• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which will sell better: Halo 3 or SSBB?

heroicsonic

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is a perfect game for kids and for People above ages.

On the other hand, Halo 3 is M for mature, Thus not allowing many kids to play halo 3 due to violence Etc.

Brawl>>>>>>>>>>Halo 3

^^

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Brawl obviously. It made 1.5 mil in a month in japan only. What would happen if its released worldwide?

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Agreed Halo 3 had the best 1st day sales in history, nobody can top that ever.

syvertsen

Smash Rookie
I don't see how that helps the Halo argument at all. Fact is, a game that is more widely accepted will have a potentially larger audience.
It wasn't supposed to help the Halo argument, I explained why Halo doesn't sell in Japan. The Halo games have always sold more than Smash bros, look at Halo 2 and Halo 1 compared to Smash Brothers. Halo 3 was extremely hyped, it was big - nothing to what SSB is or will be in US. The reason the high sales in Japan is because this is the only big title since Zelda.

My point being, the anticipation for Halo has always been high - resulting in high sales. I don't know anyone who has an Xbox without Halo. That the Japanese are extending Smash Bros release to Autumn in Europe doesn't help.

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
Putting a Halo 3 vs Super Smash Brothers Brawl sales debate thread on a Super Smash Brothers website...................No chance of those opinions being bias. -LMAO- This is ridiculous and should've been closed on day one. This is a debate for MLGPRO.com or IGN.com not a Smash based site.

Some people like Halo more, some like Smash more. It's all opinion, but it's obvious Halo will sell better. What does it matter anyway? Whoever likes whichever game is gonna play it anyway. Some peps believe Halo sells because of hype. I and literally millions of either people disagree. The original Halo's exhibition at E3 2001 had mixed reviews at best, and it went on to sell around 5 million copies in it's first four years or so. Halo 3 is generally recognized as the pinnacle of competitive gaming and should be respected for that. Even if you don't enjoy it or prefer Smash for whatever reason.

The Drizzle

Smash Cadet
Well, since Smash is the Halo of the Wii, and there are more Wii's sold than 360s, I'm going with Brawl. It'll make even more sense when people realize COD4 is a much better game than Halo3 also.

Top Bottom