• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which will sell better: Halo 3 or SSBB?

The Bino

Smash Lord
Halo has 10x better storyline and I like the art design a lot better (Than Unreal series mind you all)
Storyline maybe, but what im actually talking about is online, which Unreal will destroy Halo in, have you even seen the trailers for it, and everything that has been shown has been shown using the PS3 and sometimes shows using the PC, but even the creators stated that it will run much more fluidly on PS3 than that of 360

And to be completely honest, even Gears of War had better multiplayer than Halo

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Storyline maybe, but what im actually talking about is online, which Unreal will destroy Halo in, have you even seen the trailers for it, and everything that has been shown has been shown using the PS3 and sometimes shows using the PC, but even the creators stated that it will run much more fluidly on PS3 than that of 360

I never play online...I always run into jerks who talk crap...So mostly I play at parties with friends or singleplayer...

I buy games for more art and story but the determining factor is gameplay

The Bino

Smash Lord
I never play online...I always run into jerks who talk crap...So mostly I play at parties with friends or singleplayer...

I buy games for more art and story but the determining factor is gameplay
You should go to gametrailers.com and watch the trailers for Unreal Tournament 3 and see what im talking about than, and you will see that the graphics for UT3 are better than Halo 3, if that's what you mean by art but idk

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You should go to gametrailers.com and watch the trailers for Unreal Tournament 3 and see what im talking about than, and you will see that the graphics for UT3 are better than Halo 3, if that's what you mean by art but idk
No, graphics is not what I mean by art but If Unreal Tournament 3 is new or something I haven't seen it yet...Depending on how new or old it is...

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, when was war declared?

We're talking about a PC and XBox First Person Shooter that is possibly the number one representation of American gaming right now. And a Wii fighting game that mainly serves as one huge reference to the history of the biggest video game company in the world?

When was there ever any competition or "war" between the two? When was there ever a need for Smash to challenge Halo? or for Halo to challenge Smash?

The answer: none. There is no consequence. There is no "war" and the analysis of the "war" only serves to spawn more idiotic fanboys.

Unless you're all business majors or marketing professionals in disguise, please stop trying to analyze this. Because to the general gaming public, this is an insignificant question.

Well, there's an overanalysis of a metaphor if I've ever seen one. I didn't mean War. I didn't even mean Competition. Odds are the Wii won't care about Halo 3 sales, or vice-versa.

And what you're saying is that nobody else in the thread should be talking simply because you think the question serves no purpose. You don't know what an Opinion Poll is, do you? If you think the question is so insignificant, why are there 9+ pages of replies?

Tbacksha

Smash Apprentice
Which do you think will sell better?

But here's the twist, all of your family is dead!?!

lumpey

Smash Rookie
i want brawl to sell better cuz i dont like xbox/xbox360
actually its just that i dont like microsoft (even though im using windows/msn). im just tired of their b*******.

ok back on the topic:
-halo will prolly sell better, unfortunatly. (ow c***) because of the huge fanbase in usa AND in europe. It's just Halo..u know, u cant argue with that. (ive never played halo in my life but i know how popular it is.) and, its a shooting game. (and it'll prolly come out on pc)

-ok now ssbb: wii sells more then 360=more ssbb bought. japanese smash fans>>>>>japanese halo(xbox360) fans (never heard of, but i believe there are)...thats all for smash.
if they add online, well, it just adds like 10% chance thats all...considering lots of ppl are buyin both halo3 and ssbb.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I prefer Halo 1's multiplayer over both Halo 2's and Gears of War's multiplayer. I've played some of both latter games on Xbox Live, and neither are quite as fun for me. I haven't played a GoW LAN, but Halo 2 multiplayer is a lot of fun when you're playing with people you know instead of all the annoying people on XBL.

Also, I love Halo's art style and direction. The Forerunner architecture is especially captivating.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
for those who dont have 360s, will have brawl, have 360 and no wii, halo 3, i am more excited about Brawl more than halo 3 though

BDAOutlaw

Smash Apprentice
Here's to hoping Brawl will beat halo 3..... I think it will for the same reasons most people have already stated.
The "NEW" online in the franchise
and the fact that theres so much more content addded in....
I recall some people who played the halo 3 beta sayings its a Halo 2 with better graphics.
(thats still not gonna stop them from buying it though :p)
PLUS brawl gets all that new music added in ZOMG hotness.
I dun see bungie focusing on every single grain in halo, like sakurai is for brawl anyway.
Or maybe thats cause I dont visit the Halo Official site.......

red stone

Smash Ace
i have a 360. however, halo 3 is not a priority for me. halo 2's online system was annoying. nobody ever talks, and i hate how long it took to get into a game. gears was way better and more personal. heck call of duty 2 was better. but maybe it's because not overbody who plays halo has a mic while the people who play true 360 games do...yeah so halo 3 may be better but really the game is not a priority for me right now.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
i have a 360. however, halo 3 is not a priority for me. halo 2's online system was annoying. nobody ever talks, and i hate how long it took to get into a game. gears was way better and more personal. heck call of duty 2 was better. but maybe it's because not overbody who plays halo has a mic while the people who play true 360 games do...yeah so halo 3 may be better but really the game is not a priority for me right now.
Wtf. Letting people talk via microphone ruins online games when you get a bunch of obnoxious 15-year-olds acting like idiots, which I've seen happen countless times with Halo 2.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Wtf. Letting people talk via microphone ruins online games when you get a bunch of obnoxious 15-year-olds acting like idiots, which I've seen happen countless times with Halo 2.
Lol. Maxpower, if Nintendo does come out with a headset, which is most likely for online play, it'll probably be set up like the DS. That means that the people you can only talk to are the people on your Wii friend code list.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo does kinda blow at setting up non-******** online services. Gotta protect the children and all that junk. Parents that buy their kids 360s don't care if the kid hears (or says) swear words and worse all day long. Many parents that buy Nintendo systems would freak out if their child read/saw/was less than 5 rooms away from someone that says a mild swear word.

I say give clan support, and treat everyone on the clan as if they each other's friend codes (for purposes of voice chat, automatically joining games), and then all the normal gamers can just join it (zomg, million member clan). Let people join multiple clans (call it something different... game I played had multi-clans, but I know most people think of them as a "you only have one" deal). Then we can customize the experience somewhat, and the parents can keep little Timmy out via - wait for it - the Wii's PARENTAL CONTROLS.

Not gonna happen, but I can dream.

will388

Smash Cadet
halo is gonna sell more, the name "halo" sells more than anything else, because the game is so easy that all the 10 year olds get a kick out of playing an online game that they can win in

halo is probably the easiest fps ive ever played and thats probably why its so popular, so people that suck can still have fun.. the sad part is just how overrated halo is, the game is trash

but its gonna sell anyway

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
halo is gonna sell more, the name "halo" sells more than anything else, because the game is so easy that all the 10 year olds get a kick out of playing an online game that they can win in

halo is probably the easiest fps ive ever played and thats probably why its so popular, so people that suck can still have fun.. the sad part is just how overrated halo is, the game is trash

You know, I don't want to derail this thread too much or go off on an anti-Halo rant, but I always hated that about Halo. I was an absolute menace at games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, but I always got pwnt at Halo by my friend because I would riddle him with 2 full clips worth of bullets over about a 15 second span, but his health would keep regenerating until he landed one solid shotgun or melee hit to kill me. I can't stand the messed up health system in that game.

SiD

Smash Master

So far I've seen two of your posts and they were both utterly bull ****. Keep your assanine opinions to yourself and stick to the subject of the thread.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Halo 3 has a larger barrier to overcome than Brawl does. Halo consists of one character wielding a wide range of weaponry on a wide selection of maps. Bungie has to work harder to make the new one feel fresh and different enough from Halo 2.

Brawl has a whole new set of characters and moves for veteran characters. The game is going to be new no matter how you look at it.

will388

Smash Cadet
So far I've seen two of your posts and they were both utterly bull ****. Keep your assanine opinions to yourself and stick to the subject of the thread.
that wasnt keeping to the topic? i said halo would sell more, and i said why.. halo sells because its easy to get good at

there are more halo fanboys than super smash fanboys and halo has more marketing.. let me know how i wasnt on topic

also, bungie doesnt work harder than the super smash team, super smash is probably the most technical fighting game out (most people dont even think its a fighting game like that but it is).. the difference between halo 1 to 2 was a joke dont even start

should we even go into "go buy an xbox just for halo, forget the other games" .. laugh

the better game will probably be smash, but halo will probably sell more (its already gold), but smash will sell alot too

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
that wasnt keeping to the topic? i said halo would sell more, and i said why.. halo sells because its easy to get good at

there are more halo fanboys than super smash fanboys and halo has more marketing.. let me know how i wasnt on topic

also, bungie doesnt work harder than the super smash team, super smash is probably the most technical fighting game out (most people dont even think its a fighting game like that but it is).. the difference between halo 1 to 2 was a joke dont even start
I wouldn't say the most technical fighter out there. There's the Guilty Gear XX series.

SiD

Smash Master

You must be kidding. First of all, Smash is not the most technincal fighting game out there. Second, tell me how Melee, Brawl, and possibly the first one have had 2 year developments while Halo 2 and 3 have had 3? Bungie works way hard, designing huge campaing levels, quite a few multiplayer levels, new vehicles and weapons, and balancing out the entire game.

If you think Halo is easy ot get good at, you must be playing against jokes of players, because you're flat out wrong. There is plenty of skill involved in Halo.

Halo 2 was astronomically different from Halo 1 by the way, don't even try that ****.

Also, gold just means it's ready for production. It has nothing to do with sales.

red stone

Smash Ace
actually, ssbm is pretty easy too. press A to attack and B to do a "special". easy enough right?

guilty gear on the other hand is like press 4 buttons to do a specific thing. it's ridiculously technical. many people are turned away from the series for it.

will388

Smash Cadet
ive never played guiltygears.. ive played doa, mortal kombat, tekken, street fighter, and other well known ones.. never heard much about guilty gears-------technical fighting games? smash is one of the higher ones on the list..
super smash is still more complicated than halo is, besides the fact that bungie 'worked on it longer'.. "new levels, vehicles and weapons" if u play a pc fps, all of that is done for free with a patch(i know, its a console game.. the point is that it wasnt this SUPER MAJOR sequel), the only good weapon balance was the pistol.. halo1 is actually better than halo2 competitively, and the halo2 single player was stupid compared to halo1 too

compared to other fps, halo is one of the easier ones, i cant think of one off to top of my head thats easier than halo.. have u played other ones?

halo2 had vehicle hijack, a bit smoother graphics, a few new things, it wasnt that huge(well u can play as a covenant now.. ok).. ive played in high level tournaments for unreal tournament, cs, and painkiller.. ive played halo alot (i used to play halo1 alot until it got too repetitve, and the online was like a unreal tournament knockoff...) and ive seen high level halo games, really it doesnt compare, if u ask people honestly i bet theyll agree that halo is sort of easy

have u seen halo wars? i bet it wont be that good, but its going to sell, its halo

not the gold but, http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/811/811803p1.html its already outselling smash and they arent even out yet

edit: theres more to smash than pressing A and B, i was hoping u were being sarcastic, or u just dont play on a competitive level.. but yeah, its to appeal to kids, halo just does a better job at it.. theres a bigger "good vs bad" skill ratio in super smash than in halo

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
technical games? its one of the higher ones on the list..
super smash is still more complicated than halo is, besides the fact that bungie 'worked on it longer'.. "new levels, vehicles and weapons" if u play a pc fps, all of that is done for free with a patch, the only good weapon balance was the pistol.. halo1 is actually better than halo2 compettiively, and the halo2 single player was stupid compared to halo1 too

compared to other fps, halo is one of the easier ones, i cant think of one off to top of my head thats easier than halo.. have u played other ones?

halo2 had vehicle hijack, a bit smoother graphics, a few new things, it wasnt that huge(well u can play as a covenant now.. ok).. ive played in high level tournaments for unreal tournament, cs, and painkiller.. ive played halo alot (i used to play halo1 alot until it got too repetitve, and the online was like a unreal tournament knockoff...) and ive seen high level halo games, really it doesnt compare, if u ask people honestly i bet theyll agree that halo is sort of easy

have u seen halo wars? i bet it wont be that good, but its going to sell, its halo

not the gold but, http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/811/811803p1.html its already outselling smash and they arent even out yet

edit: theres more to smash than pressing A and B, i was hoping u were being sarcastic, or u just dont play on a competitive level.. but yeah, its to appeal to kids, halo just does a better job at it.. theres a bigger "good vs bad" skill ratio in super smash than in halo
Of course I know there's more to playing Smash than that. I play with advanced techniques. That's how I got back into Smash, but I'm also open-minded enough to realize it isn't the most technical game out there. The Guilty Gear XX series is more technical than the Smash series. In my opinion, Halo 2 is an average shooter, but Halo 3's probably going to be the better of the three since they're working on the story to make it more engaging and this game does have more hype than Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

will388

Smash Cadet
^yeah i edit'd that, ive never played guiltygears

ive never played guiltygears.. ive played doa, mortal kombat, tekken, street fighter, and other well known ones.. never heard much about guilty gears-------technical fighting games? smash is one of the higher ones on the list..
super smash is still more complicated than halo is, besides the fact that bungie 'worked on it longer'.. "new levels, vehicles and weapons" if u play a pc fps, all of that is done for free with a patch(i know, its a console game.. the point is that it wasnt this SUPER MAJOR sequel), the only good weapon balance was the pistol.. halo1 is actually better than halo2 competitively, and the halo2 single player was stupid compared to halo1 too
smash is more technical than all of those other ones, i cant speak for guilty gears, thats why i said smash is "probably" not is

red stone

Smash Ace
yes, i do know that smash has hidden depth but really, the game is still simple. all the advanced techs just take time to get down. to actually be really good at the game comes from experience with moves and situations. it's not like the technical aspect of the game overshadows the mental aspect of the game right?

SiD

Smash Master
Ok, yeah the difference between a noob in Halo 2 and an expert is less than the same in other games, but does that mean it's any easier to get to that top level? No, becasue it's not. It's a very strategic game, especially compared to games like Unreal which are less strateegy more get the best weapon and run around like madmen. That was half sarcasm, btw, but Halo really is more strategic than most shooters at higher level play.

red stone

Smash Ace
to me, getting good at halo is really about learning the usefulness of weapons, getting good at aiming, learning good camping spots, and getting good at getting out of dangerous situations. throw some bxr, sniping, and plasma sword tricks in and you're good to go.

SiD

Smash Master
Actually, you'd be suprised at the level of aiming the pros are at. Most of them aren't that fantastic at it. It's all about tactics, and memorizing spawn points and respawn times, and surviving.

red stone

Smash Ace
true, halo 1 is the game where aiming was really important, especially with the pistol. it's like in halo 2, they completely threw precision out the window.

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah that's true to an extent red stone. I think it's a better game for it, but I hope Halo 3 will be a better mix between the two. And it looks like it will be.

cazoup

Smash Apprentice
Halo 3 cuz gaybox 360 has been out longer and halo has a huuuugelist of potential users cuz of the first person perspective. but all halo is the same aand ssbb is way more better but ya halo 3 ftl but also ftw in sales.........................if that makes any sence

Top Bottom