• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon should be in Brawl?

Which Pokemon should make the roster?

• Lucario

Votes: 255 26.3%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 264 27.2%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 191 19.7%
  • Meowth

Votes: 163 16.8%
  • Heracross

Votes: 64 6.6%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 112 11.5%
  • Poliwhirl

Votes: 38 3.9%
  • Sandslash

Votes: 106 10.9%
  • Paras

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • Swampert

Votes: 37 3.8%
  • Buoysel

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • Bulbasaur & evolutions

Votes: 52 5.4%
  • Munchlax

Votes: 45 4.6%
  • Lugia

Votes: 47 4.8%
  • Charizard

Votes: 116 11.9%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 63 6.5%
  • Scyther

Votes: 189 19.5%
  • Sneasel/Weavel

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Kadabra

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Gengar

Votes: 111 11.4%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun

Votes: 108 11.1%
  • Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan

Votes: 207 21.3%
  • Eevee & evolutions

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • Grimer

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Missingno

Votes: 95 9.8%
  • Cubone

Votes: 120 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
That is the most generic and blatant sentence I've ever heard. "no competitive smasher uses items"

That's like saying No competetive athlete uses shoes.

Everyone uses items from time to time. It's fun.

Also 8 bit hacker is right, there are more casual smashers than hardcore ones.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
That is the most generic and blatant sentence I've ever heard. "no competitive smasher uses items"
Maybe he meant a competitive smasher never use items when they were in, well....a competition?

You guys have no spirit, Grimer represents Smashboards and you want characters like Lucario and Deoxys in over him? You all sicken me, except the 9 other people who voted for the right character.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
My opinion:

1st gen - no one, since we already have 3, maybe take out jiggs (original though) and add Gengar
2nd gen - take out pichu and add heracross (there are too many pokemon to waste space with clones)
3rd gen - maybe grovyle over sceptile
4th gen - Lucario is the only worthwhile 4th gen, and the most popular so far. All the new ones look so horrible except lucario and electabuzz's evolution and the legendaries. They really need to quit giving EVERYONE baby forms, especially ugly ones.

as for the rest,

deoxys - stupid pokemon that should never have been made, no cool enough for brawl (doesnt even look cool)
blaziken - ugly as #%$@ and shouldnt be in brawl. I hated that stupid thing, ugly and was waaay too strong. Its other forms were dumb too (combusken = ugliest pokemon ever) All the 3rd gen starters were dumb, (mudkip's forms all looked the same) except for treeko and his forms.
Munchlax - worthless
Polywhirl - would be better as polywrath or polytoad and not very poplular
Plusle and Minun - OMG!!! they really need to stop with the electric rodents that attack with their cheeks. Pikachu and raichu were enough. Pichu was pushing it and Plusle and Minun were too much. And now they have pachirisu??? STOP ALREADY!!!!

Pretty much the first gen was the best, and should have the most. 2nd gen was really good, and should have more than 3rd and 4th. 3rd sucked and needs only one. 4th looks horrible and needs only lucario. What have they done to pokemon??? Are they really that fresh out of ideas?

btw, who is buoysel???

Rizzoduckman

Smash Rookie
i could see deoxys working......kinda.....if it had all three forms to change into how could u do it??? i also think that hitmonchan/hitmonlee maybe with a down B move to change like zelda/sheik could work

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
you could have just edited your last post instead of double posting... besides, whos timothy? steve erwin was cool and popular and feraligatr is cool and popular.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
yea and besides, 1st gen is the best gen ever. they deserve characters the most. alot of people hate hate other gens because they all contain cheap rip offs. why should the other gens get represented over the first gen? because the first gen is the only gen that contains pokemon that people like? its got grimer, paras, dragonite, the best starters, mewtwo, pikachu, jigglypuff, scyther, meowth, gengar, marowak, eevee, hitmons. what does 2nd gen have? pichu, a rip off, heracross and feraligatr and more rip offs. that compares. 3rd gen? well their starters werent rip offs in any way at least, but wait, their starters are the only pokemon being suggested.

Airwave

Smash Rookie
Although G/S/C definitely were the best games story- and gameplay-wise, the 2nd generation of Pokemon wasn't that cool. Like FiErCe_oNi mentioned, most of them seemed like cheap rip-offs.

Let's just hope that they don't bring in any more baby Pokemon.

Boricua_Bob

Smash Cadet
I'd say, other than the Pokemon themselves (I'd really like to see Blazekin, Hitmonlee/Hitomochan, Medicham, and Sceptile/Grovyle.), I would truly like to see probably Koga, Ash, Jesse and James, and/or Bruno as playable characters. That'll be totally sweet. And like AirWave said, baby Pokemon aren't truly needed for Smash. Other than Tyrouge, though.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Meowth

Reasons

Oldschool
Can talk
Can have a great moveset
PLays a large roll in the anime
Has been in every season
is gangsta

I am rite

I NOMINATE MEDICHAM!

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
yay! someone who like grovyle, who rocks(but if he were in it would have to be ash's godzilla one!) but seriousally, MEWTWO SUCKS!!!!!!!

Iggy K

Smash Ace
yay! someone who like grovyle, who rocks(but if he were in it would have to be ash's godzilla one!) but seriousally, MEWTWO SUCKS!!!!!!!
That is an extremley crap reason for him to leave, and I'm sick of idiots posting it, if it was a reason for characters to leave, we wouldn't have Link SSBM.

bbb

Smash Champion
Hey, Corax! Stop ****ing double-posting. errr.... This isn't spam...

<_<
>_>

Gengar FTW.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I voted Deoxys, Pichu Bros. and PARAS!!! Deoxys would be kind of cool because it can transform to 4 different forms. There's a lot of potential in that. Pichu is just plain awesome and cute. He's one of my favs and he can learn volt tackle. Having Pichu Bros. will at least make them a little more different than Pikachu. I voted for Paras because Paras>all x10. Paras can cover the whole stage with spore and use his uber powers to pwn everyone. He could also become the most unique character.

I am totally against any starter or its evolutions being a playable character. They just seem more like Pokeball pokemon. Pikachu and Pichu are exceptions because Pikachu represents the series and Pichu is just plain awesome.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I voted for Paras because Paras>all x10. Paras can cover the whole stage with spore and use his uber powers to pwn everyone. He could also become the most unique character.

Man, smashboards is really full of total kiss-***es. Seriously people, paras is useless. Any pokemon that has two double weaknesses should really die out. Natural selection should have already made paras go extinct, since hes weak against practically everything. What an evolutionary disaster...

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
what about pichu? that thing is weak as **** in the game and cant do anything. that didnt stop him from becoming an unworthy clone in ssbm
I guess so. They really need some kick @$$ pokemon that can actually kill stuff. Mewtwo was cool (if he didnt suck), Pikachus an automatic (and Ash's level 45626502976+ can certainly kill stuff, even ground-type :laugh: ) Jiggs, well, i wish she was never put in, cause taking out an original is kinda lame. Pichu can die. Painfully I hope, even though i use him :ohwell: . They need to not put in any more fruity types, like pichu, jiggly, etc.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Why does this board have so much Pichu hate?
Oh, wait, it's the same fore every other board to. :( Poor Pichu.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
o comon, pichu was a stupid idea. would you be defending rattata if he was put in instead? i dont see what makes some people ignorantly support pichu

Iggy K

Smash Ace
o comon, pichu was a stupid idea. would you be defending rattata if he was put in instead? i dont see what makes some people ignorantly support pichu
Ever thought people sometimes defend him because, you know, they LIKE him? And I don't see how supporing Pichu makes me ignorant, besides, I wouldn't be suprised to see him return, Japan loves Pichu.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i dont see whats to like... a baby version of a popular pokemon... i just see him as a crap filler. i think supporting him is ignorant because to me i see him as one of the characters that wouldnt have been taken seriously if a person suggested him for ssbm before it was released, like the now shadow and missingno. the only reason he has support now is because he has already been in an ssb game.

Boricua_Bob

Smash Cadet
I agree with Firce_Oni. I mean, look at the game Battle Stadium D.O.N. (Dragonball Z, One Piece, Naruto Smash-like video game, for those who don't know.) They have all serious, if not infamous, characters in the game, and is very simalar to SSBB. It's a very popular game in Japan because of the gameplay and the characters themselves. So if Snake made SSBB hot, why can't Pichu? Well, that's because of gameplay. If you want a baby Pokemon, then get off the Pikachu.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Man, smashboards is really full of total kiss-***es. Seriously people, paras is useless. Any pokemon that has two double weaknesses should really die out. Natural selection should have already made paras go extinct, since hes weak against practically everything. What an evolutionary disaster...
Why do you think he has the effect spore? Any physical attack on him would cause paralysis or sleep. Then there's the attack spore with 100% accuracy. He could also be hidden by the environment so he doesn't get extinct. I was also joking about some parts of that last post about Paras so you shouldn't have taken it too seriously =/.
Yes! 100%!!!

Rattata is my favorite. Dont hate rattata, i think he would make an awsome character!! Or a pokeball at least...

w00t! Post #100
Why does Rattata have a better chance than Paras? They probably have the same chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom