• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon should be in Brawl?

Which Pokemon should make the roster?

• Lucario

Votes: 255 26.3%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 264 27.2%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 191 19.7%
  • Meowth

Votes: 163 16.8%
  • Heracross

Votes: 64 6.6%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 112 11.5%
  • Poliwhirl

Votes: 38 3.9%
  • Sandslash

Votes: 106 10.9%
  • Paras

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • Swampert

Votes: 37 3.8%
  • Buoysel

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • Bulbasaur & evolutions

Votes: 52 5.4%
  • Munchlax

Votes: 45 4.6%
  • Lugia

Votes: 47 4.8%
  • Charizard

Votes: 116 11.9%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 63 6.5%
  • Scyther

Votes: 189 19.5%
  • Sneasel/Weavel

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Kadabra

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Gengar

Votes: 111 11.4%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun

Votes: 108 11.1%
  • Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan

Votes: 207 21.3%
  • Eevee & evolutions

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • Grimer

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Missingno

Votes: 95 9.8%
  • Cubone

Votes: 120 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
You both are being kind of immature. So I'll just throw in my two cents with: if you're not gonna get along just stfu or gtfo.

Hey, didn't say I was gonna be any more mature.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
yea, this is a topic where there are sides. it's dumb not to stand for what you beleive in. that just makes you less of a person, and an idiot for not speaking up. that's just the way things work. we'll argue for a while, we'll make a resolve, and then argue again. it's the nature of things in the human world. every action has an opposite yet equal reaction. since you cant understand what anyone is saying, you'll denounc eit as immature. your supposed to be the adult (your 19). the one who should grow up, sadly, is you.

Lutz

Smash Cadet
dragonite or charizard will not be playable characters, I am sorry thats just how it is

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
yea, this is a topic where there are sides. it's dumb not to stand for what you beleive in. that just makes you less of a person, and an idiot for not speaking up. that's just the way things work. we'll argue for a while, we'll make a resolve, and then argue again. it's the nature of things in the human world. every action has an opposite yet equal reaction. since you cant understand what anyone is saying, you'll denounc eit as immature. your supposed to be the adult (your 19). the one who should grow up, sadly, is you.
I'm an adult, so I can recognize that this is the internet. It's the most widely-spread form of imperosnal communication. Getting upset over something like this is what I would consider a waste of time and energy. I understand standing up for what you believe in; but this is Pokemon were talking about here. It's not even a set of morals or beliefes, it's just pointless speculation that nobody has any backing for. In cases like this, if someone has a difference in opinion, let them have it, no need to argue with them.

And I just happen to be an adult who enjoys being sarcastic or otherwise not serious while online, for the most part at least. So at least understand where I'm coming from, and accept that what I say is generally in good humour. Otherwise I'd suspect a bit of hypocrisy in you.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
I think that they have enough Pokemon in Brawl. The only way i would want more is if they replaced a new pokemon with pichu(no offense pichu players, i just dont like him).

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
no ones upset, a sad downfall of the net you cant type a certain feeling. no one should be getting upset, but i just like to argue. it's just how i was sinece i was a little kid. the internet is great for arguing, cuz its the fastest way to get views from across the world. i really wanna know the limmits of my worldly peers thought, so i argue.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
My point is to not take things so seriously online, and to not take other people's views personally. Stay at an observational standpoint... and argue your side if you want. Just don't get bent out of shape when the other person doesn't listen, or of others argue back.

That last bit wasn't necessarily directed towards urban_shinobi... but just a regular guildline for forum surfing.

Of all the psychology, anthropology, sociology and communications classes... I'd have to say that the internet is it's own society and is to be treated with a certain set of rules (customs, per se). The only difference is that you don't work towards being polite to other people, you just ensure that you, yourself do not get offended. Which in the end ultimately leads to desensitization. It's the sacrifice one must make to be apart of this community (the internet).

And all this, because people can be *******s without having to see someone's face, and because misinterpretations are common due to the lack of tone of voice, facial expression, and overall body language.

LOL, I'm about ready for my thesis now :D

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
My point is to not take things so seriously online, and to not take other people's views personally. Stay at an observational standpoint... and argue your side if you want. Just don't get bent out of shape when the other person doesn't listen, or of others argue back.

That last bit wasn't necessarily directed towards urban_shinobi... but just a regular guildline for forum surfing.

Of all the psychology, anthropology, sociology and communications classes... I'd have to say that the internet is it's own society and is to be treated with a certain set of rules (customs, per se). The only difference is that you don't work towards being polite to other people, you just ensure that you, yourself do not get offended. Which in the end ultimately leads to desensitization. It's the sacrifice one must make to be apart of this community (the internet).

And all this, because people can be *******s without having to see someone's face, and because misinterpretations are common due to the lack of tone of voice, facial expression, and overall body language.

Yay! Exactly. This site is a place to share opinions and not to jerks. I hate it when i say a simple quote and some guy just rips my head off. You summed it all up right there.

Lutz

Smash Cadet

as much as I agree with you it will not change, you can't go on here write this crap and expect people to follow it, no the internet is not the same as society with rules, the point to these threads is to voices ones opinion because like the rest of the world someone will always have something else to say about your own opinion weither it be bad or good, there are no rules, thats whats so great about it, so please if you don't take the internet seriously then why right such a large post about change, there will be no change, there will always be a 14 year old who comes on here saying they want dragonite for brawl because he would have a cool move set, then there will be a non-pokemon fan who will rip into him that life of the internet if one can't handle the flames then don't go on it.

go and dragonite will not be a playable character in brawl

MasterGary

Smash Ace
i agree with they guy above me. no matter how much people post how to behave urself online n all of that stuff. there will always b the people just post how they feel and int he way that they feel.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
You guys are still missing the point.

All I'm saying is that you have to learn to not take stuff online personally. There are alot of people who do, and a lot of people will be *******s just to get a reaction out of the other person. Yeah, I'm not expecting everyone to follow these guidelines, I'm just throwing it out there to at least quell the arguing.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Yay! Exactly. This site is a place to share opinions and not to jerks. I hate it when i say a simple quote and some guy just rips my head off. You summed it all up right there.
You, too, missed my point. You should be letting some guy be a jerk. You just have to let it go. Which, as I stated above, is why people get desensitized to all sorts of **** online.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
they both suc, so w/e

o and ipslne, i learned that about 2 years after i regular visited the net, playing starcraft in 6th grade. i used to get so worked up over it, but stopped in 7th. i figured out that no matter what i said, no matter how much i scolded, said stop, spammed or pleaded, there was always the one guy i thought was a ******* who came on and ripped everything i said to shreds. i'm pretty sure i understand what ur getting at now

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
is Lucario a Legendary pokemon if he s i want him to be playable and if he's not then still ant him to be playable :D

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
there will always be a 14 year old who comes on here saying they want dragonite for brawl because he would have a cool move set, then there will be a non-pokemon fan who will rip into him that life of the internet if one can't handle the flames then don't go on it.

go and dragonite will not be a playable character in brawl
get your facts straight and while your at it, provide some facts of your own to back up your opinion. im 15 and i dont want dragonite only because it would have a cool moveset. you seem very arrogant. noone know who is going to be in or out, so dont say your opinion like it is a fact, no matter how much you believe it.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
i know also. i'd love for himm to be in, but it is highly unlikely that any pokemon, cept a select few, will make it from past series. that is just he way it is. deal with it.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
thats not a fact. there isnt any reason why the older pokemon (the best, most popular pokemon) stand a lesser chance. now stop using rumors and opinions as facts. its getting annoying.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
ok, look stupid, do you see who you are quoting. me saying that a MANY pokemon who arent symbols for the franchise from the first game isnt using my opinion or a fact. it's just logic, the way the world works. that is why you dont see playstation 1 or the 64 in Wal-Mart all too often; it's old, decrepid, and sadly wouldnt make it as far as many systems on the market today. we are a civlization of change. although many like old pokemon, there is a slightly less chance that any more from red/blue will come into this game franchise; another thing i already said, that is sadly not a rumor or an opinion. thing of it like racing games today. they arent gonna put an old 40 mile an hour car in there, and if they did, they would put remake it into something new. you tell everyone that they are qouting opinions and rumors and making them fact. that just goes and nullifies your whole argument; we talking about pokemon not global warming. it's not like you can go to petco and ask for a squirtle. and dont come here with all this pokedex stuff, cuz that fits the not real category also.

i didnt say he could never ever in a million years be in, but that any old pokemon in a new game is highly uinlikey to be put in.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
ok, look *******, do you see who you are quoting.
is that a question?
me saying that a MANY pokemon who arent symbols for the franchise from the first game isnt using my opinion or a fact. it's just logic, the way the world works.
i never denied the fact that some pokemon arent symbols. i was just pointing out that older pokemon not standing any chance against newer pokemon is BS, because the older pokemon are the best ones. pokemon not being symbols not standing a chance? then whats this?
we need a pokemon that is unpopular
looks like you contradicted yourself... anyway, unless you havnt realised, Dragonite is a symbol in some ways.
that is why you dont see playstation 1 or the 64 in Wal-Mart all too often; it's old, decrepid, and sadly wouldnt make it as far as many systems on the market today. we are a civlization of change.
unlike newer consoles, newer pokemon dont get better. they get worse while older pokemon get upgraded past them. everyone knows that.
although many like old pokemon, there is a slightly less chance that any more from red/blue will come into this game franchise; another thing i already said, that is sadly not a rumor or fact.
if that isnt a rumor or fact, what is that? an opinion? i guess it is, because thats what it looks like.
thing of it like racing games today. they arent gonna put an old 40 mile an hour car in there, and if they did, they would put remake it into something new. you tell everyone that they are qouting opinions and rumors and making them fact. that just goes and nullifies your whole argument; we talking about pokemon not global warming.
bah... i hate arguing with you... your arguments suck, you contradict yourself too many times for me to notice and i cant understand you... like i said before, older pokemon remain as the best pokemon. newer pokemon arent better than older ones. what does global even have to do with pokemon?
it's not like you can go to petco and ask for a squirtle.
whos petco?
and dont come here with all this pokedex stuff, cuz that fits the not real category also.
wat is that supposed to mean?
i didnt say he could never ever in a million years be in, but that any old pokemon in a new game is highly uinlikey to be put in.
like all the other things you say, that doesnt make sense.
and if it is intelligent enough to match human, why the hell has it been caught in the game
good question... i wonder if i can compare that theory to other intelligent such as pokemon like mewtwo and alakazam...

now, please try and make an effort to make sense. i know it must be stressing for your brain, but the extra effort pays off.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
"me saying that a MANY pokemon who arent symbols for the franchise from the first game isnt using my opinion or a rumor. it's just logic, the way the world works. "
i never denied the fact that some pokemon arent symbols. i was just pointing out that older pokemon not standing any chance against newer pokemon is BS, because the older pokemon are the best ones.

"Originally Posted by urban_shinobi
we need a pokemon that is unpopular"
pokemon not being symbols not standing a chance? then whats this?looks like you contradicted yourself... anyway, unless you havnt realised, Dragonite is a symbol in some ways.
No, i didnt. Saying what you think people need, and saying what you know are two different things. I said that we need some unpopular pokemon. that's because many of the pokemon in the game are big symbols, which sadly dragonite is not. it's just mysterious, and "as intelligent as humans". That doesnt make it a symbol, nor does the fact that it is your favorite pokemon. Older pokemon not standing mush of a chance isn't bull, but it is truth. older pokemon may be the best in your opinion, but your not thinking of it in a producers stadpoint. they arent just making the game for people who can remember the older pokemon. they have to come to an agreement over all the eyars they missed, and how to fully represent the newest generation. heck, i want poliwrath in the game, but i know it won't ever happen. many kids in Japan, and in America who are just getting not pokmon arent going to know what the hell many of the oldies are. i couldnt have contradicted myself if i state an my personal opinion and what i get from a bunch of people.

unlike newer consoles, newer pokemon dont get better. they get worse while older pokemon get upgraded past them. everyone knows that.
The only reason newer pokemon don't get better, is because your mindset is on a game with a bunch of old pokemon again and again and again. Newer pokemon do get better. Newer ones look somewhat better, and have great stats. pokemon isnt just a constant attack game. you need to use some strategy when battling, whether it is to up ur attack so that when you decide to use your move it will be a one hit KO, or whether or not you'll play defense and wait for an opening to attack. They dont get worsed, it is just that some new ones are unneeded.

"although many like old pokemon, there is a slightly less chance that any more from red/blue will come into this game franchise; another thing i already said, that is sadly not a rumor or fact. "

if that isnt a rumor or fact, what is that? an opinion? i guess it is, because thats what it looks like.
I do apoligize for that typo, but now that i think about it, it is more of an inference. If you look at everyday life, or even TV commercial, on every channel you wont see a commercial from like 10+ years ago that often, if at all. there is a high chance that no new pokemon from the R/B series will go into the game, because it is old. I didint say impossible, but not as likely as lucario or blazekin ( not to say any of those 2 would make it in)

"thing of it like racing games today. they arent gonna put an old 40 mile an hour car in there, and if they did, they would put remake it into something new. you tell everyone that they are qouting opinions and rumors and making them fact. that just goes and nullifies your whole argument; we talking about pokemon not global warming."bah... i hate arguing with you... your arguments suck, you contradict yourself too many times for me to
notice and i cant understand you... like i said before, older pokemon remain as the best pokemon. newer
pokemon arent better than older ones. what does global even have to do with pokemon?
Global warming doesnt have anything to do withpokemon, I was trying to make a dumb point. Older pokemon COULD be the be the best, but they have a lesser chance of getting into a newer game. Sure they may throw in like one,( you kow, like the WTF character in Melee Mr.Game & Watch/Ice Climber) but again, highly unlikely. your taking this too seriously. If i'm you just contradicted yourself, because of you cant notice it is a contradiction then it isnt. i sitll cant see wtf older vs newer pokemon had to do in this bit. The global warming part was about the fact that the arguement your making is pointless. im mean come on, there are like 5 regulars on this thing.

whos petco?
if you dont know who petco is, then that just means you spend too much time indoors. i think I used their name wrong though, i dunno if all of them sell pets ( one of em here does)

"and dont come here with all this pokedex stuff, cuz that fits the not real category also. "wat is that supposed to mean?
Fictional fact count as unreal tidbits of info. you're quoting a pokedex for crying out loud.

"i didnt say he could never ever in a million years be in, but that any old pokemon in a new game is highly uinlikey to be put in. "like all the other things you say, that doesnt make sense.
I NEVER SAID HE COULDNT BE PUT IN, BUT IT IS RATHER UNLIKEY FOR HIM TO GO IN WITH SO MANY NEWER POKEMON ON THE MARKET. i have some bad word order, and i apoligize for that, but just try and make sense of it. that can go a long way in you yourself not being confused

usually i use the quick reply stuff, so i dont check my work and write my thoughts as they come. Still, half the stuff that made no sense to you would have if you'd think for a while.

Nebuor316

Smash Rookie
Im tellin u all meowth has bin around 4 hella long, 4get any of tha new pokemon jus hav em appear in tha pokeballs... its all about tha o.gs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom