• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon should be in Brawl?

Which Pokemon should make the roster?

• Lucario

Votes: 255 26.3%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 264 27.2%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 191 19.7%
  • Meowth

Votes: 163 16.8%
  • Heracross

Votes: 64 6.6%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 112 11.5%
  • Poliwhirl

Votes: 38 3.9%
  • Sandslash

Votes: 106 10.9%
  • Paras

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • Swampert

Votes: 37 3.8%
  • Buoysel

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • Bulbasaur & evolutions

Votes: 52 5.4%
  • Munchlax

Votes: 45 4.6%
  • Lugia

Votes: 47 4.8%
  • Charizard

Votes: 116 11.9%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 63 6.5%
  • Scyther

Votes: 189 19.5%
  • Sneasel/Weavel

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Kadabra

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Gengar

Votes: 111 11.4%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun

Votes: 108 11.1%
  • Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan

Votes: 207 21.3%
  • Eevee & evolutions

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • Grimer

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Missingno

Votes: 95 9.8%
  • Cubone

Votes: 120 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You've got no proof for either argument, with the posible exception of there being a movie about Lucario. There has never been a movie about a non-legendary pokemon yet.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
I dunno, Oni, remember your argument about Lance and Dragonite on your awesome Dragonite for Brawl thread? Aggron is to Steve (Poke'mon champion in Ruby/Sapphire) as Dragonite is to Lance.

BTW, kill_shot, I don't know if I ever told you this, but I like your Pika sig.
well yeah but aggron isnt stevens sig pokemon. i think its metagross. besides, lance is cooler than steven. he is one of the original characters and he is more important.

kaid

Smash Master
No proof, but a heck of a lot of circomstantial evidence points to nonlegendary status, whereas the Movie is the only evidence FOR legendary status.

Theasiantemptation

Smash Rookie
i agree with icymatt...it's meowth deoxys and Lucario who actually have a role in the series as well as the game. no one else stands out really. oh hitmonchan and hitmonlee would be neat

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
one that stands out in the game and movie>????
The starters are great! They are on both!
And missingo would never make it because it is
a glitch. "Hey guys lets put our mistake into a video
game!" lol

Fire Fox X

Smash Apprentice
I think Lucario should Be a Playable Character...It's Cool looking and has best suited for a fighting game such as SSBB.

So, my vote goes for Lucario

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that lucario will be a character, more like a pokeball. If he is legendary that is.

kaid

Smash Master
1 week till I can prove you wrong.

In the meantime, would you like to see the pile of circomstantial evidence that says (but not proves) that he is a non-legendary?

kaid

Smash Master
Alright.

Exibit A:

These are some of the first in-game images releaced of Lucario. Take note of the other pokemon.

This is from a fairly recent trailer. The line scans across the screen from right to left, this is a recombining so you can see them all.

Note: the same Pokemon is next to it. Also note the absence of Paruka, Diaruga, and Manfii from the list.

Two more images from the same trailer. These are reflections off a shiny, wavy surface implied later in the trailer to be the raised "Pokemon" font. (The images are less than 1 second apart in the trailer.)

Note the same pokemon.

We KNOW this other pokemon, Buoysel, is NOT a legendary. So why would they always be compared and linked, if Lucario WAS legendary?

Exibit B:

Over at Serebii.net, we've worked backward and calculated Lucario's Base Stats from this image. If Lucario was a legendary, it would be the weakest legendary ever by a noticable margin.
Morover, Lucario is in this image as low as level 30, lower than any non-event legendary. (So, Deoxys, Mew, Celebii, Jirachi and Manfii do not count) Moreover, we already know that Manfii is the Event Legendary for Diamond Pearl, and there has never been more than one per game-pair.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
As much as I'd hate to see Jigglypuff go, one thing that they could do is take out Jigglypuff, Pichu, & Mewtwo. Then add a Pokemon from G&S, a Pokemon from R&S, & a Pokemon from D&P. Then they would have 4 playable Pokemon, 1 representing each generation of the game. I guess they could technically keep Pichu as the G&S Pokemon.

If they don't do that, then I think Meowth has a good chance no matter how much McFox hates him. On the show Meowth :: the bad guys as Pikachu :: the good guys. So I'm a little surprised that Meowth wasn't in Melee.

smash-aholic

Smash Cadet
HOLY CRAP THERE IS ANOTHER POLEMON GAME OUT THERE COMING
OUT IN OCTOBER 28th IN JAPAN I NEED TO SEND MY GRANDMA AN e-MAIL
TO SEND ME THAT WOW

Boricua_Bob

Smash Cadet
I don't think that lucario will be a character, more like a pokeball. If he is legendary that is.
that may be true, but mewtwo was also considerd legendary. lucario is also could be one of the best pokemon to date, smash-wise. take a look at the movie if u don't believe me.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Well, I belive that, out of the Legendaries so far seen, Deoxys and Lucario are the only ones that could be viable fighters. The others all seem like Pokeball material to me.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
please god, no more pokemon.

we have four already. thats too much as it is. why should pokemon have the most charcters?

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
How can you prove that lucario isn't a legendary in 3 days?
I think it will be:
Pika
Jiggs
Lucario
Charmander
and Squirtle

Black/Light

Smash Master
^^The game comes out in Japan in 3 days. . . the day it comes out Japan will release the Japanese guild to the game and someone is going to scan the new pokemon from that guild. Once we know Lucario's pokemon number we will be able to prove he isn't legendary.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Blaziken is in second place, take that McFox. =P But I picked Lucario because of the whole generic char debate. (Check McFox's thread in this room for his persuasive two cents to this argument.) Every Pokemon so far in Smash has been a rare in some game, or at least had a role of some substance in the cartoon. I saw kaid's post on page one about Lucario not being legendary, but everything about him screams "Not a dime-a-dozen." That counts for Blaziken and Hitmonlee also, to a certain extent. But all three are fighting types, and Lucario and Blaziken would have some projs also, which are always good. But none of this goes for Paras; sorry McFox. ( McFox = :`(. I don't know why I keep picking on McFox about this Paras thing. =P ) But I don't care how rare Munchlax is, he's a horrible choice. End of story. =P

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
I don't want lucario, he is ugly.
He might have cool moves but he
is wierd.
I think we should have some cool
ones like blaziken and grovyle or sceptile!
Yeah I agree bladsheap. All have been rare.
Pikachu is rare or a starter.
Pichu you can only get by breeding.
Mewtwo is legendary "one of"
Jigglypuff is rare to,
soo on that note I change my discission to
Pikachu
Jigglpuff
Blaziken
Lucario maybe or a starter( How do you know that he is rare??? what if he is common?)
Dragonite(yes I picked him, you know why? cause he is super rare and would make for a perfect character that has almost ultimite domination!
After the release of D/P check out serebii for info on the new game after release, great site!

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
how does it lower chances???
SSB pokemon- Pikachu, Jigglypuff(not legendary)
SSBM Pokemon-Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo(only one is legendary)
looks like kaid you won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom