• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon should be in Brawl?

Which Pokemon should make the roster?

• Lucario

Votes: 255 26.3%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 264 27.2%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 191 19.7%
  • Meowth

Votes: 163 16.8%
  • Heracross

Votes: 64 6.6%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 112 11.5%
  • Poliwhirl

Votes: 38 3.9%
  • Sandslash

Votes: 106 10.9%
  • Paras

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • Swampert

Votes: 37 3.8%
  • Buoysel

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • Bulbasaur & evolutions

Votes: 52 5.4%
  • Munchlax

Votes: 45 4.6%
  • Lugia

Votes: 47 4.8%
  • Charizard

Votes: 116 11.9%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 63 6.5%
  • Scyther

Votes: 189 19.5%
  • Sneasel/Weavel

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Kadabra

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Gengar

Votes: 111 11.4%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun

Votes: 108 11.1%
  • Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan

Votes: 207 21.3%
  • Eevee & evolutions

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • Grimer

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Missingno

Votes: 95 9.8%
  • Cubone

Votes: 120 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

REØ

Smash Lord
who says cubone would be that weak, look a jigs and pika they're doing fine, and mewtwo just sucks, i don't want them to add powerhouse pokemon like mewtwo because than they are gonna end up sucking and being to slow.

and relook at cubones and marowaks skull they are different

REØ

Smash Lord
but those are all for item uses, he doesn't even have an attack which he uses his hands

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
who says cubone would be that weak, look a jigs and pika they're doing fine, and mewtwo just sucks, i don't want them to add powerhouse pokemon like mewtwo because than they are gonna end up sucking and being to slow.

and relook at cubones and marowaks skull they are different
i never said cubone would be weak, im just saying marowak would be better. mewtwo was badly underpowered, just because he was a mistake doesnt mean the game doesnt need heavyweight characters. the way it looks is that the pokemon franchise is all being represented by cute puffballs and rats. we need more intimidating characters, energy beam shooting dragons, wave blasting foxes, etc... not a fat cat that sleeps whenever its not eating or a team of rat clones that think they are cute when they were just clones from pichu's DNA.
im saying cubone would be as big as pikachu and would be very deppressing looking. marowak would be as tall as young link and would look brave and looking. i guess they're skulls do look different, one of them is smoother, sleeker and cooler and uncracked. marowak even has a cooler looking bone club. marowak just looks much more like a fighter than cubone.

REØ

Smash Lord
marowak doesn't look like he's a bad@ss that's been in a ton of fights, he looks like he came out of a shower or a salon, and his bone looks just like an ordinary bone

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
cubone looks like a little kid that has been bashed up by bullies so much that he doesnt want to live anymore.
btw how would scyther use items that need hands?

REØ

Smash Lord
lol you got it the other way around, marowaks bone just looks like an oversized ordinary bone, cubone's looks more like a staff

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
u serious? do people hold staff's at their ends? i thought you held onto staff's in the middle.
btw if marowak was the same size as cubone, he would hav a bone twice as long as cubones bone

REØ

Smash Lord
cubones bone has a point at one side so he can put that facing towards the ground and hold the top part or middle which will make it look like a staff.

btw cubone has a better bone because he can whack people and stab them, or cut and slash, also he can draw with it in dirt and sand with the point:)

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
cubones bone cant look close to a staff, its way to small. so now its better because it has a toothpick at one side? ets compare weapons
a small twig shaped toothpick
a large (at least 2 times bigger if the sizes were the same) staff shaped bone
anyway if they both use bonemerang the bone with different ends is gonna look weird.

REØ

Smash Lord
it's the perfect size bone for cubone, so it can look like a staff for only cubone, and if he throws it using his boomerang and you're lucky the point part can stab into them, making it a possible kill

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
its the perfect size bone for cubone to look like a twig.
i think boomerangs have parallel ends for a reason. if one side is a thin point and the other is a bone end, it wouldnt look very good.

REØ

Smash Lord
well it's not my fault, that's how the developers made it, well i have to go to sleep in 5 minutes, can't talk anymore, it's 8 in the morning, going to sleep, argue tomorrow...zzzzzz...

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
ye well i think the developers deliberatly made marowak look cooler. o well i dont think we should be arguing about these 2 pokemon anyway. i just think marowak should be on the list. scyther and scizor should hav both been up ther. that way we could auctually see which one is more wanted.

Jacker128

Smash Cadet
Yeah pokemon threads are getting way out of control. McFox should sticky this and delete all the other pokemon threads, including newly made ones.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
No pokemon thread should be stickied without Cubone in the polls. I voted for paras because the rest of them are totally lame. Those two plus Dunsparse, Syther, and Delibird the stoned owl.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
Since the other thread for Pokemon was getting large, kaid had the idea to restart the topic and add a formal poll, so that's what's going on here. For the record, Paras > all other Pokemon, but unfortunately, Nintendo and the world at large don't seem to appreciate the awesomeness that is Paras. So in second place is Hitmonlee. If you disagree, you are wrong.
Hitmonlee should replace Pichu. Fighting pokemon in a fighting game, not too hard to figure out. I think that is about it, except for improvements to Mewtwo. I am a fan of pokemon, but I think that four is enough in Brawl.

McFox, I do remember the episode where Paras owns everything, but come on. Paras? It's a freakin' bug.

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
I voted poliwhirl since he is the only one on the list that I usually used when I played the old pokemon games. Kadabra was a close second though.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I voted poliwhirl since he is the only one on the list that I usually used when I played the old pokemon games. Kadabra was a close second though.
You get a + rep for that, and you made God happy by giving your vote to Poliwhirl :)

Anyways, glad to see you sticked this Mcfox, this oughta stop Kill_Shot's topic-fest

heartless Raven

Smash Rookie
I personally would like to see some of the original poke'mon in brawl. Somethin like scyther, cubone, heck I'd settle with Machamp. As long as it's something half decent, not these same ol' mice and rats scurryin about...

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
Hey I saw that! Hemi the giant,
I vote charmander/squirtle and deoxys/lucario and pikachu and maybe munchlax for brawl!
I think they are in it!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Hey I saw that! Hemi the giant,
I vote charmander/squirtle and deoxys/lucario and pikachu and maybe munchlax for brawl!
I think they are in it!
Hemi the giant? It's "hemightbegiant" :p

I still don't think Squirtle, charmander and the like will be in, but Deoxys and Lucario have the highest chances. Pikachu is confirmed in Brawl.

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
Whoops sorry. The reason I think these characters are in:
On the newest pokemon game the 3 characters that are shown
and all that good stuff on the site everywhere and all that
are Pikachu(confirmed), Squirtle, and charmander( the last two are good candidates. there are no water and fire pokemon) then deoxys is popular and lucario is popular and he is in the star of the new movie.! munchlax is also pretty popular, and cutness is not an excuse.
3 out of 4 from melee were cute and everyone is like aww cubone is so kyooot, cubone FTW!!!!!!!!1

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
All my choices are old school PMon.

Hitmonlee - The dude is BUILT for fighting. Now, I know they're ALL for fighting, but he is more-so than they are; hence why he is a fighting type.

Meowth - Unfortunatly, Meowth seems to be the most likely candidate for Brawl because he has what most of the others don't, regular TV appearences.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I added Cubone, just for you. :p This whole poll thing was kaid's idea, so I just put the characters he said had been requested more than once in the old Pokemon thread. However, I added Paras merely for my own purposes, so I decided to add Cubone too. :)

heartless Raven

Smash Rookie
yeah, that stings inside my chest.:( I am still kinda surprised at how low scyther's fan base is....I guess I'm just not up to date with poke'mon :crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom