• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the most annoying Pokes to go up against?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

As long as a lot of us have been battling, I'm sure many of you have developed a certain disdain for certain Pokemon you go up against, whether it's for a good reason or not! This isn't just for competitive battling though. Perhaps you can't stand Cynthia's Garchomp? Having a hard time catching one of the Regis? This is the thread to vent your frustration! Don't take this thread too seriously, so have fun, but behave!

I'll start-

Ever since I started playing Shoddy Battle, I've always been annoyed by the Rotom forms. One of them is on nearly every team and you really have to be careful when going up against them because they're so versatile: They can break through your bulky Pokes with a Choice Specs slapped on them, surprise the heck out of you and out-speed you with a Scarf, severely weaken you with WoW, slow you down with TW, trick a Scarf on your stallers, yeah you get my point. That and the fact that I simply find the Rotom family lame... Seriously, they're based off of APPLIANCES for crying out loud!

DISCUSS

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
In Game:

In Game:

Cynthia's Togekiss.

Why:

I'd use E4 to grind my Pokemon to 100 back in the day, and by the time I got to the Togekiss my PP was drained, and it'd be so annoying because I'd have to swap Pokemon.

Battle Tower:

Any OHKO spamming Pokemon

Why:

Figure it out.

Wifi:

Hacked Pokemon (lol)

Why: Figure it out

Shoddy:

Magnezone

Why:

I always forget about Magnet Pull and it ends up messing me up all the time. One of those stupid small things you forget...

Tacel

Smash Lord
I find any Pokémon that has Protect is pretty annoying to face.

I also remember Bronzong being annoying. I don't quite remember why.

Altaria is annoying to battle, too.
Me - "One more attack and I'll have fainted Altaria! I'm so close to getting this Gym Badge!"
Game - "Altaria used Roost!"
Me - "D: Not again!"

M.K

Level 55
In Game:

Well, I'm probably going to sound crazy, but Hitmonchan/Electabuzz in the Battle Tour always seem to put a decent chunk into my Pokemon. It's crazy annoying, especially that one Electabuzz with Focus Blast/Psychic/Thunderbolt. I used that exact Electabuzz to beat the Battle Factory though XD.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
In Game:

Well, I'm probably going to sound crazy, but Hitmonchan/Electabuzz in the Battle Tour always seem to put a decent chunk into my Pokemon. It's crazy annoying, especially that one Electabuzz with Focus Blast/Psychic/Thunderbolt. I used that exact Electabuzz to beat the Battle Factory though XD.
You're right on actually. That Electabuzz with Focus Blast can own you. It's happened to me too.

Dugtrio with Fissue is worse though.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
Rotom formes ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

breloom, suicune, and cressy are annoying too but all are very managable

but seriously **** THE ROTOM FORMES

the most annoying move in the game TRICK/SWITCHAROO those moves just kill the metagame imho

ALSO skarmory is also annoying but managable

Riddle

Smash Lord
TheRealGamer said:
I've always been annoyed by the Rotom forms. One of them is on nearly every team
Smogon May Stats said:
| - | Rotom-A | 173857 | 16.24 |
On topic, I hate Jumpluff as well as Wobbuffet and Skymin in ubers. Really any subseeder is quite annoying.

Stallrein in any tier other than ubers.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Lesee, in game would be Gardenia's Cherim and Roserade. After my solo run with Horsea I despise them. I also despise this guy who has an Electabuzz on the way to Snowpoint... yeah no way of avoiding that either

Competitively though, it'd have to be Giratina, Machamp (not too much though since I can get over being confused quickly, or all I have to do is switch into rotom), Scizor (kinda), Togekiss (AHHHHHHHHH I HATE FLINCHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING)

D

Deleted member

Scizor, I stopped playing OU when Plat came out.
In the time Cress was UU I came to hate it.
I guess that's about it.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
In HeartGold, Bruno's Machamp was pretty ridiculous for lower leveled teams since No Guard+Rockslide destroyed any Flyers.

For Battle Tower, Wobbuffet was scary if you lacked Toxic or something to setup on it. Even at level 50 that base HP stat is too bulky for you to OHKO it without boosts, and you had to rely on luck - hoping it used Counter on a special move and vice versa.
And Pokemon with OHKO moves were always dumb anyway.

Registeel always has and always be one of the most difficult Pokemon to get past in UU battles. Registeel just soaks up anything, bar certain Earthquakes and even then it's hard to work with. The setup sets will surprise anyone. Iron Defense / Amnesia / Seismic Toss / Rest can pretty much end the game, if played correctly.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
For competitive it would have to be: Machamp, Jirachi, Salamence, Skarmory, Forretress, Suicune, and the Rotoms.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
**** rotom-A
so obnoxious

it's pretty much the reason you can't use anything not standard

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
@Riddle- Haha I was mostly exaggerating about Rotom, but it seems as if they're a lot more common than that IMO...

I'm glad to see all of the Rotom hate though! I knew I wasn't the only one.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
In Game:
Every legend.

Why:
No matter how many times I catch them, they always suck. I have Kyogres, Dialgas, Mewtwos, Zapdos each with under 50 total IVs. Kyogre has under 30 total IVs.

Battle Tower:
Garchomp

Why:
Dragon Rush never misses. Double Team makes me want to cut myself. They always win the speed tie.

Shoddy:
Bronzong, Rotom-A

Why:
Bronzong used to be unkillable and does just about everything. Puts you to sleep, sets up rain, sets up Trick Room, and Explodes when it finishes his job. So dirty...
... Then Rotom-A came along and made Bronzong, and various other Pokemon crap. Though it was more like Hypnosis' nerf... whatever. This guy does way too much for his own good. He can do just about every job and fits onto every team. This versatility is just way too hard to predict around. Have you ever been burned by a scarftom? It's more likely than you think.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Most of Battle Tower annoyances are just stupid.

Wobbuffet - Already explained.
Double Team - Evasion Clause should really take affect under the Battle Tower.
Pokemon with OHKO moves - Semi-manageable.
Pokemon with low accuracy moves - Irritating since they just always hit every single time, such as 0rly's Dragon Rush Garchomp example.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I always hated Golbats because they'd never let you run away it seemed. It was pointless battles you didn't want to endure. Until you're EV training, then you get Gravlers only.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ho-oh. The **** thing would NOT get caught, even when asleep and at 1hp (from false swipe) Ultra, Dusk, Timer, all fail. After about a week of trying I just gave up and threw a masterball. This was the level 40/50 one. Not planning on having fun with Lugia :/

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ho-oh. The **** thing would NOT get caught, even when asleep and at 1hp (from false swipe) Ultra, Dusk, Timer, all fail. After about a week of trying I just gave up and threw a masterball. This was the level 40/50 one. Not planning on having fun with Lugia :/
Ho-Oh was a pain for me, too, except it was the level 70 one, and I got fed up after like, a day.

Lugia, on the other hand, took literally one Dusk Ball after hitting it with enough to get it into the red, not even down to 1 HP or even inflicting a status. I don't quite understand how that worked out.

M.K

Level 55
I heard Heavy Balls are especially effective for Ho-Oh/Lugia (x8 catch rate instead of a x4 from a Dusk ball at night/inside caves) so maybe you could try that Mic?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ This. Though I kept SRing for a good one, so eventually I just got a lot of Master Balls. But my really good Timid Lugia is in a Heavy Ball :)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
How I caught Ho-Oh.

Me: /it's 8 o'clock in the morning, I had just pulled an all-nighter and finally decided to go to bed. I flip open my DS and give Ho-Oh a try. after wasting all of my Ultra Balls and Great Balls, and refusing to use the Master Ball.../ ...... /subconciously tosses a Premier Ball/ z z z /...wiggle....wiggle...wiggle.../ ......mno way-- /CLICK!

In a ****ing white Poké Ball.

lol Pokémon.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Loooooool. Funny thing about that. I caught my Ho-Oh in SS with just a normal pokeball. I did the exact same you did, and wasted my masterball on Lugia, and I forgot to stock up on Ultra balls, so out of lazyness I decided to give it a try with my 10 pokeballs I had left (yeah... woops) and turn off/on the game everytime I ran out and won't you know it that I caught it on my 3rd throw :laugh:

I hate Ho-Oh though, so I just traded it away for another legendary. He would've offered me another random pokemon, but the fact that it was caught in a pokeball just made it all that much more special :laugh:

I hate Articuno though. I SRed for hours to get a shiny one and nothing.... I also tried the same thing with Zapdos and still nothing. Yet when my friend SRs for it (I was right there next to him) it pops up after only 4 tries. Then I felt like choking him, but it was all good when his underleveled team died :p

So in all, I hate every legendary that I've SRed for :mad:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
action replay saved my life
having almost infinite amount of master balls really makes legendaries not as frustrating

Purtle

Smash Journeyman
I hate rotom so much.

Blissey can be annoying, but not always. Same goes for breloom, scizor, salamence, and others i'm probably forgetting.

I hate vaporeon and clefable, at least the toxic stalling with wish+protect ones. so lame >_>

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
Ok this one is kinda old, but it has to have happen to you at one time.

One of the beginning pokemon that spam harden or growl or something like that.
Ex: Metapod, etc.

Bam you just sit there and waste all you pp trying to kill one.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
In R/B/Y/FR/LG Metapod and Kakuna in Viridian Forest were pretty annoying if you had Bulbasaur or a low-leveled Squirtle without Water Gun.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Using grass pokemon in the beginning of the game in R/S/E is hard due to your strongest STAB move was bullet seed.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'll never forget when I did a solo run with Pikachu on my Yellow version and I had to grind all the way to level 20+ just so it could learn slam and beat Brock.

Lets just say it wasn't fun at all.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
In R/B/Y/FR/LG Metapod and Kakuna in Viridian Forest were pretty annoying if you had Bulbasaur or a low-leveled Squirtle without Water Gun.
I actually loved running into them. I'd just pull out that weakling little lvl 2 Rattata that I didn't plan on using and spam Tackle until they died. Easy leveling ftw? I think so.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Shedinja when you forget your rocks or the have spun it away. *Shedinja comes in* "ok no problem" *looks at team's moves* "F-F-FUC..... I DONT HAVE ANY SUPER EFECTIVES" 3 swords dances later and that's gg

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Shedinja when you forget your rocks or the have spun it away. *Shedinja comes in* "ok no problem" *looks at team's moves* "F-F-FUC..... I DONT HAVE ANY SUPER EFECTIVES" 3 swords dances later and that's gg
Or Battle Hall. Shedninja comes out. ****.

Also, I always picked Charmander so... Kakunas and Metapods failed =p

Top Bottom