and those Switch Combos

Top Bottom