• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the most succesful IC players?

Miller

Smash Lord
Im not trying to put you down plank, but even a unranked IC at a tourney beat him, so its not like its a major accomplishment. But if you beat plank with someone else besides iceys, they yea, id say it is. Plank has a really good MK, its just a certain matchup that he sucks at.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Look for Fly Amanita. He's the best. He doesn't chaingrab though. So if he did, he'd be...too much.
Nah, I jsut don't think Fly's usually in a good position to CG. Either that or he's just not consistent with it.

That 11-79 Bthrow **** on Plank proves that he chaingrabs. So sexy. <3

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I do CG, but my tech skill is really inconsistent and I don't go for a lot of grabs in the first place.

Look for Fly Amanita. He's the best. He doesn't chaingrab though. So if he did, he'd be...too much.

LOL, a friend of mine beat Plank in friendlies
Haven't you been ****** in San Diego tourneys? I wouldn't be surprised if you're better than I am.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yea i lsot last tourney to an IC also, im just gonna use a different char next time lol

error13

Smash Journeyman
i use IC's i think im pretty good, like really

and hylian maybe youll see if we go to houston oct.4th

but they get ***** by MK so its kinda dissapointing

mimic_king

Smash Lord
I don't usually chain grab, so I just throw them and then jump in the air and Dair them down, and then repeat. Doesn't sound very useful, but it was pretty useful against a standing com, but then again, what isn't?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I don't usually chain grab, so I just throw them and then jump in the air and Fair them down, and then repeat. Doesn't sound very useful, but it was pretty useful against a standing com, but then again, what isn't?
Fixed. z.z

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
yea i lsot last tourney to an IC also, im just gonna use a different char next time lol
I think you just need to rethink the way you play the match-up. When we played at Axis, you used a campy playstyle, but although it made you hard to approach, it didn't really put much pressure on me. I think you need to play more aggressively and keep in mind that you can outrange pretty much everything the ICs can do aside from blizzard, and kill Nana with fairs to shuttle loop or something like that once you get them separated. Shuttle loop also beats squall hammer.

If you think you can do better against ICs with another character, then go for it, but MK should be one of the hardest characters for the ICs to beat.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Wow. Tell me how I just realized why most Ice Climber players use Game and Watch :laugh:

I use Game and Watch because he's my favorite character.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I claim first IC/GW brawl main >_>. XD. I was using them as mains a week after the game came out in japan >_>.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I wanted to main Game and Watch in Brawl since about December, but I never openly said it outside of my town. Now that I think about it, I didn't even have an account then! :chuckle:

But, I wanted to main Game and Watch in Melee. But after my game disk got destroyed in '05, I went from decent to horrible with him, and I wanted to work to become good with him.

It just happens that I'm good with the Ice Climbers (or was) in both games. And that Game and Watch is easy to learn and is a lot better this time around.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i know you have a lot of heat with dark.pch, and i really don't lean toward either party

except maybe your avatar/sig are way cuter man

good sht

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I use IC's and Yoshi >.>
I think I may be one of the toughest in NC/SC but I unno. BTW Speed, are you going to C3?

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I use the ICs and Peachy (I call her Peachy :p). I mained the ICs since Melee then to Brawl; and I can pretty alternate grab online if it doesn't have horrible lag like fighting from Australia to the U.S. : P Or maybe in California to here in the southeast since sometimes when I fight some people in California, there is lag. ;-; But I am really thinking it is my connection problem... because sometimes our internet is slow. >w<

Just got to work on.. uhh... desynching their aerials online, because I focus on tilts instead of air, so the lag forces me to use more tilts. D:

Top Bottom