• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon should be in Brawl?

Which Pokemon should make the roster?

• Lucario

Votes: 255 26.3%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 264 27.2%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 191 19.7%
  • Meowth

Votes: 163 16.8%
  • Heracross

Votes: 64 6.6%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 112 11.5%
  • Poliwhirl

Votes: 38 3.9%
  • Sandslash

Votes: 106 10.9%
  • Paras

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • Swampert

Votes: 37 3.8%
  • Buoysel

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • Bulbasaur & evolutions

Votes: 52 5.4%
  • Munchlax

Votes: 45 4.6%
  • Lugia

Votes: 47 4.8%
  • Charizard

Votes: 116 11.9%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 63 6.5%
  • Scyther

Votes: 189 19.5%
  • Sneasel/Weavel

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Kadabra

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Gengar

Votes: 111 11.4%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun

Votes: 108 11.1%
  • Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan

Votes: 207 21.3%
  • Eevee & evolutions

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • Grimer

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Missingno

Votes: 95 9.8%
  • Cubone

Votes: 120 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
gokuzaru? meh... i guess i would prefer it over blaziken... im still against humanoid starters though. auctually, im against most human based martial art pokemon with no special abilities. the pokemon franchise should be supplying original creatures as characters, we can get fire conjuring humans and boxers from other games.

may i have permission to create a new dragonite support thread, mods? i have created an updated version of the front page of the last one, and the old thread is filled with enough posts already. you could just close the old one

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Only a couple of them are bad but I WANT to see Lucario,Sceptile,Blaziken and Deoxys appear as playable characters just like how melee had Mewtwo I want Lucario,Sceptile,Blaziken and Deoxys to strut on to the Wii

P.S Lucario evolves from a pokemon that you get in D/P from an egg on Iron Island and it can only be captured in that way.

kaid

Smash Master
P.S Lucario evolves from a pokemon that you get in D/P from an egg on Iron Island and it can only be captured in that way.
Serebii said the egg came from a trainer you team up with as part of the normal quest, who looks just like Auron from Lucario's movie. Can you confirm that "Iron Island" bit?

rojosmasher

Smash Apprentice
ive got to say i would say dragonite would be sweet but upon reflection i think deoxys would be easyier to control and would be kinda like mewtwo.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
whenever i hear someone say something like "i would rather have [1suggestion] because he is more like [present character] who is already in the game, therefore i want [1suggestion] more than [2suggestion] because [1suggestion] would be more of a clone and [2suggestion] would be completely unique, and i would rather have a more clony character than a completely unique character", I get pissed off

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
i voted gengar, however i think that slowpoke would make a great addition to brawl!

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Gengar would be cool but he is a ghost type so I could see that being a odd choice for one of the characters. Slowpoke...yeah I could name a lot more that would fit the roster so much better.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
you need Lucario (ninja super pokemon) but there are some not on list. a few that should be on (in mine and some others respects) are :

Poliwrath-Poliwhirl is pretty cool, but the Wrathmaster can fight, way better
Medicham-The Bruce lee clone is too cool, and needs to be in
Blaziken-(already on list)but with the Sky uppercut as up-b
Vigoroth-the hyperactive ape needs to be the Donkey kong clone-ish person
Ninetales-the amazement of that has been ignored for too long, and just neds to be in

that's ir, collest we thought(top six) tell me if u think different

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
maybe instead of Gengar for brawl...we should have GASTLY!!!!!
or maybe even Haunter, he's so much cooler than the other two, and he actually has some hands (Gengar only got Kirby-like arms)

But where are the Sneasel-supporters, please post so I can get some support
SNEASEL IN BRAWL

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
What if we reset it with, say, just the pokemon who got over 100 votes on this poll?

And link to each support thread, while we're at it?
The same system for the gathering of the options from the current poll should be used again. High results in the current poll only show the opinions of people months ago while factors like new spin-off games and media, and new Pokémon, were changing during that time.

BTW, December is ending, and I still don't see a more likely Pokémon for SSBB than Lucario himself. As for the rest, animé may be the key to forecast the Pokémon sub-roster most correctly.

eazail

Smash Apprentice
I say, Sandslash. He is, and has ALWAYS been my favorite pokemon. Just imagine all the combo possibilities with his claws. Also, He'd probably be able to do some kind of roling attack.

All I know is, if they ever put Sandslash in Super Smash brothers as a playable character, I'd be a happy man for life.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
blaziken is perfect. as his forward smash atack it cud b c.falcon's kick from ssb64. his up+b cud b sky uppercut. he cud have sum other moves and play similar to falco. and lucario cud b cool too after watchin the movie.

kaid

Smash Master
Try reading the Lucario thread, and watching the movie on youtube. (Don't worry, this one will NOT make you have to rip your eyes out afterward.)

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
I seriously think no pokemon need to be added. Of course, I'm the kind of guy who wants three characters at most to represent one franchise, and just have tons of characters from different games.

But if I had the choice, I'd choose Blaziken or Deoxys. Blaziken not only because he'd obviously fit in with smash since he's fighting type, and built like a human, but he's also pretty well known by anyone who's watched the anime or played Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. He seems like a more-logical and deserving choice.
Then there's Deoxys, just because he seems cool to me. His moveset would be awesome, the ability to change between defensive, speed, and attack forms, as well as having his own exclusive move, Psycho Boost. Think about playing with a character that can go from light, agile, fast, with good jumps and weak power(speed form), to powerful, fast, and heavy with low jumps(attack form), to heavy and slow, but a good edgeguarder(defenseform). It could be like the Sheik/Zelda thing, but with the forms more dependant on each other. My personal favorite, but I don't think he's very well known aside from his movie. (Since he isn't legally catchable in any game, iirc)

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
I seriously think no pokemon need to be added. Of course, I'm the kind of guy who wants three characters at most to represent one franchise, and just have tons of characters from different games.

But if I had the choice, I'd choose Blaziken or Deoxys. Blaziken not only because he'd obviously fit in with smash since he's fighting type, and built like a human, but he's also pretty well known by anyone who's watched the anime or played Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. He seems like a more-logical and deserving choice.
Then there's Deoxys, just because he seems cool to me. His moveset would be awesome, the ability to change between defensive, speed, and attack forms, as well as having his own exclusive move, Psycho Boost. Think about playing with a character that can go from light, agile, fast, with good jumps and weak power(speed form), to powerful, fast, and heavy with low jumps(attack form), to heavy and slow, but a good edgeguarder(defenseform). It could be like the Sheik/Zelda thing, but with the forms more dependant on each other. My personal favorite, but I don't think he's very well known aside from his movie. (Since he isn't legally catchable in any game, iirc)
They could always take out pichu and replace him with Blazeken

Corinth

Smash Cadet
My god.. Blaziken's winning now??? Blaziken is just some overrated chicken! Seriously, Lucario pwns Blaziken in every way possible

Playable Starter Pokemon + Brawl = ERROR

Corinth

Smash Cadet
IMO, Blaziken is just a fad. Just like how Charizard was before SSBM came out.

Anyways, if Blaziken were in, they would have to put in Swampert and Sceptile to even out the popularity between the starters. Nobody likes too many characters from one series in the game, so its best not to include him :-P (not to mention the starters from the previous generations)

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
My god.. Blaziken's winning now??? Blaziken is just some overrated chicken! Seriously, Lucario pwns Blaziken in every way possible

Playable Starter Pokemon + Brawl = ERROR

w00t! Agreed 100%.
Blaziken is ugly. You cant forget that...
And at least lucario had a part in something other than the game. Blaziken has no special status... just another starter (one of the dumbest IMO)

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well. . . .

1. Yeah, that is your opinion. . .

2. They don't have to add the other starters if Blaziken is added. Why would they? The others has very lil fan-base so theres no reason to add them. Plus, the starters arnt "auto-grouped" seeing as the 2nd gen water starter didn't get pokeballed like in with the others.

Adding Blaziken =/= adding in all starters. Adding Blaziken = adding a pokemon with high US/ UK fan-base.

Why is there soo much "ZOMG BlAZiKEns in the lead!! BlaZikennns a fIRe ChICKeenn!!! LUcaRiOs BetTEr!!!" from some Lucario fan(s) whenever Blaziken's in the lead? It's like a pattern. . . .you never get that from anyone till Blaziken is in the lead. . . :confused: :ohwell:

Coo down, Lucario will work his way up once Kaid or some other Lucario fan bumps the shrine because there tried of her winning. .
(lol, I find it kind of funny that Blaziken doesn't even have a great thread about it like Lucario yet she keeps her fan following here)

Jacker128

Smash Cadet
Well. . . .

1. Yeah, that is your opinion. . .

2. They don't have to add the other starters if Blaziken is added. Why would they? The others has very lil fan-base so theres no reason to add them. Plus, the starters arnt "auto-grouped" seeing as the 2nd gen water starter didn't get pokeballed like in with the others.

Adding Blaziken =/= adding in all starters. Adding Blaziken = adding a pokemon with high US/ UK fan-base.

Why is there soo much "ZOMG BlAZiKEns in the lead!! BlaZikennns a fIRe ChICKeenn!!! LUcaRiOs BetTEr!!!" from some Lucario fan(s) whenever Blaziken's in the lead? It's like a pattern. . . .you never get that from anyone till Blaziken is in the lead. . . :confused: :ohwell:

Coo down, Lucario will work his way up once Kaid or some other Lucario fan bumps the shrine because there tried of her winning. .
(lol, I find it kind of funny that Blaziken doesn't even have a great thread about it like Lucario yet she keeps her fan following here)
I'm a Lucario fan but I can most certainly see how Blaziken can fit in. Overall, Lucario's stronger and more popular than Blaziken mainly due to his role in the 9th movie. Besides, we all know Lucario'll be the true victor in the end:cool:. If not, then kudos to who claims his spot;).

Corinth

Smash Cadet
Another problem with Blaziken is that all his positive reasons can also apply to Deoxys and Lucario, who, unlike Blaziken, are legendary class characters, which mean they are the most powerful and most desirable characters in the games. Blaziken, while strong and capable, is not iconic or a primary character, he's actually rather mundane compared to the mascot characters (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Meowth, Marill) or the legendary fighter characters (Mewtwo, Deoxys, Lucario).

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Another problem with Blaziken is that all his positive reasons can also apply to Deoxys and Lucario, who, unlike Blaziken, are legendary class characters, which mean they are the most powerful and most desirable characters in the games. Blaziken, while strong and capable, is not iconic or a primary character, he's actually rather mundane compared to the mascot characters (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Meowth, Marill) or the legendary fighter characters (Mewtwo, Deoxys, Lucario).
FYI, Lucario isn't even a legendary pokemon. He is obtainable in D/P by evolving a rare Pokemon that you get by hatching an egg. Lucario is popular because he had a major role in a movie, and he just looks cool.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I'm a Lucario fan but I can most certainly see how Blaziken can fit in. Overall, Lucario's stronger and more popular than Blaziken mainly due to his role in the 9th movie. Besides, we all know Lucario'll be the true victor in the end:cool:. If not, then kudos to who claims his spot;).
Im a Lucario fan too (and a Blaze fan as well). We know that Lucario is a sure-in so why are some people trying to get all hatered up like their drinking hateraid when ever Blaziken gets the lead?

And Corinth, IDK what you mean by "legendary fighter characters" but Lucario's not legendary. . . . and Blaziken's fan-base is higher that Deoxy's. Hell, we can look at Blaziken like Pitt if she gets in (as in, The character that got in because of their great fan-base).

*Wonders why the Blaziken haters just love to try to bring her down when shes in the lead. . .*
Edit- Blaze looks kick @$$. . .

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I wasn't even talking about Blaziken. He could fit in, but there are just a lot more choices outside this poll. In fact, there are plenty of Pokemon I prefer over both Lucario and Blaziken...mainly hoping Pichu stays. I'm not trying to bring Blaziken down, and I never said Blaziken didn't look cool. In the end it's Sakurai's decision who goes in, not ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom