• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who can play an instrument?

Ojanya

Smash Ace
I play trombone in Akron Youth Symphony and Cleveland Orchestra Youth Orchestra. I also play piano for theory, and bass for innocent non-serious fun.

xDavid

Smash Cadet
I play guitar and a little piano.
I was in a band for a while but, my bassist and drummer both moved in the same week.

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
I play trombone in Akron Youth Symphony and Cleveland Orchestra Youth Orchestra. I also play piano for theory, and bass for innocent non-serious fun.
That sounds like serious win right there. I bet you guys are pretty fricken amazing for a youth orchestra. What are you guys playing? Do you take lessons from people in the Cleveland Orchestra?

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Parents tried to get me into Piano at like age 6, wasn't interested, they were disappointed..

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Hiya. Drummer here. Been around drums all my life, started actually playing them and taking them seriously when I was around 7. So I've been playing for about 11 years.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
That sounds like serious win right there. I bet you guys are pretty fricken amazing for a youth orchestra. What are you guys playing? Do you take lessons from people in the Cleveland Orchestra?
I take lesson's from Ed Zadrozny, at Akron U. The trombones are actually better in akron youth symphony than cleveland right now... :S We have to keep bringing in subs... Good pieces this year, though. Finlandia, Capriccio Espagnol, Die Fledermaus, Hanson's second... It's fun, but we did a side by side with the Cincinnati youth orchestra, and I felt pretty pathetic. :S Oh well, I'm only a sophomore, I guess, so I have time to improve!

Dr.MarioX

Smash Apprentice
I can play Across The Stars (Love Theme from Star Wars Episode 2), Mystic Cave Zone (From Sonic 2), and Luke's Theme (From Star Wars) all on a French Horn.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Sometime soon I'm gonna get a keyboard and learn to play "piano." I'm gonna learn how to read sheet music, notes, all that jazz. Then, I'm gonna take that knowledge and learn to play guitar. Also, I've been doing a lot of drumming in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, I wanna play on a real drumset someday.

Skweege

Smash Cadet
I am a music fiend
Instruments i can play well:
Guitar
Piano
Bass
Mandolin

Other thinks i like to mess around with:
Drums
Uke
Ocarina

What id like to learn:
Harp
accordian

:D

UberMario

Smash Master
I've played piano for 13 years, but I've only done voice (bass) for one . . . .

I toy around with vibraphones, bongos, kongas, organs, and drum kits for fun, but I'd probably not want to do those in public since I'm much better at the two mentioned above.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
my brother is an insane guitarist/song writer. his drummer is ****ing AMAZING also. like, he can do a7x with a single bass pedal.

but my bro is just.. a musical genious..

SloT

Smash Journeyman
I play Guitar, Piano, Bass, and some drums (Only a bit of jazz style drumming) been playing music for about a year and a half... Play mostly a jazz - influenced sub genre. I'm in a band, too. http://www.myspace.com/animalhenchmen
All the recordings are recorded on a pretty archaic 4-track recorder with bad timing and iffy vocals... And we're not the most casual sounding band either. You can tell we're jazzy with the obsession of timing and key changes every so often..
And I taught myself.
If you do take a look at the myspace page, the build starts at 7:40 minutes. We REALLY need to get a better recording of it. The bass player was playing drums, and it was our 2nd take... So yea.. In case you're wondering.

Shök

Smash Champion
I've still been wanting to learn how to play the piano.

*Doesn't know how* >_>

SloT

Smash Journeyman
I play guitar, well use to, these days I'm so lazy and so unmotivated to practise

Anyways here's some recent performances of me back in my prime
Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KaIghyGXI
and a cover of Little Wing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fViGnbgqW-U

Don't hate on them :embarrass

I like your Little Wing cover, and the instrumental is pretty good! Why don't you keep playing? Instead of seeing it as a chore, have fun with it and learn some new styles. I play anything from Wes Montgomery, to Jimi hendrix, to Elliott Smith, to Neil Young, to Bob Dylan, to Travis Barker. I enjoy learning different styles and it helps me keep my interest. You played well! you should keep it up! If you take a look at our songs, they haven't really been updated in a while... But Dandelion Field and Blankets Vs Pillows get good. There are probably half a dozen new songs that we haven't put up :p

magnet20

Smash Rookie
I play a Tuba and Sousaphone, does that count? High school marching band was fun. We were core style with 80-90 some people.

I've still been wanting to learn how to play the piano.

*Doesn't know how* >_>
I've always wanted to learn it but I haven't tried yet. I have a keyboard in the attic that I never used.

psik0

Smash Cadet
Ahh.! Musical instruments! Life would be so boring without them.
Uhm.. do I have to name them all!?
My main instrument is the guitar (kudos for every guitarrist in this forum =D), but i can also play harmonica, ocarina, transverse flute (regular flute aswell, its a lot easier tho), saxophone, portuguese guitar (an acoustic variation of a 12 string guitar), bass, harp, violin.
Basically, I play any instrument that I can get my hands on.

JaayDeeEm

Smash Rookie
Hi,

I play Guitar (Acoustic, Electric) currently own a
LTD Viper 100FM
Johnson JS800 w/ EMG single coil pickups
and a Johnson JG-650-TR Acoustic
Keyboard DGX620

I usually atleast play 2-4 hours per day,when I want to transcribe a song, Get ideas for my own song, or whenever I have nothing better to do

global-wolf

Smash Champion
<3 music

I currently play violin. I used to play piano, and I was pretty good at it, but then I quit :( I regret making that decision.

I'm trying to teach myself how to play guitar :D Notes I can play pretty well, but I have a horrible time with chords and reading guitar tabs.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I can play the piano and used to play the violin, but I haven't played it in years. I want to learn how to play the guitar, and possibly the flute- two of my favorite instruments.

ECHO_R24

Smash Rookie
I play a Tuba and Sousaphone, does that count? High school marching band was fun. We were core style with 80-90 some people.
Do you mean corp style?

I did hs marching band and loved it, i started on the oboe in 5th grade but have quit since,
i was on the drumline in high school and loved every bit of it. I'm hoping to try out for a DCI drum and bugle corps next fall! (Glassmen or Bluecoats i think)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D4t5g2x_jE

Also played trombone solely for jazz band in high school, not as great at that

Music is a crazy part of my life... wouldnt give it up for anything

Kideras

Smash Rookie
I can play fear, manipulation, idiots, the electric triangle, and the digeridoo.

jk, I can play the piano, the guitar hero/rockband(doesn't count), and the drums

magnet20

Smash Rookie
Do you mean corp style?

I did hs marching band and loved it, i started on the oboe in 5th grade but have quit since,
i was on the drumline in high school and loved every bit of it. I'm hoping to try out for a DCI drum and bugle corps next fall! (Glassmen or Bluecoats i think)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D4t5g2x_jE

Also played trombone solely for jazz band in high school, not as great at that

Music is a crazy part of my life... wouldnt give it up for anything
Yep, that's what I meant. You were part of the drum line? Nice. Heart of the band right there. Though the cymbals clashing next to my ears got annoying sometimes...

Pritch

Smash Lord
I've been playing music in some form since the 2nd grade (5 days short of 26 years old now). Piano from then through the end of high school, sax from 6th grade till today, jazz sax specifically since my junior year or so of high school. Hopefully should be finishing my masters in jazz this semester, and I plan to get back into piano again when I have a bit of spare time.

I screw around with flute and clarinet a little as well, since it's pretty common to see sax players in big bands etc called to double on them, but I wouldn't gig on either (particularly clarinet - I'm baaaaaaaaad at that thing).

ECHO_R24

Smash Rookie
Yep, that's what I meant. You were part of the drum line? Nice. Heart of the band right there. Though the cymbals clashing next to my ears got annoying sometimes...
Nope, no cymbals in our battery. Those were left in the front ensemble. I would probably get pretty annoyed too :laugh:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I play guitar (classical/flamenco stuff, mostly) and I plan to learn Piano at some point in my life. I've been playing guitar for about eight years now and have reached a somewhat high level of proficiency (my sight reading skills are very good, but my technique has never been the best I'll try to get a recording of myself playing up one day, probably playing the Spanish Romance, my personal favorite guitar piece :D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q0AJUoR5cmc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q0AJUoR5cmc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

That's probably my favorite version of it on youtube, and its done pretty well. Personally, I play it a bit slower and use it a bit more vibrato because its a romance, but eh, to each his own.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God I hate spanish music

That includes regeton (or how ever you spell that), mariachis, typical music, and peruvian panflute bands (beware the giant guinea pigs guise!)

The ironic thing is that I'm hispanic XD

on topic

I don't know why but I've been slacking off on my guitar lately >_>

I guess it could be excusable that now I don't have the time to do it...

Top Bottom