• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character you think had the most impact on the SSE storyline?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Which character you think had the most impact on the SSE storyline? I beleive that all the Kirby charcters had the most impact on the story mode because Sakurai was the creator for Kirby and he was the excutive director for the game so what do you think?

Ange

Smash Lord
King DDD also have a minor impact. If it weren't for him, Luigi and Ness wouldnt come to save the others, and he wouldnt slap Bowser either and tell him that Tabuu was the true enemy. :/

And if it werent for MK, he wouldnt have taken over his ship and etc, etc, etc.

Wizard Of Seraphym

Smash Cadet
mr. game and watch. everyone else was just extras imo

BUT seriously, i think that it could be one of at least 15 characters (Mario, Samus, Diddy Kong, ect,), as each either gathered their respective team, and all of them worked toward the same goal (Except jigglypuff. She just kinda sat there. and danced around)

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Behind the scenes, JIGGLYPUFF was the real one pulling all the strings. He gave Master Hand toilet paper laced with a flesh-eating virus, then killed Mewtwo and controlled his ghost, which he named Tabuu. All as revenge for being nerfed.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Sonic is the main character, because he was the only one who was able to weaken Tabuu. All of the other fighters are just extras.

Rudra

Smash Ace
The Kirby Chars did a lot of work. Heck, the gameplay itself reminds me of the Kirby games. D3 "somehow knows about Tabuu's powers" and gives some chars badges that revives them later, MK has his ship playing an inmortant role (C'mon, owning the Great Fox? I know it's a powerful ship but...) Kirby also did his thing: saving a good portion of the cast by himself.

Aside from those, Captain Falcon made the biggest contribution IMO (although he came out of NOWHERE. This proves that no one is safe from Falcon, no matter how far away they are) by making SSE very very....Manly? The Spacies (save Wolf =/) did nice things too I guess.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Um. Are we talking just playable characters? Because if not, uhm, hello....Tabuu! The dude behind the entire evil that needs to be stopped! :p

As far as playables, probably Kirby or Dedede.

EDIT: ****, Cease Tick! Beat me to it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For some reason it seemed like Mario's role in the Subspace Emissary was quite big.

If the player saved Zelda from Petey, Mario would be doing his old classic task of saving Princess Peach. Although it's sad that Mario was not able to get on board the Halberd.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
OMG i dont know what u guys are talking about, Jigglypuff, Wolf, and TL had the biggest impact
FRIED!!!!!

Kirby series and Sonic are up there

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
This thread has been done already.
The most favored nominees were:

G&W because his "essence" was used for the subspace army etc.
Sonic because he weakened Tabuu's attack.
D3 because of his patented "in-case-of-the-end-of-the-world-wear-these-stylish buttons".

Also popular but less so:
R.O.B. because they applied the sub-space bombs.
MK because his ship was important to Tabuu's conquest.
Kirby always comes up because he coughed up D3's button but remember, D3 trumps him because without D3 there would be no D3 buttons.

Everyone has their own personal opinions and weird reasoning but these were the most popular choices IIRC.

Raimu

Smash Cadet
What about Gannandorf and Bowser? The dudes who were doing the master hand's bidding the whole time and turning all the good guys into trophies?

Honestly, from what I saw, Master Hand was behind that whole thing than Taboo came in ala final fantasy and is all like "BAH, YOU NEVER HEARD OF ME BEFORE BUT I'M THE REAL LAST BOSS!" And then proceeded to pwn master hand in the.. er... not.. face...

Raimu

Smash Cadet
I think characters could have more impact on the storyline if they actually.. you know.. talked. 90% of characters in this game can talk, but, for the sake of 2 or 3 that can't, they made everyone talk in a series of grunts @_@. Calling it a "story" is a bit generous in the first place :p

The Star King

Smash Hero
Roy! His epic quest to obtain the true phyr3, and the memorable boss fight with elemental lord of phyr3. His slow mastering of his destined power, with the help of his childhood friend, and realizing that he was the central force of the war. And the final clash with Tabuu, where he, Mewtwo, and Pichu focused their courage and sacrificed themselves so that good may with this war, and the other characters can live in peace and harmony. Roy truly played a pivotal role in SSE!

EternalBlackDragon

Smash Rookie
I'd like to say sonic helped a lot, but as we all know he only stopped our friend tabuu (forgot the spelling) from sending everyone into trophies, but if I had to chose another would be Dee
DeeDee he did save kirbi and two others after tabuu turned everyone to tropies.

~EBD

-=Blaze=-

Smash Rookie
nah the one who had the most important role was... the SANDBAG, yeah that evil piece of ... whatever it is made of , he saved them all when he anhiliated tabuu with stickers and CD's and two forks

But seriously everyone made their part, in my opinion the story should have ended when Captain Falcon punched the giant ROB causing that time and space ripped apart killing every another dimension being (tabuu) while we hear CP shouting YES a million times while the credits roll.

Regam

Smash Rookie
I've got to say Ganondorf. He recruited the villain army, and interpreted Master Hand. Without him, I don't see much of a plot. "Oh, no! There's this evil guy who can't do anything! We need to stop his sinister plot that he can't even start!"

Then G&W, then Kirby, Wario, Bowser, and the rest of the heroes.

justaway12

Smash Master
i've just realized that game&watch had a lot of impact, the thing that made the monsters of subspace were extracted from him so if it wasn't for him they wouldn't have enemies if you have the shadow bugs trophy the explanation is from there

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Many characters help a ton. Kirby and King D3 are 2 of the big ones. Kirby was fighting from the start, saved both of the princesses at one point, rescues link and yoshi (or mario and pit), flies the dragoon into ganan and bowser's ship, destroying it, defeats petey, ect (you get the idea)

King Dedede put those badges on luigi and ness and kirby swallowed one. Without them, everyone would have been lost and defeated in subspace.

Sonic does help quite a bit, even though he has a very late entrance because he weakens tabuu significantly for the final battle.

And, this just IMO, but I think lucas helps too. I believe he defeats 3 or 4 bosses, more than any other character I think, and saves the PT from being destroyed after one of them.

.Marik

is a social misfit
R.O.B., because he was the Ancient Minister, and Mr.Game And Watch, because without the substance that grows inside of him, there wouldn't have been a Story in the first place.

Top Bottom