• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who agrees that Melee>Brawl? (more inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
SSB 64 is actually fast...Believe or not. I dunno I feel like I'm in the past. =/ I don't care for the floatiness, or airy feel of Brawl because it needed to be more in Melee except it was really restricted to only a few characters.

I'll get used to it though..so far I am especially with Sonic who is the fastest but plays the same speed as say Ike.

monkeyskillz

Smash Rookie
IMO Brawl and Melee are two completely different games, if i was placed between the two i would choose Melee just because thats my current taste since im into fast paced comboing as well as tactics that truly differenciates people who puts real effort into the game and those who just plays casually., im only playing brawl now because its the current main stream game(peer pressure :))but who knows, giving it sometimes and i might actually have a change of heart.

heres a fun lil picture, dont flame me pl0x ><
http://www.hongfire.com/cg/data/7/medium/1204223692289dg9.jpg

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I'll get used to it though..so far I am especially with Sonic who is the fastest but plays the same speed as say Ike.
Sonic has amazing aerial combo potential. With his speed and the new floaty mechanics, I see him becoming a lot of people's mains.

Dx-pyrohunter64

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if it's been said, probably has, but if you don't like the floatiness of brawl, or just the game overall, play melee. No one is forcing you to play brawl. my friend for example hates brawl but he plays it anyways, he seems to be liking it better. and as for falco getting worse, I can't really say much there because my falco wasn't very techy or refined but he was fun. my friends falco on the other hand, extremly techy, very refined. first person he chose in brawl was falco. Immediately hated him and went on his "brawl is stupid" rant. a couple games later he started warming up to falco and said that the new falco actually is'nt all that bad. He still complains about the button delay and lag online but hey who doesn't? lol

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Yep Sonic is a beast if you know how to use him correctly. I love him. <3 His actual character fits well in the game perfectly. Sonic has also Amazing recovery one of the best of the game.

And plus his Taunt is top tier anyways I should be heading to sleep.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
I don't believe the game is unnecessarily slow. I just think Melee players are spoiled by how fast and "drop-like-a-brick"ish the Melee gameplay was. I like the floaty, airy-feeling of Brawl, it allows more aerial possibilities and combos, like Sakurai promised. SSB64 was even slower, and it was the one that started it all :p
just because the earliest version was slow doesn't mean it's the best way. that way of thinking is just bad. and btw, brawl has WAY less combo potential than melee BECAUSE of the floatiness.

SSB 64 is actually fast...Believe or not. I dunno I feel like I'm in the past. =/ I don't care for the floatiness, or airy feel of Brawl because it needed to be more in Melee except it was really restricted to only a few characters.

sbb64 was not fast at all. it's slower than brawl. and speed wasn't restricted to a few characters at all. pika, pichu, young link, and ness were fast but they weren't high tier.

M.K

Level 55
Brawl is great. I love it. That doesn't mean you have to play it.

If someone gave you a bunch of brussel sprouts to eat, but they said "You don't have to eat these, there is ice cream, candy, and chocolate over there", what the HELL would you do? Melee= Still there people. Get playing, have fun being left in the wake.

Discipulus Falconii

Smash Rookie
Terrible? 99% of game reviewers disagree.

Floatiness is bad? I thought Sakurai addressed this nearly two years ago when he said he was going to make the gameplay slower and more aerial. Surprised much? You shouldn't be.

Newton's Second Law of Gravity says "Hi."

Falco doesn't suck. Him, and Fox have simply been made slower, to compliment the fact that Sonic is the fastest, and to compliment Brawl's new mechanics. It's more evened-out, rather than Falco and Fox being ridiculously fast.

Combos are possible, duh. Fighting games don't exist without combos. Combo = combination of attacks strung together. If you don't believe combos exist, try some aerial attacks with Lucas or Sonic or Diddy Kong. Combos exist ALOT in this installment, they simply aren't strung together with multiple exploits and 200mph attacks.
That's Newton's second law of motion. Perhaps you could show me more than one law of gravity that Newton discovered? I don't think that double jumping is entirely consistent with the laws of Newtonian mechanics either.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion

If someone gave you a bunch of brussel sprouts to eat, but they said "You don't have to eat these, there is ice cream, candy, and chocolate over there", what the HELL would you do? Melee= Still there people. Get playing, have fun being left in the wake.
Brilliant analogy. (not sarcasm)

arrowhead

Smash Ace

you basically said melee is more enjoyable

i concur

M.K

Level 55
you basically said melee is more enjoyable

i concur
I'm making the analogy that some people might believe Brawl is a pile of brussel sprouts compared to Melee's delicious sweetness. It has nothing to do with my personal opinion, and in fact, if it did have anything to do with it, the analogy would be much different. Thanks for flying with Meta-Kirby airlines, we know you have choice in what statement to respond to, and we thank you for picking a completely obvious one that makes you look dumber than you actually are.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
I'm making the analogy that some people might believe Brawl is a pile of brussel sprouts compared to Melee's delicious sweetness. It has nothing to do with my personal opinion, and in fact, if it did have anything to do with it, the analogy would be much different. Thanks for flying with Meta-Kirby airlines, we know you have choice in what statement to respond to, and we thank you for picking a completely obvious one that makes you look dumber than you actually are.
you compared brawl to brussel sprouts. you compared melee to candy. candy is more enjoyable.

i can't believe i have to explain this to you.

M.K

Level 55
you compared brawl to brussel sprouts. you compared melee to candy. candy is more enjoyable.

i can't believe i have to explain this to you.
Are you completely dense? Can you read these funny things on the screen that we like to call "letters"? As I said, that analogy has nothing to do with my personal opinion, it is simply relating what some people relate Brawl to Melee. My personal opinion is different, and likewise, opinions are not highly regarded in an intellectual discussion. (Though this is FAR from intellectual, I like to maintain a civilized demeanor)

Holy crap, I can't believe I had to repeat that. Learn to read, for the sake of us all!

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Why do I want to eat Brussel Sprouts?...They are NASTY UGH. I rather have candy. Think of it this way. Brawl is the hot new girl that you don't know. And Melee is the girl that you've know forever and still love because she has something the other one doesn't. Or..guys girls something like that. Should of used a car though.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ROFL this thread is going downhill

*eats popcorn*

i just like bashing brawl and talking about how awful/shallow/skilless/non-competitive of a game it is while i consistently 3 stock brawl-fanatics disheartening any thoughts they had of having a "fresh start"

=D

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well how bout

Melee is a F-22, fast and more of a ground kinda plane. very fast and can pull of alot of advance techs like Barrel Rolls or the Cobra thanks to its 2 engines.

Brawl is like a F-35, new and not much potential found yet, but there is a alot in that 1 engine that has VTOL capabilities, and is more of the air superiority kinda thing with its 25mm cannon and its **** load of missiles. Has alot of advance techs waiting to be found.

I dunno its 12 o'clock here and I gonna play brawl for 12 hours straight tomorrow.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace

Have fun arranging stickers all day in your inferior, stripped-down game.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
just because the earliest version was slow doesn't mean it's the best way. that way of thinking is just bad. and btw, brawl has WAY less combo potential than melee BECAUSE of the floatiness.
Way less =/= people saying it has no combo potential.
And I disagree. The floatiness, I believe, helps, not hinders, the ability to perform aerial combos. At least you don't drop like a stone 200mph in Brawl.

i just like bashing brawl and talking about how awful/shallow/skilless/non-competitive of a game it is while i consistently 3 stock brawl-fanatics disheartening any thoughts they had of having a "fresh start"
If you think it's skill-less, then it must be the sort of game a 3 year old could beat you in?
You must really suck then.

Have fun arranging stickers all day in your inferior, stripped-down game.
Hmm....stage builder, stickers, trophies, assist trophies, new items, final smashes, enhanced physics, online play, full adventure mode, co-op modes, betting on matches, coin-minigames, 35 characters, 41 stages, enhanced graphics, match-recording, spectating, sharing screenshots, multiple taunts, and 4 control schemes. I'd say Brawl has more features, therefore making it superior.

If you don't like Brawl, carry on with your Melee and leave the Brawl section. We don't need negative boohoos like you in here destroying our fun. You should be out at smelly tournaments with fat, ugly, people winning money lol

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Hmm....stage builder, stickers, trophies, assist trophies, new items, final smashes, enhanced physics, online play, full adventure mode, co-op modes, betting on matches, coin-minigames, 35 characters, 41 stages, enhanced graphics, match-recording, spectating, sharing screenshots, multiple taunts, and 4 control schemes. I'd say Brawl has more features, therefore making it superior.
None of this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Will ever matter from a competitive standpoint. Hell, as it is, half of that stuff wont even matter from a casual standpoint as most people will have finished all of the single player things within a few days.

If you don't like Brawl, carry on with your Melee and leave the Brawl section. We don't need negative boohoos like you in here destroying our fun. You should be out at smelly tournaments with fat, ugly, people winning money lol
Only if you go back to having anonymous gay sex in the back ally behind Walmart for money(If your going to make baseless statements about how other peoples lives work, Im gonna do the same)

Also, if you don't like all the competitive talk, get the **** off of the COMPETITIVE SMASH FORUMS. Im sure gameFAQS would love to have someone like you as a user.

iankobe

Smash Lord
Brawl barely came out.

We haven't even seen Brawl in a real competitive level. How can you judge so quickly? I'm freakin' sick of these kind of threads already because I love Brawl.

Just cause Brawl can't be like melee, so what? Play this game as you've never played Melee. Why are you comparing? Its a new game. Period.

M.K

Level 55
These aren't solely competitive forums. Please don't make rash statements like that. I may be talking alone here, but as a non-competitive forum goer, it offends me when people relate uncompetitiveness to inadequacy. Not so much that I feel angry, but I feel....saddened. So, please don't think we are all out to get you, because I'm not, and one person can make a difference.

Melee's competitive edge was locked in a cage.
Brawl's competitive edge is locked in a cage, welded to the floor, padlocked several times, and frozen in carbonite.

What I'm saying is, it might take a little longer, but we will eventually find what works for Brawl's competitiveness.

iankobe

Smash Lord
These aren't solely competitive forums. Please don't make rash statements like that. I may be talking alone here, but as a non-competitive forum goer, it offends me when people relate uncompetitiveness to inadequacy. Not so much that I feel angry, but I feel....saddened. So, please don't think we are all out to get you, because I'm not, and one person can make a difference.

Melee's competitive edge was locked in a cage.
Brawl's competitive edge is locked in a cage, welded to the floor, padlocked several times, and frozen in carbonite.

What I'm saying is, it might take a little longer, but we will eventually find what works for Brawl's competitiveness.
WORD.

Man. You ain't alone. I'm with you. And I know a bunch of us are too.

Death: If you really don't like Brawl. Then don't play it. No one's gonna stop you.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Hmm....
stage builder,Terrible, games last gen have better stage builders. (eg. Tony Hawk Games/ Time Splitters)
stickers, Google images + photoshop :psycho:
trophies, I admit they are 'nice'
assist trophies, a good addition for fun
new items, good for fun
final smashes, are annoying
enhanced physics, more like 'modified physics'
online play, mediocre, but a step in the right direction
full adventure mode, repetitive, tedious, boring
co-op modes, standard multiplayer > coop
betting on matches, we already had the unofficial MM
coin-minigames, play a better puzzle game
35 characters, 41 stages, its an expansion what do you expect
enhanced graphics, I agree, but it has no affect on gameplay, in addition the graphics jump was not that impressive.
match-recording, I admit this is a neat feature
screenshots, are better, but not anything special
multiple taunts,
and 4 control schemes. meh
I'd say Brawl has more featuresgimmicks, therefore making it superior.

I appears your a style over substance kind of kid. Smelly tournaments with fat and ugly people? Pardon me? What tournaments have you been attending.

M.K

Level 55
^^Those Are Opinions, and Yes They don't add to the competitive scene, but that's not all to a game now is it ;)

TenCharismaticCharmandersCharmingCompetitiveCampers.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Everything will always be an opinion, no one is ever going to be right about this cause no one can be right. It is impossible to prove that Melee is a better game. Although I'm not really sure why people are comparing them anyway, its not like Melee went anywhere. I guess its just human nature to bash something in a place made for that thing to be praised/discussed when there is no reprocussions for it, like getting your *** kicked.

It will be funny when the Brawl competitive scene takes off(or maybe it already has) and then all the Brawl haters still think it is bad for competition... There are tons of Melee pros playing Brawl, if you are going to ask anyone opinion of the game, ask them.

sincityserious

Smash Apprentice
its not like Melee went anywhere. .
lol. you're a ****ing scrub. wtf are you talking about? just stfu learn a thing or two about melee; you make me sick.

It will be funny when the Brawl competitive scene takes off(or maybe it already has) and then all the Brawl haters still think it is bad for competition... There are tons of Melee pros playing Brawl, if you are going to ask anyone opinion of the game, ask them.
haha. brawl will never be a competitive game, nub. stop fantasizing.

iankobe

Smash Lord
Again. That's just your opinion. Not a proven fact, yet.

And again. Brawl just came out not long ago. How would you know Brawl wouldn't be a competitive game? I believe if a group of people wants to be extremely good at something, they will try their best to find ways to help themselves to become more superior than others. And this is what we're doing right now.

We've BARELY scratched the surface of Brawl.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
How do you know that we have BARELY scratched the surface? Once again, that is just an opinion. You can't prove the game is going to get any more competitive than it already is(or isn't >_>) However, as of right now, we KNOW the game is not highly competitive and we KNOW that Melee is.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Even if brawl is a competitive game its still ****ed up. I mean they focused more on stupid gimmicks like stickers and adventure mode rather than um... something people actually care about like the ****ing multiplayer. And if you think those things are more important... you disgust me.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Mew2King thinks it's not as good as Melee. Zhu thinks it's not as good as Melee. Plairrnk thinks it's not as good as Melee. Cort thinks it's not as good as Melee. I haven't collected the opinions of every high level Melee player, but there does seem to be a trend here.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Hmm...I think sincityserious is quite the *******. And not the kind of ******* like Yuna who can actually back up his statements with evidence and sound arguments. The kind of ******* who simply doesn't know anything, i.e. a wannabe pro.

sincityserious

Smash Apprentice
trust me, brawl will never reach the level that melee has; not even close. also, a melee veteran could easily beat the **** of you nubs in brawl; without question.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
At least he isn't a silly little nub who hasn't been here for even 3 months. *cough*ThirdAccount*cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom