• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who ditched their own main/took up MK so they won more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I enjoy the freedom that comes with playing metaknight. Compared to DK the amount of options mk has at any time is amazing.

TP

Smash Master
I made the ultimate tier jump, straight from Ganon to MK.

"God, I DON'T feel completely at my opponent's mercy anymore!"

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I just realized something.

In fall 2008, Mew2King dropped his main (Dedede) to pick up Metaknight.

lololoollollololololololololololololololololololololololooololololololololololollllllllllllll
right after I won FAST1 with mostly DDD. I also beat Seibriks MK 3 times, Snake 2 times, and DDD in the ditto between Winners Finals and Grand Finals at another FL tourney the week after FAST1. (3 stock in the ddd ditto). I switched because I got BORED of DDD.

Turazrok

Smash Master
right after I won FAST1 with mostly DDD. I also beat Seibriks MK 3 times, Snake 2 times, and DDD in the ditto between Winners Finals and Grand Finals at another FL tourney the week after FAST1. (3 stock in the ddd ditto). I switched because I got BORED of DDD.
Play Olimar for a whole tourney I dare you!

etecoon

Smash Hero
Don't give him that cliche dude, he doesn't even do it often
he's the one that started using it as a stalling tactic. I'm just calling his BS, he's said on several occasions that smash isn't fun and that he considers it to be a job, both before and after he switched from DDD to MK. fun obviously wasn't a factor, and there's nothing wrong with that

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
he obviously in game finds the char mk more fun than DDD, for reasons like moving faster, arials and short combos he makes. -_- anyone except co18 can tell ya mk is funner than DDD

Kaffei

Smash Hero
he's the one that started using it as a stalling tactic. I'm just calling his BS, he's said on several occasions that smash isn't fun and that he considers it to be a job, both before and after he switched from DDD to MK. fun obviously wasn't a factor, and there's nothing wrong with that
Let's blame sakurai

judge!

Smash Ace
i guess i did although i always mained mk. but i started with...jiggs lol

SGTR

Smash Rookie
my little bro switched to MK because i would kick his *** as luigi
so i got tired of him saying he is a better brawler than me cuz his MK can beat my luigi and olimar
so i switched to MK today at around 8 and im beating him pretty consistantlly at 9:30
but i would never take up MK as my main... NEVER

Gates

Banned via Warnings
same difference.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Don't be hatin' on the King! (Dedede :D)

But seriously, MK is actually a VERY fun character, and not everyone who plays him switched just to win.

I also hate when people say MK is a simple character to pick up. I think at the highest levels he requires an incredibly amount of precision, skill, and quick thinking.

...yes, I am currently in the process of more than likely picking him up as well...

Gabriel Gray

Smash Rookie
I know alot of people who TRIED to do that after losing to a MK and accusing him of being "broken" n all the typical complaints. After that, they try using MK, fail, and then claim: "He's not my style" or "I dont like cheap characters"... I guess they were expecting an instant boost of performance without learning indepth the character.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I know alot of people who TRIED to do that after losing to a MK and accusing him of being "broken" n all the typical complaints. After that, they try using MK, fail, and then claim: "He's not my style" or "I dont like cheap characters"... I guess they were expecting an instant boost of performance without learning indepth the character.
A lot of people do this with me. I beat them with MK then they pick MK and then I beat their MK and then they rage quit

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
This thread is funny.

I love how the creator basically implied, "Yeah, i know everyone who plays MK just cares about winning and knows how stupid he is."

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Well, I used to main MK but he really was not doing well for me, I honestly was doing better with other characters such as Fox, Falco, CO, Ganon, Samus, ZSS, and a few others.

daballa100

Smash Cadet
well i ditched a second for mk but not to win, i was just sick of falco, even tho he was my second in melee. I decided mk because my main, marth is all about spacing and sucks when aggro, and toon link is hit and run + projectile spam. I wanted a character i could go aggro with if i was ticked off:laugh:

temple jumping is fun :chuckle:

Clel

Smash Journeyman
I dropped Marth for MK, what took the cake was when I lost like 5 tourneys straight to MKs only. I first picked up MK just to see if I can understand him a bit more as to find weaknesses, but it wasn't enough so I starting using MK for the ditto, then I realized I wasn't reaching max potential with either character since I kept bouncing back and fourth between them so I dropped Marth and went straight MK.

I've tried to go back to Marth a bunch of times but I'm understanding that I'm just not good enough to do that and MK allows me to get much further in bracket than I should =)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I didn't, but I did drop Peach for Marth and Snake because I won more with them. (I was a Roy main in Melee and I really like Snake)

Then I dropped Snake because I'm gangsta and after months of using Marth (I main GW but since he's always number 1 he's unimportant) I picked Peach for the lulz and was WAY better with her. Maybe using Marth helped my spacing and basic stuff. Either way after I realized how good my peach had gotten I picked the B-word back up.

Bowser was there somewhere

Anyway so I find a balance between good and likability. I have no problem using a lower tier but if I can use a character I like that's also good I win twice as much.

painlord k11

Smash Journeyman
anyone who switchs there main to meta knight from other charachters to win is just a sleazy cheapo sell out like vanilla ice was, if ya started out with MK your just plain cheap lol. MK is so rediculously cheap. there is no meta game in brawl just a Meta Knight.

etecoon

Smash Hero
switching to meta knight is SMART, you can't blame players for doing whatever gives them the best chance to win. if you think MK is so unfair then try to get him banned, if he's so bad then you're just foolish for not using him yourself, it's a free win vs other characters riiiiiiight?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
anyone who switchs there main to meta knight from other charachters to win is just a sleazy cheapo sell out like vanilla ice was, if ya started out with MK your just plain cheap lol. MK is so rediculously cheap. there is no meta game in brawl just a Meta Knight.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

tacobff

Smash Rookie
I started with Snake.
Then I played Mk and realized how much he *****.
Mk is now my secondary ;3

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850

dniMretsaM

Smash Apprentice
ADHD did. (I ♥ ADHD now. LOL) Anyway, not really. I didn't really have a main before I took up MK. I tried a bunch of characters before I decided on MK (Snake, GaW, D3 to name a few). I decided to main MK because Iwas better with him than any other character. NOT because he was on the top of the tier list.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
ADHD did. (I ♥ ADHD now. LOL) Anyway, not really. I didn't really have a main before I took up MK. I tried a bunch of characters before I decided on MK (Snake, GaW, D3 to name a few). I decided to main MK because Iwas better with him than any other character. NOT because he was on the top of the tier list.
They always say this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom