• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon should be in Brawl?

Which Pokemon should make the roster?

• Lucario

Votes: 255 26.3%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 264 27.2%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 191 19.7%
  • Meowth

Votes: 163 16.8%
  • Heracross

Votes: 64 6.6%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 112 11.5%
  • Poliwhirl

Votes: 38 3.9%
  • Sandslash

Votes: 106 10.9%
  • Paras

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • Swampert

Votes: 37 3.8%
  • Buoysel

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • Bulbasaur & evolutions

Votes: 52 5.4%
  • Munchlax

Votes: 45 4.6%
  • Lugia

Votes: 47 4.8%
  • Charizard

Votes: 116 11.9%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 63 6.5%
  • Scyther

Votes: 189 19.5%
  • Sneasel/Weavel

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Kadabra

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Gengar

Votes: 111 11.4%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun

Votes: 108 11.1%
  • Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan

Votes: 207 21.3%
  • Eevee & evolutions

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • Grimer

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Missingno

Votes: 95 9.8%
  • Cubone

Votes: 120 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I was talking about The_Corax_King comment.

And my post is aimed at the Blaze haters that work their way out of the wood work in times like these. . . seeing as you said nothing about Blaze than it doesn't apply to you MEWTWOMASTER2002 (^_^).

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I am a proud blaze-hater. I have hated that abomination from the moment i first saw it...

And I will continue to whine whenever it gains the lead...
Lucario > Blaziken

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i still think this poll should be restarted and i hate it when ignorant noobs come here, dont read any information and make a vote that is based on stupidity like "this character could be more of a clone". meh, when i get me new dragonite for brawl sig...
but seriously, the only reason blaziken is winning is because of ignorant noobs like the ones above: fact

Black/Light

Smash Master
i hate it when ignorant noobs come here, dont read any information and make a vote that is based on stupidity like "this character could be more of a clone".
WOWWW who sad that?
. . . .And for once, I think I agree with The_Corax_King. . . .
And explain who is (and how they are) "ignorant".

*Finds it funny that your calling someone "ignorant* when you don't/ didn't know the that theres more than one definition for the word "unique". . .*

kaid

Smash Master
Lucario is in the 8th movie, not the 9th.

And someone DID say something like, "I want Kadabra because he'd be like Mewtwo" or some such.

And the reason people complain about blaze being in the lead, is that educated Blaze supporters such as yourself also support Lucario. This means, there has to be more blind blazikin fanboys (like Pitismyangel and SubparSmashBro) then people who support Lucario but NOT Blaze.

It's these blind fanboys that are being flamed.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . .Could you clear that up a bit, don't completely understand what you said.

Well, going off what I think you mean, not ALL Blaze supporter are like me. One guy from the 2 you named supported Blaziken and Deoxy (a pokemon I don't really care for). Maybe he doesn't know much about Lucario (which is understandable) or maybe he just doesn't care for him.

Eighter way, you can't just call him a blind Blaziken fan-boy (he even said he doesn't really want more pokemon added) because he seems to have put some good thought into his choices.
(don't know about the other guy. . . but your probly right cause of his sig)

I'v seen Blaziken pass Lucario in the polls with out any blind blaze fans raving about her. . . but than you get the Lucario fan or Blaze hater that yells "ZOMg,NoOOs!!!". I just find that odd, no one complains about Lucario but the Lucario supports rant about Blaze when this happens.

(The Blaze haters)
And actually, one person seemed to be a Lucario fan and had a odd idea that all the starters would have to come with Blaze, one person openly says their a Blaze hater who will whine whenevery Blaze is in the lead and one is F-O. . . .who we all know is a Blaze hater because s/he knows that Blaziken has more of a chance of getting in than the dragons s/he loves (Than s/he openly starts to name call. . . which, to F-O, is like throwing stones when you live in a glass house).

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
(The Blaze haters)
And actually, one person seemed to be a Lucario fan and had a odd idea that all the starters would have to come with Blaze, one person openly says their a Blaze hater who will whine whenevery Blaze is in the lead and one is F-O. . . .who we all know is a Blaze hater because s/he knows that Blaziken has more of a chance of getting in than the dragons s/he loves (Than s/he openly starts to name call. . . which, to F-O, is like throwing stones when you live in a glass house).
if you're talking about me, blaziken getting in along with all of the other starters is a minor part of my argument (not that you care, because you're sick of arguing about her). i am a blaze hater because i cannot see any reason why she is significant to her franchise, and i believe the main reason she builded up popularity was because of ignorance. on top of that, i want unique (the first definition) characters. not another fighting type. when did i name call?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Like it or not bro, Lucario & Blaziken are just straight up tight. You say you don't like fighting PK. That's fine and all Fierce Oni, but keep in mind that they are dual fighting PK (Lucario: Fighting/Steel & Blaziken Fighting/Fire.) As one of the Tupac songs say "That's just the way it is."

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Like it or not bro, Lucario & Blaziken are just straight up tight. You say you don't like fighting PK. That's fine and all Fierce Oni, but keep in mind that they are dual fighting PK (Lucario: Fighting/Steel & Blaziken Fighting/Fire.) As one of the Tupac songs say "That's just the way it is."
hmmm.... you seem to be hard to understand... i never said i dont want a fighting Player Killer's...? i dont want ununique characters (first definition B/L). did i say i dont support lucario? then whats in my sig? by the way, lucario and blaziken arent dual type "player killer's".

Black/Light

Smash Master
i am a blaze hater because i cannot see any reason why she is significant to her franchise, and i believe the main reason she builded up popularity was because of ignorance. on top of that, i want unique (the first definition) characters. not another fighting type. when did i name call?
1. Please explain why you think she builded up fan-base off of ignorance? From the looks of it it seems she got her fan-base because. . . ya know. . . lots of fans liked her.
2. You want unique? Well tell me, how many fighting C 0cks are in this game? Plus, you might as well get use to saying the bolded when addressing me cause I going to bring that event up alot.
Either way, it's your opinion that a 6'ft tall fighting c 0ck isn't unique (in it's first definition) in a game with no c 0cks in it at all. . .
3. Not another fighting type? Last I chacked Lucario was more fighting type than Blaze. . . .
4. Calling the 5-4 people that voted for Blaziken yeasterday "ignorant noobs" when only 1 Blaze fan boy posted his fan-boyness isn't name calling to you?

MasterGary

Smash Ace
1. Please explain why you think she builded up fan-base off of ignorance? From the looks of it it seems she got her fan-base because. . . ya know. . . lots of fans liked her.
2. You want unique? Well tell me, how many fighting C 0cks are in this game? Plus, you might as well get use to saying the bolded when addressing me cause I going to bring that event up alot.
Either way, it's your opinion that a 6'ft tall fighting c 0ck isn't unique (in it's first definition) in a game with no c 0cks in it at all. . .
3. Not another fighting type? Last I chacked Lucario was more fighting type than Blaze. . . .
4. Calling the 5-4 people that voted for Blaziken yeasterday "ignorant noobs" when only 1 Blaze fan boy posted his fan-boyness isn't name calling to you?
if theres no fighting c 0cks in it. then what is falco. he jus hapins to b another species of bird. but he's still a bird. and why do people keep calling blaze a she. blaze cant b a he?

Black/Light

Smash Master
A Falcon (bird of pray) is not a fighting c 0ck. Thats like comparing Lucario ( Based off of a African god but still looks like a fox) to Fox. . .

And blaziken can be either male or female, I just choose to refer to her as a female.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
A Falcon (bird of pray) is not a fighting c 0ck. Thats like comparing Lucario ( Based off of a African god but still looks like a fox) to Fox. . .

And blaziken can be either male or female, I just choose to refer to her as a female.
how do u know all this about lucario? and lucario is more like a wolf thingy

Black/Light

Smash Master
how do u know all this about lucario? and lucario is more like a wolf thingy
It's been widely known that Lucario seems to be based on the Egyptian god, Anubis.
And both Foxes and Wolves are K9s. . . .
Lucario is more of a jackal than a wolf but my point stands.

kaid

Smash Master
Cairo is a city in egypt, and Lucario backwards is O-ri-ca-lu, Japaneese for Oracle.

He's not psychic, so he can't read your mind, but he can see your aura, so he can read your SOUL. I suspect his "Telepathy" is the same thing in reverse- you hear his voice in your spirit, not your head.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
wah? i could have sworn i replied to this before i fell asleep... bah...
1. because whenever a "fan" says they like it, they either say something like "YAY SKY UPPERCUT" or "here is a moveset made up of other characters moves". then theres people that say "i want it because everyone else wants it even though i couldnt care less".
2. chicken? whats the difference between a chicken and a bird? falco cant fly either. i dont use this as an argument because i dont really care about species, but this argument doesnt work anyway.
3. yeah, but blaziken seems much less unique. what does it have that no other characters have? nothing. thats what. it has no unique abilities. lucario on the other hand auctually has a few moves of his own.
4. do you think i meant every single blaziken supporter? im just refering to the majority. some of them are smart enough to not embarrese themselves by posting the stupid reasons they support it.

Black/Light

Smash Master
wah? i could have sworn i replied to this before i fell asleep... bah...
1. because whenever a "fan" says they like it, they either say something like "YAY SKY UPPERCUT" or "here is a moveset made up of other characters moves". then theres people that say "i want it because everyone else wants it even though i couldnt care less".
2. chicken? whats the difference between a chicken and a bird? falco cant fly either. i dont use this as an argument because i dont really care about species, but this argument doesnt work anyway.
3. yeah, but blaziken seems much less unique. what does it have that no other characters have? nothing. thats what. it has no unique abilities. lucario on the other hand auctually has a few moves of his own.
4. do you think i meant every single blaziken supporter? im just refering to the majority. some of them are smart enough to not embarrese themselves by posting the stupid reasons they support it.
1. Prove that please. I don't support her with those reasons and Im pretty sure random people that don't like Blaziken don't just go with the Blaze supporter just to be "cool" when more people like Lucario and make him out to be the "cool" choice . That is ALL your opinion. . .
2. One is based off of a flying bird of pray, one is based off a fighting flightless nonmeat eating bird that is used to fight. And if you don't care about "species" than let me turn the talbes. . . .Char/ Dragonite are dragons much like Browser and Lucario is apart of the K9 family much like Fox and K-Fox (who is a sure-in character)...
3. Again, YOUR opinion. Got one word for you. . . .Capoeira. Blaze could house a fighting style never seen in SSB. Just cause you don't know something doesn't make your opinion true son.
4. . . . I mean't the 4 voters that pushed Blaziken past Lucario but w/e, you just showed your own level of ignorance. Please, show me this majority that are ignorant noobs, show me how you know their ignorant. Show me that they (this, majority) don't know w/e it is your saying they don't know (you haven't once gave a true example of someone supporting Blaze out of ignorance- As in, lack of knowledge). Tell than, all you got is your opinion on the matter and your Blaze hate that makes your arguements sound. . . petty at the most.

Cut the BS, show me some proof and not your opinion. Tell than, don't state your opinion as some kind of fact.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
1. Prove that please. I don't support her with those reasons and Im pretty sure random people that don't like Blaziken don't just go with the Blaze supporter just to be "cool" when more people like Lucario and make him out to be the "cool" choice . That is ALL your opinion. . .
you seem to be one of the only people that doesnt support blaziken ignorantly. 4 should be all the proof i need.
2. One is based off of a flying bird of pray, one is based off a fighting flightless nonmeat eating bird that is used to fight. And if you don't care about "species" than let me turn the talbes. . . .Char/ Dragonite are dragons much like Browser and Lucario is apart of the K9 family much like Fox and K-Fox (who is a sure-in character)...
one is a lightless fighting bird. the other is a flightless fighting bird. it doesnt matter what they are based off. mario is based off a plumber. so what? it doesnt mean anything. Dragonite is a winged dragon with a large array of moves. bowser is a fire breathing turtle. fox is a futuristic animal mercenary with a laser gun. lucario is some sort of canine with a large array of pulse attacks. it doesnt matter what a character is based on. what matters is how unique they are (first definition).
3. Again, YOUR opinion. Got one word for you. . . .Capoeira. Blaze could house a fighting style never seen in SSB. Just cause you don't know something doesn't make your opinion true son.
Just cause you want a character using Capoeira in their moveset doesn't make Blaziken that character son. If Blaziken even did become a character, I doubt it would be based around a particular fighting style just because you want it to have it that way.
4. . . . I mean't the 4 voters that pushed Blaziken past Lucario but w/e, you just showed your own level of ignorance. Please, show me this majority that are ignorant noobs, show me how you know their ignorant. Show me that they (this, majority) don't know w/e it is your saying they don't know (you haven't once gave a true example of someone supporting Blaze out of ignorance- As in, lack of knowledge). Tell than, all you got is your opinion on the matter and your Blaze hate that makes your arguements sound. . . petty at the most.

Cut the BS, show me some proof and not your opinion. Tell than, don't state your opinion as some kind of fact.
people with a lack of knowladge that support blaziken... nearly every person that makes a post about supporting blaziken says something ignorant. none of them even state a real reason why it should be in except "its a perfect fit" even though that phrase literally makes no sense. can you see any of these people state an intelligent reason why they want blaziken? in fact, as you can see here, alot of the people that state they want blaziken seem to be noobs that dont even manage to make 50 posts.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Just cause you want a character using Capoeira in their moveset doesn't make Blaziken that character son. If Blaziken even did become a character, I doubt it would be based around a particular fighting style just because you want it to have it that way.
Do you know how phat that would be? If Blaziken had Capoeira, then he would be unstoppable! Even though I always thought he took Muay Thai kickboxing.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
the way i see it, we should agree to not agree. then we won end up with the same posts. think of pokemon like a ssb charater. we each have a special preference. some of us pick em cuz we think they are cool, some because of great moves, some even because they were the first you looked at. Blaziken is pretty cool, Lucario is pretty cool, so just deal with it. i personally think that the fans for blaze are going through a fad. Everyone likes the fire starter pokemon, and it's always some 5'7-6'0 foot tall flaming aniamal. i bet, like a year from now, every one is gonna talk about the new fire starter, that flaming monnkey thing, goukazaru ( tell me if i mispell it). Just like some of the fans for lucario are probably gona flip out when the next cool pokemon movie comes on. I think that they should put in some newer ones, but also a few of the old favs from the R/B series. (red and blue)

and also, to clear things up, from some the old posts
Lucario=Fighting/Steel
Blaze=Fire/Fighting

the first is the primary category it is in ( YES LUCARIO IS MORE OF A FIGHTING TYPE THAN BLAZIKEN)

Black/Light

Smash Master
you seem to be one of the only people that doesnt support blaziken ignorantly. 4 should be all the proof i need.
Wow, so because a few people support Blaziken by saying "Perfect Fit!!!" means that they all do? Hell, one of the 2 people who started you alls flaming actually said something along the lines of "Blazikens pretty much known by everyone who has played R/S" which I think is a pretty good support reason from someone who doesn't want more pokemon.

one is a lightless fighting bird. the other is a flightless fighting bird. it doesnt matter what they are based off. mario is based off a plumber. so what? it doesnt mean anything. Dragonite is a winged dragon with a large array of moves. bowser is a fire breathing turtle. fox is a futuristic animal mercenary with a laser gun. lucario is some sort of canine with a large array of pulse attacks. it doesnt matter what a character is based on. what matters is how unique they are (first definition).
I wonder why your the only person I see that limates the use of "unique" to it's first meaning. . . I didn't hear Sakurai limate it to that meaning so your "first definition" part only really applies to your opinion. In all truth Blaziken is a unique character so I don't see just WHY you are trying to force every character that should be in this game into that one limated difinition as if you know the divs wanted unique characters in the first definition only.

Read closely son, I said COULD. Based solely on Blaziken's pokemon describtion she would be centered on kicking seeing as she can kick over 10 time a second and jump 30 ft in her pokemon describtion. Im just using a fighting style ( Capoeira) to show how UNIQUE a kick/ leg based move-set could be. It could be Capoeira, TaeKwonDo, Wushu leg based style, a combu of all this or any of the 100s of kick based fighting styles. I just use one by name so that I don't have to show example after example of how a kick based move-set can be different to any other style seen in this game (Gets the point across MUCH faster and alows me to show off a few vids for better understanding).
people with a lack of knowladge that support blaziken... nearly every person that makes a post about supporting blaziken says something ignorant. none of them even state a real reason why it should be in except "its a perfect fit" even though that phrase literally makes no sense. can you see any of these people state an intelligent reason why they want blaziken? in fact, as you can see here, alot of the people that state they want blaziken seem to be noobs that dont even manage to make 50 posts.
*Points to my post on the shrine*
Again, proof please. Must people that support Blaze here don't even give reasons for it by posting. . . .they just vote for her. My post on the shrine says the rest.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
why cant all u people just stop all this flaming. sum people like blaze. sum people like lucario.i like both but flaming them wont change the opinion or who they vote for. just giv up.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Yeah, these is another one of those useless arguments. It only started because 3 Blaze haters got mad over her lead and now it's down to only one Blaze hater using their personal opinion to argue (which they shouldn't be doing).

I'v wasted out one too many big post on this agruement anyway. . .

*Cages the beast*

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
i wasnt arguing, but pointing out how both sides are wrong
truth is, both of the pokemon named are "Fadmon" ( the pokemon that commonly turn regualr people into flaming forumers who hate each other).

look, blaziken is a fad, becuase just about all fire starter pokemon are
lucario is just a fad, like many legendary/other pokemon who were in movies (ie some like the Pichu Brothers, Deoxys, and even Pikachu)

there is always gonna be a fadmon, and many will like and dislike the others. get over it. if someone wants blaziken in here, and u want Lucario, stfu. the most popular pokemon, taken from poll from probably a long time ago, are going to decide who the next pokemon are to b inside of brawl

Corin

Smash Lord
why cant all u people just stop all this flaming. sum people like blaze. sum people like lucario.i like both but flaming them wont change the opinion or who they vote for. just giv up.
It's actually Oiracul backwards, but hey, close enough.

I voted Gengar. Ah loves me some ghosties.

kaid

Smash Master
^ Perhaps in english, that's true, but in english, oiracul doesn't mean anything.

in Kanji, each sylable is a symbol. So O-ri-ca-lu is Lu-ca-ri-o backward. Oricalu is the japaneese word for Oracle

If you're going to correct someone, make sure you know what you're talking about.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
^ Perhaps in english, that's true, but in english, oiracul doesn't mean anything.

in Kanji, each sylable is a symbol. So O-ri-ca-lu is Lu-ca-ri-o backward. Oricalu is the japaneese word for Oracle

If you're going to correct someone, make sure you're right...
how do u people know all of this stuff. and why egzactly wud u want to know all of this?(unless ur japanese or sumthing like that)

kaid

Smash Master
My sister is in japan right now, as an exchange student. She'll be coming home in febuary. Does that answer your question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom