• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which will sell better: Halo 3 or SSBB?

Mordraug

Smash Cadet
Like the title says, which do you think will sell better.

But here's the twist:

Which do you think will be sold to more real gamers and not just the Halo fanboys who don't play any other videogame than Halo?

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
I don't know but i believe Halo will sell more overall being that it is/may? be released on pc at a later time. i don't really care, selling more doesn't mean anything.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I myself am Guessing Halo.

I am not a huge fan of the game series them selves, but I do know they have a HUGE fanbase, and almost every X-Box owner has the game, or has at least borrowed it. Personaly I think Halo will beat Brawl, but I'm not acting like I know all this.

Also, this should be in the Lighthouse room, methinks.

Puffs

Smash Ace
Halo: Copy and paste everything from Halo 2, add a couple uncreative maps and weapons, spruce up the graphics, and replace Halo 2's story mode with Halo 3's.

Brawl: Improve old characters, add new ones, add new combat tactics, implement many different story modes into a collective plot, include plenty of nostalgia from previous titles with brand new elements.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Halo: Copy and paste everything from Halo 2, add a couple uncreative maps and weapons, spruce up the graphics, and replace Halo 2's story mode with Halo 3's.
You haven't seen the commercial for Halo 3? HE SAID GOODBYE TO THE WEIRD PALM TREES!

Differences Confirmed.

No... it's still the same. lol.

NeoIronLad

Smash Rookie
as much as i hate to say it, its gonna be Halo 3 by a longshot (lol even i'm getting it xP). Solely because of the biased crowd that won't buy Brawl because its 'kiddie' and all the little kids that are like 'we should get Halo of Smash because the 'cool' older kids say Smash is for little kids'. But like if all those 'mature' gamers bought smash too, Halo 3 would still outsell, but just not by a longshot. lol i have no idea what point i just tried to prove. xD

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Wait wait wait wait.

Which game will sell more, not counting people that want to buy Halo?

What a lopsided question.

Halo still wins.

Shuma

Smash Hero
well... uhhh Duh?

Of course Halo 3 will buy more, it's "halo" .

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I'm going to be the Renegade here and say Brawl. And my opinion is going to be based on the growing Wii sells. The Wii is making a killing in markets every where and ****** PS3 and Xbox360 sells. Wii buyers are going to want a deep game and the games popularity will shift them to brawl. Also Snake fanboys might be drawn to Brawl. Halo will in no doubt in my mind be bought by all Xbox 360 owners. However from what i've seen Brawl has been in more popular disscussion that even Halo fans got in the midst of. Kiddie it may have been seen as in The 64 days but that imagine was changed in melee and the darker elements in Brawl will for sho bring an older adience to a greater scale. Which ultmately is Brawl's strong point, it has a much more distributed fanbase than Halo ever will. Even If Halo 3 gets better sales at first, I have no doubt that Brawl's overall sales will crush Halo.

And lets remember the one thing that determines whether Smash is better or not,.....Online. It's why Melee lost back then and why Brawl will succeed this time around.

Don't criticize me for my viewpoint, I'm not going with the crowd on this one. someone has to stand for brawl.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
ssbb will be sold more in time at launch halo 3 will come out on top. the japanese market dont like microsoft much.
correct me if im wrong

burrito

Smash Lord
Probably Halo, but I think it's going to be closer than a lot of people here seem to think. You have to consider that when considering how much a game will sell, you have to consider how much it will sell WORLDWIDE. For example, it just so happens that first person shooters are very unpopular in Japan.

Plus, one must consider the increasing popularity of the Wii as a system. In fact Brawl could quite possibly outsell Halo 3 considering this factor. Super Smash Bros. Melee sold approximately 6 million copies and Halo 2 sold approximately 8 million copies. Halo 3 pretty much shares the same amount of hype as Halo 2 did, but I think there is more hype for Brawl than there was for Melee. So, this factor could quite possibly push Brawl over Halo.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
That's a very good question... there isn't a good prediction. Both games have dedicated fanbases, both are in MLG, and while Halo 3 has worldwide prestige the state of the Wii has been "sold out" since its release. I say that Halo 3 will have a bigger explosion at first, but that Brawl will eventually catch up over time.

Edit: Good gamers will own both a Wii and an Xbox 360, so in terms of gamers, I think they will be about the same.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Halo will sell more copies... in America. For sure Brawl will sell better world wide. More Wiis have been sold then 360s. And this is a game everyone is going to own for each system. Brawl will win, WW at least. You can quote me on that.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I beleive part of the reason (wait I mean the only reason) melee wasn't as successful was because of how unpopular the gamecube was (I only bought my cube because of melee). Smash melee was on a unsuccessful game systemwith no online play and built on a game will slightly below revolutionary status.

Halo was on an extremely successful game system withonline play and was actully new to the world. Smash 64 recieved a kiddy status by the video game community and it was Nintens Kiddy status that unfortunately crippled the game as well as the system in whole.

.......But now, heh heh, this is a whole new ball park.

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
Halo, because every teenager with a 360 and a stupid look on his face (which is about 90% of them) will go out and buy it, while only the hardcore gamers will guy Brawl since it's "for nerds" (as the Halo gamers would say) and "it has crappy graphics" so the populous will buy Halo.
Welcome to America.
That's not to say anything against Halo, of course, but you have to admit that the majority of it's fanbase is not very bright.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
Halo, because every teenager with a 360 and a stupid look on his face (which is about 90% of them) will go out and buy it, while only the hardcore gamers will guy Brawl since it's "for nerds" (as the Halo gamers would say) and "it has crappy graphics" so the populous will buy Halo.
Welcome to America.
That's not to say anything against Halo, of course, but you have to admit that the majority of it's fanbase is not very bright.
LMAO! Not very bright? That's probably an understatement. I love Halo, but you find no end of 12 year-olds who, thinking they are the sexiest thing since sex, scream out streams of expletives to make themselves sound tough. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
It's not that simple. You have to understand that Melee almost sold as many copies as Halo 2, and the Gamecube was a joke. It did terrible compared to the Xbox.

The Wii has already sold more units than the 360, and it hasn't even been out for a year! Everyone who has a 360 will buy Halo 3, and a ton of people will buy 360s just for Brawl. But it's the exact same thing for Brawl and the Wii. I am VERY confident, almost 100% sure that in the long run, Brawl will outsell Halo 3 world wide.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
It's not that simple. You have to understand that Melee almost sold as many copies as Halo 2, and the Gamecube was a joke. It did terrible compared to the Xbox.

The Wii has already sold more units than the 360, and it hasn't even been out for a year! Everyone who has a 360 will buy Halo 3, and a ton of people will buy 360s just for Brawl. But it's the exact same thing for Brawl and the Wii. I am VERY confident, almost 100% sure that in the long run, Brawl will outsell Halo 3 world wide.
Interesting observation. But Brawl is getting little or no hype. Does Brawl have it's own brand of Soda? Shasta needs to remake the Mario Sodas. Then Brawl would sell like hotcakes.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Which do you think will be sold to more real gamers and not just the Halo fanboys who don't play any other videogame than Halo?
what a loaded, bias, leading question. You expect people to conform to your friggin' stereotypes in their responses?

You have no right trying to put a line between ''real'' gamers, and non ''real gamers'' No, I don't play Halo at all, but thats the most aggrivating question Ive seen asked here in awhile. The nerve...

SilintNinjya

Smash Apprentice
halo 3 will outsell brawl but im very excited for both...probably more so for brawl, but its pretty close...tis a good year....

bioshock
metroid
mass effect
mario
halo
brawl

whats a boy to do with himself?

SiD

Smash Master
There's no possible way Brawl will outsell Halo 3 in NA. Worldwide, it's possible, but not that likely, and here's why. Alot, maybe most, of the people that have a Wii will buy Brawl. But I guarantee that not only will 98% of 360 owners get Halo, but thousands of people will buy 360's for Halo 3. It's just a more popular series.

And if Brawl doesn't have online, it'll be a landslide victory for Halo.

EDIT:
Someguy above me said:
I honestly don't understand why everyone thinks Halo will win. I'm not being a fnboy, I'm being logical. The Wii is more popular than the 360. A lot more popular.
There are still more 360's than Wii's, it's just selling faster. The 360 will have a huge spike in sales this holiday, but the Wii is already too high for that, so it'll probably take years for the Wii to catch up total number wise, because 360 had a headstart.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
There are still more 360's than Wii's, it's just selling faster. The 360 will have a huge spike in sales this holiday, but the Wii is already too high for that, so it'll probably take years for the Wii to catch up total number wise, because 360 had a headstart.
You are a couple of weeks behind my man. => http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=508
Wii has outsold 360.

I am actually surprised that I am thinking that Brawl might actually have a chance to outsell Halo 3 after reading this topic... but... it is still slanted in Halo 3s favor.

SiD

Smash Master
You are a couple of weeks behind my man. => http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=508
Wii has outsold 360.

I am actually surprised that I am thinking that Brawl might actually have a chance to outsell Halo 3 after reading this topic... but... it is still slanted in Halo 3s favor.
Okay, my bad. I didn't realize how wrong I was. Let me revise my opinion:

If Brawl has online, it'll be close and is anyone's guess.

If Brawl does not have online, Halo 3 no question.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Wii is going to like wildfire in pretty much any country Nintendo drops it. 360 only really sells exceptionally well in North America. It's sales figures are an absolute joke in Japan (I think I saw something like 11k units a week, compared to over 80k Wiis... prolly a wider margin than that, actually). I heard Europe isn't too big in the 360, but it still does moderately decent over there. Can't remember a good estimate, just that I remember hearing it wasn't doing all that hot over there.

I'm fairly confident that Brawl will sell more worldwide. There is a chance that it'll sell more in NA, but that'll be a tight race. We got lots of people here in the states that like their "ultimate generic fps 3," as I've decided to call it (doesn't innovate much, just refines the very basic of basics - zomg, an alien AND human sniper rifle/pistol/automatic, teh inn0vashun!).

If the 6mil vs 8mil numbers are correct, for Melee vs. Halo 2, then Brawl is practically guaranteed to sell more now that Nintendo is on fire and has the number 1 selling system.

SiD

Smash Master
Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

DUH.
That's a very fanboyish response.

Some ******* said:
We got lots of people here in the states that like their "ultimate generic fps 3," as I've decided to call it (doesn't innovate much, just refines the very basic of basics - zomg, an alien AND human sniper rifle/pistol/automatic, teh inn0vashun!).
So is that. You have no idea how innovative the Halo series really is, it is literally the basis for all modern console FPS's. And Halo 3 has an Epic level editor that works while your playing, called "Forge", look it up. And an awesome saved film system that uses little space instead of real HD footage file sizes.

So don't give me that crap, Halo is a very unique game and has changed gaming forever, for the better.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
That's a very fanboyish response.
No really? I never would have thought.

*sarcasm off

And what's not to say that your responses are NOT fanboyish? Sure, maybe a lot more logical (I didn't bother to list reasons) but fanboyish nonetheless.

Not that I really think that's a bad thing...I mean, we're all posting here aren't we?

blahisuck

Smash Cadet
The winner will ultimately depend on how much the game is advertised. The Smash and Halo fanbase should be about the same (Sorry if I'm wrong), but so far Halo has alot more media coverage, the books, the movie, also because of its hyped prequels.

On the other hand, Smash 64 wasn't exactly well publicised, Smash Melee was, as stated by previous posters, on the GCN which was a weak console compared to XBOX at the time.

So, with the Wii's popularity, Sakurai could hype up Brawl enough to attract a larger crowd, which in this case, is the casual gamers.

I like both Halo and Smash, so I'll be expecting an EPIC battle between the 2 gams

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
In all honesty, I'd have to say Halo 3. As blahisuck said, there's not only more media coverage on Halo 3, but it has a larger fanbase. I know of people who say, "Halo 3! Aw, man, that sounds awesome! I'm gonna get it!" , but when I bring up Brawl, they say, "Smash Bros. Brawl? They're making one? Cool." The difference is their enthusiasm; the American crowd is much more excited about Halo 3.

And there's quite a few gamers in America as opposed to say, Japan.

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
Halo 2 sold 8 million a 24 million user base. Smash sold something like 6 million on about 22 million.

360 and Wii both have about 10 M units moved worldwide with Wii pulling ahead.

I dont think its out of the question, but the distribution of sales wont be even. I think Halo sales are a tiny bit more front loaded, whereas say Melee was pretty much the best selling Gamecube game for the entire duration of the console.

Sinvoid

Smash Apprentice
Like the title says, which do you think will sell better.

But here's the twist:

Which do you think will be sold to more real gamers and not just the Halo fanboys who don't play any other video game than Halo?
Well if we go with actual gamers. Still probably halo 3 cause its gonna have a wider range to sell on since it will be on pc to. Now the twist is that brawl is going to be online. With brawl online its gonna be some competition for halo. I mean c'mon whos not gonna play brawl online? it's FREE!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
brawl will sell better worldwide. halo 3 will only sell better in america. so overall, brawl should sell better. but even if halo sold more, it wouldn't really matter. halo is overrated crap anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Top Bottom