• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the most succesful IC players?

lain

Smash Master
I'm the best IC in the MW. Nintendude on the EC. Hylian and Melee1 in the South. ??? on the WC.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
South:
Hylian
Melee1

East Coast:
Nintendude

Midwest:
Lain

West Coast:
Fly Amita (Sp?)

Not USA:
VirtualVoid

Edit: Lain beat me to it.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Whoa, there is a good Midwest Ice Climber user O_O... There is like no none who plays them in the Midwest that is really good...
I would have to agree. I have never seen an IC place top 3 in the midwest.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I think it may have to do with the lack of accessibility to any major tournaments. I've never even heard of smash tournaments until I a person I knew (who was a game pro at Melee and possibly at brawl and inspired me into competitive Brawl) told me that he went to one in Illinois...

iceclimbersinfinent

Smash Apprentice
Well over the summer you intend to forget, and its not like I pay attention to the stuff

Yeah south west whatever. and because I don't care what region I'm in I don't pay attention

lain

Smash Master
Yeah there are a few IC players here, but they don't really know how to play them. Just running around spamming grab :p

I generally place top 3 in MI (to Anther and Needle of Juntah), and I've beaten everyone that placed below Anther (who wins) in a MM in OOS tourneys. I scrubbed it up at the last OOS tourney I went to, but the next Midwest Circuit Event is here in my city, so I'll be sure to **** everyone and report.

:colorful:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well over the summer you intend to forget, and its not like I pay attention to the stuff

Yeah south west whatever. and because I don't care what region I'm in I don't pay attention
You are STILL incorrect lmao. Florida is southEAST. Not even close to the midwest.

iceclimbersinfinent

Smash Apprentice
You are STILL incorrect lmao. Florida is southEAST. Not even close to the midwest.
Oh yes, hah for a second I was not thinking and got west confused with east

PLEASE NOTE: I WAS NOT THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AT: stoopdklutz: that would make you an ahole to me

Anther

Smash Champion
It should... o_O.

No johns, meaning no excuses.
Then me saying my ICs, which implies my own Ice climbers.
pwn yours Lain, own Lain's Ice climbers.

My ice climbers are amazinger basically.

I'm fedaddling though =], but it's only because I have a deep hatred for Lain ^^.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
chewyy at msop 3 took 3rd. he went way farther than lain at the tourney.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
It should... o_O.

No johns, meaning no excuses.
Then me saying my ICs, which implies my own Ice climbers.
pwn yours Lain, own Lain's Ice climbers.

My ice climbers are amazinger basically.

I'm fedaddling though =], but it's only because I have a deep hatred for Lain ^^.

i didn't know that! wow.... so who's lain again?

Rykard

Smash Ace
nintendodude, i know of your amazing repping of the ic's because i am somewhat associated with your AvalanchE crew (i met sol and phish-it at the last tourney i went to and also met bino RuBar, and Bar prior). maybe one day i can meet up with you and you can share your ice climber knowledge with me

anywho, doesnt KDRsonic also place pretty well in the Texas tournaments?

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
well wish me luck, in about 2 weeks my IC's will make their first trny debut, obviously making me 2nd in the midwest lol

i play them alot in friendlies and played them in a few house trnies so i'm feeling like they are definatley gonna be my noob killers

btw, all of the house trnys i got 2nd, losing to shrinkray.... sad

lain

Smash Master
Chewy may have placed higher then me, but considering that I beat him in pools, AND I have beaten everyone he's beaten in mm'es and bracket at some recent time or another, I like to think otherwise.

Chewy is REALLY friggin good though. He knows his IC well.

But I told you I scrubbed it up at the last tournament, I'll do better this next one (in <two weeks).

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Melee 1 is hands down the best Ice Climber player around. He's won a lot of tournaments and allegedly 3 stocked Hylian. Don't shoot the messenger.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Melee 1 is hands down the best Ice Climber player around. He's won a lot of tournaments and allegedly 3 stocked Hylian. Don't shoot the messenger.
Um, he has never 3 stocked me.

???.

He recently lost to Dojo..who is ranked like 10th in texas >_>. I have never lost to dojo in tournament :/. He has been getting like 2nd and 3rd recently in dallas. He keeps losing to infinity :/.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Um, he has never 3 stocked me.

???.

He recently lost to Dojo..who is ranked like 10th in texas >_>. I have never lost to dojo in tournament :/. He has been getting like 2nd and 3rd recently in dallas. He keeps losing to infinity :/.

I'm just going by what he told me. He said the only tournament you won he wasn't at.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm just going by what he told me. He said the only tournament you won he wasn't at.
I have won several tournaments lol. And I have only been to two tournaments with him, and one was single elim.

Glad to know he talks **** behind my back though :).

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
I have won several tournaments lol. And I have only been to two tournaments with him, and one was single elim.

Glad to know he talks **** behind my back though :).
Figures, he seemed like a keyboard warrior.

chewyy

Smash Ace
Chewy may have placed higher then me, but considering that I beat him in pools, AND I have beaten everyone he's beaten in mm'es and bracket at some recent time or another, I like to think otherwise.

Chewy is REALLY friggin good though. He knows his IC well.

But I told you I scrubbed it up at the last tournament, I'll do better this next one (in <two weeks).

I remember choking hard in pools against you. :(
and yeah, I was surprised you didn't palce better reminds me of Dope someone.

IC's ditto next time!! (I'll probably lose :() rawr ;::;
:rocket:

P.S. Actually, I'm not sure if I can make it to Ann Arbor. [insert stardard driving johns here]

P.S.S. I found teh smileyz! :bigthumbu

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'd like to thnk that I'm one of the best in the east coast. there are some weeklies I've been going to and I've always place 3rd or higher. The most recent results:
8/7/2008
32-man bracket

1 Devin (Marth)
2 NEO (ROB/MK)
3 KACK (IC)
4 Crio (Random)
5 JMan (Sonic)
5 ARS (Snake)
7 Seth (TL)
7 Wes (ROB)
9 ETHAN (Olimar)
9 Diddy (MK)
9 Jason (Diddy)
9 Billy Taylor (?)
13 Jonjoh (MK)
13 Tyler Flenore (?)
13 Luke Abrigo (Link/Ike)
13 ANT (Link/Fox)
17 Ryan Nall (Ganondorf)

I got third. I usually lose to Ars, who got 5th surprisingly (he usually gets 1st), and somehow I managed to beat him. Some times I lose to Devin but not by alot really.
I try to find a wayto record some vids, but I use a DVD recorder so I can only record from my house really. But I'm probably gonna buy a dazzle from my smash funds :/
I'm goonna try to make it to Jubilee (I'm not sure if I can make it) and get someone to record some vids for me. But right now, the chances of me going aren't looking good :(

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
yeah, I think I am the best pacific west IC player.

He also told me that he always 3 stocks you lol.
LOL wow. Very pathetic. The most he has ever done is 2 stock me in an IC ditto lol. That IC ditto happened to be in tournament, and it also happens to be the only IC ditto he has beaten me in offline period.

It's like he is desperate for attention :/.

Top Bottom